Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Production qualification only rising by 1% What the??

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 17.05.2010, 22:44

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have 100 factories. They are almost all running 99-100% WHY then is my production qualification only rising by 1% a turn?? It will take 100 days to get 1 level increase in production at this rate. I am making huge profits, I am growing like a weed, but production is not growing at all unless I buy it up. WHY?

- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from factories to warehouses at a loss? If so how and why?
- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from warehouses to stores at a loss? If so how and why?
- Could it be that I have a bunch of factories for sale that are at 0% with no workers in them?
- Could it be that I have a few idle factories not producing with no workers in them, just held waiting for future use?
- Could it be that I Just built several factories and factories and there are no workers in them yet? I am always building.

- Why isnt this info in game??? How stupid is that? There is no forecaster for qualification and no way to figure out how this game works, its trial by bankruptcy or disaster here, trial by loss of tens of millions only and wasted time.

I will add a vote to this that they release information on how the qualification increase system works, so that we can actually play this game instead of spending countless hours trying to figure out how it works.   

• Page:
Message list:  

30.05.2010, 15:57

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Mike1
Honorchamp
Mike1

I mainly talk with you to help fixing your efficiency problem, if you just want to argue about every detail... get a wife.

Yes

30.05.2010, 15:59

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

sorry to hijack this thread - but if anyone is still reading this, esp newbies ---- what Mike said = too many furniture factories for not enough demand and supplies.

what Fractal said = quite a few players have looked at the factories Honorchamp has on offer and DECIDED not to buy them for sound virto economic reasons.

to spell it out --- think again, research and be SURE before you buy one of honorchamp's factories, esp at 1000% profit for him 

30.05.2010, 16:06

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Honorchamp
I have bough all kinds of factories, and I have sold quite a few so far in fact, at much higher than I bought them for. In fact I have made more than a 1000 % return on some, so it has been VERY profitable and a very smart investment indeed. I must obviously be worth at least 1000% more than a grain of salt then by your standards. ;)

I don't know where you got a grain of salt from, but anyway...
The "smart investment" in question was the 60 furniture factories. How many of them have you sold for 1000% return? 

30.05.2010, 16:09

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Fractal
Honorchamp
I have bough all kinds of factories, and I have sold quite a few so far in fact, at much higher than I bought them for. In fact I have made more than a 1000 % return on some, so it has been VERY profitable and a very smart investment indeed. I must obviously be worth at least 1000% more than a grain of salt then by your standards. ;)

I don't know where you got a grain of salt from, but anyway...
The "smart investment" in question was the 60 furniture factories. How many of them have you sold for 1000% return?
Funny, I just bought a furniture factory, and I purchased it from someone who wasn't Honorchamp, mainly Ixnad, because it was convenient for me. It was done mainly to use up the wood from my sawmill, and the main customer was, funnily enough Honorchamp. 

31.05.2010, 06:47

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Mike1
Do you think haveing idle facts would hurt my prod qual growth?
>> see above post. Admin confirmed this in another thread but we don't know the gravity of the effect.

Interesting. Do you happen to have the link to the thread?

In a sticky thread Mike told me for max growth, you will need to hit or near the cap for total number of workers and for single subdivision settings. I think that's the problem for honor's slow production growth. On Lien realm, I intentionally increased worker qualification in a few of my factories, and I did see an increase in production growth. And after I set worker qualification back, the growth reverted back too. I will be doing this over and over and report back.

warfreak

Funny, I just bought a furniture factory, and I purchased it from someone who wasn't Honorchamp, mainly Ixnad, because it was convenient for me. It was done mainly to use up the wood from my sawmill, and the main customer was, funnily enough Honorchamp.

Thanks for the purchase. So-so I would totally have more furniture factories, if I have the wood to do so. Man, Mary is no Lien, such a shortage of timber. Mary should be renamed to Mars.Not precisely 

31.05.2010, 10:32

Last time edited : 31.05.2010, 10:34

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Hi Ixnad, i remember i was told about idle factories a while ago,  weeded them out and it helped, but i can't find back the info.  Maybe someone else can comment on this? 

6.06.2010, 10:23

Last time edited : 6.06.2010, 10:26

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I haven't sold any furniture factories for a 1000% return, but I have still made money on some of their purchases and sales or build and sales etc. There is nothing wrong with making a profit, and hey Fractal and Mico if you want to say there is no money to be made in any kind of operation like this okay fine whatever Well Go ahead and insult me for making a profit thats okay I dont mind, sticks and stones guys and thank you for showing your true colors Mico.

Oh and I ended up closing down many of the furn factories because I finally closed the gap on my capacity and needed more suddenly as was growing like a weed. I still netted + by far on those 60 though, sold many of them and I have about 15 running. Mico said it makes no sense to do this and there isnt enough wood on the serve to run them but I can run 15 on one measly woodmill and can run 30+ on my purchases alone so he is wrong there, he just doesnt like me and called me a bitch on other threads. Nice behavior for a so called moderator. 

7.06.2010, 19:34

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Honorchamp

Mico said it makes no sense to do this and there isnt enough wood on the server to run them but I can run 15 on one measly woodmill

Maybe I miss something Honorchamp, but how can you run with 1 woodmill 15 furniture factory?
1 max size woodmill produce 25K woods plus tech.
1 furniture factory consume 45K, 12.5K,100K, 25K, 25K plus tech, woods respectively with producing upholster furniture, leather furniture, wooden furniture, mirror, furniture.

You can at best run 2 furniture factory with one woodmill, if you produce leather furniture, otherwise you need way more.

So it doesnt add up what you are saying. 

7.06.2010, 20:38

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Deira
Honorchamp

Mico said it makes no sense to do this and there isnt enough wood on the server to run them but I can run 15 on one measly woodmill

Maybe I miss something Honorchamp, but how can you run with 1 woodmill 15 furniture factory?
1 max size woodmill produce 25K woods plus tech.
1 furniture factory consume 45K, 12.5K,100K, 25K, 25K plus tech, woods respectively with producing upholster furniture, leather furniture, wooden furniture, mirror, furniture.

You can at best run 2 furniture factory with one woodmill, if you produce leather furniture, otherwise you need way more.

So it doesnt add up what you are saying.

I can attest to that. I am producing 40K Upholster Furnitures and 2.5K Furnitures (for total of 7 factories) and it requires 10 max size woodmills at tech 9. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Production qualification only rising by 1% What the??

• Page: