Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

19.11.2013, 02:25

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Mike1

i agree but i feel it is also possible that this script could conflict with a paid service of HR . Since ever i was wondering why the column containing both the city salary and the paid salary % isn't sortable by that paid salary % as well. If it is we can easily do the training as above and i would not think it created any conflict.

Better ask Jane first to be sure then.

JANE!!!

My question: is it allowed to use a script to automatically train the employees of certain subdivisions?

Mike1
i am using the CTI script and it works well. So cool!

one concern i have is that since supply prices are fluctuating the sale price can be off again pretty fast without my knowledge. It could be solved by showing an indicator on the subdivision page based on a certain value.  For example if CTI is off more than 5% it will show the word "CTI" on that list, maybe green for paying to much and red for paying to little.

I don't think that scripting that will pay off... I'm sorry. The best thing you can do is set the price when all in the subdivision is stable. Or you can set the price higher; being sure the prime cost doesn't change is also an option.  

Mike1

I checked the script on a mill, the result isn’t correct; see the existing price is 1.05, the script would set it to 1 which is not correct:

A quick calculation:

Prime cost: $0.97
Profit tax: 27%
CTIE rate: 10%

CTIE to pay = 0.97 * (27/100) * (10/100) = $0.03 rounded up.   (The formula is from the CTIE rate page)
New Price = $0.97 + $0.03 = $1.00

That's what the script is doing.
Can you explain what is going exactly? 

19.11.2013, 14:06

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

Has asked the administration about this. They answered, that their relation to use of such kind of scripts is not positive.

Some my comments. Better not to use such "massive-acting" scripts.
http://ru.virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/11/topic/111697/view/m:100043396/#100043396 ...
http://ru.virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/11/topic/111697/view/m:100043593/#100043593 ...
Will translate if needed. In general, that's about automatic building of units. All players using it were temporary banned, but were not penalized for the first time. Then 2 players who did continue to use the script were blocked again. All script-built units (1600 and 480) were deleted, companies were charged for additional 140 and 15 bln (quite significant amount of game cash at that time).
And there is a warning: "Later the penalties will be stronger, up to permanents blocking of the account".

Of course, scripts make playing easier and allow to save time. But I don't want to risk with my company using most of them. Do you? Well 

19.11.2013, 20:31

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

That's why I use my own calculators and no scripts. Too much risk...

But, 1600 built units?! 

19.11.2013, 21:10

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Yes
Quality management innovation for size-2 factories was payed by game cash that time. And these companies built lots of such units to have this "free" 10% bonus. I'm not good in technical side. But if to imagine, that only 2 companies build 2000 units, then set them up, then the server does necessary operations with each unit during the update... I think, such massive expanding could cause "Server temporary unavailable" message. Very we! 

19.11.2013, 21:58

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

The only 'script' i am using is that provided in this thread, which just gives me the Top 1-3 values in each subdivision (instead of coming to forums everytime and seeing the limit, i see them on my factory page).

I hope that's not prohibited? 

20.11.2013, 00:48

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Desolation72724
The only 'script' i am using is that provided in this thread, which just gives me the Top 1-3 values in each subdivision (instead of coming to forums everytime and seeing the limit, i see them on my factory page).

If this should be prohibited, then I really would like to know about the developer's vision of this game. It is already hard enough to play it efficiently, given the lack of essential features and technological burdens. The community became creative and did what the dev's should really do: make the game more feasible and beginner friendly.

Mike posted an interesting table of how long it takes you to reach certain qualification levels, given that you max out every possible growthfactor. It takes multiple years to get you somewhere reasonable. Now assume you don't max out your growth potential, since you don't have the slightest idea how to do it. The game doesn't tell you how to do it. The wiki doesn't tell you how to do it. Nobody does, except the community. If the devs prohibit this, they can go and **** themselves. Commitment to something is fine, but I already invest so much time in this game, I'd like to know it's invested efficiently. 

20.11.2013, 03:02

Last time edited : 20.11.2013, 03:02

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Jane84
Yes
Quality management innovation for size-2 factories was payed by game cash that time. And these companies built lots of such units to have this "free" 10% bonus. I'm not good in technical side. But if to imagine, that only 2 companies build 2000 units, then set them up, then the server does necessary operations with each unit during the update... I think, such massive expanding could cause "Server temporary unavailable" message. Very we!

I guess it would be more like server being flooded by continual requests to build what would make the server become almost frozen. Other than that, it would just increase the time the update requires.

Also, I'm using that of the mini-factories for exploiting the "free" quality management innovation in my testing Lien account. It's more helpful at higher tech levels, and basically you require a warehouse for managing all supply orders. Now, the problem comes each time you rise a level and have to rearrange all supply contracts. To you Let's hope the testing is worth it on the long run...

Neeru, boi, relax. Whenever something "illegal" is done, they are the first to know about it. If you want to feel safer, use something that doesn't interact at all with the web browser, like a home-made calculator. But I agree with the non-noob-friendly growth, no one would be able to reach that growth with natural gameplay if they don't know about the internal working of the growth. I've been complaining about that since the beginning of my career in Virtonomics. To you 

20.11.2013, 14:20

Jane84

Desolation72724

I think, not. I'm using it also. I think, risky is to use massive acting scripts, like mentioned above. 

21.11.2013, 01:50

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Neeru
Desolation72724

If this should be prohibited, then I really would like to know about the developer's vision of this game. It is already hard enough to play it efficiently, given the lack of essential features and technological burdens. The community became creative and did what the dev's should really do: make the game more feasible and beginner friendly.

Mike posted an interesting table of how long it takes you to reach certain qualification levels, given that you max out every possible growthfactor. It takes multiple years to get you somewhere reasonable. Now assume you don't max out your growth potential, since you don't have the slightest idea how to do it. The game doesn't tell you how to do it. The wiki doesn't tell you how to do it. Nobody does, except the community. If the devs prohibit this, they can go and **** themselves. Commitment to something is fine, but I already invest so much time in this game, I'd like to know it's invested efficiently.

Hahah Neeru, my friend, chill. Though I agree about the non-friendly start, I think the devs have done as much as they could? (debatable to many).
But yes. In the beginning, you crap your pants when your efficiency goes down and there is no mention of it in the wiki page. I think almost all of us restarted once ONLY because of the efficiency issues (if not restarted, then we almost got bankrupted but just survived). So yes, a topic should be included in the wiki and it will work in the favor of the devs. Because less new players are likely to quit. And the more the players, the more chances of them buying and spending points. 

21.11.2013, 21:13

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Yeah sorry about the rage. I guess I am still a bit stirred up from the censoring in Xio's laboratory post a few weeks/months ago. I am just afraid that they might take away what I consider important. Those numbers shown by Xio's script here give me a sense of "you are doing it right" and that's what keeps me playing. I mean, come on, at some point of the game growth is everything that matters. You'll be swimming in so much cash you don't know how to spend it. The only way I can put the cash to work is by building more [everything] and keep up the Q growth. 

22.11.2013, 00:15

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Welcome to the paranoids' club, Neeru. To you Save the grain... and the steel... 

24.11.2013, 07:08

Last time edited : 24.11.2013, 07:09

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Mike1

one concern i have is that since supply prices are fluctuating the sale price can be off again pretty fast without my knowledge. It could be solved by showing an indicator on the subdivision page based on a certain value.  For example if CTI is off more than 5% it will show the word "CTI" on that list, maybe green for paying to much and red for paying to little.
XiozZe

I don't think that scripting that will pay off... I'm sorry. The best thing you can do is set the price when all in the subdivision is stable. Or you can set the price higher; being sure the prime cost doesn't change is also an option.  

why wouldn't such a general oversight right at the subdivision listing be paying off? I think this is general manager report material. The only other way to see that information is by visiting the financial report of every subdivision. 

24.11.2013, 17:53

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Mike1

why wouldn't such a general oversight right at the subdivision listing be paying off? I think this is general manager report material. The only other way to see that information is by visiting the financial report of every subdivision.

I have two problems with scripting this idea:

First the amount of server pressure. Every subdivision will need one Ajax call. That's in your case with all your factories and farms, hundreds of Ajax calls. And that every time you load your overview page? The server will definitely have problems with handling those calls.

The time is the second problem: the CTIE page takes a second to calculate the new price right? I have programmed that, so I know there are three ajax calls involved there. Do the math and you will see that your page need minutes to load, every time you open the page. I don't think you want that.

It is a great idea, but not in this format. If you have a solution for it I like to hear that. 

15.12.2013, 00:07

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Script updated for the power plant qualification!

And I still implanted some training though...
Because I feel the need for this is higher than the risks. I know most of you is at least 5 minutes of your virto-time busy with setting your workers training, and that's 5 hours after two months.
But, of course, Jane, if your administration receives a notice of increased server load because of this, or have any other reason to forbid this time saver, I will immediately remove the training part of the script. 

16.12.2013, 00:00.     Subject: xiozze you are the best

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

thank you very much Well Ridiculously 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript