Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> efficiency problem

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 31.12.2009, 23:57

Last time edited : 1.01.2010, 19:16

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hello

I have a few question regarding efficiency, because frankly this system is very confusing and the changes I do takes like an hour or two to display correctly, so its not that easy to try out anything.

I would really appreciate any help which makes it a little bit more clear how the system works.

What influences and in which way the staff efficiency in the office?
The number of workers in my shops? the workers in the office? the qualification of the workers of the office?
Is staff efficiency influenced by the players management qualification? If so, how, and how many worker can I have @100% eff on a given qualificatoin level?

What influences the top manager eff in the office
number of workers? in the office? or all the workers? how my qualification come into the picture?

what is the relation between staff eff, top manager eff and work eff?
how staff eff and top manager eff contribute to work eff

How is it possible that I have for example 80% work efficience in the office, and in a shop in a district which belongs to the aformentioned office it says I have 45% office efficiency. And its like about 5 hours after the last change I made - so supposedly its already updated to reflect the changes I made.

Shouldnt the office efficiency in the office and in the shops be the same? That is the same thing isnt it? If not, then what and which way influence the office efficieny in my shops?

Wow, thats a lot of questions :-)

regards,
Deira

p.s. whats employees good for in stores? In some shops I have elite customer level with 4 salesman, and the number of employees doesnt seem to influence sales level. Or do I get something wrong?   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.01.2010, 01:39

Last time edited : 1.01.2010, 02:32

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Lolz, you do have lots of question Well

Q1:
I have a few question regarding efficiency, because frankly this system is very confusing and the changes I do takes like an hour or two to display correctly, so its not that easy to try out anything.

A1:
If I'm not wrong the 'Work Efficiency Link' will update after around 30-40 min or I should say, when my clock reach 40min and 20min the Link would update once. BTW mine is GTM+8.

Q2:
-2.1: What influences and in which way the staff efficiency in the office?
-2.2: The number of workers in my shops? the workers in the office? the qualification of the workers of the office?
Is staff efficiency influenced by the players management qualification? If so, how, and how many worker can I have @100% eff on a given qualificatoin level?

A2:
-2.1: Its depend on how many 'employees' your regional "Sub-Division" is handling. Each Office = 1 Region.
-2.2: (Its number of employees, qualification of employees and quality of computers)and has to correspond with the level of "administrative load" of the office (Means below 100%) if the above is get done right.

Q3:
number of workers? in the office? or all the workers? how my qualification come into the picture?

A3:
Its the Qualification of Management & the total number of employees in "All Office".

Q4:

A4:
Refer A2 and A3.

Q5:
How is it possible that I have for example 80% work efficience in the office, and in a shop in a district which belongs to the aformentioned office it says I have 45% office efficiency. And its like about 5 hours after the last change I made - so supposedly its already updated to reflect the changes I made.

A5:
This could be your "Qualification of Commerce" & we are talking the 3 indices again.
Number of employees this store is having and their qualification. Then the total number of store employees, which will  directly influences the 'Top Manager Efficiency of your Store'.

Q6:
Shouldnt the office efficiency in the office and in the shops be the same? That is the same thing isnt it? If not, then what and which way influence the office efficieny in my shops?

A6:
If your Top Manager Efficiency in the Store is 100%, Staff Efficiency in the Store is 100% and thier Workload is below 100%. Then your Store should be 100%. Otherwise its your Office Efficiency that drag down the Final Efficiency of your Store.
What happen ? Sales went down.

Well If you say how many number of employees should Store or Office ... etc need to have to achieve 100%.
This you better ask VLord Well
As I'm not good in maths. Ohh that not maths, its Add Maths Well Which required fomulas and I don't like fomula. So maybe he will answer this question by tomorrow.

Btw, Correct me if I'm wrong ! 

1.01.2010, 03:44

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

hi Deira,

You have to many store and hopefully many employees as well.
The problem is that you don't have enough qualification to sustain your current employees.
Here's read this, i will give you a link. Its already been edited to better understanding.
http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Qualification_and_Control ...

And here's another link for suggest posted in efficiency problem. Read the post of VLLord and study it for your convenient and hope it could help you in your success.
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/16/topic/100105/view ...

Happy New Year... By the way Game will not be updated today....Well 

1.01.2010, 10:41

Last time edited : 1.01.2010, 13:30

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

eVVe, great!

Addition.
Q3:

A3:
Number of workers and their qualification(!) in this office and total number of workers in all offices(without any difference in qualification).

Q4:

A4:
Smth like, work eff=top eff*staff eff (in truth it's more difficult).
From my experience, it's better to have 100% staff eff and lower top eff, than other way.

Q5:

A5,6:
80% - it's your efficiency after update, and 45% - it's your current office efficiency after some changes.
For example you've got office and 1 store in region. At the moment of update, the consumers number in store was 1000 and office efficiency was 80%. After update consumers number's changed to 2000. It's to difficult for your top manager and office efficiency now is only 45%. That will be your office efficiency for the next day. 

1.01.2010, 19:15

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Wow, thank you very much for the answers, but I still have some more question Well

Q2:
-2.1: What influences and in which way the staff efficiency in the office?
-2.2: The number of workers in my shops? the workers in the office? the qualification of the workers of the office?

A2:
-2.1: Its depend on how many 'employees' your regional "Sub-Division" is handling. Each Office = 1 Region.
-2.2: (Its number of employees, qualification of employees and quality of computers)and has to correspond with the level of "administrative load" of the office (Means below 100%) if the above is get done right.

If I understand you correctly, then the qualifications of my character has nothing to do with the staff eff in the office.
But then I have a strange occurence in my game.
I have 1 office with 5 shops 8 employee each - 40 total - all @100% efficiencies.
If I open a 6. shop the staff eff in the office goes down to about 80% and i cant raise it no matter what I do. I raised the office worker quality - nothing happens, only the management qualification requirement goes up which I have 3 and the game says @ the qualification of player that I have "minimal safety factor". BTW top manager eff is still 100 in office and in all shops.
I raised the number of workers in the office - nothing happened same as with quality

I even tried to lower the number of workers at each shop to 1 - so total number of employee is 6 - but the staff eff in the office is still below 100% - even though I have less employees in my shops than when I have 100% staff eff. ???
But if I close the 6. shop everything is fine.

So shop number have to influence the staff eff in the office somehow, but how?
And seems like management qualification doesnt help here.

But then how can I raise the number of shops i have?

And btw i dont see that the number of shop employees have any effect on the sales in a shop. If thats correct, then whats the point having more than 1 employee in a shop?

Does the size of a shop influence the staff eff in the office? I think no, rather the admin load, right?
Shop size influence sales and the commerce qualification requirement. Is this correct?

Thanks again :-)

regards,

Deira 

1.01.2010, 20:52

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 23:13

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Q2:

A2:
Yes

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100146/view ...

Q7:

I raised the office worker quality - nothing happens, only the management qualification requirement goes up which I have 3 and the game says @ the qualification of player that I have "minimal safety factor". BTW top manager eff is still 100 in office and in all shops.
I raised the number of workers in the office - nothing happened same as with quality

A7:
Workers qualification should be: power(computers quality,0.67), not higher or lower.

Q8:
I even tried to lower the number of workers at each shop to 1 - so total number of employee is 6 - but the staff eff in the office is still below 100% - even though I have less employees in my shops than when I have 100% staff eff. ???

A8:
"Half" of required qualification in office is for stores as buildings, and "half" for your workers in stores.

Q9:
But then how can I raise the number of shops i have?

A9:
Wait until your qualification will riseWell 

2.01.2010, 03:38

eVVe

Dear Deira,

Frankly, I just played this game for about half a month. Which I still not very clear of those calculations.
Regarding those VLord could really help you much, just ask him To you

I've read though your last questions.
I think its the setting problem, you are having 2 much store Well which your office cannot handle at their current level of qualification.

As what VLord said : A9:
Wait until your qualification will rise.

VLord you're such an helpful person, you just like to teach people so much Well
Did you ever consider becoming a teacher Well no offence okay !

Btw, can you tell me something about these ?

Office:
Number of controlled subdivisions   4 (53 wrk.)
Number of employees 3 (required ~8 wrk.)
Staff efficiency   100.00 % (at the moment of update)
The level of administrative load 85.83 % (at the moment of update)
Qualification of player   5
Total number of employees on profile qualification 98
Top manager efficiency 98.00 %
My work efficiency is slightly lower, cause by the ad.
Advertising efficiency   92.08 %
Work Efficiency is 95.96%

I have 1 question, on my current Q. Do you think i can handle a bigger store ? Current size is 1000 sqm.
I noticed 1 thing, i only can manage 3 store in that region, when come to 4, effi will go down and it required so much more staff and my top manager effi also drop. any idea ? 

2.01.2010, 10:39

Last time edited : 2.01.2010, 11:42

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

eVVe

VLord you're such an helpful person, you just like to teach people so much Well
Did you ever consider becoming a teacher Well no offence okay !

I like to help/answer, but not to teachWell

eVVe

Btw, can you tell me something about these ?

Office:
Number of controlled subdivisions   4 (53 wrk.)
Number of employees 3 (required ~8 wrk.)
Staff efficiency   100.00 % (at the moment of update)
The level of administrative load 85.83 % (at the moment of update)
Qualification of player   5
Total number of employees on profile qualification 98
Top manager efficiency 98.00 %
Advertising efficiency   92.08 %
Work Efficiency is 95.96%

You answered your questionWell
Decrease advertising or put 10 workers in office, you could manage more than 3 of them.
And 10 workers will advertise better than 3Well

eVVe

I have 1 question, on my current Q. Do you think i can handle a bigger store ? Current size is 1000 sqm.

Your qualification is too low for store 10 000 now.
It requires ~Q10 in commerce without reputation(or with low) and ~Q20 with reputation 500.
It's much better for you to have stores 1000m with high reputation, than 10 000 with low.

eVVe

I noticed 1 thing, i only can manage 3 store in that region, when come to 4, effi will go down and it required so much more staff and my top manager effi also drop. any idea ?

Wait until your qualification will riseYes 

2.01.2010, 20:02

eVVe

Thx allots for the answer.... seems like we both keep waiting for more Well 

4.01.2010, 20:30

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 23:15

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

VLLord
Q2:

Wow THAT is really helpful.. do you have these numbers up to Q20, and 1000 office workers? Thank you Mylord ;-) 

4.01.2010, 21:05

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 23:14

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Mike, Yes

4.01.2010, 21:13

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 23:14

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

4.01.2010, 21:20

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 23:15

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

4.01.2010, 22:24

eVVe

Farm ? Advertising ? etc ? 

5.01.2010, 01:31

ShadowProwl

I'm having the same problem with my office.

Here's a clipping from my work efficiency report:

Office size: 10 work places
Number of controlled subdivisions: 6 (230 wrk.)
Number of employees: 10 (required ~24 wrk.)
Qualification of employees: 2.40 (city average: 2.40, required 1.00)
Staff efficiency: 36.20 %
The level of administrative load: 66.99 %

Number of computers: 10
Computerization level: 100.00 %
Computers quality: 1.00
Computers wear: 0.06 % (0+1 pcs.)
Equipment efficiency: 100.00 %

Qualification of player: 1
Total number of employees on profile qualification: 10
Top manager efficiency: 28.30 %
Work efficiency: 2.90 %

Also, I'm advertising with 0.06% efficiency.

I assume that to increase top manager efficiency, I need to decrease wage/qualification? How would I increase staff efficiency, though - cut people/wage so that the administrative load is as close to 100% as possible? And how can I increase advertising efficiency?

Lastly, how can I increase my management skill, without having to pay for it? None of the level 1-2 quests give management points, and to enter competitions for VIRTs it seems like I need to have >10 management...?!

Thanks in advance! 

5.01.2010, 08:50

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 08:58

eVVe

First thing you should look at is the Top manager efficiency. Clearly you Qualification in Management is unable to manage this amount of Sub Division.

Top manager efficiency: 28.30 %
A: Lower your amount of sub-division, when you have high efficiency most of the thing would be settle.
B: Qualification of your employee, try to reduce their qualification, your manage unable to manage such a smart employeeWell
C: Number of Employee, when your top manage efficiency is up, then only consider hire more staff.
D: Try not to advertise first, this will increase your employee work load.
E: Worklord, its not nessesary to have 100% workload, even you have low workload it work cause you final efficiency to drop, higher than 100% yes.

Try to Put some of your Sub-Division on holiday and wait about 30-40 min. Click the Work Efficiency link and see the different.
***I think at this moment you only can manage about 2-3 subdivision.

To increase your Qualification in Management, buy Virts or make ur sub division under control of your office stable and profitable.

For contest in CM, Lvl 5 to participate, Lvl 10 to win Virt. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> efficiency problem

• Page: