Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Introduce yourself here

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 13.08.2009, 16:23

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 09:34

VLTrader

It's interesting for me (and I suppose not only for me) what people play virtonomics. Who are they? Students, workers or maybe scientists? What for are u playing virta? Is it only game for u or perhaps smth more(like simulator of real economic and u could make useful findings for real life). So I offer u to answer some questions:

1. Your name
2. Your country, city
3. What are u?
4. Your age(if (your_sex == female) {u may not to answer} Very we!)
5. Languages u could speak
6. About yourself
7. Why do u like this game
8. Your aim in this game
9. Maybe smth elseWell

U may answer all this questions in free style.
Thanks u for answers.

Message list:  

4.04.2010, 19:52

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Travalgar
6. I'm drawn to this game by the promise that I can get real money from it.
Probably I will disappoint you, but - as far as i know there are only no more than 5 players in all game, who won more than ~400 bucks. I mean players from ALL realms (now there are 5 realms), not only from Lien or Mary.
Correct me, if i'm wrong, but nobody on Lien, or maybe 1/max 2 players, ever outputed money from game. Maybe only Muratt (who plays on all realms). 

5.04.2010, 15:05

Travalgar

pectopatop
Travalgar
6. I'm drawn to this game by the promise that I can get real money from it.
Probably I will disappoint you, but - as far as i know there are only no more than 5 players in all game, who won more than ~400 bucks. I mean players from ALL realms (now there are 5 realms), not only from Lien or Mary.
Correct me, if i'm wrong, but nobody on Lien, or maybe 1/max 2 players, ever outputed money from game. Maybe only Muratt (who plays on all realms).

That's a little disappointing alright. But I never expected to make most of my living out of this game. That's just stupid. Come on! Well If I want to make some real money, I'll write fantasy novels about wizards or vampires. Even 400 bucks is fine for students like me.

5 realms? Lien, Mary, that 10-day free realm, but what are the other two realms?

How do you make money out of this game, really? Converting virts to dollars? Is it right that virts won from contests aren't included? 

6.04.2010, 14:20

macaroon9

1. Abhas

2. Chandigarh, India

3. Student, just got into 8th grade..

4. 13 , Male

5. English, Hindi, Little French and Little Arabic

6. Studying... Studying and Studying

7. I like the concept of buissness and this game..

8. Aim was too become the best of the best but everytime i start i go into loss... lol

9. I just wanted help on how i shud start my game.. i restarted once again..  can smbody help me.. tell me how shud i make a good start and how to go about it?? 

7.04.2010, 10:12.     Subject: a fellow Indonesian!

Last time edited : 7.04.2010, 10:18

xenrolf

thought I'm the only few in my campus who survived this game...

1. Florentinus

2. Depok, Indonesia (southern border of Jakarta, ID)

3. Undergraduate Civil Engineering student

4. 20, Male

5. English, Indonesian, practical Javanese

6. Pragmatic Strategist

7. Testing the on line version, got bored by PC tycoon games

8. As experimental module, to grasp practical business basics and techniques

9. Due to nature of this game, it's bloody difficult for my friends to understand. Perhaps a bit more thorough tutorial could help, and interface could use fancier ones. But leave the geek details alone, they're good as it is. Some mechanics like efficiency, rating, aren't widely understood and the 'bar advices' only offers efficiency-based improvements, not tips and tricks to get profit.

The Wiki should be labelled as FAQ, since game mechanics aren't explained in detail there. 

7.04.2010, 11:49

Last time edited : 7.04.2010, 11:53

shayfiq
Six years with Virtonomics

1. Syafiq
2. Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
3. Currently a student; Foundation in Biological Science-Majoring Biotechnology
4. 19
5. Fluent in Malay, intermediate in English and a bit in Arabic
6. I am trying my best to achieve success and prosperity for my future life and perhaps someday open a business in the field of Biotech.
7. Well, I first discovered Virtonomics from an advert in Facebook. Its name "Virtonomics" (it's like a scientific name for me Very we! ) has its first impression on me which makes me click on it. And here I am, trying to play it. (Really needs some advice and help here, seriously. I just started signing up today and am a extreme beginner to Virtonomics)
8. My aim in this game is to find an alliance so that I can move through this game with the help from the members of the alliance. Being rich is not my main purpose here but what I want to attain from Virtonomics is the experience in having a business firm and hence learn from it so that some day I may open up some kind of company.
Here's an advanced Thank You from me to the founders of Virtonomics. Oh ya and congrats too, because so far, I have not reach a business simulation game much like Virtonomics.
9. And last but not the least, I really need some kind of an alliance to enter to Well (Do not know who to PM to enter an alliance)

wish to communicate with everyone soon ! best wishes from me 

7.04.2010, 14:44

Last time edited : 7.04.2010, 14:45

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Travalgar
5 realms? Lien, Mary, that 10-day free realm, but what are the other two realms?
Vera, Olga, Mary, Anna, Lien - by order of it's age.
Vera - the oldest, and the one with highest competition level, because there are so many players.
Lien - the easiest, with minimum competitions, very small number of players. 

12.04.2010, 07:06

TomDuhamel
Six years with Virtonomics

1. Your name: Tom Duhamel
2. Your country, city: Québec, Canada
3. What are u? An inventory clerk for a major c-store chain
4. Your age: 30
5. Languages u could speak: French (native) and English (second)
6. About yourself: Flight Simulator enthusiast, programing enthusiast, simulation games enthusiast, etc
7. Why do u like this game: I think of myself as a broke businessman
8. Your aim in this game: Do what I like the most but without the wage
9. Maybe smth else: hum perhaps later Well 

13.04.2010, 15:50

Last time edited : 13.04.2010, 15:51

Tautietis
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Latvia retail leader
Five years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics
l:
Tautietis Ind.
n:
Tautietis
m:
Tautietis Ltd.

1. Janis
2. Riga, Latvia
3. An engeneer
4. 26 years old
5. Latvian, English, Russian
6. love to play busines simulators
7. the same as in previous point
8. have no aims, playing for fun 

24.04.2010, 15:42

Didick

1. Cédric
2. France, Orléans
3. Looking for a job in Logistics Management
4. 23 years old, male
5. French and try to speak English. I can read it but i have some dificulties expressing myself. I'm sorry for my mistakes
6. Since i was teenager, i always liked management games, maybe this is why i turned in the field of logistics.
7. In reading the rules of the game, Vitronomics seemed to be quite realistic, so I decided to sign up to see exactly what it was. I Began four days ago, and for the moment i am not disappointed.
8. To expand my company and perharps control the supply chain of a product
9. I would like improve my english. If there is somebody who would like to improve themselves in french, they can PM me. Maybe we can do business together. 

27.04.2010, 18:12

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Your name = Casper
2. Your country, city = Holland, Rotterdam
3. What are u = Working in IT, Studied International Business Management till the second year than quit
4. Your age = 26, Male
5. Languages u could speak = English, Dutch
6. About yourself = Did a little of every thing can't go one direction get bored quick so i have a braod spectrum of knowledge ;)
7. Why do u like this game = Better than Maffia ( turn Based ) and wanted to make money but than the addiction of the game got me Damn, lol
8. Your aim in this game = To be the biggest
9. Maybe smth else = Strange that the supply and demand is not good in the game. I'll fix it in a while. If there reall business man here in the game ? I have some idears that need investment ;) 

12.05.2010, 07:26.     Subject: Wanting friends and needing enemies!

ArxCorvus

1. Sean Pembroke
2. United States of America, Pennsylvania, Bucks County, Middletown Township, Langhorne.(yea, yea, yea, i know were the joke of the world....sad but true)
3. Human
4. 26
5. Eng. and Fr.
6. Currently still going to college. (so much to learn)
7. I always wanted to own my own business and such so this is a "cheap" way of doing that and getting experience.
8. to say in the green and not in the red
9. I'm a bit of a dark person, not emo at all, and be kind of sadistic as well but I'm fun to be around. Also i like BDSM....is that TMI?

I'm interested in starting an Alliance type thing in this game i think that it would be amazing! Also it wouldn't be bad to have a loan aspect epically since that is a integral part of business. 

19.05.2010, 11:57

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

1. Khoi Q
2. USA, CA, LA
3. IDK
4. M23
5. English/Vietnamese/Cantonese
6. MBA student
7. I got hooked on business simulation games such as Capitalism II so this game is an alternative
8. My goal in this game is to have my company being an industry market leader  
9. I m addicted to this game

PS. Big corporations are evil...support small businesses and newly start-up companies! 

24.05.2010, 19:22

Last time edited : 31.05.2010, 02:19

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Pierre-Henri
2. Currently: Mexico, Cancún
3. Currently: Commercial Manager in Aviation/Tourism Industry, looking at a job opportunity so city and job may change in the near future
4. Male, 30
5. French, English, Spanish
6. Expatriate, young father
7. I was looking for a "smart game" in order lo learn in a fun way.
8. For the moment I'm an early bird... I just restarted my business yesterday because of too much investment in the first one. My first goal is to have a profitable business, not necessarily earning a lot but with a good structure. I didn't define my strategy yet and I need to learn more. Knowing myself, I'm a risk-taker so I hope to increase my turnover enough to be able to play Well.
9. I'm looking forward to meeting the businessmen behind the corporations! Interactivity is a key to success and I hope I can see that reflected in the game. 

29.05.2010, 13:28

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Your name = keeping my name private. Honorchamp will have to do.
2. Your city/country = Brisbane, Australia, San Francisco California, Tampa Bay Florida, Langley Virginia, and Vancouver Canada (I get around a lot)
3. What are u? = Businessowner. Vast background and specialty in Corporate financial planning and strategy, economics, marketing and sales, corporate and commercial finance, tax planning, business development, and product innovation. My current business ventures include: Residential real estate projects, a deposit bank, an investment club, an alternative energy company, and a transport company.
4. Your age = 34 male
5. Languages u could speak = English, Persian, Punjabi, some Arabic.
6. About yourself = I need 72 more hours in each day.
7. Why do u like this game = Best business simulation around, although still has major problems and a long way to go.
8. Your aim in this game = Get into the top ten.
9. This game needs more freedom, more realism, and less restrictions on freedom of growth. The restrictions in qualification make this game completely unrealistic. Put the freedom back into it devs, for gods sake already! ;) 

Looking for low priced goods, steady trading partners, and open to any business opportunity!!
- Currently blacklisting any suppliers who cancel without mail or price increases instead. This game needs a time/price contract feature with fines of 10% for whoever cancels early.

Bankrupted 3 times by game bugs.
1. Office Efficiency Bug - top mgr low eff makes all company employees stop working completely. UNREALISTIC!!!
2. Warehouse Bug - rent skyrockets to 1.5 Million instead of $10,000 when office efficiency is low. AGAIN UNREALISTIC!!!!
3. Warehouse bug again.

P.S. Suppliers, try to email your customers if you are making a change that will cancel orders. Don't just jack up the prices without letting people know, this ruins supplies for their stores. - If you buy from me I wont cancel you intentionally without a mail if I can help it.

29.05.2010, 20:20

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

1. Vlad
2. Israel
3. medical eng. student
4. 27
5. Russian, Hebrew, English, a bit French
6. Believe everything is possible
7. For being very complicated managment online game - the more complicated, the better.
8. Learn to adjust the different factors popping up in the game and maybe to learn thing or two about real business life.
9. I think there are too much billionares in this game - maybe the game should have some crysis system affecting some regions and bringing more dinamic to the game(for example lower the consumption of the goods in stores - customers are suffer - stores suffer - everybody suffer - more realistical game.

It's weird there are so many engineers in this game. 
Be the change you want to see in the world

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Introduce yourself here