Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Introduce yourself here

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 13.08.2009, 16:23

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 09:34

VLTrader

It's interesting for me (and I suppose not only for me) what people play virtonomics. Who are they? Students, workers or maybe scientists? What for are u playing virta? Is it only game for u or perhaps smth more(like simulator of real economic and u could make useful findings for real life). So I offer u to answer some questions:

1. Your name
2. Your country, city
3. What are u?
4. Your age(if (your_sex == female) {u may not to answer} Very we!)
5. Languages u could speak
6. About yourself
7. Why do u like this game
8. Your aim in this game
9. Maybe smth elseWell

U may answer all this questions in free style.
Thanks u for answers.

Message list:  

3.02.2011, 14:57

gunslinger1988
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Jyotirmaya
2. Mumbai,India
3. Student in Economics (for real!)
4. 22
5. English, Hindi
6. Like strategy games, fantasy novels and fantasy and sci-fi movies. Guess I'm an escapist?
7. ^This. I can also understand how little I have actually learnt as an Economics major.
8. Have a nice community of individuals you can chat with, and do some kind of in game activities with.
9. Things I find lacking in this game - Alliances. Group activities. Tender system. I can't even win one tender now, kind of pissing off that strong people get stronger until they get bored, and smaller players have to wait for them to get bored. I wonder if admin realizes that this is quite a crappy idea if they want to retain players, the leading players need challenges and good friends to stay in the game and smaller players need a good social structure to interact with and methods to grow quickly. 

3.02.2011, 23:02

Last time edited : 10.06.2011, 11:50

illuvatarm
Four years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
illuv inc.

1. Jurgen
2. Milan, Itlay
3. System/Network administrator
4. 31
5. English, Italian, Dutch
6. Geek ?
7. I like games of this kind, so I give it a shot
8. Put up a nice bussiness, make some nice business aliance
9. ? 

9.02.2011, 22:48

Dude_Wes
Nine years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

1. Hello everyone, my name is Wes
2. I am from the USA, Oklahoma.
3. I currently am expanding my opportunities as an PhD candidate in Engineering.
4. Male
5. English, C++, Basic (you asked for languages)
6. Old enough to know better, too young to care.
7. This game is interesting in that it has the possibility to teach us a lot about business. As an engineer I understand that a lot of the major problems we encounter have to do with the supply chain and ensuring the quality is sufficiently high. This game allows me to try many different models of expansion.
8. My goal is to grow and then become the sole producer of one single good. I haven't decided which one that will be yet.
9. As a second goal I want to encourage market dynamics that are more favorable for beginning players. A campaign I am calling "Helping Hands" 

19.02.2011, 01:25

TFonseca

Hi

1.My name is Tiago Fonseca

2. I live in Caldas da Rainha , Portugal

3. I'm a Business Management student at Lusiada University in Lisbon

4. 21

5. Portuguese,English, and Spanish (sort of)

6. Besides studying i'm also beginning to give a hand on the family business ( Kitchen furniture) and helping with some publishing in the area of E-learning technologies Vs ethical and social dilemmas

7. Mostly the same reasons that i've read here, it is in my area off interests, does not take me a lot of time to play, and it is one more introduction to the business environment

8. No peculiar aim, just try to understand it, play it, and if possible take all of the rival company's to the ground ( yeh sure, i'll probably be lucky if i don't bankrupt mine in the first week or so)

9. Something else something else, I actually don't know. But if someone have some questions fell free to ask, just don't ask me how to play the game, i'm still trying to figure that out. 
T.Fonseca

19.02.2011, 23:56

Slow_Slosh
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Five years with Virtonomics

1) Samuel
2) USA, Kansas, Wichita
3) Computer programmer for an insurance company
4) 34 Male
5) English
6) I stated programming at age 12.  I have a BS in Computer Science.  
7) I enjoy challenging problems; this game looked like a good one.
8) Currently it to control the Jewelry market in Kazakhstan.
9) A suggestion for the game;

*) Stock Market to give players a way to raise capital, by issuing share in their company, and a financial market to play with. 

8.03.2011, 22:04

Tiara of the participant of Miss Virtonomics-2010 Maecenas of Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Tatt
2. Russia, Togliatty
3. Economist of department of supply
4. 24, female
5. Russian, English
6. I love sports
7. There are many interesting people here. Game gives the chance to think))
8. To develop. Development is life
9. I will be glad to get acquainted) write to personal mail please (to Tattka)
To wink 

13.03.2011, 21:18

hjvfirf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1.Anastasiya (Bonita)
2.Belarus/Minsk
3.The student. The international tourism.
4.25 female
5.Russian. English-Slightly. Spanish-study.
6.I love a variety.
7.I play here for a long time. But this any more that game that was earlier. So likely on a habit here I am.
8.Dialogue.

And still. At me 3 crowns of Ms. in this game;)

Forgive if it is crookedly written. As could) 
Todo que debo, es anotado en el Codigo Fiscal. Todo que no debe - en Delincuente. ¡El resto - sus suposiciones!

15.03.2011, 13:29

Maxfratt
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Three years with Virtonomics

Hi all

1. Massimo
2. Italy, Milan
3. naval engineer, employed  in a ship classification and product certification society
4. 34
5. Italian, English
6. Father of a little boy 10 month old, i love sports like sailing, golf , ski, and ride my hd motorbike,  
7. recently i have partecipate to an internal training for business administration with a business game, i loved it, so i looked for something similar ..and i'm here
8. mmm too eary to say, first don't make a  bankrupt 

18.03.2011, 15:26

Hughes

Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin Hughes, and I am 53 and live in Mount Gambier, South Australia.

I work as an accountant, and so the business aspects of the game interest me more than anything else.

The other good thing about this game is that it is turn-based. I lead a very busy real life, so this game is something I can take an interest in after my working day is over. 

21.04.2011, 15:34

MeltdownZA

Hello!

1. Greg Quinn
2. Durban, South Africa
3. Software/Hobby Game Developer
4. Age 33, Male
5. English
6. Someone who wants to learn more about business and learn from this game
7. Think it is really a great place to learn about the basics of doing business and economics.
8. To build a big corporation and see how its done. 

8.05.2011, 07:00

Pinguin101

1. Kyle
2. United States
3. High school Student
4. 18, Male
5. English
6. Korean American, last year of Highschool, in fact I only have like 10 more days til I'm done. Then I'm thinking about enlisting with the military, then go to a business school.
7. Have no clue if I like this game, haven't started playing yet. To you
8. To learn.
9. I like to play games, for a while I played Runescape, and I loved merching in the game with their system called the Grand Exchange, (it's almost like the stock market, but instead of companies it's in game items).

I love anime/cartoons, I can scuba dive, and I like to perform the following:
- Magic
- Fire Breathing/Eating
- Escapology 

22.05.2011, 11:49

Tengkulak

1. Yudhy

2. Indonesia, Yogyakarta

3. Medical Practitioner & Entrepreneur

4. Male 31

5. Indonesian, English

6. I enjoy my daily activity as a doctor and I run small business

7. Practice and make new friends

8. No particular aims.

9. Unfortunately there are no banks 

8.06.2011, 19:45

flordv
Three years with Virtonomics

1. Floris
2. The Netherlands
3. International Business and Management student
4. 24, Male
5. Dutch, English
6. I enjoy hanging out with friends and playing sports
7. I think its the most comprehensive business simulation online
8. Build a big multinational virtual corporation
9. I miss trading on the stock markets in this game, besides that its great! 

10.06.2011, 00:59

master_zu
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

1. Patrick
2. France, Paris
3. computer engineer, System Admin in fact Well Linux Rulz !!!
4. too old to be here, but I'm like to play
5. French and English
6. I like webgame ... and explore new domain
7. just a beginner, but I like complex games
8. learn the basics about economical processes
9. I plan to Create a French Club of Players .... Allez les gars et gonz, contactez moi Well  
Jean-Patrick Le Richard, French Player

14.06.2011, 04:32.     Subject: First post

CoolHandLuke

Indiana USA
Student/ Business Major
I have an interview for Honda this week, but they do not pay that well.
Old guy
English and  very little Spanish
I love playing the game, I can not win any Virts so I have given up on that. Points are WAY too costly IMO
I have gotten to the point of wanting to make Game World "business contacts" and meeting new people.

I will try to start becoming more active as time permits. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Introduce yourself here