Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Corporate Contract List

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 10.02.2020, 22:25

Last time edited : 14.02.2020, 23:24

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

I believe it would be a great idea to introduce a corporate contract list and would positively develop corporate game play.
Problem: Market contracts can be increased over time and in line with limits. This can be used to exploit unwary and busy players.
Needs: The idea should be able to spot when this happens cancel / pause that contract and address who can do it.
Idea: A list of external companies members of the corporation hold contracts with. An option to pause / cancel all offending contracts (activated by officials). Individual players could choose to un-pause their contracts resume their supply of goods and activate a cool down period.
Comment: I’m not against contract prices ever increasing because it is an interesting dynamic. Or companies not being allowed to fail. I believe this works best at cooperate level because there is an element of care / co-operation there.    

Message list:  

12.02.2020, 19:45

Last time edited : 12.02.2020, 19:47

TheLoki
Nine years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
E-Corp
m:
Loki Industries

TheLoki

3. Voting would have a time or number of votes ( % of the corporation members) limit, which would conclude positive negative, and neutral votes.

Loki

Its here, either majority or time. or both.

If  we would put  50% must vote, no law will ever pass, because, 50% is not active at the same time. At least my guess. 

12.02.2020, 20:57

del.1110761
m:
Delete me

A corporate 'deal' would make it work more like a franchise. I think a corporate black list only makes sense if corporate deals are way more extensive. I would rather see corporate purchase agreements where all members can benefit from a product/price agreement made with an external person or other corporation. I think considering corporate blacklists is a few bridges too far, if it works as intended at all, that is. 

12.02.2020, 22:40

Last time edited : 12.02.2020, 23:13

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

Thanks all for your feed back.

First my philosophy that  "Any good corporation is run by the consent and input of its members" is a simple truth. If i don't voice my concerns in positive way within my corporation and things go wrong then I am equally to blame because this is a responsibility you have as member. Also if I still disagree I am free to leave at anytime. But if players do not feel fairly treated they will leave. This would be be a sad loss and something I don't want to see but it would lead to the end of that corporation.

I'm not trying to tell players how to run their corporations as that is their business. In my corporation there is always lots of discussion and we always work towards agreement. Also their are a lot of corporation officials that could override "rouge" decisions.

I'm not against voting but the more complex we make it the less likely the admins will want to implement it. 

13.02.2020, 01:02

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

TheLoki
and one member disagree to support the decision of majority of the corporation, neglecting the benefits, for solely personal interest.
Are you referring to me?

This is absolutly no case of personal interest. The idea is just presented in a bad way. And even if such thing would be implemented, what will be next?

Certain things are the resposibility of the specific players. I appreciate the fact that you want to protect a specific person, but it's his personal responsibility, not from anyone else.

I've lost trillions, had to sell point properties to survive, because of bankruptcy situations, just because I neglected the game. Did anyone help me in this specific situation? No. Your wonderful corporation kicked me out of the corporation, because of this bankrupt status. There was no topic made asking for a solution for my problem, because this is not a corporate responsibility... I just come back with a positive happy mind, knowing that this situation was my own fault. 

13.02.2020, 01:19

Last time edited : 13.02.2020, 01:39

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

This is getting off topic.

If you want completely free independent play it is available outside of a corporation in the form of your company.

In a corporation there are both rewards and responsibilities (no one gets one without the other).

This is not about individual protections but corporate wide protections that those inside can have to option to activate or disable. It will ultimately a matter of choice for corporations.

Plus this is meant to be a business simulation game it should actually simulate what happens in corporations. 

13.02.2020, 05:16

Last time edited : 13.02.2020, 05:17

Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Founder of Mbansa-Congo Ancient manuscript Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue
Dinosaur skeleton Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Fossil Skull Old coin Old coin
Beauty set Perfume Coral Killer Whale Shark Octopus Octopus Turtle
Starfish Dentist Triple corporate chevron Three years with Virtonomics

Arnh, emYou did not understand the idea. It is proposed to be friends not with SOMETHING, but AGAINST someone 

13.02.2020, 10:06

Last time edited : 13.02.2020, 10:08

Ghiby
Eight years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places
m:
ITG Corp.

hmm...

blacklisting means limitations imposed to a group, like not to deal with, not to do business, not to engage in trade with a blacklisted player and/or corporation...

this is not really open and democratic, but more importantly, it's not practical... why and how to impose, or "force" my fellow members not to deal, or trade with another player, just because I don't like that player, or he did something that pissed me off..??.. this is not fair, not for my fellow corporation mates and not for the other player...

but, to me, the simple answer is as usual, let the market decide, the supply vs. demand ratio will decide... in normal circumstances, if I see a product and I want to purchase it, if I like the price, or I find it efficient, I'll buy it, if not, then I won't buy it...

same should go with the blacklisted player, in case such a thing may be introduced, or with the player that should be blacklisted by this feature...

if I like the guy, as a business partner (or player in the political arena) then I do business with that guy, if not, I won't...
the same goes with and for my corporation mates, if they like a guy/player, they trade with them, if not, they avoid it...

is that simple, there is no need to blacklist a player and/or a corporation, since I - we - have the freedom to decide if I/we want to engage in trade - or not - with that player...

as I see it, there is no need for such a feature, since if I don't want to deal-trade with a guy-player, I just don't, I don't need an extra feature to blacklist that player, I have my own personal blacklist and it's enough to keep me going...

unless I misunderstood the suggestion - I'm tired after a long day at work - I don't see any need for blacklisting a player and/or a corporation... 
Founder of Info Trade Group™
Subsidiaries
ITG Corp. in Mary

13.02.2020, 10:22

del.1110761
m:
Delete me

SchmatkoA
Arnh, emYou did not understand the idea. It is proposed to be friends not with SOMETHING, but AGAINST someone

I didn't write it down properly, but what I meant to say is that I see way more in corporate cooperation than blacklisting and if blacklisting will be a thing I think it only makes sense if there is way more cooperation between corporations or external individuals first. 

13.02.2020, 21:52

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

Thanks all for the feedback.

But I would like to hear from those that want to develop the idea. 

13.02.2020, 22:45

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

el09sjs
Thanks all for the feedback.

But I would like to hear from those that want to develop the idea.

I think you can see there is not much appetite for this idea outside of your corporation. 

13.02.2020, 22:51

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

Sorry but you don't get to shut this down like that. 12 individual players support this so far if your corporation does not want this feature you don't have use it. 

13.02.2020, 22:57

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
m:
MacNab Inc.

I will be more impressed with the number of corporations supporting your idea than the number of players. 

13.02.2020, 23:01

Last time edited : 13.02.2020, 23:03

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

This does not require the support of corporations but players. The 12 players so far exceeds anything on Mikes post and rate 'em page. 

13.02.2020, 23:05

MacNab24
m:
MacNab Inc.

el09sjs
This does not require the support of corporations but players. The 12 players so far exceeds anything on Mikes post and rate 'em page.

It does if those 12 players are mostly from your corporation. 

13.02.2020, 23:08

Last time edited : 13.02.2020, 23:11

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

No it does not. Simply because you don't like the answer you now want to change the democratic goal posts. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Corporate Contract List