Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

15.10.2013, 18:08

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

and this is what happen when I try to max TOP1 according to script:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByeR6IWFuIhEMENnTGk5dk5lUWs/edit?usp=sharing ...

efficiency drops for 16% 

15.10.2013, 18:26

Last time edited : 15.10.2013, 18:29

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Your Top 3 Limit is 2130! You can't max Top 1 and go over Top 3 limit at the same time! Your efficiency will drop.

Max Top 1, like you did in that one restaurant, but reduce your number of restaurants. You have too many restaurants if you want to max Top 1 in every one.

Alternatively you could raise the workers qualification and decrease their number. This way you might get both Top1 and Top 3 maxed while having the same amount of restaurants. 

15.10.2013, 19:59

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

ok, now I get it. Never paid attention on maximizing both, now I want to achieve max growth in Q.

Thank you for you explanation ;) 

20.10.2013, 18:31

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Version 2.0 is now online, it contains the top 1 and the top 3 value and some other extra cool stuff that have to do with top and maximum values.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/179701 ...

Neeru: the script you have there: top 1 is fine, but top 3 is off.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I prefer the values from this page: (http://virtacalc.freehost96.ru/top3.php ... ).

Furthermore: the 125% limit, is completely useless, believe me, there isn't any occasion you want to use that value.

My script will make your text red so you can see easily when you exceed the values. Well

Test my script, all!!!  Yes 

20.10.2013, 20:53

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Neeru, your script was a bit off, like the above post mentioned. The top 3 limit was atleast 2 maybe 3 thousand above. But nonetheless, thankyou very much again for providing the script.

Xiozze, thankyou for the new script. I see the top 3 values are the same as the ones provided in the forum, just took a quick glance, might be wrong. In any case, will try this out. Thankyou very much for the script! 

22.10.2013, 02:29

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Alright, noticed Well Thanks.

Xio: I'll give your script a try Well 

22.10.2013, 09:58

a_esbech
Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Esbech International

My request might be an easy one, I have no idea how to do it myself though.

I'd like a script that set my List of Subdivisions to order by class as standard. I'd also like to have 100 subdivisions visible at a time. 

22.10.2013, 10:18

Neeru

@A_esbech:

Try naming your subdivision according to it's class. See my company for example. When I sort by subdivison I get it the way you want it.

Also, there are a few numbers shown at the bottom of the page, these allow you to adjust the number of shown subdivisions on the page. 

22.10.2013, 10:26

a_esbech
m:
Esbech International

@Neeru, thanks. I knew this already though. You can order by class, however, so no need for naming tricks.

What I'm asking for is a script to save me 2 mouse clicks. First world problems and all Cheerfully 

22.10.2013, 11:21

Neeru

Xio, I'd like to give you some feedback on your script:

First of all, very nice. Well done Well I really like the way everything has it's place and all. However, I'd maybe work on the colors. As for now, every message has the same color (except when you exceed a certain threshhold). I'd like to see the max tech level in red, since it affects production growth when you aren't close to it. Other values, such as max possible equipment quality doesn't deserve a color if you ask me. It's nice to know, but it goes hand in hand with the tech level.

Maybe something completely new: Why not change the order of your messages?

Currently you have:
[ScriptText] [ScriptValue]

Why not change it to:
[ScriptValue] [ScriptText]

The benefit of this would be that your script would show values directly under the original game values, which allows easier comparison:

22.10.2013, 11:32

Neeru

Maybe another small thing: When I click the "Set price" button, the label below the button shows and tells me what is going on. This is great. Only problem is, the label moves down the lower part of the site and when I put my mouse on "Save changes" (I know, it automatically saves) and the label disappears, the mouse is directly over the "Delete remaining product" button Very we! 

22.10.2013, 12:43

Neeru

Also a feature request: CTIE price calculation for mines! 

24.10.2013, 06:23

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Haha neeru, i was just about to request the same.
Good job on CTIE calculations for factories. It's time to shift on to mines! 

28.10.2013, 14:29

wolf85
Appolo in turquoise The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

@Xiozze nice script :-)

i like that i don't have to look in the table any more

but i guess the price model isn't perfect :-) are training, technology introduction and advertising in your price model? 

28.10.2013, 17:37

Neeru

@Wolf85, the pricing model is fine as long as you take the calculated price as minimum. Since training and technology are extraordinary expenditures, they shouldn't be included in the price. Product advertising shouldn't be carried by the production facility, but by your retailing store - unless you are a pure producer of course. If you are retailing the products yourself, I imagine it would be very hard to calculate a price which covers all advertizing expenditures. Also, if your advertizing costs were included in your factory price, adding a new retail branch (e.g. a new city) would make the the product for existing branches more expensive, cutting profits. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript