Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Qualification growth. How it works

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.06.2010, 14:36

Last time edited : 10.12.2015, 00:12

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Common info

If the player qualification is fully utilized, qualification growth will be faster.

That is the ideal growth factor - when the company is working with 100% efficiency and full usage of a top manager capacity. However, there are the following additional factors to effect qualification growth:

management's growth is additionally evaluated by paid taxes of the company

commerce's growth is additionally evaluated by profit (paid taxes) of stores.

production's, mining and animal husbandry growth is evaluated by the quality of produced goods. Ideally, the company must produce high quality goods. At high levels of qualification, output quality should be equal to the average quality of the realm. For lower levels of qualification it can be lower.

Optimal growth of science is evaluated by the amount of technology inventions in the previous 15 turns and the sale of technology (not license) in the previous 15 turns.

agricultural growth has no additional factors;  growth only happens during the harvest season.

marketing's growth is evaluated by volume of advertising. Single volumes of advertising and / or the total amount of advertising must comply with the current level of player.

The ideal load - this is when top1 and top3 are utilized to the maximum.
~~~

What is top1, top2,  top3?

To run a subdivision with full efficiency, a suitable Top Manager qualification (Q) is required. A players qualification grows every day, according to a summary of factors from all subdivisions of the respective Q. One indicator is 100% efficiency at every subdivision, but there are other "invisible" factors which effect Q growth. Those are Top1, top2 and top3.

When the new qualifications system was introduced, those invisible factors Top1-3 were displayed at each subdivision for a while in a special window which looked like this:

Top1 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top2 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top3 - total number of staff for the whole company
~~~

How to achive growth from this table?

It's very simple - you must load your top manager at each unit and throughout the company.
Ie if the load is ideal, then the hiring of another employee, reduced eff. all units of the industry. If we increase the qualifications of personnel that eff. also decreases (only in this unit)
Conventionally, it can be represented as:

Note: You can artificially increase the qualification of staff, to the maximize load of top1

Is there a caveat - top1 and top3 can compensate for each other. For example, in this case, eff. will be 100%, although top1 overloaded (because top3 underloaded):

But, growth may will not be perfect (due to lack of load on top3)

Note: Overloading of top-manager are not recommended - reduce growth due to low eff. will be stronger than in case of low load.
Note: Easy way to maximize load on top1 - set the total number of staff to the values from this table, and then at each enterprise increases the qualification until total efficiency  starts falling
~~~

Bonuses from awards have influence to the growth?

Yes and noWell
For growth takes value of native top, but if the load exceeds its capacity, the bonuses help to avoid reducing the efficiency, and consequently - reducing the growth will not:

~~~

Which is better - a large subdivision, or lots of little ones?

For growth of top manager - no difference.

Example:
Qualifications of a top manager in the production = 7.

Situation 1: two units at 3500 workplaces (personnel qualification - 2)
Situation 2: 10 units at 700 workplaces (personnel qualification - 6,78)

In both cases, the load on top1 (for each unit) and top3 (the entire company) is the same.

In the former case, less salary costs and stress of the office. In the second case - have the opportunity to put more high tech, but the load on the office are much higher.
~~~

How additional factors affect the growth?

Only downward. Ie if your top1 and top3 not loaded, then additional factors will not be able to compensate for the low load.

Approximate calculation of growth is as follows:
1. Determine the base growth  (depending on workload top1 and top3)
2. If eff. unit is less 100%, then the base is reduced.
3. Multiplied by a coefficient of additional factors (eg, for managment and commerce can be reduced to 10 times) In best case coefficient = 1 (not reduces)
~~~

How do I know how perfect growing my skills?

Install this script (originally by test01; adapted for Chrome by Ixnad)
How to install user script
~~~

Special thanks to Mike1Well

Message list:  

2.08.2011, 10:18

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

tscharf
Hello, is there any direct relationship between management qualification and number of workers in controlled subdivisions?

Direct - no. Indirect - yes (via the # of employees in office).

tscharf
Is the "100 workers in controlled subdivisions per level of management skill" rule wrong?

There is no such rule.

tscharf
1. The number (and size) of subdivisions impact on the number of required office workers.

Yes.

tscharf
2. The number (and maybe qualification?) of workers in controlled subdivisions impact on the level of administrative load.

Yes. Both number and qualification.

tscharf
3. The number and size of advertisements impact on the level of administrative load.

Only the total advertising budget in the region impacts on the level of administrative load regardless the number of advertisements. 

1.10.2011, 11:02.     Subject: What am I doing worng ?

illuvatarm
Four years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
illuv inc.

I checked the tables and have my total number of workers for the production in my whole company a bit less than the max number for my qualification. Then in all my production subs I increased the qualification to get nearer the values in the tables. But instead of increasing my qualification growth it's going down dramatically I went from +3.8% to +1.2%  over an update.

What did I not understand/doing wrong ? 

14.10.2011, 15:14

Last time edited : 14.10.2011, 16:53

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

illuvatarm
I checked the tables and have my total number of workers for the production in my whole company a bit less than the max number for my qualification. Then in all my production subs I increased the qualification to get nearer the values in the tables. But instead of increasing my qualification growth it's going down dramatically I went from +3.8% to +1.2%  over an update.

What did I not understand/doing wrong ?

Probably that was a problem with the quality of goods you produce. It should be higher than the average within the realm to maintain the high top growth. Note, that this rule influences the top growth starting from the Q25 approximately. 

18.10.2011, 05:33

Saeidi
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Excuse me, but I can't see the tables in the forum, in particular in this thread. Could someone help me? 

18.10.2011, 08:48

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Saeidi
Excuse me, but I can't see the tables in the forum, in particular in this thread. Could someone help me?

A lot of tables are on the first page of this topic (press "+" to open them).
Top growth table is here

19.10.2011, 22:16

Last time edited : 19.10.2011, 22:21

Saeidi
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Dear VLLord,

I was wondering if you still kept playing this amusing game! I have read a lot of helpful, and also, comprehensive notes from you here in the forums Well. Thanks a lot Well

About my quastion, I'd better tell you that I know how to open the table (by clicking on the "+"). Rather the problem is when I click on the plus, a space is created to show the table, but all the time it has a white paper with a red cross on it on the top most left of the space, which I guess that it means system is unable to preview the picture. It doesn't work even when I right click on it and choose "show the picture" Not so

Fortunately, I downloaded some of the pictures of the tables from another photo sharing website which was mentioned somewhere in the forums. On the other hand, I am under the impression that there should be some old and some new tables regarding Top1 and Top3 measures. Now, I just want to confirm whether I have the new ones or not.

19.10.2011, 23:05

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Saeidi
I was wondering if you still kept playing this amusing game!

As you seeWell

Saeidi
I guess that it means system is unable to preview the picture.

1. Try to clear the cash first: press Ctrl + F5.
2. If it doesn't help try to view these tables through another browser.

Saeidi
On the other hand, I am under the impression that there should be some old and some new tables regarding Top1 and Top3 measures.

These are not old and new tables, they are simply different. Ones are created by noglues and others by me. That's why you can observe a slight difference in data. 

25.10.2011, 22:32.     Subject: Is a custom a 'tax'?

BeauLaid
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

This has been debated for centuries in RL. What is the Virto verdict?

(specifically, how does it affect things like 'management' growth and the like?) 

25.10.2011, 23:27

Last time edited : 25.10.2011, 23:28

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

BeauLaid
This has been debated for centuries in RL. What is the Virto verdict?

(specifically, how does it affect things like 'management' growth and the like?)

Customs duty is a tax. See Investopedia.
The additional parameter of qualification growth in management is the amount of taxes paid (including customs). 

26.10.2011, 14:59

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

does it hurt qualification growth if you have subdivisions that are sent on holiday? They have efficiency 0%... 

26.10.2011, 15:14

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

no, it doesn't hurt eff growth 

27.10.2011, 06:38.     Subject: factories effiency droping

MKurniawan
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I need HelpTears

it says
"In order to improve factory efficiency you must raise top-manager’s qualification in Production.
You also can try to dismiss some of your employees and/or reduce their salary.
Top-manager’s qualification in Production may itself increase, in case if factories work stable and profitable."

my qualification on management is 11 and total my worker on all factories is 12330 wich is bellow from the max numbers of worker that i can manage with my management qualification. And all my office still have 100% efficiency.

My qualification on production is 8 ( 7 and +1 bonus from quest). My 2 biggest factories employs 2500 workers and have tech lvl 5. so i set it 3.63 for workers qualification. so far i know i can manage 2500 workers on 1 factory with my qualification on production right? but today all my factories drop on efficiency (86.20%) and my 2 biggest factory that employs 2500 workers to 73.70%.

did i miss something here?
i put my workers from 3 factory on holiday (dockyard, weaving and cotton cleaning) so this 3 are not give effect on this drop right?

PS: beside the factory i got  mill (30 workers) and animal farm (70 workers) 

27.10.2011, 09:23

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

MKurniawan
my qualification on management is 11 and total my worker on all factories is 12330 wich is bellow from the max numbers of worker that i can manage with my management qualification. And all my office still have 100% efficiency.

It is surprised And is there any significant relationship* between management qualification and # of employees on all factories?

Your qualification in production is 7+1 -> max top3 = 8879. At the same time total # on your factories is 12330 -> fire employees/send them on vacation.

* it really exists, but it isn't significant. 

27.10.2011, 10:12

Last time edited : 27.10.2011, 10:13

MKurniawan
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Pancakei read the table on the wrong way then...

i thou we just use management qualification for Top3 table and use production, animall and other qualification for Top1 table. Before this i use management qualification to read table Top3 so i found 15432 for # workers all factories Oops!

Thanks VLLord ill send some workers to the forest thenVery we! 

27.10.2011, 12:28

JakeFisher
Four years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Fisher LTD

Is there any Excel table or calculator which will help me to setup my shops with TOP3 and TOP1 requirements.
For example I enter that my qualification in commerce 5 and I have 1 shop with 140 workers 2.1 qualif. something will show me how much workers and on which wualification I can hire.

Perhaps there is some formula. Or something like that. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Qualification growth. How it works