Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Production qualification only rising by 1% What the??

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 17.05.2010, 22:44

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have 100 factories. They are almost all running 99-100% WHY then is my production qualification only rising by 1% a turn?? It will take 100 days to get 1 level increase in production at this rate. I am making huge profits, I am growing like a weed, but production is not growing at all unless I buy it up. WHY?

- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from factories to warehouses at a loss? If so how and why?
- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from warehouses to stores at a loss? If so how and why?
- Could it be that I have a bunch of factories for sale that are at 0% with no workers in them?
- Could it be that I have a few idle factories not producing with no workers in them, just held waiting for future use?
- Could it be that I Just built several factories and factories and there are no workers in them yet? I am always building.

- Why isnt this info in game??? How stupid is that? There is no forecaster for qualification and no way to figure out how this game works, its trial by bankruptcy or disaster here, trial by loss of tens of millions only and wasted time.

I will add a vote to this that they release information on how the qualification increase system works, so that we can actually play this game instead of spending countless hours trying to figure out how it works.   

• Page:
Message list:  

29.05.2010, 04:03

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Does anyone know what level factories you need to have relative to your production qual level in order to get at least SOME production qual growth? I have been at 0% since I started this game, over a month. I am at 1.2% only right now To you This is brutal. It will take 100 days for me to get even one point in production qual growth. Idle factories are not supposed to count against your growth so clearly something else is wrong in this broken system other then just the size of factories as I have about 25% big 50% medium and 25% small facts, all running 100% and STILL NO production growth whatsoever. 

29.05.2010, 09:48

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

I'd appreciate if you could introduce yourself here: http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/27468/view ...

You still didn't understand and follow all the suggestions, fixed your company according to VLLord's tables.

a) if your Top Manager/ Office efficiency is below 100% (you have to many or over-qualified workers in the office and/or factories and maybe also to many warehouses)  that will reduce factory efficiency

b) many idle factories DO COUNT against growth of qualification because they WASTE capital

Your furniture factories won't be sold because nobody has a use for it and there's still plenty of others on the market.
Close them down. Efficiency problem can be resolved completely in 1-3 turns, it just depends how many things are set for failure in your company and how clearly you communicate and swiftly implement our suggestions:
Fix offices first, then the controlled subdivisions. 

29.05.2010, 10:44.     Subject: hi

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

Honor mines at .025 growth 

29.05.2010, 13:12

Honorchamp

All my offices run 100% all the time yet i still only get about 11% management growth and I cant figure out why.

Idle factories don't waste any capital at all in fact they make money, and I have sold plenty of them. I have closed some, and it makes no difference in production growth yet. thanks for the suggestions there mico. I will try eliminating more I guess since its only 120 million in assets or so. Pretty dumb that I would have to do that though, penalized for making sound investment decisions, not good game design. 

29.05.2010, 21:28

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 21:30

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

I agree that invest into and maintain those factories is reasonable if you're gonna buy 30 saw mills of 2500m2 in the near future and make use of them.

0.11 is not to bad but you know from http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100391/view ...
that with Q19 > .187  is possible but it takes 100% efficiency in the factories and mills for that.

Less than 100% efficiency is not caused by to many factories on holiday! Put as many factories on holiday until only 45962 workers are active/not on holiday.

If a factory is not on 100% efficiency after the update it either has to many workers or they are over-qualified 

30.05.2010, 08:33

Honorchamp

Fractal
The idea of a game like this is to develop a strategy that works within the confines of the game, not to redesign the game to fit in with your predefined strategy.
THAT is why you get the minuses.

Do you play other types of games? Action, platform, RPG?
Are you the type of person that gets the cheats for games before you've even played them?
If I had to guess...

I never cheat, never use cheat codes, I dont lie, dont steal, dont misrepresent. I just get frustrated and call for change out loud. Cheat codes destroy the fun and integrity of a game. I dont clone here nor will I unless the rules say you can which they dont. 

30.05.2010, 08:35

Honorchamp

Mike1

b) many idle factories DO COUNT against growth of qualification because they WASTE capital

How does the relationship work here Mico with this? How do idle factories somehow count against growth of qual? And how is it wasting capital buy a factory for 25 cents on the dollar? 

30.05.2010, 10:53

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Honorchamp
Pretty dumb that I would have to do that though, penalized for making sound investment decisions, not good game design.

You still don't get it.
If cost is greater than benefit it is NOT a sound investment decision.

That is the same as playing a stock market simulation, buying a whole bunch of shares then blaming poor game design if the shares fall in value. 

30.05.2010, 14:21

Honorchamp

Fractal
You say you are being penalised for a smart investment, but how can that be a smart investment if it means running below optimum efficiency? Do you think you were the only one to see those furniture factories for sale? Do you think it was generosity of the seller/s that lead to the cheap prices? There are many more factors to look at than just price.
In terms of "reality" I'm not sure any manager worth his salt would purchase 60 factories and leave them to sit idle..

Tell that to Donald Trump's face then. He is the king of what you just said. I have bough all kinds of factories, and I have sold quite a few so far in fact, at much higher than I bought them for. In fact I have made more than a 1000 % return on some, so it has been VERY profitable and a very smart investment indeed. I must obviously be worth at least 1000% more than a grain of salt then by your standards. ;)

Also, I had no idea that holding idle factories would effect my production growth. VLL and an admin have both told me it doesnt not/should not affect it. It doesnt hurt my efficiencies in offices etc. It does bog down my offices though, which I was willing to do at the time as I had tons of spare capacity and it would take me time to build into and I still have not built fully into. I am starting to get squeezed though for capacity so I might start dumping some idle investment facts.
The jury is out on the production qual growth effect though, I have been at 0 growth for a whole month now almost. 

30.05.2010, 14:24

Honorchamp

Fractal
Honorchamp
Pretty dumb that I would have to do that though, penalized for making sound investment decisions, not good game design.

You still don't get it.
If cost is greater than benefit it is NOT a sound investment decision.

That is the same as playing a stock market simulation, buying a whole bunch of shares then blaming poor game design if the shares fall in value.

The cost was NOT greater than the benefit. The cost was significantly less as I said, that is why I bought them and was reselling. I have sold many and made significant profit more than 1000% on some so obviously is IS a VERY sound investment decision. You just dont get it. 

30.05.2010, 14:25

Honorchamp

P.S. VLLord and an admin have BOTH told me that holding idle factories will NOT affect my production growth whatsoever, so this isnt it. (I am still skeptical though because something is holding it down to zero.) 

30.05.2010, 14:30

Honorchamp

Mike1
I agree that invest into and maintain those factories is reasonable if you're gonna buy 30 saw mills of 2500m2 in the near future and make use of them.

0.11 is not to bad but you know from http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100391/view ...
that with Q19 > .187  is possible but it takes 100% efficiency in the factories and mills for that.

Less than 100% efficiency is not caused by to many factories on holiday! Put as many factories on holiday until only 45962 workers are active/not on holiday.

If a factory is not on 100% efficiency after the update it either has to many workers or they are over-qualified

This is interesting Mico I didnt see it. Do you think adding workers to these idle facts and then putting them on holiday will solve my prod qual issue? Do you think haveing idle facts would hurt my prod qual growth? I am trying to solve this and keep these facts as I just dont feel right flushing 150 million+ down the toilet closing them all.

Also, I dont know why you guys are having such a hard time with this but buying factories for 25 cents on the dollar to resell them at a later time for a 400% return to as much as a 1000% return, and getting free use of them in the meantime is not only a sound investment decision but a GREAT ONE. 1+9=10. Get it? 

30.05.2010, 14:46

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

Honorchamp
Mike1

How does the relationship work here Mico with this? How do idle factories somehow count against growth of qual? And how is it wasting capital buy a factory for 25 cents on the dollar?

first of all... what is your qualification growth today, after reducing worker quality?

your answers:
1. i didn't make the game so i don't know more than what was posted by admins in other threads.
2. There's a difference between SPECULATION and sound investment decisions. Selling "a few" with profit doesn't mean you can break even on the total investment. How about "time is money"??

I mainly talk with you to help fixing your efficiency problem, if you just want to argue about every detail... get a wife. 

30.05.2010, 14:54

Last time edited : 30.05.2010, 14:56

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

Do you think adding workers to these idle facts and then putting them on holiday will solve my prod qual issue?
>> i don't know but 1 worker may be enough for putting a subdiv to holiday.  However, i am talking about to many ACTIVE workers, not empty or idle factories. Every subdivision shows you "Total number of employees on profile qualification". if that number is to high it hurts Q growth

Do you think haveing idle facts would hurt my prod qual growth?
>> see above post. Admin confirmed this in another thread but we don't know the gravity of the effect.

I am trying to solve this and keep these facts as I just dont feel right flushing 150 million+ down the toilet closing them all.
>> First priority: 100% efficiency. Fix it first and keep your idle factories.

Also, I dont know why you guys are having such a hard time with this but buying factories for 25 cents on the dollar to resell them at a later time for a 400% return to as much as a 1000% return, and getting free use of them in the meantime is not only a sound investment decision but a GREAT ONE. 1+9=10. Get it?
>> I think i've given you numbers for this: because its to many factories considering the worldwide supply of resources needed to run this type of factories. 

30.05.2010, 15:53

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

.....if you just want to argue about every detail... get a wife.

Very we!I roll!To youCheerfullyNot precisely 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Production qualification only rising by 1% What the??

• Page: