Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> efficiency problem

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 31.12.2009, 23:57

Last time edited : 1.01.2010, 19:16

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hello

I have a few question regarding efficiency, because frankly this system is very confusing and the changes I do takes like an hour or two to display correctly, so its not that easy to try out anything.

I would really appreciate any help which makes it a little bit more clear how the system works.

What influences and in which way the staff efficiency in the office?
The number of workers in my shops? the workers in the office? the qualification of the workers of the office?
Is staff efficiency influenced by the players management qualification? If so, how, and how many worker can I have @100% eff on a given qualificatoin level?

What influences the top manager eff in the office
number of workers? in the office? or all the workers? how my qualification come into the picture?

what is the relation between staff eff, top manager eff and work eff?
how staff eff and top manager eff contribute to work eff

How is it possible that I have for example 80% work efficience in the office, and in a shop in a district which belongs to the aformentioned office it says I have 45% office efficiency. And its like about 5 hours after the last change I made - so supposedly its already updated to reflect the changes I made.

Shouldnt the office efficiency in the office and in the shops be the same? That is the same thing isnt it? If not, then what and which way influence the office efficieny in my shops?

Wow, thats a lot of questions :-)

regards,
Deira

p.s. whats employees good for in stores? In some shops I have elite customer level with 4 salesman, and the number of employees doesnt seem to influence sales level. Or do I get something wrong?   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.01.2010, 15:26

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 15:27

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

eVVe
Farm ?

I have no farm to make such table for Farms. But if you give me your data:
? required qualification to manage total current number of employees
? total number of employees on profile qualification
I'll make such table for FarmsWell

eVVe
Advertising ?
It's impossible to make this using only one company. I'll need at least 5 different companies
with different qualification in marketing to make formula.
Maybe later when I have more free time I'll make it Well

eVVe
etc?
Maybe...Later... 

5.01.2010, 16:48

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Really helpful stuff VLLord, many thanks for sharing your immense knowledge. On the downside I now know how much it is going to hurt when Mr Frosty melts in a couple of weeks.

For farms I have:

0.68 to manage total current number of employees
Total number of employees on profile qualification 100

Does the employee qualification have a bearing on players required qualification?
I've noticed it does with commerce, but haven't seen any effect in other areas. Can anyone else confirm or deny this for me? 

5.01.2010, 17:11

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 17:11

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Fractal

For farms I have:

0.68 to manage total current number of employees
Total number of employees on profile qualification 100

Thank you.
Maybe someone has required qualification 10 or higher? Then precision will be better.

Fractal

Does the employee qualification have a bearing on players required qualification?

For 1-st and 2-nd type - yes, for 3-rd type(total number of employees) - no.

Fractal

I've noticed it does with commerce, but haven't seen any effect in other areas.

In all areas. 

5.01.2010, 18:13

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

I like your analysis VLLord. You are helpful as always! Yes 

5.01.2010, 18:17

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Fractal
Really helpful stuff VLLord, many thanks for sharing your immense knowledge.  On the downside I now know how much it is going to hurt when Mr Frosty melts in a couple of weeks.  

Yes, thankyou VLLord for being so generous and sharing.

and yes, people, do remember about the snowman melting.  maybe we can prepare a bit better this time and not crash as hard.. 

5.01.2010, 18:50

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 21:56

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

eVVe, for you:

Farms:

Q1 - about 130 workers
Q2 - about 200 workers
Q3 - about 320 workers
Q4 - about 490 workers
Q5 - about 690 workers
Q6 - about 910 workers
Q7 - about 1140 workers
Q8 - about 1400 workers
Q9 - about 1670 workers
Q10 - about 1960 workers
Q11 - about 2260 workers
Q12 - about 2570 workers
Q13 - about 2900 workers
Q14 - about 3240 workers
Q15 - about 3600 workers
Q16 - about 3960 workers
Q17 - about 4340 workers
Q18 - about 4730 workers
Q19 - about 5130 workers
Q20 - about 5540 workers

Q30 - about 10170 workers
Q40 - about 15660 workers
Q50 - about 21900 workers
Q60 - about 28780 workers
Q70 - about 36270 workers
Q80 - about 44320 workers
Q90 - about 52880 workers
Q100 - about 62000 workers

After Mike's post I think that numbers could be not correct. I'll revise them. 

5.01.2010, 19:11

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Qualification of player 5
Qualification required 3.69 in case of maintaining current subdivision settings
3.65 to achieve ~100% staff efficiency
8.94 to manage total current number of employees  
Total number of employees on profile qualification 1 600
Top manager efficiency  45.00 %

I think your calculation is correct for this farm Well 

5.01.2010, 19:33

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Dear moderators,
as many players think that my calculations are helpful, pls make separate topic with all of them and attache it.
This topic could be very helpful after 18 of January.
Thank you. 

5.01.2010, 20:42

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 22:22

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i also had this idea, unfortunately we cannot move single posts, only complete threads and because you are the provider of all this great information, i'd rather seen it posted by you as the original author - i wouldn't want to receive any ratings which you deserve!

I already moved hundreds of threads (and renamed many topic titles for better recognition) from "main forum" and "free discussions" into their appropriate forums; at the same time i have contacted administrators to request a couple of sub-threads in the FAQ forum so we could move more threads into appropriate subdirectories and make it easier to find the information (and at the same time archive many duplicate questions and answers). 

5.01.2010, 22:21

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 22:21

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

checked at my company, all the requirements a bit different :

factories  required 20.87 to manage 49640 employees (your info: about 41800)
farms      required 20.35 to manage 7130 employees (y:
stores     required 19.87 to manage 4545 employees (y: about 3934)
offices    required 840 employees = minimal safety factor with my Q23 (: Q23 about 1220) 

5.01.2010, 22:44

Last time edited : 5.01.2010, 22:57

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

With Q19 in management I could manage 920 workers.
You've got minimal safety factor, because your first type of required qualification is bigWell

Thank you for your data, I'll revise all my calculations.

P.S. My + was 400 for youWell 

6.01.2010, 00:17

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

As what mike said, all 3 are slightly different. For farm its kind of accurate. 

6.01.2010, 01:36

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 01:39

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

Mike1
checked at my company, all the requirements a bit different :

factories  required 20.87 to manage 49640 employees (your info: about 41800)
farms      required 20.35 to manage 7130 employees (y:
stores     required 19.87 to manage 4545 employees (y: about 3934)
offices    required 840 employees = minimal safety factor with my Q23 (: Q23 about 1220)

my data for VLLord:

factories  required 21.01 to manage 49 200 employees
farms      required 5.49  to manage 700 employees
stores     required 6.91  to manage 684  employees
offices    required 962 employees = minimal safety factor = Q21 

6.01.2010, 08:17

ShadowProwl

Thanks eVVe. But the problem now becomes, my staff efficiency dips to an unacceptable level. What is this staff efficiency influenced by? 

6.01.2010, 09:30

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

in most cases by qualification of employees (see if your workers have qualification required) 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> efficiency problem

• Page: