Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 17.06.2015, 05:37

Last time edited : 11.05.2016, 15:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread (Lien)

Welcome to the In Flames We Trust corporation thread! In this thread the corp will be discussing all sorts of things.

If you’re not part of the corp, don’t worry! You can read the thread or post in the thread as well.

In Flames We Trust will try to hold most discussions here. For any discussions that need to be super top secret (maybe when we’re trying to win a tender), we’ll retreat to PMs. But we’ll be discussing things out here that would usually be kept behind closed doors.

Thread Index:
Topic
Page
In Flames Glossary
Restaurant Qualification Project
16/17
Discussion: Sharing paid resources and virt stock market
19/20
Auto Repair Teamwork Project
Reference: Political Project Listing
Market Domination Project
Bee Project
Reference: How to make $$

Active Members (19/19):
Name
Company
Title
Project Leader
Tender Status
G_Money33
President
Admissions, Restaurant, Mrk Domination
Desolation72724
Bjorn Enterprises
Deputy President
Tenders/Contests
gberdine
gberdine Industries
Vice President
Auto Repair, Bees, Research
Jayman
Jayman Corporation
Tenders/Contests
Wonson
Wondime
Tenders/Contests
Sulaco
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

houc
htb International

mort100
Mo Corp

Seawerst
Seawerst Limited

paradokss
paradokss Trejd

JamesKroger
Kroger Corpor

Rob_B
RB LLC

TheSponge6
The Sponge Inc.

AdRome
Roma Honora

TyStuFF
TyStuFF Ltd

sulll
skulll sdBD

viperfire
viperfire Corporation

Nikoliil
Niko Enterprises

Nitron1
Nitron International

Tender status: 1) Participating in tender action 2) mainly not participating but will provide resources 3) not participating at this time

Honorary Members:
mdmoyer, Moyer Industries, Honorable In Flames member; Member Infinity Enterprises Corp
giantkin, Giantkin Inc, Honorable In Flames member
windps, Wind’s International, Honorable In Flames member

Former Members:
BlackTree, BlackTree
Abbots, Abbots Incorporated
Enlight, Ahmed Enterprise   

Message list:  

2.07.2015, 18:52

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Sometimes the best way is to increase the size of the store.

You can experiment with workers and wage. You get instant feedback as to service level unlike the 20 minute wait for seeing if your top manager can handle it.

Separate question:
What do you plan to do with towels and carpets? The price for towels is lousy. The price for carpets is high. Should one go in with Tech 1 factories to get a jump? Or is it better to research a higher tech before started to manufacture and sell? 

2.07.2015, 20:39

BlackTree
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
BlackTree

I have a question. What happens if in a city are exhausted unemployed workers? It is no longer possible to hire workers? The '' average salary '' increases? Thank you in advance. 

2.07.2015, 23:20

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

As far as I know, it is still possible to hire workers, but only with paying an extra one time price for new employees, because the new employees will not come from the city but they will be immigrants from the countryside and other cities.
But I might be wrong.

Guys am I right? 

3.07.2015, 00:52

Last time edited : 3.07.2015, 00:53

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

yes you are right, but overpaying is not necessary. those immigrants will overpopulate the city to give mayor interesting problems to deal with, not really changing a thing in companies' ledgers. 

3.07.2015, 01:00

mdmoyer
Small barrel Eleven years with Virtonomics V sign Ancient Asian symbol of peace Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Haloween pumpkin Frankenstein Mask
Witch Mask World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

@Nitron1 - Depends on the store. If you don't sell a lot at the store increasing its size will only massively increase your costs as well. Increased store size can have just as big of an impact on your qualification as having more employees. Ultimately more employees, qualification and even size all impact the service level of a store. It merits playing around with to find the right mix. I personally try to keep qualification of employees in stores above 3.0 for the best level of service unless its a huge store or demanding market which might warrant higher qual.

@gberdine - I expect a ton of people to build factories today, myself included for both new products. The kicker here is that they BOTH require cotton to make, which will be difficult for most players to acquire the raw materials. I just purchased two new shiny labs that will kick into gear tonight for the techs. I have not decided if I plan to really do both but I am going to play with them a bit. I don't have enough excess cotton to cover both products so I would eventually have to make a choice, but I'm still researching the tech regardless.

@BlackTree/Sulaco - Yes if unemployment of a city is at 0.00% then you can certainly still higher people but they considered migrants to the city and come from some mysterious unknown land (supposedly from neighboring town or rural areas but in reality they come from thin air). Cities that have 0.00% unemployment will see their average city salary rate rise since employees are  hot commodities and their little digital selves know it. You do also pay more initially to hire them as well. 

3.07.2015, 04:53

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

@mdmoyer: I had another look at the prices for carpets. Each carpet requires 20 cotton fiber. I saw local prices of $13k, though I did not do an extensive check. Given that you will initially have to sell below local price until you research Tech 2, I am wondering if the return on each cotton fiber will not be worth the cost. I brought 2 labs out of mothballs to start researching the new factory techs. I think I will wait until I get a few techs under my belt before producing. You can get up to Tech 5 without a factory for stage 3. 

3.07.2015, 17:47

Nitron1
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Nitron International

What does technology level do in the animal farm ? 

3.07.2015, 18:51

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Higher output quality; The technology level decides about 50% of the output quality, the rest depends on the livestock and forage. 

3.07.2015, 20:05

BlackTree
l:
BlackTree

Thanks to Sulaco, Wonson and mdmoyer for the reply. 

3.07.2015, 21:59

Last time edited : 3.07.2015, 22:11

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Why worry Well
You can test this for your own: rent a store in an overpopulated city (i.e: Sochi) and hire one employee to see if the salary is more than city average indicated on macro-economics page. (perhaps one of the most simple test stores that you don't even need to wait for next update)

PS: also, the initial cost of hiring must be the same CityAverageSalary/2. 

4.07.2015, 07:44

Nitron1
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Nitron International

how to sell diesel to government?
do i have to sell it from refinary or warehouse? 

4.07.2015, 09:58

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

I think it does not matter.

Watch out for your bauxite, there were 96,000 units for wholesale @ $84. I ordered them all just to hide it. 

4.07.2015, 18:08

Nitron1
l:
Nitron International

hi, i have won my first virt from tender. Thanks to all of you who provided me the info needed to win the tender Well 

4.07.2015, 21:33

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Congratulations! Hopefully (read: Probably) more will followVery we! 

6.07.2015, 17:26

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

1st Project

I think we need to start with something easy that all members and partake in.  

I propose restaurants.

Why Restaurants?
- Lots of members mentioned food as a good first project.  Food and livestock are both restaurant inputs
- Food items are probably something members won't mind contributing as they are not high margin
- Extra food produced can be wholesaled, retailed, used for tenders, etc.
- Restaurants give political power (mayor)
- corp members could take jobs: run restaurants, process crops, grow crops

What would overall strategy/goal be?  Obtain a certain restaurant market share for corp?  Concentrate on one area of world?  Dominate a few types of restaurants?  build member restaurant qualification as fast as possible to a target level?  Build competency in a way that we can later leverage for tenders?  Focus on restaurants with non-premium or premium inputs?

Everyone please reply and answer these questions (including honorary members)
Is restaurants a good starting project in your opinion?  
What part of chain (what job) would you be interested in if we do restaurants?
What materials would you supply (if any, new companies may just want to run restaurants and not supply inputs)?
What should our restaurant strategy be? 

List of forums -> Lien-> In Flames We Trust – Corp Thread