Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

10.05.2016, 20:43

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

This escalated quickly..................

If you don't mind, I will share my suggestions:

1) About tenders.
I think that we must distinguish 2 different cases:

The first case is, when a new or inexperienced player requests some advices or resources for tendering. Honestly, I think that in this case, the player who gives advice or provides resources should not expect any compensation for the action. In this case, the aim is to help the smaller players to develop, not to see tenders as an investment

The secondcase is when 2 experienced players get together to win some tenders. In this case the aim of the cooperation is clearly to earn profit, therefor all prizes should be equally divided, or divided in a way they agreed between each other.

2) About contests.
If someone is helping a new player in wining the contest, the new player may give a little part of the prize to the player who helped him. For example, I helped a player with advices and resources during a contest for president, he finished 2nd or 3rd, and he gave me 1 VIRT in exchange. Not to much, but I think it was fair, because my aim was not to earn profit, but to help others.

Also I think that the Corporation should not interviene or regulate tendering and the division of prizes. However what must be done, that new players or the participants of the contest for presidents must be prioritized. So the new player or the participant of the CoP should write a message that he is trying a tender, so noone else should compete with him/her.

In my opinion, apart form helping new players the aim of the Corporation should be to improve each others business opportunities by providing surplus scarce resources on dicounted prices to each other, whcih the producer can not use efficiently. For example, I have a high qulity grain farm, but I am not intrested in producing food or livestock (except bees), so I sell all my quality 10 grain for $ 1 per unit. 
"Building better worlds"

10.05.2016, 21:42

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Sulaco
1) About tenders.
I think that we must distinguish 2 different cases:

The first case is, when a new or inexperienced player requests some advices or resources for tendering. Honestly, I think that in this case, the player who gives advice or provides resources should not expect any compensation for the action. In this case, the aim is to help the smaller players to develop, not to see tenders as an investment

The secondcase is when 2 experienced players get together to win some tenders. In this case the aim of the cooperation is clearly to earn profit, therefor all prizes should be equally divided, or divided in a way they agreed between each other.

I agree although there is a 3rd case where a player wins tenders on his own without any help from the corporation. For example, I set up over 100 labs and factories to research every technology so I could win every science tender which took a very long time and I would not be willing to give all the virts I worked hard to win to a corporation that did not help me win them.

2) About contests.
If someone is helping a new player in wining the contest, the new player may give a little part of the prize to the player who helped him. For example, I helped a player with advices and resources during a contest for president, he finished 2nd or 3rd, and he gave me 1 VIRT in exchange. Not to much, but I think it was fair, because my aim was not to earn profit, but to help others.

I agree it's best if members voluntarily contribute to the corporation that helped them win.

Also I think that the Corporation should not interviene or regulate tendering and the division of prizes.

I agree. One virt can't be split and the person who won the tender should be able to get a reward for their accomplishment.

However what must be done, that new players or the participants of the contest for presidents must be prioritized. So the new player or the participant of the CoP should write a message that he is trying a tender, so noone else should compete with him/her.

I definitely 100% agree priority must be given to the contest for presidents especially tender week where 120 virts can be earned. I think all members of the corporation should be banned from competing in tenders against a corporate member during tender week. 

10.05.2016, 23:11

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

"
I agree although there is a 3rd case where a player wins tenders on his own without any help from the corporation. For example, I set up over 100 labs and factories to research every technology so I could win every science tender which took a very long time and I would not be willing to give all the virts I worked hard to win to a corporation that did not help me win them. "

Of course. I did not mention this scenario, because it seemed so evident for me..........
For example, Gendalf and me were competitors in various tenders, but neither of us asked the other one for the division of tenders or prizes. (btw, Gendalf loves to use the dumping method, which caught me by surprise, because I use the "sell less for higher price" method) 
"Building better worlds"

11.05.2016, 04:19

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

Sulaco
btw, Gendalf loves to use the dumping method, which caught me by surprise
They call it blocking method. If the competitors use the same tactic against each other, the last day results can get real funny.
I offered numerous times in this thread my willingness to help in certain tender types. I'll do it again. I see the "In spite of the competition" tender type is clearly suited for cooperative play, so I can help on that without requesting for sharing the winnings. It's not up to me what you do with the winning.

I also have some ideas for "pseudo-shagreen". The lacking quality of the product from our side can be offset by some smart cooperative moves. I saw Gmoney once tried it. It would yield results if someone else complimented him with that tactic. 

11.05.2016, 08:14

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

The question was NEVER about sharing winnings.

Like Jayman said, I have set up a shit load of labs myself and recently won a science tender which is all me.
The question was |never about sharing the winnings. The whole point of the post was to highlight how ridiculuos it is to operate independently when I can or someone else can look at my stores and my prices/quality/brand and adjust theirs accordingly.

Do you see the paradox now? 

11.05.2016, 08:49

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

This is getting very boring, but I'll answer one last time.

Desolation72724
The question was |never about sharing the winnings.
Desolation72724
It is requested that all the people in the corp who are taking part in tenders co-ordinate their efforts and share the winnings among themselves.
Gmoney
The main thought: all tender virt winnings should be pooled back to the corp.
I must be very bad at english that I see contradiction in here.

Desolation72724
recently won a science tender which is all me.
Desolation72724
The whole point of the post was to highlight how ridiculuos it is to operate independently
I don't see a proper reason to categorize other tender types differently from science tenders. They all can be won without anyone's help. 

11.05.2016, 09:53

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Lol I am not even going to entertain this any further, mate. 

12.05.2016, 16:55

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

OK, back to business.

- gb, sent you PM thoughts on potatoes, bees and steak (trust me, they go together)

- all, make sure to check the corp chat board in the corp page regularly

- taking suggestions for next project

- we have an opening, let me know if you have suggestions for a new member 

13.05.2016, 03:09

Last time edited : 13.05.2016, 03:11

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Any ideas on what to do with all of the Beeswax piling up?

Speaking of Bees, I have supply of Bees Q1.99-2 available to corp at prime cost. 

13.05.2016, 05:19

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

gb
Any ideas on what to do with all of the Beeswax piling up?

No, I have the same issue. 

13.05.2016, 19:00

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

I want to thank everyone who is helping me with my hostile takeover situation in Shikoku. The tax revenue for the region is about 4x normal and my friends from the corp are taking the top spots in influence in Fukuoka.

I am not sure when the results show up in the Governor's Council; it may be after the weekly tally that takes place Tuesday AM. I check the Council each day and it has not changed since 100 showed up with thumbs down. Please check Monday and Tuesday and change your Council vote to thumbs up when you appear in the Council. 

15.05.2016, 00:28

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

A question for Jayman or anyone who has a script that simulates factory input and output:

I have a Tech 18 Mill. With Q1 Grain I get Q6.68 Flour. What Q input do I need for Q8.52 Flour? Is there any formula that I can use? Or does that break some rule? Right now I am making high Q flour with high Q grain and mixing with my Q6.68 flour to make Q8.52, but I think the scaling is such that I can make more of what I need by mixing the input (grain) rather than mixing the output (flour) as I am doing now. 

15.05.2016, 07:34

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

It's against the rules to post formulas. 

15.05.2016, 17:59

houc
Olentzero Weihnachtsmann Mathematic teacher Festive glasses World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Two years with Virtonomics

gb, I have a tech 15 mill that produced Q8.01 flour with Q1.8 grain.  I have a second tech 15 mill producing Q7.99 flour from Q1.89 grain.  Neither has an improved millstone and both are at 100% efficiency, but I don't know what is causing the difference in quality.  My tech 15 mills that are using Q1 grain are producing Q5.81 flour.  This should give you a decent starting point if you decide to mix grain. 

17.05.2016, 01:54

Sulaco
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

Hi guys,

I just wanted to urge you to invest in the "game consoles" industry. I have like 15 factories running, producing around 100,000 game consoles per update, and making more than $ 50,000 profit on each. This is insane.........

By the way, the grocery market is turning into a very lucrative business opportunity.
There is a huge supply of decent priced cigarettes, not to mention the newspapers and the honey. I am making approximatly $ 1 billion from 2 grocery stores...... it is quite decent I would say. 
"Building better worlds"

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread