Ever considered a possibility to open your own boutique and sell only special high quality wares? Well, you can have a taste what it’s like!
Welcome to world of premium retail!
The purpose of this game is to provide an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a retail business. You will be able to apply your theoretical knowledge into practice and develop necessary skills to operate a successful retail company.
You will have to manage three apparel stores. All three stores are located in regions with high level of income. The quality and brand of the merchandise plays the most important role in managing of your retail business, thus you will have to devise the right strategy to outsmart your competitors, who offer products at more affordable prices.
You will be responsible for day to day activities and future development, such as:
- Product line – choosing and purchasing goods to sell.
- Pricing – you will decide the price policy for each good.
- Personnel – hire and fire employees, change their salaries and train them.
- The store – change the size and location of the store as you see fit.
- Advertising – choose the right media channels and the right budget to attract visitors.
- As well as market analysis, opening new stores, managing offices and many more.
You will receive 3 stores in regions with different level of income, thus you will need to apply different strategies and do things differently. How creative you will get is up to you. How big you will be able to become is also up to you.
Make decisions, fail, make different decisions, fail less, make improved decisions, succeed.
If you will make mistakes, that’s good. If you will not make mistakes, that’s also good. Because by learning in business simulation you will be able to decrease the number of mistakes in real life business.
Skills to develop
During the game play you can focus on your development in these areas:
- Retail business management.
- Marketing – all 4Ps, market analysis, pricing, product mix, etc.
- Strategic Management.
- HR management.
- Business planning.
- Business expansion.
- Supply chain management.
As well as develop your core skills:
- Management skills.
- Decision making.
- Analytical skills.
- Strategic and systematic thinking.
Format and difficulty
The game is turned based and in 1 hour (Intensive version)/day (Classic version) you will see results of 1 virtual week.
Game difficulty – easy. Recommended for those who lack practical management experience.
This is a browser-based solution – all you need is some time, an internet connection and a browser, no installation is required.
So, what are you waiting for?
Tags: business-game, retail-management, sales