Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

15.10.2013, 15:16.     Subject: Top 1 and 3 script

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hey XiozZe

Great work on the scripts, I really like what you are doing and it got me somewhat hooked too.
I was looking for a Top1 and Top3 script for a long time and found one in russian:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73021 ...

I have taken some time and translated the script so it would work with the english version of the game. A small problem was that different fields weren't named the same way in all subdivisions, especially the number of employees. For instance, it is "Number of employees" in offices, "Number of workers" in factories and "Number of scientists" in labs.

However things should be working fine now (for all types of subdivisions) and I really like how the script works. It shows you the max number of workers with the current worker qualification which you can hire at your current qualification. You might want to read that sentance twice Very we! It also shows you Top3 max and a 25% over the top limit (can anybody tell me what this is for?). Furthermore it shows the max tech you are able to handle with your Q.

Here it is: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/179993 ...  

15.10.2013, 15:43

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

Good job Neeru To wink

But how did you get those values for Top 3?

For instance: restaurants: Q is 13 and I can have according to tables from forum 2080x1,2=2496 workers.

According to your script I can have it 2130x1,25=2663 workers.

But problem is that if I have 2500 workers, efficiency in restaurant is not 100% anymore. 

15.10.2013, 16:10

Neeru
Macedonian common amphora Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thanks Well

I cannot say how they figured out these values. As mentioned before, I did not write the script, I only translated it and made some small bug fixes/resolved compatibility issues. You might want to ask the author about those numbers Well However, according to the number of downloads and the frequent updates made to the script, I assume the values are legit. Afterall, I have tested them myself and haven't seen any drop in efficiency when going to the limit.

Did you actually install the script or are you just reading from the source? Because what you are reading (workers * 1.25) is limit2. The actual top 3 limit is calculated otherwise. 

15.10.2013, 16:14

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

I installed it yes, I read from restaurant window not from the script. 

15.10.2013, 16:26

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Neeru
Hey XiozZe

Great work on the scripts, I really like what you are doing and it got me somewhat hooked too.
I was looking for a Top1 and Top3 script for a long time and found one in russian:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73021 ...

I have taken some time and translated the script so it would work with the english version of the game. A small problem was that different fields weren't named the same way in all subdivisions, especially the number of employees. For instance, it is "Number of employees" in offices, "Number of workers" in factories and "Number of scientists" in labs.

However things should be working fine now (for all types of subdivisions) and I really like how the script works. It shows you the max number of workers with the current worker qualification which you can hire at your current qualification. You might want to read that sentance twice Very we! It also shows you Top3 max and a 25% over the top limit (can anybody tell me what this is for?). Furthermore it shows the max tech you are able to handle with your Q.

Here it is: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/179993 ...

Bravo, Neeru. I have been searching the forums for smt of this sort in english since i started months ago and today i run into it. I have way too many factories and i guess i over-expanded a bit, my factories constantly had problems with efficiency.
But this script will definitely take care of it. I notice the Top 3 values are different than the Top 3 values posted in the forum. And when you say 125% load, does that mean I can increase the no. of workers and still keep a strong efficiency (85%+ ) ?
In any case. Will try these out during these update and see which Top 3 table is more accurate. Thanks a bunch. 

15.10.2013, 16:33

Last time edited : 15.10.2013, 16:35

Neeru

According to the script you should be able to have 2130 workers, not 2662.

This is what this function does:
Javascript

Where kv is your qualification (in this case 13) and k a constant per industry type ( here 1).

9.7 * 13 *13 + 41.5 * 13 - 48 = 2130

What you are reading is the top 3 125% limit which you shouldnt use Very we!

Here's how it looks like in one of my restaurants:

15.10.2013, 16:40

Neeru

Desolation72724

Bravo, Neeru. I have been searching the forums for smt of this sort in english since i started months ago and today i run into it. I have way too many factories and i guess i over-expanded a bit, my factories constantly had problems with efficiency.
But this script will definitely take care of it. I notice the Top 3 values are different than the Top 3 values posted in the forum. And when you say 125% load, does that mean I can increase the no. of workers and still keep a strong efficiency (85%+ ) ?
In any case. Will try these out during these update and see which Top 3 table is more accurate. Thanks a bunch.

You are most welcome.

As said before, I have no idea how they calculated the values, but they seem to work out pretty well. Increasing the number of workers by one over the limit (while maintaining worker qualification) lets the green "minimal safety factor" hint disappear. At least that's what happens when I test it Well

About the 125% thing I am not entirely sure. But in that one qualification post in the FAQ forum a possibility is mentioned to overload top 1 while compensating with top 3 and vice versa. I think the 125% is about that. Not sure, don't ask me. I'm just the translator Very we! 

15.10.2013, 16:45

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

What you are reading is the top 3 125% limit which you shouldnt use Very we!

offcourse Well

I normaly use data from table (for Q 13 is TOP3 2080) and I gave to that number 20%. And the efficiency is still 100 % in all restaurants Well

BUt this script has original value of TOP3 for lvl 13 Qualification 2130, what is 50 to much Well I used many hours to try different numbers of employees and TOP3 from tables + 20% is almost optimal Well 

15.10.2013, 16:57

Neeru

ostojictina

offcourse Well

I normaly use data from table (for Q 13 is TOP3 2080) and I gave to that number 20%. And the efficiency is still 100 % in all restaurants Well

BUt this script has original value of TOP3 for lvl 13 Qualification 2130, what is 50 to much Well I used many hours to try different numbers of employees and TOP3 from tables + 20% is almost optimal Well

Okay I don't fully understand Very we!

Everybody (or most of the people) knows that the values in the Qualification Growth tables are somewhat outdated and not completely accurate. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending the scripter, nor am I defending the values in the thread. The calculation of both values from the script and from the thread are a complete mystery to me. I just use what works for me Well

That being said, I don't get your argument. You are saying that the number 2130 is 50 too high, while you say a number of 2080*1.2 = 2496 is right?

The way I see it is that you know the values in the thread tables are incorrect and you make a correction by increasing them by 20%. This is fine when you use the tables. However, the script already shows you a corrected value which approximates the limit pretty well. There is no need to further correct these values. 

15.10.2013, 17:04

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

I'm saying that number 2130 is to high to add 25% to that number. Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to figure out right values Well

So I think if we change the values (for instance instead of 2130 to 2080) in script and multiply them with 1,2 it would be fine. WHat you think? 

15.10.2013, 17:06

Neeru

You don't have to add 25% anymore. 2130 is the right number! 

15.10.2013, 17:18

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

What do you say about that number. This is what I'm talking about.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByeR6IWFuIhEcUlBYnN2ZmNvLXM/edit?usp=sharing ...  

15.10.2013, 17:33

Neeru

First question: Did you wait 15 minutes after hiring more workers?

And secondly I think your number is ok too, since it is within the 125% limit. My guess is you are not using your Top1 to the fullest, so your over-the-limit-top3 is compensated by top 1. 

15.10.2013, 17:38

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

1. offcourse. This number of employees are there from yesterday when I fulfilled TOP3 for restaurants.

2. if I change only one other number (number of workers, their qualification) the efficiency is not 100% anymore

so in my tables also data for TOP1 are not right, because according to tables workers could have qualification 7.31, but that's not true Well

so I guess there are some other secrets behind Well 

15.10.2013, 17:49

Neeru

Okay, one last try.

According to the script you should be able to handle 288 workers in your restaurant with qualification 6.25. Top 1 would then be maxed.

According to the script you should be handle 2130 workers over all restaurents, regardless of worker qualification. Top 3 would then be maxed.

Ofcourse efficiency will drop when you play around with your numbers, since you overloaded your top 3. There is no way you can say these numbers are inaccurate if you have a "false setup".

And ofcourse your efficiency will drop when you increase your worker qualification to 7.31 (with 200 workers) since your Top 3 is over the limit!

The only reason why you can handle more than the Top 3 limit and have a 100% efficiency is because you are way under the top 1 limit. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript