Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Production qualification only rising by 1% What the??

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 17.05.2010, 22:44

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have 100 factories. They are almost all running 99-100% WHY then is my production qualification only rising by 1% a turn?? It will take 100 days to get 1 level increase in production at this rate. I am making huge profits, I am growing like a weed, but production is not growing at all unless I buy it up. WHY?

- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from factories to warehouses at a loss? If so how and why?
- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from warehouses to stores at a loss? If so how and why?
- Could it be that I have a bunch of factories for sale that are at 0% with no workers in them?
- Could it be that I have a few idle factories not producing with no workers in them, just held waiting for future use?
- Could it be that I Just built several factories and factories and there are no workers in them yet? I am always building.

- Why isnt this info in game??? How stupid is that? There is no forecaster for qualification and no way to figure out how this game works, its trial by bankruptcy or disaster here, trial by loss of tens of millions only and wasted time.

I will add a vote to this that they release information on how the qualification increase system works, so that we can actually play this game instead of spending countless hours trying to figure out how it works.   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.05.2010, 23:05

Last time edited : 17.05.2010, 23:20

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from factories to warehouses at a loss? If so how and why?
Yes Higher sale price -> bigger taxes ->  faster qualification growth
- Could it be that I am selling goods to myself from warehouses to stores at a loss? If so how and why?
Not so
- Could it be that I have a bunch of factories for sale that are at 0% with no workers in them?
Not so
- Could it be that I have a few idle factories not producing with no workers in them, just held waiting for future use?
Not so
- Could it be that I Just built several factories and factories and there are no workers in them yet? I am always building.
Not so

And main reason: your factories are small and load of top2 isn't enough. Increase their size(~4000 wp will be good for you now). 

17.05.2010, 23:38

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Honorchamp
What do you mean load of top 2 isnt enough? What is "load of top2"?

If you're able to manage max 4000 workers at one factory and you're managing only 400, it means that your top2 load isn't enough. 

18.05.2010, 01:30

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Haha why the agressive writing style. It's just a game Yes
You can just buy enough gamepoints to just buy your Q to the max Yes

But your true that not every thing is explained in english. The russians probably the explainations Very we! 

18.05.2010, 06:26

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I dont know, its just how I emphasize things. I sound a lot more frustrated in my writing style then I do in real life. I can say everything I said with a smile on my face and if someone was here and saw me and heard me they would think its funny as hell and laugh, a lot of funny sarcasm in it, but people dont see that online. Its the influence of the americans on me as I lived in the USA for a bunch of years. They use a lot of sarcasm in their humor and it can be quite funny if you understand it ;)

I LOVE this game, it rules, but it could rule 10 times harder if it wasnt so problematic. 

19.05.2010, 00:38

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

VLLord
Yes Higher sale price -> bigger taxes ->  faster qualification growth
Not so
Not so
Not so
Not so

And main reason: your factories are small and load of top2 isn't enough. Increase their size(~4000 wp will be good for you now).

Hi V, do factories that have workers on holiday decrease growth? I seem to remember in another thread JuleBCN said so. Also, do you need to have a factory's regional office at near 100% load to have maximum possible growth? 

19.05.2010, 13:51

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Ixnad

Hi V, do factories that have workers on holiday decrease growth? I seem to remember in another thread JuleBCN said so. Also, do you need to have a factory's regional office at near 100% load to have maximum possible growth?

Maybe -1% from your current growth.

It's not important. 

20.05.2010, 03:35

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

VLLord
Ixnad

Maybe -1% from your current growth.

It's not important.

Hmm ok. Then I guess my workers can carry on with their holiday. Very we! 

25.05.2010, 09:22

Honorchamp

I increased the prices on my goods coming from factories, made most of them profitable.....STILL 0% production growth. What the???? what else could it be....ohhhhhh top load isnt enough. Omg that is the most stupid rule imagainable. I am sure I will get a few minuses for daring to complain about the flaws in this game, well then go ahead and minus me. I am only supposed to praise it huh? Brutal of you to minus someone who is having LEGITIMATE frustrations with obvious poor game design. It is you who is the minus for minusing someone who is just bringing up concerns. 

Looking for low priced goods, steady trading partners, and open to any business opportunity!!
- Currently blacklisting any suppliers who cancel without mail or price increases instead. This game needs a time/price contract feature with fines of 10% for whoever cancels early.

Bankrupted 3 times by game bugs.
1. Office Efficiency Bug - top mgr low eff makes all company employees stop working completely. UNREALISTIC!!!
2. Warehouse Bug - rent skyrockets to 1.5 Million instead of $10,000 when office efficiency is low. AGAIN UNREALISTIC!!!!
3. Warehouse bug again.

P.S. Suppliers, try to email your customers if you are making a change that will cancel orders. Don't just jack up the prices without letting people know, this ruins supplies for their stores. - If you buy from me I wont cancel you intentionally without a mail if I can help it.

25.05.2010, 14:44

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

People minus you for presenting your concerns as constant ranting rather than in a friendly way, not for being critical or asking questions. You keep asking and complaining about the same thing over and over again, getting answers and ignoring them makes you kind of a spammer.

I'll point it out again: You produce "around" 5000 furnitures. Even if you make leather furniture, they can be produced in 10 factories with 1000 workers. But you have > 60 factories for this. (in your wordsWell WTF??? 

26.05.2010, 17:47

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

The idea of a game like this is to develop a strategy that works within the confines of the game, not to redesign the game to fit in with your predefined strategy.
THAT is why you get the minuses.

Do you play other types of games? Action, platform, RPG?
Are you the type of person that gets the cheats for games before you've even played them?
If I had to guess... 

26.05.2010, 17:54

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Your people management sucks so your total qualification is set to a lower lvl I roll!

To destroy your reputation takes a short while, building it up will take ages. 

28.05.2010, 08:49

Honorchamp

If you guys would take a look and notice, I get frustrated at the game design, not any of you fellow players. I rant but its in general, I dont pick apart anyone personally or insult anyone. My concerns are obvious LEGITIMATE concerns of frustration. I listen to your advice to help, which I greatly appreciate, but even if you guys have figured out a way to massage the broken system so you can play it, it doesnt mean the system isnt still broken. I like to speak out again broken systems, like this one is, so that it will become better. I noticed early on many people complaining on the forum that countless approaches at times have been made in a non aggressive way to the admins to make changes and nothing happened. That didnt work so well. Im not trying to be an ass, but I like to try and get things done and sometimes that takes a more assertive tell it how it is approach. Yes it rubs some people the wrong way sometimes who are thin skinned but well what can you do?

The reason I have 60+ furniture factories is I got them for less then half price. Why the heck cant I buy up a bunch of investments with my cash????? Am I limited in any way in real life from doing so? NO. Then WHY do they limit me in this game??? It makes no sense its a clearly broken system. Totally not reality and a bad simulation of business in that regard. I made a smart investment and I am penalized heavily for doing so. That is crap. Now, you guys are telling me it is a possible issue that I am holding idle factories as an investment. Is that bad in real life? No of course not, but it is here, its broken. Someone should complain so complain I do. When the admins fix it for the benefit of everyone, it will be to my credit for acting on this. So dont give me such a hard time.

I am working hard to get this game fixed from being broken to being kick ass. Too passive an approach and people dont bother, a good push where is it DESERVED makes people wake up and smell some coffee sometimes. We could all use a good kick in the ass, and I appreciate your guys booting me so that I can be more diplomatic (not my strong suit but im trying to get better) Maybe I am too used to the business world where a touch of ruthless get the job done and high expectations is a little much for the community approach.

Thanks guys, lets get this game fixed!! It should represent real life and real business to a T. That means FREEDOM without unrealistic penalization. Business is mega complex and the game will be enriched by allowing the freedom within it. 

Looking for low priced goods, steady trading partners, and open to any business opportunity!!
- Currently blacklisting any suppliers who cancel without mail or price increases instead. This game needs a time/price contract feature with fines of 10% for whoever cancels early.

Bankrupted 3 times by game bugs.
1. Office Efficiency Bug - top mgr low eff makes all company employees stop working completely. UNREALISTIC!!!
2. Warehouse Bug - rent skyrockets to 1.5 Million instead of $10,000 when office efficiency is low. AGAIN UNREALISTIC!!!!
3. Warehouse bug again.

P.S. Suppliers, try to email your customers if you are making a change that will cancel orders. Don't just jack up the prices without letting people know, this ruins supplies for their stores. - If you buy from me I wont cancel you intentionally without a mail if I can help it.

28.05.2010, 13:33

Last time edited : 28.05.2010, 13:40

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

A good business man will adapt to existing environment and invest his energy to be successful and make money anyway, not wasting time on unreachable tasks like trying to change the world.

No sane business will lock up their assets in 50 factories which they will - maybe - need 10 years later. Check this out:

1. In this mary world, 70 companies produce about 1 Million wood a day. To process all that wood in the world and make furnitures:

a) leather furniture: 1 Million wood = 200000 furnitures /2500  = 80 factories needed

b) wooden furniture 1 Million wood = 100000 furnitures /10000  = 10 factories needed

2. Christian Company LLC = around 20'000 wood daily production =  4000 leather furniture made in  < than 2 factories
OR 2000 wooden furniture made in < 1 factory

Based on own = secure resources, your company maintains a potential overcapacity of 1000 - 8000%. 

28.05.2010, 15:15

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

You say you are being penalised for a smart investment, but how can that be a smart investment if it means running below optimum efficiency? Do you think you were the only one to see those furniture factories for sale? Do you think it was generosity of the seller/s that lead to the cheap prices? There are many more factors to look at than just price.
In terms of "reality" I'm not sure any manager worth his salt would purchase 60 factories and leave them to sit idle. You could double your money (if the game dynamics were different) but in that same timeframe you could increase your cash many times over by investing elsewhere.

You also say you are trying to get the game fixed from being broken. I've seen a similar point of view from players who play/have played Capitalism II. You need to forget all of your preconceived notions and play Virtonomics for what it is, an enjoyable, challenging and unique game.

The last point I want to comment on is that "It should represent real life and real business to a T."
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I play the game because it is exactly that, a game. The day Virtonomics becomes like work is the day I stop playing. 

28.05.2010, 19:23

swift_c
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
m:
swift_c

Honorchamp

You got a minus from me because I find your language offensive, and because you asked for it.  To quote "go ahead and minus me"

The game has certain rules.  Top management is one.  I happen to think that is a good rule because without it, players who have a lot of virts or are willing to pay real cash to buy points will completely dominate the game, and players like myself would never be competitive.  To me, therefore, the top management rule is not stupid, although it is challenging to play around.

I cannot agree that the game is broken.  There may be some bugs, and improvements are always welcomed.  If you will calm down and look at the responses to your posts, there are not many people (if any) who agree that the game is 'broken' and MUST be fixed either.

I cannot believe that all of the other players who read the forum posts have all been 'too stupid to notice that the game is broken', which is what you imply with your posts. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Production qualification only rising by 1% What the??

• Page: