Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Qualification growth. How it works

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.06.2010, 14:36

Last time edited : 10.12.2015, 00:12

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Common info

If the player qualification is fully utilized, qualification growth will be faster.

That is the ideal growth factor - when the company is working with 100% efficiency and full usage of a top manager capacity. However, there are the following additional factors to effect qualification growth:

management's growth is additionally evaluated by paid taxes of the company

commerce's growth is additionally evaluated by profit (paid taxes) of stores.

production's, mining and animal husbandry growth is evaluated by the quality of produced goods. Ideally, the company must produce high quality goods. At high levels of qualification, output quality should be equal to the average quality of the realm. For lower levels of qualification it can be lower.

Optimal growth of science is evaluated by the amount of technology inventions in the previous 15 turns and the sale of technology (not license) in the previous 15 turns.

agricultural growth has no additional factors;  growth only happens during the harvest season.

marketing's growth is evaluated by volume of advertising. Single volumes of advertising and / or the total amount of advertising must comply with the current level of player.

The ideal load - this is when top1 and top3 are utilized to the maximum.
~~~

What is top1, top2,  top3?

To run a subdivision with full efficiency, a suitable Top Manager qualification (Q) is required. A players qualification grows every day, according to a summary of factors from all subdivisions of the respective Q. One indicator is 100% efficiency at every subdivision, but there are other "invisible" factors which effect Q growth. Those are Top1, top2 and top3.

When the new qualifications system was introduced, those invisible factors Top1-3 were displayed at each subdivision for a while in a special window which looked like this:

Top1 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top2 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top3 - total number of staff for the whole company
~~~

How to achive growth from this table?

It's very simple - you must load your top manager at each unit and throughout the company.
Ie if the load is ideal, then the hiring of another employee, reduced eff. all units of the industry. If we increase the qualifications of personnel that eff. also decreases (only in this unit)
Conventionally, it can be represented as:

Note: You can artificially increase the qualification of staff, to the maximize load of top1

Is there a caveat - top1 and top3 can compensate for each other. For example, in this case, eff. will be 100%, although top1 overloaded (because top3 underloaded):

But, growth may will not be perfect (due to lack of load on top3)

Note: Overloading of top-manager are not recommended - reduce growth due to low eff. will be stronger than in case of low load.
Note: Easy way to maximize load on top1 - set the total number of staff to the values from this table, and then at each enterprise increases the qualification until total efficiency  starts falling
~~~

Bonuses from awards have influence to the growth?

Yes and noWell
For growth takes value of native top, but if the load exceeds its capacity, the bonuses help to avoid reducing the efficiency, and consequently - reducing the growth will not:

~~~

Which is better - a large subdivision, or lots of little ones?

For growth of top manager - no difference.

Example:
Qualifications of a top manager in the production = 7.

Situation 1: two units at 3500 workplaces (personnel qualification - 2)
Situation 2: 10 units at 700 workplaces (personnel qualification - 6,78)

In both cases, the load on top1 (for each unit) and top3 (the entire company) is the same.

In the former case, less salary costs and stress of the office. In the second case - have the opportunity to put more high tech, but the load on the office are much higher.
~~~

How additional factors affect the growth?

Only downward. Ie if your top1 and top3 not loaded, then additional factors will not be able to compensate for the low load.

Approximate calculation of growth is as follows:
1. Determine the base growth  (depending on workload top1 and top3)
2. If eff. unit is less 100%, then the base is reduced.
3. Multiplied by a coefficient of additional factors (eg, for managment and commerce can be reduced to 10 times) In best case coefficient = 1 (not reduces)
~~~

How do I know how perfect growing my skills?

Install this script (originally by test01; adapted for Chrome by Ixnad)
How to install user script
~~~

Special thanks to Mike1Well

Message list:  

4.12.2011, 12:26

Last time edited : 4.12.2011, 16:47

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

You need Q24 in commerce to manage this store or Q17 if you lower employees qualification to the required one. When Norway was introduced the requirements to employees qualification were defined higher than for other countries. 

5.12.2011, 15:19

e9reen
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

VLLord
You need Q24 in commerce to manage this store or Q17 if you lower employees qualification to the required one. When Norway was introduced the requirements to employees qualification were defined higher than for other countries.

where can I see these qual reqirements before I open an office in a city. plus should I close this office now or keep it running on 50% eff. I am still making some profit here though.
thanx 

5.12.2011, 16:02

e9reen
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

One more question. with commerce Qual 12 I can have total # of employees 1801 in my stores. at required qual 1.3 I can have 1000 in a store I guess. then why in the store below it tells me my top manager eff is not enough? plus how can I make this store service elite? I am already paying my employees max available pay.
thanx

City district City centre
Store location     Nigeria/Ibadan
Trade area 100 000 m2
Rent expenses 69 831.01$ per week
Number of departments 6
Number of employees 320 (required ~ 409)
Salary of one employee 3 000.00$ per week (city average 46.55$)
Salary expenses 960 000.00$ per week
Qualification of employees 8.28 (city average 1.00, required 1.30)
Staff efficiency
96.40 % (at the moment of update)
Store reputation 323.89
Advertising expenses 102 000.00$ per week
Advertising efficiency
100.00 %
Number of visitors 80 913 per week
Visitors wealth index 140
High
Sometimes store assistants don’t have enough time to serve all customers.
Try to hire more employees.
Office efficiency
100.00 % (at the moment of update)

Qualification of player 12
Total number of employees
on profile qualification
Top manager efficiency
74.80 % (at the moment of update)
Work efficiency
72.10 % (at the moment of update)
Efficiency of your store is medium
In order to improve store efficiency you must raise top-manager’s qualification in field of Commerce.
Perhaps, your store has too many employees.
Top-manager’s qualification in field of Commerce may itself increase, in case if stores are stable and profitable. 

5.12.2011, 18:24

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

e9reen
One more question. with commerce Qual 12 I can have total # of employees 1801 in my stores. at required qual 1.3 I can have 1000 in a store I guess. then why in the store below it tells me my top manager eff is not enough? plus how can I make this store service elite? I am already paying my employees max available pay.
thanx

City district City centre
Store location     Nigeria/Ibadan
Trade area 100 000 m2
Rent expenses 69 831.01$ per week
Number of departments 6
Number of employees 320 (required ~ 409)

Salary of one employee 3 000.00$ per week (city average 46.55$)
Salary expenses 960 000.00$ per week
Qualification of employees 8.28 (city average 1.00, required 1.30)
Staff efficiency
96.40 % (at the moment of update)
Store reputation 323.89
Advertising expenses 102 000.00$ per week
Advertising efficiency
100.00 %
Number of visitors 80 913 per week
Visitors wealth index 140
High
Sometimes store assistants don’t have enough time to serve all customers.
Try to hire more employees.
Office efficiency
100.00 % (at the moment of update)

Qualification of player 12
Total number of employees
on profile qualification
Top manager efficiency
74.80 % (at the moment of update)
Work efficiency
72.10 % (at the moment of update)
Efficiency of your store is medium
In order to improve store efficiency you must raise top-manager’s qualification in field of Commerce.
Perhaps, your store has too many employees.
Top-manager’s qualification in field of Commerce may itself increase, in case if stores are stable and profitable.

5.12.2011, 21:38

e9reen

I see that, actually I wanted the service level high, when I place the required number of employees I need to lower qualification of employees to be able to fit in the numbers and that reduces the service level to very low. any way, ı guess I need to wait untill the qualifications get higher 

18.02.2012, 00:56

Last time edited : 18.02.2012, 00:57

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

can someone please explain me how come my eff isn't 100%?

http://imm.io/gKkQ (you have to copy-paste it...don't know why isn't working if you just click on it)

I looked in all possible tables about qualifications but in everyone my qualifications should be high enough to achieve 100% efficiency. Or maybe I'm wrong? 

18.02.2012, 01:19

Last time edited : 18.02.2012, 01:19

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

turkbostjan
can someone please explain me how come my eff isn't 100%?

http://imm.io/gKkQ (you have to copy-paste it...don't know why isn't working if you just click on it)

I looked in all possible tables about qualifications but in everyone my qualifications should be high enough to achieve 100% efficiency. Or maybe I'm wrong?

1. You missed the very first table here.

2. Use [ a href="link"]any word/link again[ /a] to paste links (without spaces before "a"). 

25.03.2012, 16:50

jinca2
Two years with Virtonomics

Where can I find the average quality for realm of a product (that I have to exceed for the optimal growth)? On the page like http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/globalreport/marketing/by_trade_at_cities ... , I see quality in local suppliers and in the stores - is it one of them? 

25.03.2012, 19:26

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

You were close to find it. Well
Game world => Reports => Production 

16.05.2012, 16:47

Titian

has anyone got any tables on service sector and medicine qualifications? 

11.09.2012, 06:45

Seawerst
Merit for the Italy of level III Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Nine years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
m:
Infotech2003

For top 1
Service sector = Offices * 1.5
Medecine = Fish-base 

15.09.2012, 11:35.     Subject: Q10 in Management with Super Manager

Last time edited : 15.09.2012, 13:10

Andromane
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

noglues5
Q10 in management for 26 days (to win points in CM):

dayscurrent top
qualification
top growthdescription
111,0004 offices (2 workers with qualification 1.00)
2-320,6742 offices (8 w./ q. 1.00) + 1 office (4 w./ q. 3.06)
4-530,5352 offices (18 w./ q. 1.00)
6-840,4542 offices (28 w./q. 1.40)
9-1150,4002 offices (40 w./q. 1.66)
12-1460,3602 offices (54 w./q. 1.85)
15-1870,3302 offices (70 w./q. 2.00)
19-2280,3062 offices (88 w./q. 2.11)
23-2690,2862 offices (108 w./q. 2.21)

Don't forget to pay enough taxes
management's growth is additionally evaluated by paid taxes of the company
Well

Hello all,
     I understand how to reach the 10th qualification in management according to the above mentioned table in normal condition. However is it same if I win a super manager (in quests) which gives you additional 2 qualification points during 10 days? Or should I jump over two steps in the table?
     I want to say that at the moment my base qualification in management is 2 (totally Q4 considering super manager) and I have 2 offices (8 w./ q. 1.00) + 1 office (4 w./ q. 3.06) as mentioned in the table. However my two offices with 8 workers indicate "Good safety factor" and "Excellent safety factor" therefore as I understand they are not utilized fully. So should I jump to 2 offices (28 w./q. 1.40) as if I had Q4 in management?

Thank you in advance Well 

17.09.2012, 06:33

Last time edited : 17.09.2012, 06:45

Mike1
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

1. the above table is partly incorrect because there was a penalty introduced on the growth factor after it was created
2. The growth rate is according to your qualification (and efficiency of course) before the bonus. Super Manager allows you to temporarily hire more workers but you have to set back the Top1 and Top3 after 14 days.
3. The table above is flexible, instead of putting all workers into 1 or 2 offices you can put them into several smaller offices with higher qualification and higher quality equipment. Even you have a larger office there is some max. amount of workers you can hire in each subdivision. Example: you can't have a chicken farm of 1000 workers, you may use 10 farms of 100 workers.  But if you put these into the same country the admin load may not be sufficient. So what i recommend is to spread to more countries, it also comes in handy when you participate in contests.
Finally, i'd like you to focus on the qualification growth penalty, you want to win the 10 VIRT contest so you can "unlock" that growth penalty. 

17.09.2012, 23:55

Andromane
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thanks for information, but what does that qualification growth penalty mean? How are you penalized? Well 

18.09.2012, 09:16

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

For every level you go up, your growth is slowed downby an extra penalty. This penalty is lifted when you spend points on raising qualification. Example: at a given point you have a penalty that slows your growth by an additional 20%. Then you decide to raise your qualification by spending game points. The penalty then is lifted. Your growth pace will increase by 25%. More precise numbers are available somewhere on the forum. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Qualification growth. How it works