Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

11.08.2016, 02:43

afjds
Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

what is an IP? and CTIE? doesn't say on the wiki on github 

11.08.2016, 13:22

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

The IP and CTIE values are in-game values which you can find in the macroeconomics section of the analytics (which is why they are not explained in the wiki). In short, IP (indicative price) determines the maximum sale price of a good, and the CTIE influences the amount of taxes you pay. 

16.08.2016, 03:34.     Subject: Interesting...

dmz
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Now that you mention it having something that observes all countries and gives market data on products would be useful.  something that looks up a single product and gives you a full list of it's price/quality in every country and possibly each city would be most helpful for figuring out a market strategy.  though i guess that'd be to op and is not something that's a huge need.  though i've not tried your scripts as of yet.  Maybe something that judges predicted sales volume and possibly something that fixes that forsaken top manager prediction.  seriously it only updates once every hour or so.  i've done tons of modding with binary (haven't done tons of javascript) however perhaps i can help with this scripting project.

If i can get this script to work expect me to try as much as possible to contribute. 

16.08.2016, 13:05

Last time edited : 16.08.2016, 13:05

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

For the ones interested: I uploaded the current BETA XS 12.1 version to the GitHub. Note that the XS 12.1 and the XS 12 versions cannot work together: so be sure to toggle one off. With saved data they should not be able to interfere with each other.

How to use XS 12.1:
In the Entreprise, Reports, etc. bar, there is a new options next to the Top Manager: XioOverview. This will lead you to the XioOverview. It can take a while to load (here only two seconds though, but I do not have thousands of subdivisions). XioOverview always loads ALL your subdivisions, in the order you also have them at the Enterprises-list.

Every unit type has it's own table. From left to right: The city flag, city name, subdivision name and to the right of that currently lots of empty space. To add an option, click or drag the subdivisions you want to selected and click on one of the options in the top row of the table with the white background. For example: Salary has the options "Required" , "Maximum", etc.. If you want to erase an option, click on the bold marked top row (so directly on Salary). If you want to select all subdivisions of that table, click on the subdivision image to the right (the image that seems the most lonely).

Click on the XioMaintenance to fire all the shit. You change options during the XioMaintenance, but it will only effect new runs, not the current one.

You may not know what all the options currently do, but you can stick to the ones you know from XS 12.0 or try and experiment. There is only one option dangerous (aka costing a lot of money), and that is the equipment required function, as it will upgrade your current equipment to required in the cheapest possible way, but lord knows what may happen if the current cheapest equipment on the market is $1B. Take care especially with labs, as these prices are ridiculous.

Note: not all subdivision types are yet present, and not all options do something. Options that do not do anything at all: Factories' Solar options, Stores' Price, Supply and Ads options, and Warehouses' Supply and Size options. The rest should work.

Don't forget: it's BETA, so don't be surprised if I wizard all your options away tomorrow! (Although I of course try to keep that at a minimum.)

@dmz:

Great if you want to contribute! Be sure to check the XS 12.1 version above, as XS 12.0 will be abolished, some time. I will slowly start to add comments to my code (never did that, bad habit I know). If you have suggestions to XS 12.1, check the GitHub Issues, and add them. I'm not someone that looks back to past messages on this thread, so that is my ideas collection point. 

16.08.2016, 21:34

dmz
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Honestly don't worry about commenting code too much.  just the parts you think might be really confusing.  i'm used to letting code speak for itself.  i know how javascript works though i may need just a little time to adjust to how plugins work.  anyway dmz22136@mail.com ... or skype = spencer(temp) OR paulabrams99@yahoo.com ... .
if you go the skype root for anything be sure to include who you are as i get weird friend requests from people i never met sometimes. 

18.08.2016, 10:53

Xantas
Seven years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
m:
Xantas LLC

dmz
Honestly don't worry about commenting code too much.  just the parts you think might be really confusing.  i'm used to letting code speak for itself.  i know how javascript works though i may need just a little time to adjust to how plugins work.  anyway dmz22136@mail.com ... or skype = spencer(temp) OR paulabrams99@yahoo.com ... .
if you go the skype root for anything be sure to include who you are as i get weird friend requests from people i never met sometimes.

Just a word of advise: delete or masq those email addresses before they get caught by a web crawler and used to send you a lot of spam! Never do that on a forum or a HTML page in general. It's a bad habit, even worst that not commenting code too much! ;) 

18.08.2016, 13:05

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Version 12.1.1

Fixed a bug where the script would not load in Firefox.
Fixed a bug where the XioOverview would not load because it has not ever
been loaded before.

@dmz Well, sometimes I look back to my code of half a year ago, and I do not know for what I wrote it. It's not that I forgot how JavaScript worked, but just that I forgot which purpose it had. I can imagine that others would have even more trouble digging through all the code than I, so a little bit of commenting cannot hurt. 

26.09.2016, 15:31

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

what happen with script i think stop to work last hour .. 

26.09.2016, 19:18

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

It's most likely the new layout to the top-manager page that make it not work. Hopefully xio will make an update soon to fix it. 

26.09.2016, 23:06

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

XS Version 12.0.22

- Updated/Fixed for the new Top Manager page.
- Production Supply function (probably) fixed.

XS Version 12.1.2

- Advertisement functions added.

I haven't really checked whether 12.0.22 is actually fixed, so could someone do I a quick check for me? 

26.09.2016, 23:38

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

On lien all look good on first look
On Mary in subdivisions don't show maximum and overflow just target can see .. 

27.09.2016, 00:00

Grin161
Triple corporate chevron Three years with Virtonomics

XiozZe
XS Version 12.0.22

I haven't really checked whether 12.0.22 is actually fixed, so could someone do I a quick check for me?

On "Vera" everything works fine, Opera, Mozilla, Chrome.
Thank you very much! 

27.09.2016, 12:20

Viraxje
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

working again, thanks for the quick fix Yes 

27.09.2016, 18:41

VolandAV
V sign V sign V sign Paper crane Paper crane Triple corporate chevron The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Bastille Key The tender collider, the winner World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, II-III places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Master and Margarita

It would be nice to add a feature, which is after all the changes to verify the effectiveness of the offices (for overloads and other reasons for the decline of efficiency) and to issue a warning if the Office Listings efficiency less than 100%

In the old version  of the script has the wrong algorithm of supply adjustment to the shops. If you set the policy "ON stock" and for some reason the supply drops to 0 (for example, several recalculations missing items are in stock and sales fell to 0), it is already under any circumstances delivery is not automatically restored. 

29.09.2016, 18:07

VolandAV
V sign V sign V sign Paper crane Paper crane Triple corporate chevron The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Bastille Key The tender collider, the winner World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, II-III places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Master and Margarita

And one more remark on the XIO. For shopping you can set the condition "not to sell below the purchase price." This is not enough. For example I produce goods from raw materials of their mines. The theoretical cost of small and many times less than the market value of the goods. To increase the sales price of stock I do not want to supply (customs). But selling cheaper price of some established me, I do not want to. It would be great if for kazhdlogo goods worldwide could put a price cheaper than that I do not want to sell it in stores. And add this condition to store settings (not to sell below a set price) 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript