Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

16.12.2013, 17:36

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

XiozZe
Mike1

why wouldn't such a general oversight right at the subdivision listing be paying off? I think this is general manager report material. The only other way to see that information is by visiting the financial report of every subdivision.

I have two problems with scripting this idea:

First the amount of server pressure. Every subdivision will need one Ajax call. That's in your case with all your factories and farms, hundreds of Ajax calls. And that every time you load your overview page? The server will definitely have problems with handling those calls.

The time is the second problem: the CTIE page takes a second to calculate the new price right? I have programmed that, so I know there are three ajax calls involved there. Do the math and you will see that your page need minutes to load, every time you open the page. I don't think you want that.

It is a great idea, but not in this format. If you have a solution for it I like to hear that.
This could be done easily at the server side by pulling the appropriate values from the db when generating the page but you are right,  a scripted solution at client-side seems not suitable. 

25.12.2013, 10:52.     Subject: Virtonomics Enhanced

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

Hello everyone. Great to see the discussion on scripting in this game going so forth.

I am the one responsible for Virtonomics Enhanced and am coming back to this game after a very long hiatus. I am pleased to inform you guys that I will start work on VE once more, fixing things and adding more features. I will be checking this thread fairly regularly as well as the userscript comments page. Please do let me know if you want anything spicific implemented first or fixed first.

Time to resussicate my dying companies...

ciao 

25.12.2013, 11:17

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

hitaishi

Great! Very we!
The Price/Quality ratio feature in VE is very useful. 

27.12.2013, 11:40

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

I have one idea Well Few years back I saw on one of russian realms, that someone had script which showed in the sale tab of factories what is the price of that product in store.

As I remembered it was scripted for russian realm and I couldn't translate it to use it for Lien or Mary.

Is it tough to write it? This would be very helpful to make best supply priorities Well

Thank you in advance guys. 

27.12.2013, 13:09

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

"in store"
Does that mean your store, the stores of everyone or the price on the global market?
Your store is almost impossible, so is the price of the stores of everyone else.
With time-consuming AJAX calls, the global market is possible, although that's still a bit vague...
However, I really like to see that script first before I start with that. 

27.12.2013, 13:41

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

if you have the russian script it might be possible to localize it for english realm. 

27.12.2013, 15:47

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

Does that mean your store, the stores of everyone or the price on the global market?

prices from my stores

if you have the russian script it might be possible to localize it for english realm.

will try to find that script on userscripts.org 

27.12.2013, 16:10

Last time edited : 27.12.2013, 16:14

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

I think this is the one:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/115046 ...

Will see tommorow what will happen, if the prices will be there. I translated it to english but there is no prices yet, just new column Sale Price / profit

translated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByeR6IWFuIhEWG5OMnRxOWlFdk0/edit?usp=sharing ...

hope it works 

27.12.2013, 18:07

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

What he does is easy:

-He saves the prices in the local storage when you are in the shop.  
  (Although this part is missing in the script, that's why it doesn't work)
-He loads the prices out of the local storage when you are in the warehouse.
-I'm not sure, but I think he gives different colors to the prices based on the last time you've set your price.

That's pretty smart, because:
-The prices are never outdated (you are always in the shop when you set the price, so he always got the latest prices)
-Doesn't require load time when you are in the warehouse, nor when you are in the shop.

However, negative points:
-If you clear you cookies/storage accidentally, or automatically, you lose all your prices, and you have to go to all your stores one by one to see the prices back again in the warehouse.

That was sort of a review here, and my conclusion is that it's a better way than I proposed, but because it all mess up when you clear your storage, it's not my favorite way of scripting. 

27.12.2013, 23:39

Last time edited : 27.12.2013, 23:40

ostojictina
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

-He saves the prices in the local storage when you are in the shop. (Although this part is missing in the script, that's why it doesn't work)

can you write that part? Well I tried like this (I have no clue about scripting though)

//http://www.virtonomics.com/ ... */main/unit/view/*
//http://www.virtonomics.com/ ... */main/unit/view/*/trading_hall

but doesn't work 

28.12.2013, 00:42

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Haha nice try, but it doesn't really work that way To you

He already did that for you, it's just an other script:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/114917 ...

I have no clue why he doesn't make one script of it, but whatever.
You were close enough To you 

28.12.2013, 01:07

hitaishi
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

the backbone for getting data and storing data via localstorage is already there in VE. I have just never used it because I did not want to lose the portability of the script.

Another method this can be implemented is to store the factory-store link in the enterprise's note. That way even if we switch computers, the data is always available and never lost.

I'll try some of it in a cpl of days. Need to get my company on its feet again. I am amazed that after almost 1 yr, the company still hasnt gone bankrupt...lol 

28.12.2013, 01:49

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Script updated!
Use the link in the first comment!

Change log
Version 4.0

New easy building :
-On the page where you choose the type of subdivision, there now appears a yellow box where you can fill in all the settings, that are normally spread out over seven pages. Press on "Build!" and the script builds it for you. You can still do the normal way by pressing on "Continue >"
-Supported subdivisions: Store, Services Center, Restaurant, Mill, Warehouse, Laboratory, Medical Center, Power Plant.

Building? You read the right my friend. Forbidden? Certainly not. Because this will not automatically build the things for you, you will just be able to do the same things faster (if you get used to it). For 1200 subdivisions, you still need at least a 1200 clicks. (But propably even more.)

It will make tenders a lot easier, especially because while the script builds, you can go back to your tender overview and think about the next building.

For general use it's a great tool too, building is most of the annoying things there is. Can you even find one other game where you couldn't build something in less than three seconds? Here, it takes 8x three seconds, almost half a minute for each subdivision. And for that you have to be really fast. (one second load, one second of thinking, half a second to click on the desired option and half a second to click on the continue button) Do the math: 120 subdivisions is one hour. I'm sure this will at least halve the time you used to build.

Just a quick note: be careful with setting the technology level. It will automatically buy the technology if you don't have it. I recommend you to always keep it level 1, and set it manually after it has been built.

Leave a comment if it works or not. 

28.12.2013, 04:32

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Very nice addition with the improved building wizard. Will it also support factories and animal farms in the future? 

28.12.2013, 09:39

hitaishi
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

i'd be careful with scripts that 'reduce the number of clicks'. That's borderline botting. There is a reason I stood away from such features. It circumvents user interactions with the game.

But this is a must have feature. I just hope that the game designers implement it inherently. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript