Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: master Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

30.12.2016, 19:55

Last time edited : 30.12.2016, 19:58

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gberdine
Zinc is refined from Polymetallic Ore. If you buy a 10 point mine and value a point at $100 billion, then the resources are $1 trillion for however many units the mine holds. A 10 point Quality 1, Complexity 5 mine has 88,280,510 units of ore.
1 ore makes 1 zinc, so the "value" of zinc = $1 trillion / 88,280,510 = $11,327.53.

19,200 Zinc @ $11,327,53 = $217,488,529.01.

I sell zinc for $45.9K each and sell out every update. It takes 1,200 zinc to build one tower. Since that zinc could be sold for $55M (45.9K x 1200), the true cost for zinc to build a tower is $55M. Add in the other components and it costs $60M for the materials alone. That doesn't include the research to upgrade technology or the value of the additional time it takes to build towers. 

30.12.2016, 20:04

Last time edited : 25.01.2017, 09:09

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Update: Low service level will reduce demand if there is more competition.

It's interesting that additional advertising and increasing the service level didn't make any difference in sales for my IT centers:

Seoul (1 equip, Q1.02 workers):
Popularity 194.66
Number of subscribers 2 281 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 22 803 (1 603.34 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $1 000.00 per minute ($22 803 000.00)

Seoul (1 equip, Q10.98 workers):
Popularity 267.00
Number of subscribers 2 282 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 22 811 (1 603.90 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $1 000.00 per minute ($22 811 000.00) 

30.12.2016, 21:20

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Jayman
gberdine
Zinc is refined from Polymetallic Ore. If you buy a 10 point mine and value a point at $100 billion, then the resources are $1 trillion for however many units the mine holds. A 10 point Quality 1, Complexity 5 mine has 88,280,510 units of ore.
1 ore makes 1 zinc, so the "value" of zinc = $1 trillion / 88,280,510 = $11,327.53.

19,200 Zinc @ $11,327,53 = $217,488,529.01.

I sell zinc for $45.9K each and sell out every update. It takes 1,200 zinc to build one tower. Since that zinc could be sold for $55M (45.9K x 1200), the true cost for zinc to build a tower is $55M. Add in the other components and it costs $60M for the materials alone. That doesn't include the research to upgrade technology or the value of the additional time it takes to build towers.

That is why I started out by saying there is no such thing as a "fair" price in a free market.

My calculation assumed that the "value" of zinc was determined by some arbitrary exchange ratio for virts. Your calculation assumed that you could sell all of your zinc for $45.9K. You are absolutely correct that given the choice of selling zinc for $45.9K and selling Tower equipment for $13 million, that you would make more money by selling the zinc. The market is not a fixed entity. Things change after every turn. The point of these calculations is to explain the logic behind a price. There is no correct price. There is only the price you get in exchange. 

30.12.2016, 21:34

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Cost of MB. This will depend on the "value" that you put on a Communication (Tower) Equipment. Using my "value" of 13 million:

$13,863,175.06  Cost of Equipment
0.23% Equipment wear per turn
Multiply getting $31,885 Wear per equipment per turn
Each Equipment (Tech 2) generates 436 MB.
Cost per MB = $73.

For a different "value" V for a piece of equipment, the cost of a MB = V *0.0023 / 436.

That is the break even price. There is no reason that all of the profit should be at the retail distribution of bandwidth. The point is that you can make money for less than $1000 per MB, but my experimental Tokyo station was able to make money buying MB at $1500. I think the market will settle somewhere between $500 - $1,000 per MB depending on how many people build Tower Units and how many people build the IT Equipment. Right now my expansion is limited by my growth in Top3, so I am mostly buying MB from other players and using Tower Units where there is no market for MB.

The purpose of this discussion is not to dictate what people should charge, but rather to provide a frame of reference so that players on the both the supply and demand end of the trades do not feel they are being taken advantage of. 

31.12.2016, 20:26

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gberdine
Jayman
gberdine
My calculation assumed that the "value" of zinc was determined by some arbitrary exchange ratio for virts. Your calculation assumed that you could sell all of your zinc for $45.9K. You are absolutely correct that given the choice of selling zinc for $45.9K and selling Tower equipment for $13 million, that you would make more money by selling the zinc. The market is not a fixed entity. Things change after every turn. The point of these calculations is to explain the logic behind a price. There is no correct price. There is only the price you get in exchange.

The fair market value of a product is equal to what people are currently willing to pay. Your calculation is more of a long-term average value that can be used to help decide whether to buy a mine or how much towers will likely cost to build once the initial excitement of towers is over.

31.12.2016, 20:27

Last time edited : 2.01.2017, 19:21

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

It appears price doesn't make much of a difference either when it comes to IT centers. I tried very different prices ($500/MB, $2K/MB, $9K/MB, $20K/MB) and got the same revenues each time. Only when prices were too low ($100/MB) or too high ($5K/MB in Seoul) did revenue come in at 50% of normal levels.

Chicago (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 348 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 3 474 (244.27 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $9 000.00 per minute ($31 266 000.00)

Chicago (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 1 565 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 15 642 (1 099.83 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $2 000.00 per minute ($31 284 000.00)

Chicago (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 6 262 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 62 612 (4 402.41 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $500.00 per minute ($31 306 000.00)

Chicago (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 157 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 1 563 (109.90 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $20 000.00 per minute ($31 260 000.00)

Chicago (1 equip):
Number of subscribers 14 365 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 143 645 (10 100.04 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $100.00 per minute ($14 364 500.00)

In Seoul, I get same revenues charging $1000/MB as I did charging $100/MB:

Seoul (1 equip):
Popularity 267.00
Number of subscribers 2 282 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 22 811 (1 603.90 MB per turn)
Service level Normal
Price (at the moment of update) $1 000.00 per minute ($22 811 000.00)

Seoul (1 equip) - Regional Level - Largest size
Number of subscribers 22 828 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 228 275 (16 050.59 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $100.00 per minute ($22 827 500.00)

Seoul (1 equip) - Basic IT center - Smallest size
Number of subscribers 4 582 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 45 816 (3 221.44 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $500.00 per minute ($22 908 000.00)

Seoul (1 equip)
Number of subscribers 206 (max.: 35 000)
Paid minutes 2 051 (144.21 MB per turn)
Service level Low
Price (at the moment of update) $5 000.00 per minute ($10 255 000.00) 

31.12.2016, 22:47

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Five years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

"$13,863,175.06  Cost of Equipment
0.23% Equipment wear per turn
Multiply getting $31,885 Wear per equipment per turn
Each Equipment (Tech 2) generates 436 MB.
Cost per MB = $73."

The problem is that the wear and tear is not 0.023% but 0.96%.
According to reference data, the useful life of the towers is 2 virto years +1.5% per quality point.
2 virto years is 104 updates.

If you take the 13 million (which is below the break even price according to my pricing system)

13 000 000 / 104 * 350 = 357 $

Also this:

"3,200 Electronic Components @ $210.21 = $672,672.00"

is a very "kind" price because electronic components (quality 6) cost $ 3,000 on the market meaning that it would cost
$ 9,600,000 which is 15 times higher what you calculated.

"It's interesting that additional advertising and increasing the service level didn't make any difference in sales for my IT centers: "

I think the brandwith will be the real deal.
Using quality 6 equipment the speed will be nearly double (+90%), meaning that you will consume more MB and I guess you can charge more.

I have been thinking about what policy should we follow with the replacement of towers.
I suggest not to repair the towers, due to the fact that you can build unlimited number of Tel.com. subdivisions, so its more logical to build new Tower subdivisions than to repair current ones.
I will tell you why.
This is a brand new industry so the level of technology is increasing rapidly, resulting in higher quality equipment (which means +15%  data speed per quality point). If we use these new equipments to repair and expand existing tower subdivision we will end up always 1 step behind our potential competitors.
Meanwhile, we can have access to the best data speed and highest quality of equipment  if we build new tower subdivision and placing the equipment there, leaving the old ones to depreciate to 0. 
"Building better worlds"

1.01.2017, 23:59

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

Sulaco

The problem is that the wear and tear is not 0.023% but 0.96%.
According to reference data, the useful life of the towers is 2 virto years +1.5% per quality point.
2 virto years is 104 updates.
My 0.23% was determined by watching the Wear figure from turn to turn. I think that is more accurate than a computation based on something the developers said.

In any case, the question became moot for me, as I was unable to charge more than $10,000 for the equipment due to the IP. 

2.01.2017, 02:51

Quadriad
"Point and shoot" SLR camera Film camera Soccer ball Beach sandals Sun umbrella Toucan Buriti palm
Maraca Watering can Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Leader in technologies
Three years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viki Inc.
n:
Blue Chariot
m:
Quadriad Box

Hi, i'm not in your corp (almost ), hope you don't mind my posting here.

Interesting discussion and very helpful! I think what's driving the price of polymetallic ore is garden furniture. I looked it up:

50k x .3(polymetallic ore) + 10k x .7(copper) + 5k (wood) ~ 30k (inclu. production of zinc)

garden furniture ~ 200k in store

so there is a ~100k profit per ore. It's not clear IT can beat this, profit-wise (of course, it's a different qualification) 

2.01.2017, 18:33

Last time edited : 2.01.2017, 18:34

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

Quadriad
Hi, i'm not in your corp (almost ), hope you don't mind my posting here.

Interesting discussion and very helpful! I think what's driving the price of polymetallic ore is garden furniture. I looked it up:

50k x .3(polymetallic ore) + 10k x .7(copper) + 5k (wood) ~ 30k (inclu. production of zinc)

garden furniture ~ 200k in store

so there is a ~100k profit per ore. It's not clear IT can beat this, profit-wise (of course, it's a different qualification)

It depends on which valuing method you use.
You can use the profit/ore method or you can use the profit/labour method. And many other methods.

Using the profit/ore system, as you said garden furniture is more profitable, however if you use the profit/labour system:

amount of profit / amount of labour used =

garden furniture

150 000 / 4 = 35 000

towers

1 000 000 / 12.5 = 80 000

and this $ 1 million profit per tower is a very very very low estimation.
I use the profit/labour method for valuing business opportunities, because qualification is the biggest constraint in this game not money or resources. 
"Building better worlds"

2.01.2017, 19:22

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Size of IT center doesn't make any difference. I tried smallest size and largest size IT center in the same city and revenues were the same. 

3.01.2017, 21:32

Sulaco
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

Jayman
Did you try different speed? 

5.01.2017, 00:37

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

Based on Jayman's experiments, it seems the limit to IT income is access to bandwidth and TOP3.

The IT report has some problems. They fixed the difficulties with changing a bandwidth order. However, the report indicates access to bandwidth when none gets delivered. My Seoul problem was due to no bandwidth being delivered despite the report showing that plenty was available.

All of the IT equipment appears to be selling irrespective of price. When I work on tweaking IT late in the day, the only equipment available for Towers or IT divisions is my own equipment.

How do I get around the IP limitation on the price for my Tower equipment? Otherwise, I will just use all my production and try to sell bandwidth. The game won't let me charge more than $10 million for a Communication equipment (the ones that require thousands of zinc to build). 

5.01.2017, 08:08

Last time edited : 5.01.2017, 08:49

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gberdine
Based on Jayman's experiments, it seems the limit to IT income is access to bandwidth and TOP3.

Primarily top3. I'm able to purchase enough bandwidth to maximize top3 without using any of the towers I built.

How do I get around the IP limitation on the price for my Tower equipment? Otherwise, I will just use all my production and try to sell bandwidth. The game won't let me charge more than $10 million for a Communication equipment (the ones that require thousands of zinc to build).

The only way you can sell above the IP limitation is if your prime cost is higher so anything that raises prime cost (higher salaries, buying materials at higher prices, custom fees) will allow you to charge more. Once you set the price to the higher prime cost you can continue selling at that price even if your prime cost for additional units is much lower. 

6.01.2017, 07:18

Last time edited : 8.01.2017, 18:52

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Towers produce the same amount of bandwidth as long as wear and tear is less than 10%. 

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread