Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

8.06.2016, 16:43

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

gb
Super Chicken experiment

You have made the glossary.  Check it out on page 1. 

11.06.2016, 01:56

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Using the Super Chickens, I am producing Q32 Meat in Gdansk for prime cost of $6. This weekend I will figure out what my maximum output will be with the existing potato crop. 

19.06.2016, 19:06

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

I am curious what you all plan to do with the change coming in Bees. Is the best use of wood to make Wax Foundation? What is the best use of Bees to justify the cost of wood? The honey was great for increasing the Q of jam and beer, but it is not clear to me that it is worth the consumption of wood. The pollination bonus was great for farming, but it is once again not clear that it is worth the consumption of wood.

I am not sure what I am going to do. I may just put all the bees in storage, forget the honey, go back to the lower quality beer and jam and experiment with how few bees are necessary to get the full pollination bonus.

What are your thoughts? 

20.06.2016, 00:22

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In the end this will be more of a question for those outside the corp, as I plan to supply the corp with either the wood or foundation needed.  As much as anyone could need.

As to the question should wood be used for other stuff or used for bee food, I think stuff other than bees made more money in the past.  However, the wood market as crashed to some degree due to sawmill paid resource sales and this supply increase is permeant.  Also, some of the bee benefits including pollination, beer bonus and others are really cool.  So, I think it's a tough decision and I think folks will keep feeding bees at some level.

To reiterate, however, no one in this corp will need to worry about bee food supply.  Consider it unlimited. 

21.06.2016, 02:27

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

I have made Super Chickens available to the corp at factory low prices. You can blend these chickens with lower quality chickens to get the just right Q for your potato crop. The Quality of the Super Chickens varies a bit from 26-27 depending on whether the Governor of Pomerania has funded the Veterinary Service. 

22.06.2016, 22:34

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

A question for Jayman:

I have researched French Fries 5, so it is time for a factory. Would it be better to build the French Fry factory in Semy and pay a significant surcharge for potatoes, or to build the factory in Pomerania, pay no surcharge on the potatoes, but pay a significant surcharge on the French Fry sales to the retail outlets elsewhere? 

29.06.2016, 02:37

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

A Question for Jayman and G_Money:

Do you make your own equipment? Or do you buy equipment in the market. The scaling of quality to Tech means that eventually you have to mine ore to produce high enough quality raw materials to make high quality equipment. I have been trying to make my own equipment, but I am thinking of getting out of mining altogether. I just want to know whether it is practical to buy high quality equipment in the market. 

29.06.2016, 04:06

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gberdine
A question for Jayman:

I have researched French Fries 5, so it is time for a factory. Would it be better to build the French Fry factory in Semy and pay a significant surcharge for potatoes, or to build the factory in Pomerania, pay no surcharge on the potatoes, but pay a significant surcharge on the French Fry sales to the retail outlets elsewhere?

Based on customs, Poland is better. Kazakhstan doesn't have an import tax. Poland has 4% export tax. IP cost for potatoes and french fries is $200 so you will pay $40 to export 5 potatoes (5 x 200 x 4%) to make 1 french fry versus $8 to export french fries (200 x 4%). You save $32 per french fry in Poland but your actual savings will probably be less due to having to pay higher salaries. You can always built 1 small factory in each country to see which is cheaper. 

29.06.2016, 04:24

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gberdine
A Question for Jayman and G_Money:

Do you make your own equipment? Or do you buy equipment in the market. The scaling of quality to Tech means that eventually you have to mine ore to produce high enough quality raw materials to make high quality equipment. I have been trying to make my own equipment, but I am thinking of getting out of mining altogether. I just want to know whether it is practical to buy high quality equipment in the market.

I make my own equipment. I bought tech 22 machine tools and built a bunch of size 1 factories to get the 10% quality bonus. I buy Q10 steel and Q6 electronic components and get Q34.6 machines which is sufficient to run factories up to tech 20.

I found that producing products with much higher quality than local supplier quality doesn't make much of a difference so I don't need to use higher than tech 20 in any of my factories. I did an experiment selling the same product with varying qualities and found that once the quality is more than 20 units higher than local supplier quality, additional quality doesn't make much of a difference. I researched tech 21 for products I produce several months ago and haven't used it because I don't think it's worth the time or cost to upgrade. 

29.06.2016, 04:26

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Anyone else have trouble with the corporate message board? It was blank when I checked. 

30.06.2016, 04:40

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

It was OK for me yesterday, but now there is just a message from Sulaco about electric cars. 

30.06.2016, 23:35

Last time edited : 30.06.2016, 23:43

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

I have some tech 22 machine tool factories I can sell if anyone is interested. I don't have time to manage them so let me know before I bulldoze them. They are size 1 (600 wkr) so you can get 10% quality innovation and I can sell for around 15M each. http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/3172923 ...

I have one tech 20 motorcycle plant for sale. I can lower price to minimum for anyone in the corp who wants to buy it.
http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2597170 ...

I also have a few tech 20 jewelry and lapidary factories I will put on sale soon if anyone wants them. 

2.07.2016, 03:12

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

I just expanded my Plastic Factory. I am producing around 71,000 surplus plastic Q9.23. I will sell to corp members at my cost, but you have to message me to move you up the list ahead of the cleanup warehouse. 

13.07.2016, 12:24

AdRome
Five years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
l:
Roma Honorabilis

+Jayman  I'd be interested in the machine tool factory if that is the one to make equipment for production. The update is happening on Lien so I can't check! 

14.07.2016, 08:25

Last time edited : 14.07.2016, 08:26

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

+AdRome I still have some available. I checked your qualification and you should be able to handle up to tech 15. I put a tech 22 and tech 15 for sale. Let me know if you want more or a different tech installed.

Tech 22 - http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/3185461 ...
Tech 15 - http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/3187778 ...  

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread