Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

12.03.2016, 00:13

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Jayman
I tried the copy and paste functions but it still takes so much longer to generate, copy and paste every update that I switched back to the older version of your script where I can adjust supplies and set prices in 1/10th the time.

Celio
After the update, some of my settings seem to change to "don't change..." and I had to use the "generate" again.
So, I configure my settings one more time and suddenly they were reset all over again.
Do you know why this is happening?

The update from 12.0.10 and lower to 12.0.11 or higher is the only update where all the options should reset. Every other update should only occasionally reset certain options, however this behavior is prevented as much as possible.

Without update, the options can have been removed because you have cleared the local storage (whether it is manually or automatically), or have run the XioMaintenance-function on a clone. Everything other than that is a bug.

I'll might be doing something on the usability for the next update. Hang in there 

12.03.2016, 17:06

Celio
Eight years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics

I have been making tests, it seems whenever I click in "XioMaintenance" in one subdivision type, it resets the setting of the other subdivision types.
However, I think when I use "XioMaintenance" with no filter (All) the problem doesn't happen. 

12.03.2016, 17:43

Last time edited : 12.03.2016, 17:43

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

XS 12.0.15

The CTIE and Profit Tax price function now sets the price to prime cost instead of 30*IP if the price is higher than 30*IP.
Fixed a bug where the warehouse supply market function would not be delete a contract if a new price in that contract was set.
Removed Copy and Paste functions
Added click and drag selection
The 'continue research' Research function now gives off a message if a new technology level could not be set due to the lab size.
Added step2 for the 'continue research' Research function
Added 'Market PQR' Production Price function
Added '1 year training' Training function
Fixed a bug where filtering on subdivision type with the virtonomics-built functions on the unit list caused removals of options. 

15.03.2016, 00:17

Xantas
Seven years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
m:
Xantas LLC

I think something's wrong: there is no 12.0.15 version on github, only the old 12.0.14+
Did you forget to upload the new version? 

15.03.2016, 01:28

Last time edited : 15.03.2016, 01:30

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

That might very well be the case.
Thanks for noticing!
(Oh, and please check if it is alright now.)

For the ones interested in the Market PQR function: there will be some bug fixes coming soon, so you might want to wait for that. 

16.03.2016, 05:55

Last time edited : 16.03.2016, 06:15

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Tried to do xio maintenance and got long list of missing subdivisions (which I don't own and never owned):
http://postimg.org/image/mxme5hojf/ ...

Btw, thanks for implementing more macro management options. I requested script feedback from some of my corporation members and many players missed the old click and drag functionality. 

16.03.2016, 19:36

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Yes, the script seems to add the options of the subdivisions of other companies you have visited as well. Is fixed in XS 12.0.16.

If you have some other usability ideas I would like to hear those. I especially love easy-to-implement ones. 

17.03.2016, 22:21

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Version XS 12.0.16

Renamed FIRE!-buttons to policy names and subdivision ids.
Added FIRE!-buttons next to the options on subdivision level.
Revamped the layout of the options on subdivision level.
Shortened option names, decreasing the XioOverview width.
Small improvements click and drag selection.
The options will now not show up anymore on foreign companies.
Fixed a bug where the XioMaintenance function would hang if the Research function posted the unsufficient size message.
Technology function Introduce research now does not override licenses anymore.
Added Solar Panels Boosters functions.
Fixed a bug where the Market PQR price function would set the price to prime cost if the factory can only produce one product.
Fixed a bug where the Market PQR price function could set the price to prime cost if the price was higher than $1000.
The Market PQR price function now ignores it's own price when browsing the world market price list.
Fixed a bug where the price functions would unnecessarily update the price.
Added Warehouse Size functions.
Fixed a bug where the Research function would not continue with step2 if hypothesis was not already selected.
Fixed a bug where the Research function would not start a new project even if the size of the laboratory was right.
Significantly reduced the amount of server calls of the Training functions.
Added Advertisement functions.
Fixed a bug where the step2 Research function would mistakenly always take the hypothesis with a 100% success ratio if available.
Fixed a bug where the equipment function sometimes leaves unrepaired parts behind because all stock of a supplier was bought up.
Added the equipment functions Required+ and Maximal+.
Fixed a bug where the top manager stats didn't show up for sawmills.
Added the retail supply functions Market%.

Next on the list will be Retail Price functions. 

17.03.2016, 23:35

Celio

Something seems to be wrong when I set "Profit tax" pricing. First, I can't set "Profit tax" to my subdivisions all at once like I do with the other pricing settings. Second, when I set it and change the filter, the "Profit tax" settings are all changed to "Prime cost" or nothing.
I don't know if I explained properly, but it is just to let you know. 

17.03.2016, 23:39

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Got it:

XS 12.0.17

Fixed a bug where the Profit Tax function could not be set due to a in-script naming issue. 

18.03.2016, 21:09.     Subject: Bug - Generate buttons don't work with notes

Last time edited : 18.03.2016, 21:15

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

I've always had problems with the Generate All button. The server calls increase but nothing happens. Sometimes the Generate button doesn't do anything or generates the wrong subdivision. Now that there are buttons with subdivision numbers to the right of the Generate button I see the problem occurs whenever one of the subdivision numbers is listed as 0. The bug is related to notes because subdivisions listed as 0 usually occur after a subdivision with a note and after removing all the notes on the page and reloading it the subdivision numbers and the generate buttons work correctly. I was able to reproduce the bug by adding a note to a subdivision on the page and reloading it. 

18.03.2016, 23:22

Xantas
Seven years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
m:
Xantas LLC

@Jayman

Look at my picture: every note makes buttons shift 1 place down. So, for example, if I want to process "cowshed 3" from XioOverview I need to click 2 buttons below (3641027). This, while waiting for a fix! 

19.03.2016, 00:04

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Seems that we coincidentally got a great catch.
You may have guessed it already but I never use notes so I was not aware of this bug.
I will solve it.
Maximal equipment function throws an error by the way, so you can't use that one now. 

20.03.2016, 16:30

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Version XS 12.0.18

- Fixed a bug where the Equipment Maximal functions would hang if they were trying to repair something.
- The PQR Price function now takes suppliers in account where less than 3 times the maximum supply is sold.
- Notes on the XioOverview screen will not interupt the flow of XioScript anymore.
- Fixed a bug where the supply values set by Service Sector Supply function were mistaken.
- The Warehouse Supply PQR function now tries to find an other supplier if you are blackmailed, as well as leaving a message to say so.
- Added Retail Price functions
- Added Retail Supply functions 

21.03.2016, 01:07

Celio

Could you explain what "the red stat (overflow)" is?

I thought it was the number that if you set below you will still have 100% top manager efficiency.
But it doesn't happen. I lose efficiency even if it is below the "overflow stat" (but above the "maximum stat").

Am I missing something here? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript