Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

26.10.2016, 01:25

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Maybe wool?  If you have a potato farm you can use it for feed that is higher quality than grain independent supplier.. 

27.10.2016, 14:07

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

ok, I'm starting up a sheep farm. Let's see what it can produce...

Unfortunately, I don't own a potato farm, so the sheep will have to live off grain... 

27.10.2016, 19:22

Last time edited : 27.10.2016, 19:27

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I can send q10 potatoes so you could have q 20 livestock. If interested let me know how many potatoes you need per turn to start. 

7.11.2016, 14:17

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Earth Day . . . Earth Year . . . Earth First!

New initiative: In Flames will help protect and of course benefit from our virtual earth.  Amazing save the earth deals for corp members below!

All products are for the purpose of constant supply to corp members.  The only rule is please don’t wholesale to other players.  The goal is to retail or use in factories or restaurants.

Available now!

Grain q 11
Cacao q 5
Cotton q 7.5
Flowers and Herbs q 8
Tea leaf q 13.5
Rice q 11
Tobacco q 8.5
Corn q 7.5
Wood q 16.5
Animal Feed q 25
Cows q 60+
Pigs q 60+
Sheep q 60+
Chickens q 60+
Bees q 30 +
And, everything you need for oyster restaurants: Spice, red caviar, liqueur, oysters

Help me save this virtual planet!!

23.12.2016, 17:59.     Subject: IT

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Everyone is excited about IT, but we don't really know how it will turn out. It could be a big money maker; it could end up like yacht racing.

As I understand it, you need towers to provide bandwith. These require really expensive equipment and have no employees. It is unclear to me whether the Towers will contribute to Qualification growth because there are no employees. We will find out soon.

The Tower owners sell bandwidth to players with the "Mobile Network Operator" facilities. These facilities require the IT equipment that are made from the servers, laptops and printers. These consume a lot of resources, but you can get started with only 1 unit of equipment for a size 1 operation. These facilities employ workers. Since the starting equipment will be Q1, the only problem will be determining your maximum worker qualification. These facilities will sell IT to the city, but it is not clear how that is going to work out yet. It might be government procurement. It might be local buyers. This very well could be a prestige sector rather than a money maker.

If you want to make all the equipment, you are free to do so, but it will consume a lot of resources that people could likely put to much better use. I will need the factories for research, and I can supply everything that I need to myself. The demand for the equipment will be very limited and these factories will likely be idle other than for industrial testing during phase 3 of research.

Sulaco will have initial IT equipment before anyone else. I suggest you buy from him to get started with Qualification growth. I will eventually supply low cost equipment to the corp, but it will take a while. My experience with equipment is that you make a lot more money elsewhere. I will have the Tower equipment available in 2 turns. I will sell my excess to the corp at low price. Market price for Tower equipment is likely to be $20 million or more per unit and a Tower requires 1000 units.

I will sell my Tower output to the corp at my cost which will likely be a lot cheaper than market price. I think the best way for newer players to build qualification and compete in IT will be with the Mobile Network Operators. I think that if you all try to build all the stuff yourself, you are going to just waste resources that would earn a lot more money if put into Game Consoles and Electric Cars.

If IT turns out to be better than Car Repair or Restaurants, then we will want to pile in, but IT may turn out to be like Power Generation, Yacht Racing, Commercial Aircraft or Dry Cleaning. 

27.12.2016, 18:22

Last time edited : 27.12.2016, 23:29

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

This IT business looks really profitable.
My first sales (92% efficiency and 20 people)

Number of subscribers 13 859 (max.: 350 000)
Paid minutes         138 590 (9 744.61 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $400.00 per minute ($55 436 000.00)

From this data we can conclude that a subscriber purchases 10 minutes of internet usage per update.
This is an intresting system, becasue the towers sell data per MB and not per minute, meanwhile the IT service centers sell data per minutes and not per MB to the end users.
This is a very important fact, because each quality point of the towers raises the brandwith (speed of data used) by 15%, meaning that the consumers can use more data per minute, leading to higher consumption of the data. So IT centers will have to adopt higher prices per minutes.

I can manufacture 160 towers per update for a price around $ 16-20 million, just reached tech 2.
First towers are available now.

One more thing:
Do not forget to advertise your IT service centers. 
"Building better worlds"

27.12.2016, 19:30

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Both the Kindergartens and the IT will be profitable. We need a strategy for IT. Do we want to all build IT in the same city and share Tower Bandwidth? Or do we want to concentrate on 1 city per person and each person manages their own Tower capacity.

My Tower in Fukuoka produce more bandwidth than the max consumption of my IT unit. How much to charge? I did not sell out in Fukuoka at $1000 per minute, so that sets a ceiling on what we can charge for bandwidth. My IT unit was very profitable.

If we run Towers as a corporate project, we will need to figure out a "fair" price for bandwidth that compensates the loss of zinc to build the units, but that is not so high as to leave no profit for the IT units selling minutes. We will need to discuss this as a group. Sulaco's price of $400 per bandwidth sounds in the right ballpark. The big profits will be in the IT units rather than in the Towers. 

28.12.2016, 01:43

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

I will run some figures along the lines of what Sulaco did to estimate cost of materials to build the Tower Equipment and IT equipment based on 1 game point = $100 billion. I will collect some figures on wear on the equipment to get a handle on the material cost to generate 1 unit of sales from towers and IT units. This will give us some idea of how much things are worth. Of course, anyone who thinks a price is too high is free to purchase their own mine and they will be able to produce dirt cheap equipment. Initially we will be using everything we produce, but I suspect in a short time the demand for equipment will be limited and we will have older equipment that could be sold at a big discount to corp players without mines. 

28.12.2016, 02:25

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Five years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

1 tower can create a traffic of
350 * (1 + 0.15 * quality).

The depreciation time of the tower is 2 years (+1.5% for each quality point) meaning that using the 52 day long virto-year a tower will create a traffic of:

2 * 52 * 350 * ( 1 + 0.015 * (quality - 1))  *  (1 + 0.15 * (quality - 1))

quality = 1

2 * 52 * 350 = 36 400

1 tower will cost around $ 20 million

20 000 000 / 36 400 = 550

So the break even point for towers is $550 per MB at level quality 1.
However it is decreasing as the quality is increasing.

20 000 000 / 2 * 52 * 350 * ( 1 + 0.015 * (quality - 1))  *  (1 + 0.15 * (quality - 1))

I used nearly 10 000 MB to create an income of $ 55 million and reach a profit of 40 million before taxes.
Meaning that 1 MB of data traffic creates a profit of  $ 4 000.
I think that a fee of $ 1500 per MB would be a fair price. 
"Building better worlds"

29.12.2016, 04:43

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

I bought 15,000 MB in Tokyo from you. My It Unit used a little over 1/2 that (8149). I sold 81,483 minutes @ $400 each for revenue of $32 mil. My Expenses were $26.7 mil including $22.5 mil for the MB. Profit was $3.6 mil.

So even with a very unfavorable setup where I only sold 1/2 of the bandwidth sold, my division was profitable.

I think that anywhere from $1000 -1500 per MB will work out depending on the circumstances. It is a reasonable place to start from. 

29.12.2016, 08:23

Last time edited : 25.01.2017, 09:06

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Paid minutes         138 590 (9 744.61 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $400.00 per minute ($55 436 000.00)

From this data we can conclude that a subscriber purchases 10 minutes of internet usage per update.

So  1 equip = 35K subscribers = 350K minutes. At the ratio of MB to minutes, an IT center with 1 equip can sell 24600 MB per turn. The largest size IT center can sell 50x that amount or 1.23M MB per turn.

At the ratio of 1 tower = 350MB data, a basic IT center with 1 equipment can handle up to 70 towers worth of bandwidth. 

29.12.2016, 16:42

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

It is looking like IT will be where the money is and KG will be a good way to pick up certificates. As people gain experience please post questions and good ideas. This will help everyone. Jayman and Sulaco will likely be the leaders in supplying MB so pay attention to their announcements about where MB is available.

A Basic IT with 1 equipment is an instant money maker if you have access to MB. 

29.12.2016, 21:19

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Jayman
Sulaco
This IT business looks really profitable.
My first sales (92% efficiency and 20 people)

Number of subscribers 13 859 (max.: 350 000)

I see you're only running at 4% capacity so I wonder if you would get the same number of subscribers with 1 IT equipment because it can handle 35K subscribers.

I did an experiment to test it using 2 IT centers in New York - one with 1 equip and another with 10 equip:

Basic IT-Center
Equipment quantity 1 pcs. (maximum 1)
Number of subscribers 900 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 8 991 (632.18 MB per turn)
Price (at the moment of update) $4 000.00 per minute ($35 964 000.00)

Medium IT-Center
Equipment quantity 10 pcs. (maximum 25)
Number of subscribers 8 992 (max.: 350 000)
Paid minutes 89 911 (6 321.87 MB per turn)
Price (at the moment of update) $4 000.00 per minute ($359 644 000.00)

It looks like 10x the equip = 10x the sales even when it's only running at 3% capacity. 

29.12.2016, 21:23

Last time edited : 29.12.2016, 21:43

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

IT center in NY sales with 10 equipment:

First update - Sold 12K minutes at 30K per minute for 355M revenue
Third update - Sold 90K minutes at 4K per minute for 360M revenue

Los Angeles (10 equip):
Number of subscribers 114 (max.: 350 000)
Paid minutes 1 136 (79.88 MB per turn)
Service level Very low
Price (at the moment of update) $16 000.00 per minute ($18 176 000.00)

Chicago (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 348 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 3 474 (244.27 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $9 000.00 per minute ($31 266 000.00)

Seoul (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 2 281 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 22 803 (1 603.34 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $1 000.00 per minute ($22 803 000.00)
Popularity 194.66 

30.12.2016, 19:02

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

Here is my back of the envelope calculation of the "value" of a Communication Equipment (Tower)

3,200 Electronic Components @ $210.21 = $672,672.00
80,000 Steel @ $45.62 = $3,649,600.00

Zinc is refined from Polymetallic Ore. If you buy a 10 point mine and value a point at $100 billion, then the resources are $1 trillion for however many units the mine holds. A 10 point Quality 1, Complexity 5 mine has 88,280,510 units of ore.
1 ore makes 1 zinc, so the "value" of zinc = $1 trillion / 88,280,510 = $11,327.53.

19,200 Zinc @ $11,327,53 = $217,488,529.01.

A production run makes 16 units, so add up the material costs and divide by 16 = $13,863,175.06

There is no such thing as a "fair" price in a free market. Whatever someone is willing to pay voluntarily is fair. That said, the above calculation gives a frame of reference. An member can charge more or charge less. Obviously, if the equipment is available for less, then one either accepts a lower value on the zinc or one stops selling the equipment and waits for better market conditions.

I will start out offering Communication equipment to Corp members for $10 million. I will sell whatever does not get purchased to the public for $14 million. As the market evolves these prices are subject to change. 

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread