Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Qualification growth. How it works

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.06.2010, 14:36

Last time edited : 10.12.2015, 00:12

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Common info

If the player qualification is fully utilized, qualification growth will be faster.

That is the ideal growth factor - when the company is working with 100% efficiency and full usage of a top manager capacity. However, there are the following additional factors to effect qualification growth:

management's growth is additionally evaluated by paid taxes of the company

commerce's growth is additionally evaluated by profit (paid taxes) of stores.

production's, mining and animal husbandry growth is evaluated by the quality of produced goods. Ideally, the company must produce high quality goods. At high levels of qualification, output quality should be equal to the average quality of the realm. For lower levels of qualification it can be lower.

Optimal growth of science is evaluated by the amount of technology inventions in the previous 15 turns and the sale of technology (not license) in the previous 15 turns.

agricultural growth has no additional factors;  growth only happens during the harvest season.

marketing's growth is evaluated by volume of advertising. Single volumes of advertising and / or the total amount of advertising must comply with the current level of player.

The ideal load - this is when top1 and top3 are utilized to the maximum.
~~~

What is top1, top2,  top3?

To run a subdivision with full efficiency, a suitable Top Manager qualification (Q) is required. A players qualification grows every day, according to a summary of factors from all subdivisions of the respective Q. One indicator is 100% efficiency at every subdivision, but there are other "invisible" factors which effect Q growth. Those are Top1, top2 and top3.

When the new qualifications system was introduced, those invisible factors Top1-3 were displayed at each subdivision for a while in a special window which looked like this:

Top1 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top2 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top3 - total number of staff for the whole company
~~~

How to achive growth from this table?

It's very simple - you must load your top manager at each unit and throughout the company.
Ie if the load is ideal, then the hiring of another employee, reduced eff. all units of the industry. If we increase the qualifications of personnel that eff. also decreases (only in this unit)
Conventionally, it can be represented as:

Note: You can artificially increase the qualification of staff, to the maximize load of top1

Is there a caveat - top1 and top3 can compensate for each other. For example, in this case, eff. will be 100%, although top1 overloaded (because top3 underloaded):

But, growth may will not be perfect (due to lack of load on top3)

Note: Overloading of top-manager are not recommended - reduce growth due to low eff. will be stronger than in case of low load.
Note: Easy way to maximize load on top1 - set the total number of staff to the values from this table, and then at each enterprise increases the qualification until total efficiency  starts falling
~~~

Bonuses from awards have influence to the growth?

Yes and noWell
For growth takes value of native top, but if the load exceeds its capacity, the bonuses help to avoid reducing the efficiency, and consequently - reducing the growth will not:

~~~

Which is better - a large subdivision, or lots of little ones?

For growth of top manager - no difference.

Example:
Qualifications of a top manager in the production = 7.

Situation 1: two units at 3500 workplaces (personnel qualification - 2)
Situation 2: 10 units at 700 workplaces (personnel qualification - 6,78)

In both cases, the load on top1 (for each unit) and top3 (the entire company) is the same.

In the former case, less salary costs and stress of the office. In the second case - have the opportunity to put more high tech, but the load on the office are much higher.
~~~

How additional factors affect the growth?

Only downward. Ie if your top1 and top3 not loaded, then additional factors will not be able to compensate for the low load.

Approximate calculation of growth is as follows:
1. Determine the base growth  (depending on workload top1 and top3)
2. If eff. unit is less 100%, then the base is reduced.
3. Multiplied by a coefficient of additional factors (eg, for managment and commerce can be reduced to 10 times) In best case coefficient = 1 (not reduces)
~~~

How do I know how perfect growing my skills?

Install this script (originally by test01; adapted for Chrome by Ixnad)
How to install user script
~~~

Special thanks to Mike1Well

Message list:  

19.01.2011, 21:48

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Quaestor
But what are top1 & top3 for marketing? Are they evaluated based on offices (offices workers amount & qual.), or offices+stores, or what else?
Or, maybe the volume of advertising (total? / by subdivisions?) is basic, not additional factor?

top1 and top3 notions aren't used for marketing. Volume of advertising is the only one parameter that influeses growth.

noglues
marketing's growth is evaluated by volume of advertising. Single volumes of advertising and / or the total amount of advertising must comply with the current level of player.

19.01.2011, 22:12

Quaestor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Okay, thanks for the reply.

If so, is there some info, which advertising volume (total / per 1 product in 1 office) is required for maximum skill growth in a given skill level? This volume is likely far less than maximum allowed expenses from the table in the nearby topic.

Besides, are the limits of the marketing skill growth the same as for the other skills?

days  current top qualification top growth
1        1 1,000
2-3        2 0,674
4-5        3 0,535
6-8        4 0,454
9-11        5 0,400
12-14 6 0,360
15-18 7 0,330
19-22 8 0,306
23-26 9 0,286

19.01.2011, 22:44

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Quaestor

If so, is there some info, which advertising volume (total / per 1 product in 1 office) is required for maximum skill growth in a given skill level? This volume is likely far less than maximum allowed expenses from the table in the nearby topic.

Maybe noglues knows this. Usually your advertising expenses are  much bigger, than required for ideal growth.

Limits are the same. 

19.01.2011, 23:59

Quaestor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Oh, I see, thanks again. 

31.03.2011, 17:43.     Subject: Office efficiency and adm. load Again! and some more

Parham
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics

Hi every one!

I have started this game around 2 weeks ago and it seems really interesting to me. I have almost read all of forum and have learned a lot. Although there are so many links regarding the topic of this post but there are some issues that I have not understand completely.

1- my office requires more workers (now it is 14) but despite of having 100% efficiency for the next week, Adm. load is very low. I am afraid that less Adm. load means not using available capacity so less improvement in qualifications. It must be like this that if I reduce the number of workers, working load will increase. Am I right? Will it work if I reduce the number of workers while increasing their quality and the quality of the computers? If yes, how can I calculate it?

2- I have not understand top1 to 3. I could find some one line explanations regarding them but I didn't understand them. Sorry to ask, but is there any one having enough time to explain them once more? I think understanding them might reduce my problem in question 1.

3- I received some charts regarding the qualifications and number of employees for each. they seem a little confusing to me. I have received 11 files, but I don't know where each of them can be applied. well, mostly about first four files that do not have a topic and seem to be general (may be applied for management qualification). What is the difference between these four and the others. lets make an example:
in file 1: it says for quality 2 you can have 1014 for factories 101 for stores 40 for labs and etc.
So here are the questions: which quality we are talking about? management? What is the assumed quality (1?) and how will it affect the number of workers by changing? Does it mean that we can have 1014 worker for factories and simultaneously, having 101 for stores or if we have 1014 for factories there will be nothing left to have at stores?
IF it is so, I think I have a lot of capacity unused, and as it has been described so many times, my qualifications are not improving with full speed. true? then what can I do to improve it?

And two other questions:

4- Although I had 100% ad eff. but after some days it seemed that I am getting opposite result from ad and number of visitors are decreasing. Is it possible?? If yes, for how long you have to stop it?

5- It has been a while that the number of my stores visitors are stick to around 300. how can I increase them ? ( I can't ad) I thought that expanding trade hall can help but I believe that I am not using the current capacity (500m2) completely and expanding trade hall can be a waste, especially with having little number of workers working at stores comparing to available work space. please advice.

Thank you for your time and patience to read my post. 

31.03.2011, 18:10

Last time edited : 31.03.2011, 18:17

Mike1
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Parham
Hi every one!

I have started this game around 2 weeks ago and it seems really interesting to me. I have almost read all of forum and have learned a lot. Although there are so many links regarding the topic of this post but there are some issues that I have not understand completely..

Hi, and welcome to the game :-)

Parham

1- my office requires more workers (now it is 14) but despite of having 100% efficiency for the next week, Adm. load is very low. I am afraid that less Adm. load means not using available capacity so less improvement in qualifications. It must be like this that if I reduce the number of workers, working load will increase. Am I right? Will it work if I reduce the number of workers while increasing their quality and the quality of the computers? If yes, how can I calculate it?

low admin load does not effect qualification growth. It will increase when advertising is made and qualification of the workers in the subdivisions increase. Increased office worker Q and computer Q will decrease admin load.

Parham

2- I have not understand top1 to 3. I could find some one line explanations regarding them but I didn't understand them. Sorry to ask, but is there any one having enough time to explain them once more? I think understanding them might reduce my problem in question 1.

To receive this explanation again and again you should  re-read the above, and the following article again and again:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100146/view ...

Parham

3- I received some charts regarding the qualifications and number of employees for each. they seem a little confusing to me. I have received 11 files, but I don't know where each of them can be applied. well, mostly about first four files that do not have a topic and seem to be general (may be applied for management qualification). What is the difference between these four and the others. lets make an example:
in file 1: it says for quality 2 you can have 1014 for factories 101 for stores 40 for labs and etc.
So here are the questions: which quality we are talking about? management? What is the assumed quality (1?) and how will it affect the number of workers by changing? Does it mean that we can have 1014 worker for factories and simultaneously, having 101 for stores or if we have 1014 for factories there will be nothing left to have at stores?
IF it is so, I think I have a lot of capacity unused, and as VLLORD have described so many times, my qualifications are not improving with full speed. true? then what can I do to improve it?

each qualification, not quality!! aka "Top manager qualification Level"  -  Top in short  - is separate. You need Production Level 2 for 1014 factory workers and you can't hire any store workers with that, you need Commerce Level 2 to hire 101 store workers.
First 4 files show top 3 values, the other files Top1. To improve the qualification growth you need to maximize your subdivisions according to these tables.
Parham

4- Although I had 100% ad eff. but after some days it seemed that I am getting opposite result from ad and number of visitors are decreasing. Is it possible?? If yes, for how long you have to stop it?
please what is the question?

Parham

5- It has been a while that the number of my stores visitors are stick to around 300. how can I increase them ? ( I can't ad) I thought that expanding trade hall can help but I believe that I am not using the current capacity (500m2) completely and expanding trade hall can be a waste, especially with having little number of workers working at stores comparing to available work space. please advice.
each store size has a certain range quantity of visitors. you do not fully utilize capacity without advertising and using innovations. Let your qualification grow then you can make (more) advertising. at early stage its easier to have a larger quantity of smaller stores instead of small qty of large ones. 

31.03.2011, 18:27

Parham
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics

Mike1

each store sizes has a certain range quantity of visitors. Sure you do not fully utilize capacity without advertising. Let your qualification grow then you can make (more) advertising. at early stage its preferable to have a lager quantity of smaller stores instead of small qty of large ones.

Thank you Mike for your prompt answer.
How is it possible to find out the maximum staff number of each store size? 

31.03.2011, 18:47

Mike1
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

double-click into the "number of employees" field where you hire them 

12.04.2011, 17:43

DonShomi
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Two years with Virtonomics
m:
Serbia Industries

Where can i see total number of workers sorted by subdivision types? Been looking but coudt find, and its getting harder to dermine how many workers i can have depending on qualification... 

12.04.2011, 19:35

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

well that thread was deleted accidentaly and we are waiting if admins will be able to undelete that stuff. 

12.04.2011, 21:31

Last time edited : 12.04.2011, 21:31

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

DonShomi
Where can i see total number of workers sorted by subdivision types? Been looking but coudt find, and its getting harder to dermine how many workers i can have depending on qualification...

Here is the general table from wiki: Qualification Requirements
Here is the production index by technology level from VLLord....he should repost all of the tables relevant to this topic.

12.04.2011, 22:05

Last time edited : 12.04.2011, 22:06

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

Stores

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758755615956514 ...

Agri farms

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758756523109026 ...

Factories

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758763153750882 ...

Labs

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758765304060258 ...

Mines

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758763726859346 ...

Animal farms

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758761828929842 ...

Overall number of employees

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758770419492322 ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758773046695458 ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758779728295298 ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758777341098754 ...

Offices

https://picasaweb.google.com/turk.bostjan1/KrTko02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqH8-He_vODjgE#5594758779216948610 ...  

12.04.2011, 22:14

DonShomi
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
m:
Serbia Industries

Kh0i
DonShomi

Here is the general table from wiki: Qualification Requirements
Here is the production index by technology level from VLLord....he should repost all of the tables relevant to this topic.

Thank you, but i know for that table, i was wondering about total number of workers in my factories Well 

12.04.2011, 22:17

just posted link to pictures...i hope they work...or you can PM me your email and I'll send them to you in JPG. 

12.04.2011, 22:19

DonShomi
m:
Serbia Industries

They are working, thank you Well 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Qualification growth. How it works