Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

16.03.2017, 14:43

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Dig, welcome aboard!  I recommend 1st step do company reorg.  It's fun and it sounds like you need it.

If you're up for it, let's discuss in this thread.  You can share your thoughts and others will respond or we can just hurl best advice at you haha!

G
Ridiculously 

17.03.2017, 01:21

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Sports Tools may make a comeback as they are an ingredient for one of the Kindergarten lines. 

17.03.2017, 03:56

Last time edited : 17.03.2017, 05:56

Dignifried
Triple corporate chevron Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Eight years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics

G_Money33
...... 1st step do company reorg.  It's fun and it sounds like you need it
If you're up for it, let's discuss in this thread......

I am eager to hear suggestions. A clear sense of direction would be nice for a change.

gberdine
Sports Tools may make a comeback as they are an ingredient for one of the Kindergarten lines.

That is good news, indeed.

To get the ball rolling, here is my situation.
I am mostly (80%+) set up in Russia, China and Kazakhstan.

Historically (since the demise of independent bauxite supply) my core business has been a maxed out steel plant, a few microchip factories and more recently a small woodlot.

Production: everything else in my portfolio, is either vertical integration to consume my steel and chips, or wild experiments that i never cleaned up.

I try to keep up with tops capacity in livestock.
I have failed miserably and repeatedly in the services sector.
I really don't like plantations and anything seasonal.
I don't mind retail, would like to expand that
never tried mining (i am too cheap)

currently...
I just got back into researching again
I just bought/built up a complete yacht production line on a whim (squirrel!!!) 

17.03.2017, 19:28

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Dignifried
I just bought/built up a complete yacht production line on a whim (squirrel!!!)
I roll!

Well, one approach is to shrink first.  Use profit reports to look at your set-up from different angles and clean up or shut down losers and low profit operations.  You will be left with your winners, higher daily profit and more room under your qualification to set-up more big winners.

In general the old services are not good.  The brand new services others can also speak to better than I.  We can help you with profitable restaurants and service stations if you'd like.

You could also offer to retail for others in the corp if you like retailing.  Some hate it and would partner with a retailer I think.

Maybe if you lay out what rare resources you have, others can direct you in profitable directions based on that.  Is it just the woodlot?

18.03.2017, 01:09

Last time edited : 18.03.2017, 20:34

Dignifried
Triple corporate chevron Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

G_Money33

Well, one approach is to shrink first....
Lets run with that.
I want to clean up my inventory flows/prices at the same time.
Step1: shut down the dogs, and look at tomorrows reports
G_Money33

In general the old services are not good.  The brand new services others can also speak to better than I.  We can help you with profitable restaurants and service stations if you'd like.
I might consider services again after I clean up my production and retail sectors
G_Money33

You could also offer to retail for others in the corp if you like retailing.  Some hate it and would partner with a retailer I think.
I would probably burn out quick if I tried that
G_Money33

Maybe if you lay out what rare resources you have, others can direct you in profitable directions based on that.  Is it just the woodlot?
Yes all I have at the moment is 1 tiny woodlot.
I send the wood to a furniture factory most of the time.
I also  have a pulp/paper mill and a print press. that has similar margins.
I cant supply both concurrently, so I switch back and forth based on the color of my mood ring

this is today's production (aka Movement::Industry) report

productquantityqualityglobalprime
Sports tools 559 487 9.97 25.16 $42.74
Steel 487 251 4.80 8.90 $34.30
Milk 399 604 6.83 11.80 $0.62
Meat 339 792 5.71 12.85 $2.82
Eggs 327 826 4.83 11.29 $0.81
Wool 221 620 5.96 21.98 $1.45
Сhemicals 129 920 4.80 7.91 $12.30
Canned products 90 998 6.70 20.44 $28.62
Fabric 77 559 7.02 32.06 $9.08
Toys 60 386 10.81 41.49 $40.61
Plastics 54 085 5.75 12.03 $61.03
Synthetic fabric 44 779 6.24 18.77 $49.99
Tires 36 748 8.96 22.16 $108.60
Bicycle 31 718 6.65 25.95 $109.66
Camera 25 583 11.15 22.41 $82.52
Dyestuff 20 305 3.99 13.92 $65.30
Components 18 369 8.47 23.64 $30.40
Leather 17 402 6.82 25.12 $25.62
Electronic components 17 357 4.43 12.28 $103.81
Rubber 10 673 3.58 7.97 $44.99
Trainer 10 091 6.98 24.84 $309.61
Carbon fiber 9 358 5.46 16.66 $107.15
Glass 8 775 2.06 7.45 $17.62
Video camera 6 342 6.39 20.40 $422.74
Gardening tools 5 328 5.91 17.06 $67.86
GPS-navigators 4 830 6.40 24.00 $79.43
Wood 4 490 11.96 10.04 $8.66
Kettle grill 2 664 7.23 21.69 $256.31
Sanitary equipment 1 847 2.49 7.65 $59.67
Jet Ski 1 241 10.53 35.33 $1 981.68
Machine 1 075 11.83 33.02 $1 243.70
Furniture 203 15.75 23.62 $4 862.18
Computer 72 5.88 24.03 $702.65
Cow 25 1.35 11.67 $609.69
Pigs 20 1.35 12.51 $110.96
Refrigerators 5 2.48 26.68 $1 022.52
Yacht interiors 1 11.30 54.39 $498 085.24
... it will be interesting to see what tomorrow looks like

edit: maybe not tomorrow, I am only 5% into my analysis after a full day.
On the bright side, soccer balls seem to still be a cash cow at approx $1000/worker per day and a 6.79% daily ROA

What other metrics do any of you use?
IMHO Return On Assets is a lousy metric in this game because most veterans are swimming in cash.
I still feel profit/worker is an important metric for factories. Thoughts? 

31.03.2017, 23:31

Dignifried

I had to close the toy factory that my kind uncle gave to me so many years ago; I hope he understands.

It turns out my factory choices weren't nearly as messed up as I believed. The only factories I closed were 2 toy facts and 1 camera fact. I also brought a lot of my techs up to target with many more to upgrade yet.

Since noone replied with a better metric than $/workplace I used that as a rough guide for my buildup. I will post the updated industry report if anyone asks to see it.

Notable changes are:
I shook the cobwebs out of my wallet and splurged on a half price goldmine, plus an oil well and a fishing base.

I could use some advice on:

1.  the best use of  gold, right now I am making gilded computer chips. I was thinking art decor might be best when I get my gold to Q4.

2. the best use of Q6(ish) oil. I am inclined to make fuel for gas stations.

3. my fish options are: fish, sturgeon and crabs
       I like the looks of sturgeon -> caviar.

4. I have already jumped into the service sector (yet again) in a small way. all advice is appreciated on that front.
    ..... such as is city population more important than the citizens wealth and wages  
    ..... should I  build level 1's and grow vs. jump right in to level 5's?
    ..... and so on. I don't even know what the right questions are, lol 

3.04.2017, 18:37

Last time edited : 3.04.2017, 19:01

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Cost to produce data at current market prices ($70M/tower):

Tower QTrafficSpeedWearCost/MB
1354.559.60.96% $1,895
5620170.90% $1,020
101,247340.79% $443
152,509680.64% $178
205,0461370.48% $66
2510,1492750.33% $23
3020,4135530.22% $7
50334,0969,0460.10% $0.21
705,468,000148,0550.04% $0.005
100362,045,9439,802,9640.01% $0.00002

Using the market price of $70M for Q15 towers, the value of other quality towers can be calculated. For example a Q10 tower only produces half as much data as a Q15 tower and wears out more quickly so at half the cost it's a bad deal since you get the same amount of data and you have to repair it more often. To get the cost/MB equivalent to Q15 towers ($178/MB), you'd have to buy the Q10 tower for $28M which means they aren't worth more than that amount (they're worth less since the speed is slower which effects service level).

Tower QMarket Price
1 < $7M
5 < $12M
10 < $28M
15 $70M
20 > $188M
25 > $542M
30 > $1.7B
50 > $58B

7.04.2017, 14:39

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Dignifried
I had to close the toy factory that my kind uncle gave to me so many years ago; I hope he understands.

I roll!

I'll look into gold.

Regarding service sector, let's continue to discuss here.  But issue is vast, so I'd post in main forum as well on service sector and see what you get.

5.07.2017, 20:20

chris.abrams
Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

Where did everybody go???

So here I sat, spent a week ploughing through the thread, sometimes going off to check things that have been said in the game, and finally work my way to the bottom...and then...last post three months ago!

What happened to everybody?! How's it all working out for you all? How are the mutant chickens and bees getting on?

This thread has been the best thread that I think I've ever read about a game. I've either learnt something specifically, or been prompted to go and look something up and find out for myself. I'm not a user manual reader, I plug it in and press a few buttons, and see what happens, or watch someone else do it and have a go myself...and that's why this this was such a great thread. I was completely out of my depth, but loved it.

If there's a better bar that you all hang out in, can someone tell me where it is and what the dress code is so I can get in and try to overhear the gossip?

I'll bring along a bottle of my ropey Q2.3 wine (talking of which, since when is wine distilled??) and a lump of my very own Q5 cheese. 

16.07.2017, 02:34

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

A lot of the discussion moved to the Corp chat. I don't visit this very often. 

2.11.2017, 21:07

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'm back after a little inactivity. Kinda went bankrupt, so time for a fresh start!

If there is someone in need of some additional production/livestock qualification, please shoot, and I can build a bunch of factories for you. (would need some budget though) 

9.11.2017, 06:40

Last time edited : 9.11.2017, 07:00

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

I had 300B, down to 14b on Lien...all my others went BR Not so 

10.11.2017, 00:01

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Virto life isn't easyNot so

I hope you didn't lost too much points worth of enterprises. I had like 40 points worth of mines on Lien and it's all goneI roll!

Luckily you can play quests again after bankruptcy, which is quite easy with higher qualificationsVery we! 

11.11.2017, 00:21

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

Nah, I didn't have many points. The way it seems is we can't get points without buying now Not so 

15.02.2023, 21:44

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Ha ha!  My favorite thread. Ridiculously 

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread