Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

21.06.2015, 03:39.     Subject: Corn

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

I bought a corn farm as a stepping stone to cotton. A Q1 cotton farm requires Tech 8 or so to have high enough quality crop to be used as an input to a cotton cleaning factory to make cotton fiber. There are not many uses for low quality raw cotton. I decided that a corn farm would be a good way to research Ag Farm to sufficient Tech for me to use a Q1 cotton farm.

When I started, the market for corn products were all lower price than the retail price for corn. So, I started by selling the corn. I wanted to try Mexican restaurant, but a low quality corn farm will require a very high tech to generate Q12 corn. I have found that my restaurants compete better with a minimum of Q12 on the menu. Recently, the price of cornmeal went very high, so I am converting all of my corn into cornmeal.

What are you all doing with corn? I am thinking that down the road, the organic synthesis may be promising, but it seems that right now you do better by selling cornmeal. 

21.06.2015, 08:44

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

For some time i sold the organic synthesis product on the open market cuz my corn wasn't being put to good use and i wanted to share the rare products.
I might probably start that again now that I am back because such things require little to no attention 

21.06.2015, 19:46

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

The upshot of my cornmeal is that I have some Retail Food outlets in high end markets. If any of you need a retail outlet for food, especially high end food like fish, I can help. I have food retail in Buenos Aires, La Plata, Monterrey, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez. I also have a food retail in Chengdu because nobody was selling cornmeal there and the price was high. Chengdu's prices are not as high, but that city can handle very large volume due to the high population.

If I can buy for 1/2 the expected retail price, that leaves some for the tax man and a little extra for me. Let me know if you want some food sold in my stores. 

23.06.2015, 02:59.     Subject: Gas Stations and Auto Repair

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

Are the Top 1, Top 3 tables still available somewhere? I would like to know how many total employees I can have in Gas Stations and Auto Repair for my Top Manager Qualification (11). The XioScript does not work for Gas Stations and Auto Repair. 

23.06.2015, 03:50

mdmoyer
Small barrel Eleven years with Virtonomics V sign Ancient Asian symbol of peace Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Haloween pumpkin Frankenstein Mask
Witch Mask World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

Two Secrets (well not really) I use extensively which I'll tell you about. By default there is no easy way persay to see the Top1,2,3 values like the game used to years ago. I use Firefox with the GreeseMonkey add-on script manager for a variety of browser games I play or have played including Virtonomics.

- Virtonomics Enhanced
This add-on restructures a variety of screen views including re-adding in the top right corner of your enterprises overview screen the Top 1,2,3 values as they relate to that enterprise. This is by far the best addon I've ever used and does not violate the terms of service in any way.
-Virtonomics Salary Helper
This add-on restructures the salary pop-up window so make your life a lot easier

Scripts can be easily found on userscripts.org noticed there are some other things there to, but have never tried them.

I've played with XioScript but haven't really been impressed with it, and it's far too broken. Another add-on I'm not running right now but have used a lot in the past (disclaimer don't know if still works) is the Virtonomics Production & Trading Assistant. Does a variety of things including showing price/quality ratios of supplies.

Some tidbits I always share with my corp members and well now freely share with ya'll because I like to see activity, particularly in the forums. 
LifesaverM
CEO, Moyer Industries - Mary and Lien Realms
President, Infinity Enterprises Corporation - Lien

23.06.2015, 04:27

mdmoyer
Small barrel Eleven years with Virtonomics V sign Ancient Asian symbol of peace Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Haloween pumpkin Frankenstein Mask
Witch Mask World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

Well guess I'm behind on the times the userscripts site is no more as of August but if you google the script names above you'll find it on the mirror site still. Don't know if the authors of these scripts have uploaded them to any other repositories. Xio is buggy but I tried it again and like the enterprise and office overview pages layover. If I was better at coding anymore I'd pick these project up and clean them up. Even enhanced has some of its features broken like the awesome QPR fields I used to adore. 

23.06.2015, 05:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Moyer, I know you have your own corp, but I'm making you an honorary In Flames member!

When we start in on projects, maybe this corp can team with yours.

23.06.2015, 06:08

mdmoyer
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

Sure, happy to work with people new and seasoned. Helped incubate more than a few folks that have gone on to do other things. Some of the early ones still even play, some don't but its all good. As long as people are enjoying the game for what it is. Have one or two inactives at the moment too it happens. If ya'll are good with it, I'm happy to formally consider In Flames We Trust an Ally and Friend of the Infinity Enterprises Corporation. 
LifesaverM
CEO, Moyer Industries - Mary and Lien Realms
President, Infinity Enterprises Corporation - Lien

23.06.2015, 10:49

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

@gberdine:
The top charts (noglues) are uploaded here.
Also a few people have modified xioscript to calculate top for new type of enterprises, but I can't find the post. 

23.06.2015, 13:37

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

@Wonson:
Thanks for the link. I assume that the Gas Stations and Autorepair use the numbers for Stores. Is that correct? 

23.06.2015, 15:59

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

It's half the stores. reference

23.06.2015, 22:03

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Interesting corporation!

I might be interested to join it; At the moment I just try to make a little bit money and raising my qualifications, but on the long term you guys seem to be a nice team to work with. Especially with a focus on winning tenders/contests (in a group effort) I'm very motivated to work on Lien with you guys.

Good luckVery we! 

24.06.2015, 02:23

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

TyStuFF
Interesting corporation!

Thanks TyStuFF.  corp is full right now, but please join the conversation in the thread!  More than happy to have you hang out here or work with us on projects.

24.06.2015, 14:50

gberdine
m:
gberdine International

When I think in terms of projects, I am thinking division of labor. So, maybe some big ticket items that require a lot of factories. Sports Cars come to mind. Aircraft would be another, but I have heard that the market for Aircraft is broken. Has anyone tried Government Procurement for Aircraft? Yachts might be another example. My thought would be each member specializes in 1 aspect of the production, and/or one member specializes in branding and retail. 

24.06.2015, 15:54

Last time edited : 24.06.2015, 15:54

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Gb, we’ll get into projects shortly (and we’ll start with your idea!), but first we need to post bio info.  Gendalf just told me he’s from Uzbekistan and he really appreciates the billions donated to his country and he speak Russian.  No we have our “Russian Spy” for reading the Russian Forums!

Anyway, I’ll start…

Nationality: US
Where live now: Boston
Languages: Just English and Google Translate
Main career/education track: Finance
Personal Goal for In Flames Corp: Tons of good discussion in this thread
Favorite Virtonomic Industry: Lumber
Favorite thing to do in-game: Besides working with others it would be politics
Is what is your personal goal (asset rank, political power, help others, dominate an industry, tender king, etc): combo of asset rank and help others
Are you interested in learning technical tender knowledge: for me, no
Are you willing to share resources within the corp: in general yes, with some limits
Who is smartest player you’ve encountered in this game: There is no right answer here and all top players are probably way smarter than me but throw something out for this.  I’m going to go with our own WWW.
Something interesting about yourself: Just got a bad work review so I may need to slow down on Virtonomics for a while haha! 

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread