Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

9.10.2013, 00:41

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Yeah, I have one that is really tedious, but it would require a whole database (or array) subject to dynamic changes.

For internal sales, setting the sale price of the produced item equal to the prime cost + CTIE. I have to check my notes for that factory saying "CTIE = x1.06", and using that to set the new selling price each time I upgrade a tech, or the main office fails to keep it at 100% efficiency, or whenever the supplier rises the price of materials more than 1 cent. (Well, in that case it is cancelled, and I make a new contract. To you Yeah, the cheapskate way.)

Problems:
-The CTIE rate is subject to the profit tax, that differs from country to country and can be altered by governors.
-Each product has a different CTIE applied to them.

Not that I want to user others' scripts, nor my own ones, I like doing changes personally. But it's a common issue for producers that use their own supplies, nonetheless. 

9.10.2013, 18:06

Last time edited : 9.10.2013, 19:31

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

This is great of you XiozZe; there is plenty of time killers in the game and i don't think there would be less players if we could spend less time to click around and spend more time for other things (like competing with me in Tenders)

Rogue_Cat, i'm a bit creeped out now ..  it almost seems that you've mixed in our family's cats and checked my notes.

a) visit all subdivisions, set the price limit of INTERNAL purchases to "never": nice stand-alone function and required for

b) visit all producing subdivisions e.g. factories, farms, plantations and animal farms and, if the sale is not "to any company" (make sure it also works on subdivisions selling different products e. g. meat and eggs) set the selling price to the break-even price including CTI e.g. prime cost add CTI rate % (which is the same in all countries for the same product). Something similar was made here : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83397 ... but its in Russian and the CTI values appear hard-coded into the script in reference to their russian name. Rather than hard-code the CTI values i'd get those at the beginning of the script once so that the script still works in all languages and when more products are added.

A risk of this script is that if a factory's prime cost is distorted by temporary supply interruption it would set the price much higher but once the supply is available again you'd need to run the script again to adjust the price or be hit with potentially very high taxes. So the script should leave the price alone if there were not sufficient supplies at the factory during the last update (optional: no adjustment if its larger than for ex. 25%). 

9.10.2013, 23:37

Tee_Bickle
Egypt retail leader Thirteen years With Virtonomics Coral Coral Mask Mask Mask Mask
Italy retail leader Shock-worker of Virtonomics Swedish profile Swedish profile Père Noël Olentzero Julebukk Sinterklaas
Tovlis babua Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Physics teacher "Point and shoot"
Chewing gum Fishing spoon Brazil retail leader Gold SIM Kindergarten's Leader Festive glasses Festive glasses Festive glasses
Jubilee Ten Angola retail leader Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Double corporate chevron Mandarin duck
Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Denmark retail leader World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Mechanic USA retail leader Mexico retail leader Ball of Costa Rica Argentina retail leader Cuba retail leader Common amphora of Heraklion Greece retail leader
Doomsday Calendar Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Restaurateur Medicaster Top Technologist Retail Elite
Fitness Tycoon Uzbekistan retail leader Top Social Ranking United Kingdom retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Turkey retail leader South Africa retail leader World's retail leader Leader in technologies
m:
Bickle International

Hi guys,
I hope they will implement all the great ideas you propose. And if they do, I promise that I will compete wite Mike more often Yes 

10.10.2013, 14:57

Last time edited : 10.10.2013, 15:04

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

I'm using this script named Virtonomics Enhanced. And I have one question if anyone can answer on it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByeR6IWFuIhEOUhEYUZwSFNjSUk/edit?usp=drive_web ... or
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByeR6IWFuIhEOUhEYUZwSFNjSUk/edit?usp=sharing ...
(I'm sorry, if I make URL link it won't open)

I get what means TOP3 here (also you can add 20 % to that number).

But what are TOP1 and TOP2 numbers?
If I change Qualification of employees those 2 numbers are changing. Someone have a clue? I thought that TOP1 tells you what is max qualification of your employees in that subdivison, but it's not that in this case. Must be something in the code I guess Well 

10.10.2013, 18:18

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

TOP1 is basically the "power" your qualification has to handle the workpower in a single facility (that is, the current one you are checking. Be it a factory or mill, a store, a farm...).

TOP2 is just based on the number or required workers and their skill, and the equipment installed and its quality in producer facilities. It's not affected directly by your qualification, so you just have to be sure that there are enough workers and machines they can handle properly.

TOP3 is the "power" your qualification has to handle the workpower of ALL your facilities in that field.

Basically, TOP1 and TOP3 define it. The more "workpower" you have, the more it leeches from your qualification. Workers in larger quantities leech more from it than a few workers in a smaller facility. And higher skilled workers leech more than low skill workers. So, the "workpower" is a mix of the number of workers and their skill.

Mike1

Rogue_Cat, i'm a bit creeped out now ..  it almost seems that you've mixed in our family's cats and checked my notes.

Great minds think alike, Very we! but you don't know what they do on the computer when you are not looking. To you

10.10.2013, 20:05

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

I think I'm going to do the CTIE part first.
Actually, I already started Very we!

For the ones who want to know:
Every image has a sort of "id".
For every product on the page, I send that "id" to the CTIE page (With JQuery + Ajax), and it will return the ratio.
At least, that's the idea.....

After this, I will do something like that for the profit tax too and I'm done.
All together it will take some hours of programming.

The next project will be the Top1 and Top 3 I think.
Now you may wonder why I would do that when we already have that Virtonomics Enchanted script, but when you go to this calculator: (http://virtacalc.freehost96.ru/indextop.php ... ) you will see the values are off. (A lot)

I have an idea myself too:
Maybe instead of a salary you put in, you put in the qualification you want to set.
But there was already a script for that, I thought, wasn't it?
I just can't find it.

And thanks for all the comments, keep it the ideas up! 

11.10.2013, 11:06

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

Rogue_Cat thank you for your answer but I think we didn't ''feel'' each other Well I know what TOP qualifications are, but I'm wondering why the values of TOP 1 and 2 are changing each time when I change number of workers but their qualification stays the same (5.8)

For instance with 250 workers the values of TOP 1 and 2 are as on the picture, but if I change now number of workers to let's say 300 (Q is 5.8) then the values of TOP 1 is 10.11 and TOP 2 5.67. And again it change if I raise qualification of workers to 6.0, then the values for TOP 1 is 10.46 and for TOP 2 5.67.

So TOP1 value is changing and I don't get it why. 

11.10.2013, 17:15

Last time edited : 11.10.2013, 17:26

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Isn't it because of increasing the number of workers? The more workers in a single facility, the more it leeches from your qualification. Take a look at the classic tables:

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101016/view/m:99905711/#99905711 ...

Check any of them in TOP1, in your case animal farms:

Check the column on any tech, yours is worker skill req at 5.80, compare the values based on the number of workers.

20 workers require qualification at 3,
30 workers require 4,
100 workers require 6,
150 require 8...

By having your workers increased from 250 to 300, you are increasing your needed qualification a bit. It might make little or no difference, but it increases the required qualification in that field from 10.11 to 10.46.

In practice (and tables) we just use rounded numbers for qualification, but the script uses floating values when calculating. That way, you can also know how close are you to getting short on requirements. With 250 workers (10.11 qualification required) you are just lacking those 0.11, while with 300 workers that lacking increases to 0.46, as the more workers you have there, the more qualification you need to handle them.

Is that what you meant? 

11.10.2013, 17:21

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

Thank you for your time and your effort, but I allready know about required qualifications and stuff. I was just thinking, that script which I'm using is telling me what is the highest Qualification of employees possible that my qualifications can handle. I was expecting that for qualification 9 and 300 workers there will be at TOP 1 number  4.75 or for qualification 12 there will be TOP 1 6.81.

You know what I mean? It's hard to write what I mean also my english is not so good and don't know how to express myself Well 

11.10.2013, 17:34

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Oh, so you would prefer it to ask for the input of the number of workers there, and return the skill level they should have to exploit your qualification at its max. OK, got it now. I guess. 

11.10.2013, 19:32

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Rogue_Cat
ask for the input of the number of workers there, and return the skill level they should have to exploit your qualification at its max.

Idea noticed and noted! 

11.10.2013, 20:22

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

iI gave to many data Well Will say like this: TOP 1 changes also if I change Q of workers and the number of them stays the same. Well so I think we're on the same page now ;) you think you can do something about that Xiozze? Well 

11.10.2013, 22:00

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

First version of the script is done:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/179701 ...

Please, test it and search for errors!

ostojictina
you think you can do something about that Xiozze? Well

Of course I can do that!
It's in the queue. 

11.10.2013, 23:42

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

It works fine so far Very we! thank you so much ;) Gift 

12.10.2013, 22:24

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

XiozZe

The next project will be the Top1 and Top 3 I think. !
My company couldn't pay that max salary anymore in all cities, or sometimes the office's admin load won't be sufficient.
However, this are issues at my company, for startup businesses it would be great to keep maxing out quali growth.

I did browse trough the scripts in russian just quick but its hard to understand and i didn't make notes. Not sure its there or not, an indicator of your production quality vs the realm average... if the value is for example less than 0.3 higher than realm there should be a orange light in the subdivision list for that subdiv; if quality is below realm average there's a red light..

----
Happy scripting Dutch-Man ;-) and thanks for taking time to save us some! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript