Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

24.06.2015, 19:32

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

G, This is too much of a compliment for me and certainly I don't deserve it.

Real Name: Sassan (pronounced the way you read the English words: saw-sun)
Nationality: Iran
Where live now: Shiraz (more often)
Languages: Persian (obviously), English (regular globish), fan of French (never made real progress in that language like another 6.7 billions who live on earth)
Main career/education track: Control Engineering/Electronics
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: Trying new ideas with an undecided company, getting involved in team activities, discussions.
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: Aluminium (if I must)
Favorite thing to do in-game: Learning, Avoiding conflicts with big companies, Tenders
Is what is your personal goal (asset rank, political power, help others, dominate an industry, tender king, etc): just vitodollarov
Are you interested in learning technical tender knowledge: yes
Are you willing to share resources within the corp: yes, though the exchange rates must be discussed. Fixed or floating rates is not an issue, I prefer just to know the method that will be used.
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in this game: Mort100 is a natural leader and politician as well as being one calculating brain.
Something interesting about yourself: No matter where I go, all eyes are on me! (not because I'm a cute person, just because I'm sort of strange with a mustache of considerable length) 

24.06.2015, 22:06

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Nationality: US
Where live now: Lubbock, Texas
Languages: Native English, some French
Main career/education track: Physician
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: Learning new tricks. Accomplishing something that only a group can accomplish.
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: Coffee/Restaurants
Favorite thing to do in-game: I would like to become mayor somewhere and boost education while lowering wages.
Is what is your personal goal Trying new things.
Are you interested in learning technical tender knowledge: Yes
Are you willing to share resources within the corp: Yes, as long as things are reciprocal.
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in this game: I don't really know many players. Our own Bjorn was so good at Amateur League tenders that I basically stopped doing them.  
Something interesting about yourself: I am older than most. Strong interest in math. 

24.06.2015, 23:38

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

Nationality: Hungarian (magyar)
Where live now: Budapest
Languages: Hungarian (mother tongue), English, German and a very little French
Main career/education track: international Economics and Business (university student)
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: having Fun, sharing information and resources.
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: Car manufacturing
Favorite thing to do in-game: Finding niche markets
Is what is your personal goal (asset rank, political power, help others, dominate an industry, tender king, etc):
Building a sustainable and strong company based on heavy industry (car manufacturing) and jewelry production.
Long term goal: developing Indonesia (poorest country in the realm).
Are you interested in learning technical tender knowledge: yes
Are you willing to share resources within the corp: yes. wheat, bauxit and gold.
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in this game: I don't know, I have been around only for half a year, so..........
Something interesting about yourself:
I have never been really drunk. Favorite movies: Aliens, Pirates of the Carribean, Margin Call. 

24.06.2015, 23:48

BlackTree
Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
BlackTree

Nationality: Italy
Where live now: Bologna
Languages: obviously Italian, bad English and Spanish
Main career/education track: i am a student-worker
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: find friendly people with whom to collaborate
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: electric drive and power tools
Favorite thing to do in-game: seek ignored niches of market
Is what is your personal goal (asset rank, political power, help others, dominate an industry, tender king, etc): be among the top companies in terms of production values,in the industrial sectors of my interest. And why not, help others and venture into the politics.
Are you interested in learning technical tender knowledge: not particularly
Are you willing to share resources within the corp: yes, although at the moment I do not think to have much of interest to offer
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in this game: Honestly so far I have not had contact with other players and I have observed only superficially the actions of some players.
Something interesting about yourself: I'm interested in history, literature and strategy 

25.06.2015, 10:37

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

gberdine
When I think in terms of projects, I am thinking division of labor. So, maybe some big ticket items that require a lot of factories. Sports Cars come to mind. Aircraft would be another, but I have heard that the market for Aircraft is broken. Has anyone tried Government Procurement for Aircraft? Yachts might be another example. My thought would be each member specializes in 1 aspect of the production, and/or one member specializes in branding and retail.

The yacht thing is something I would like to think of. It makes sense, each member specializing in one type of raw material.

Real Name: Junaid (Bjorn is a nickname given to me after my favorite metal musician)
Nationality: Pakistani/Swedish
Where live now: Dubai
Languages: English, Urdu, Baloch, Punjabi, Arabic and can understand a bit of Russian.
Main career/education track: Finance/Accounting
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: To work as a unit. To share resources amongst ourselves to dominate markets and tenders. A lot of discussion and ideas to be put forth.
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: Nothing right now since I just got back but I retail jewels mostly.
Favorite thing to do in-game: Manage production lines.
Is what is your personal goal (asset rank, political power, help others, dominate an industry, tender king, etc): Tenderman.
Are you interested in learning technical tender knowledge: most definitely
Are you willing to share resources within the corp: Yes, if it is going for tenders/competitions then definitely.
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in this game: Definitely Mort100
Something interesting about yourself: Been playing music for around a decade. Struggle with substance and alcohol abuse!! Currently employed as a consultant in a business consultancy firm 

25.06.2015, 11:33

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

It's nice to know more about you guys. My turn then.

Name: Baxtiyor (English pronouncement would be Bach tee yo "r") it means - the happy one.

Where I am from: Tashkent, Uzbekistan (The most safe touristic destination... well on "google streets" they say)

Languages: Uzbek (native), Russian (somehow better than native), English (still learning), Tajik (some swear words)

Real life job: Modest electronics vendor

Reason to playing Virtonomics: No particular reason, I find it appealing day to day slow nurturing virto business. So want to keep things as simple as possible (Less clicks), Concentrating on one department (Clothing for now) and see where it will take me cash wise.

Goal for corp: Would love to participate in any kind of cooperation job ( overthrowing the government, anything noteworthy that would require group effort)

Are you willing to share resources within the corp: Yes, free wheat, cotton waste and more to come. It isn't charity, just really  don't need them. Feel free to ask. Want to say thanks to Gberdine (cotton fiber) and Desolation (cotton) from whom I was on a receiving end. And Gmoney for providing a herd of free-range sheep that would make any insomniac go crazy counting them.

Something interesting about myself: Love sunny days. Able to hold my breath for 4 minutes. Yes, really. That's what you learn when you are bored taking a bath. 

26.06.2015, 05:53

Nitron1
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Nitron International

Hi guys , I will join the corp after six more days. Iam currently banned from joining an existing corp.
Anyways here is my bio.

Nationality: India
Where live now: India
Languages: English, Hindi,Bengali and Manipuri
Main career/education track: A small clothing shop owner
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: Working together to achieve a common goal set by the Corp
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: Jewellery
Favorite thing to do in-game: Maximizing profits from my retail shops.
Is what is your personal goal (asset rank,
political power, help others, dominate an
industry, tender king, etc): To win the Contest of President and helping others
Are you interested in learning technical tender
knowledge: yes, its one of the reason why i joined the corp.
Are you willing to share resources within the
corp: Yes, if i have surplus
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in
this game: ME Well
just kidding. i didnt had enough interaction with enough players to judge
Something interesting about yourself: I dont drink or smoke. 

26.06.2015, 06:01

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Congratulations to G_Money on his new position as King of Estonia. What do you plan to do? I may be building some labs in Estonia due to the very high Education in one city. 

26.06.2015, 14:19

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

gb, thanks!  Glad I'm president because of this message below about my being mayor of that high education city:

City Tallinn: party enemy sighted has initiated the procedure of impeachment and the election of a new mayor  

If I read it literally, my own party impeached me.  But non-voters are at 73%, I wonder if the general public called for the election that no one can win.  If so, it proves the better off you make a city the more likely you are to lose your job.  A lot of the presidential powers grant bonuses to mayor, but the day I become president I lose the mayor job haha!  Irony!

Welcome in Nitro!  And thanks to everyone for posting their bios.

Time to start discussing corp projects.  Before we try to jump into action, let's discuss all angles here first.  Post away.

First project to consider: Corp team building of yachts.

Throw your thoughts out.  What resources are required.  Who in corp will produce which part.  Who will retail?  Who will brand.  How to get profits (if any!) back to corp members and in what allocation.  What will yacht store be called (Yachts In Flames does not seem to work).

by the way, I already produce ship hulls.

26.06.2015, 19:26

Last time edited : 26.06.2015, 21:20

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Congrats on your recent victory in elections!
Nice proposal!

I assume the production of yachts is intended for government sales. Since producing yachts of quality 70 to sink in social events is out of our reach, even with G_Money33 standing by our side (with an impressive qualification of 61+1).

I produce 4 yachts (28.5) per update in the other realm and selling for $17m to governments. And I can see market on Lien is more or less similar. If we manage to produce quality >30, we can sell 3 to South Korea and Hong Kong uncontested and compete for better American Markets. I have a feeling that we need to hit quality 35 (min) to have alternative markets and can tolerate fluctuations in market.

Not a highly profitable business given the number of workers you must assign, 2500 workers to produce 4 yachts at technology level 14, and also precious wood that can be turned into furniture and sold for quite high prices. But if one has unused production capacity and wood surplus, it's not the worst way to use it.

If we intend to produce the hull and other equipments also, we will need fine wood, microprocessors, synthetic fabrics, components and leather. Fine steel would be an asset both for direct use and to produce components.

In long run my company will be in microprocessor and steel production anyway, but my current qualification (5+1) is out of question. 

27.06.2015, 04:21

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

I will go through a list of what I can contribute.

Leather: Artificial leather Q14.30
Micros: Q16.49
Furniture: Q15.97
Refrigerator: Q19.65
TV Sets: I stopped making these when they introduced Plasma TVs. I still have the factory making video cameras. Do they use TV Sets or Plasma TVs for the Interiors?
Synthetic fabric: Q11.59
Engines: Q23.41
Components: Q18.99
Wood: Q5.56
Plastic: Q7.45
Steel: Q13.04
Dye: Q9.00
Glass: Q11.25 

27.06.2015, 06:52

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

Expanding on Sulaco's long term goal (developing a country), what if we put the whole production line of what we will end up producing in a same city. Less transport costs in moving materials. Kind a fun being the major force in increasing city's stature. Would be quite a challenge.

From what I learned, profits could be nominal in yachts business, given quite a long chain of production line. Does it worth it?
Isn't there a better use for our precious workers? (They are quite precious for relatively new companies). At the end of day, we are on a same boat (or Yacht I may say), and as long as profits won't be disproportionate, then take me aboard ( on a Yacht it seems).

Will it be fair if each of us allocated for our joint venture same amount of workers, so in profits sharing it will be easier to calculate  each members contribution. Owners of rare materials (wood, mining) will be taken into considiration too.

Still find Sulaco's goal of leaving a mark on country/city quite appealing. Would be awesome if combine our prime target with it.

Gmoney "Yacht in Flames" could make insurance companies get suspicious. 

27.06.2015, 09:37

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

For anyone who's into corn/wheat, got 5m+ of both. 5m+ of flowers. 5m+ of tobacco. All q7.5+ 

27.06.2015, 10:19

Nitron1
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Nitron International

what does trade mark do?
I always come across people beating me in tenders with their trademarked goods. 

27.06.2015, 11:36

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Reply is in your mailbox. To wink 

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread