Last updated: 04/10/2023
We are committed to protecting your privacy and being transparent about how We handle your personal data.
Data We collect and use (scope and source of the data)
In the course of activities related to the provision of the Services, We may process the following categories of personal data provided to Us directly by you or collected by automated means (including third party tools):
- Identification and contact details (such as nicname and e-mail);
- Account details (such as password, authentication token, profile picture, referral), settings and preferences;
- Game data (including chat and forum conversations);
- Survey results and user profiling;
- Service use data (such as cookies data, device, IP, error logs);
- Support inquiries;
- Purchase and payment history.
The provision of identification data necessary for contract conclusion and data necessary for your authentication is obligatory. The scope of the data we need may vary depending on the means of access to the Services you use (e.g. Facebook Login). The provision of other data is entirely voluntary. Some of the processed data is collected by automated means, including third party trackers and analytic tools (e.g. Rollbar and Google Analytics).
How do We use your data (purpose and legal basis)?
We may process your personal data specified above for the following purposes:
- Provision of the Services including support (legal basis of a contract performance);
- Sale of merchandise (legal basis of a contract performance);
- Organization of contests, sweepstakes and promotions (legal basis of a contract performance);
- Development and improvement of the Services (legal basis of our legitimate interests in providing better Services);
- Compliance (legal basis of compliance with our legal obligations);
- Protection of our rights and interests (legal basis of our legitimate interests in keeping ourselves harmless);
- Marketing and advertising (legal basis of your consent or our legitimate interests in maintaining relationships with our users).
You will never be a subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that would produce legal effects concerning you or would similarly significantly affect you.
Where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
How long do We keep your data?
We process the personal data of our users for the following time periods:
- Duration of our contractual relationship (where the legal basis is the performance of a contract);
- Period specified by law (where the legal basis is compliance with our legal obligations);
- Period for which you have granted the consent or until the consent withdrawal (where the legal basis is your consent);
- Period necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing or until a justified objection is made (where the legal basis of legitimate interests applies).
We will cease to process your personal data and We will destroy all its copies once We will not have a valid legal basis for the processing.
You can delete your Virtonomics account at any time. After the account deletion, We can still process your personal data for the compliance purposes and for the purposes of protecting our rights and interests.
Data transfers and disclosures
Some of your game and account data is publicly available within the Services. Otherwise, We try to limit the personal data transfers and disclosures to what is strictly necessary. When We transfer or disclose your personal data to a third-party recipient it is always only on a need-to-know basis.
Your personal data may be transferred or disclosed to the following recipients:
- Other users of the Services;
- Our employees;
- Data processors (e.g. cloud storage, software tools, distribution platforms and payment solution providers);
- State authorities (in cases required by applicable laws).
Notifications and newsletter
We are sending our users transactional e-mails, including game notifications, as well as newsletters that can have a nature of commercial communication. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the link in the footer of any newsletter e-mail. You can also always change your email preferences in your Virtonomics account.
You have the following rights with regards to your personal data being processed (if the statutory conditions are met):
- Right to withdraw given consent to the processing at any time;
- Right to be informed of your personal data We process and to request access to it;
- Right to have your personal data rectified where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to request temporary restriction of the processing;
- Right to have your personal data erased;
- Right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests or to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to receive a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable format and to transmit it freely to another service.
To delete your Virtonomics user account and your personal data, you need to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to delete your data. The email address of the sender must match the email address of the game account to be deleted.