Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> XioScript

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.10.2013, 00:06

Last time edited : 11.08.2018, 12:19

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Hey everybody!

Tired of the boring stuff in Virtonomics? You don't want to repair equipment anymore? Forcing all your subdivisions to go to training takes too much of your time? Setting the salary of your employees to the required amount is not fun? XioScript comes to the rescue! Never will you have to do these boring things again. Just set the options to your judgement, click on the execute button, and all subdivisions will be managed on your behalf. So you can focus your Virtonomics time on the interesting stuff.

This forum topic is the place where everything related to XioScript is discussed. In contrast to it's name, it is actually an add-on only supported on the Mozilla Firefox browser. Currently XioScript 14 is still in progress of being made, so if you want some additional functionality you should check out the older XioScript 12. My versions of XioScript 12 (12.0 and 12.1) are outdated and not working anymore, so instead you can pick up Cobr's 12.0.127 version that is working. Note that XioScript 12 really is a script, so a script add-on such as Tampermonkey is required to run, and they can run in other browsers than Firefox as well.

You can find the script/add-on here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/xioscript/
And please post any bugs, features or requests here:
https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/issues

Cobr's 12.0.127:
https://github.com/cobr123/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js

Message list:  

28.02.2016, 23:39

Xantas
Seven years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
m:
Xantas LLC

Wow, you're really fast! Beyond any expectation Very we!
And a really nice idea those Copy and Paste buttons. Thank you vm 

1.03.2016, 23:33

Viraxje
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

I was just wondering about one more thing.
Somewhere on the forum is posted that if it is impossible to max out top 3 this allows you to break top1 maxima and still have 100% efficiency at your factors. So top1 at 120% and top3 at 80% still means 100% efficiency. Since it's quite interesting to push farms etc to the limits would it be possible to implement this in the script? 

1.03.2016, 23:59

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

I have the top manager formula hanging around somewhere, I'm not really sure about it's accuracy, but I think I can just transform it a little bit and see where I can go.
It's on the look-into-it-list 

2.03.2016, 00:02

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Good idea!

And other way around, top1 at 80% and top3 120% Well ideal for factories and livestock.

Maybe an idea to have a script gather all top1 levels of all divisions and show it in a list. 

2.03.2016, 00:06

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

TyStuFF
Maybe an idea to have a script gather all top1 levels of all divisions and show it in a list.

Noted! 

2.03.2016, 23:20

Viraxje
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

Was wondering about one more thing..what is the target customer line about?
On forums they all say max out as many employees to get maximum growth, is this false? 

5.03.2016, 08:22

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

XiozZe
I have the top manager formula hanging around somewhere, I'm not really sure about it's accuracy, but I think I can just transform it a little bit and see where I can go.
It's on the look-into-it-list

I modified an old script to calculate top1 at 120%. You just use the values for a qualification that is 20% higher. For example, if your qualification is 10 then the qualification of workers needed to maximize top1 at 120% is the same as the qualification to maximize top1 at qualification 12. 

5.03.2016, 18:41

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Viraxje
Was wondering about one more thing..what is the target customer line about?
On forums they all say max out as many employees to get maximum growth, is this false?

Increasing the number and the qualification of employees increases the growth. This has a limit however, and that is the values given by the target line: raising the number of employees beyond the target value will not further increase the growth. This limit is determined by your manager qualification without the bonuses.

Jayman

I modified an old script to calculate top1 at 120%. You just use the values for a qualification that is 20% higher. For example, if your qualification is 10 then the qualification of workers needed to maximize top1 at 120% is the same as the qualification to maximize top1 at qualification 12.

That is what my old top manager efficiency formula says as well. Note that this works for technology level too: you can use the tech level for a qualification that is 20% higher. However, your maximum employees of all subdivisions on that field have to be 20% lower to compensate. That's way I'm talking about a formula: 120%-80% exchanges are fine, but maybe you want a 108%-92% instead. The 'overflow' values will be available in XS 12.0.14. 

5.03.2016, 20:08

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

XiozZe
That is what my old top manager efficiency formula says as well. Note that this works for technology level too: you can use the tech level for a qualification that is 20% higher. However, your maximum employees of all subdivisions on that field have to be 20% lower to compensate. That's way I'm talking about a formula: 120%-80% exchanges are fine, but maybe you want a 108%-92% instead. The 'overflow' values will be available in XS 12.0.14.

I mostly overload top1 for mines and ag farms where top3 is always less than 80%.

I know about tech. It gets to be a problem when overloading top3 for factories because the tech level has to be lowered. 

5.03.2016, 20:12

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Xiozze: me (and corporation members) miss the old xio-functions, where we could mark several subdivisions at once to mass-adjust salaries, supplies, etc. Will this functionality ever come back? For large companies it is too much to visit every subdivision.. 

5.03.2016, 20:45

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

mort100
Xiozze: me (and corporation members) miss the old xio-functions, where we could mark several subdivisions at once to mass-adjust salaries, supplies, etc. Will this functionality ever come back? For large companies it is too much to visit every subdivision..

Are you aware of the XioOverview button and the copy and paste functions?
It's a tad slower than the old click and drag, but still a very good substitute.
Look here for more info: https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/wiki/Using-XioScript-12#xiooverview ...  

6.03.2016, 15:10

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

XS 12.0.14 change log

- Fixed a bug where the equipment function would be stuck if XioMaintenance would run for the second time.
- Fixed a bug where the equipment required function would only decrease the equipment quality.
- Fixed a bug where the id of a missing subdivision was not removed properly from the local storage.
- Top Manager stats now include overflow.
- Production supply functions now always fire after technology functions and equipment functions.
- Reduced the amount of server calls for policy and holiday functions
- Added the holiday function "has stock"
- Added the salary function "overflow salary", but only for subdivisions with the new interface
- XioMaintenance Log now groups certain functions together in the display of server calls 

11.03.2016, 19:04

Celio
Eight years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics

After the update, some of my settings seem to change to "don't change..." and I had to use the "generate" again.
So, I configure my settings one more time and suddenly they were reset all over again.
Do you know why this is happening? 

11.03.2016, 21:44

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Celio
After the update, some of my settings seem to change to "don't change..." and I had to use the "generate" again.
So, I configure my settings one more time and suddenly they were reset all over again.
Do you know why this is happening?

The same thing happens to me too except it's all of the settings. It's probably due to a browser setting similar to cookies but I'm not sure which one. 

11.03.2016, 21:50

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

XiozZe
mort100

Are you aware of the XioOverview button and the copy and paste functions?
It's a tad slower than the old click and drag, but still a very good substitute.
Look here for more info: https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/wiki/Using-XioScript-12#xiooverview ...

I tried the copy and paste functions but it still takes so much longer to generate, copy and paste every update that I switched back to the older version of your script where I can adjust supplies and set prices in 1/10th the time. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> XioScript