Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> missing data in office "work efficiency" link

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

I vote for putting back this information and make the game easier for new players

Voting duration:

Start: 26.12.2009, 12:06

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Please

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 26.12.2009, 12:06

Last time edited : 7.11.2011, 11:42

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

the information in "work efficiency" has changed,  the data of required qualification is missing. It is a problem for new players and those who still didn't manage to solve the problem after efficiency reform. Please help the new players and put back this information!   

• Page:
Message list:  

26.12.2009, 14:42

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Totally agree with Mike, I somehow find it difficult to guess how much should i expand when my Qualification grow. 

26.12.2009, 14:44

Last time edited : 26.12.2009, 14:45

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

I agree with you.
But better to give start point and empirical formula of required qualification to new players.

For example, required qualification to manage total number of employyes is:
rq2=rq1*(x2/x1)^(2/3)
where x2 - new number of employees, x1 - previous, rq2 - new required qualification, rq1 - previous.

It's not difficult to make simmilar formulas for other required qualifications, but only if you've understood qualification system.
And for new players it's realy difficult. 

26.12.2009, 15:01

eVVe

Your fomula is good, but some people might not be undertand. Like me Well 

26.12.2009, 15:14

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

eVVe, look:
for example,
if your total number of employees on factories is 10 000(required qualification is 8), and you want to double it(now your qualification in production is 13). You need to guess, what qualification you'll need: 10, 15 or maybe 20 and would your qualificataion will be enough to manage new number of employees?

Using formula: rq2=8*(20 000/10 000)^(2/3)=8*1.59=12.7 So you could build new factories.
It's easyWell 

26.12.2009, 15:18

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

VLLord
eVVe
Using formula: rq2=8*(20 000/10 000)^(2/3)=8*1.59=12.7 So you could build new factories.
It's easyWell

what does the "^" mean? 

26.12.2009, 15:32

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

^ means power. I thought it's international symbol... 

26.12.2009, 16:18

Last time edited : 26.12.2009, 16:25

eVVe

Your maths is good Well  Are you Science stream Student ?

Although i study Accounting, but i don't use those fomula. Its somehow confusing & not logic Well Although the answer is correct.
I somehow cannot figure out how to use it on my calculator Not so
Its Casio Fx-570.
Now sure how to press it on my calculator..... Is it something like AC = = then something.....

Maybe time will help Well 

26.12.2009, 18:52

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

VLLord

For example, required qualification to manage total number of employyes is:
rq2=rq1*(x2/x1)^(2/3)
where x2 - new number of employees, x1 - previous, rq2 - new required qualification, rq1 - previous.

very good, VLLord, it's close, but the formula is not quite right.  have started to bring some of my factories back from holidays -

my last one was:
19.19 to manage total current number of employees
Total number of employees on profile qualification 41 325

19.78 to manage total current number of employees
Total number of employees on profile qualification 43 825

substituting your formula, get
19.19*(43825/41325)^(2/3) = 19.956 -- .17 more than required.  erring on side of safety is good, but my growth for production is so slow i get excited with a .003 addition!  

my growth is currently .131 It will take 8 days to get to the next level Q.  if i can make it grow by .143, it will take 'only' 7 days.  between now and 18Jan when the snowman melts, i need another 4 levels to be at the same place i was 18Dec before the reform.  otherwise, i will need to put MORE than the 9 factories on holidays to avoid crashing.

there are 3 days with no update for the holidays.  so there's in effect 19 days left.  i'd be lucky to 'grow' 2.5 levels, plus the one that i have grown, i will still be 1 short.  actually need .167 daily growth to make it, so it all matters.

to 'push' growth, and from your other post, VLLord, we need to work close to, and a bit above, required qualification (you are SO right -- again).  but to work that way, need the required growth back so i can keep track of management requirement and not crash in my hurry to speed growth up.

i've tried to find the trend/formula, but there is always one data that didn't fit.  maybe you can come up with something else.. 

26.12.2009, 20:28

Last time edited : 26.12.2009, 20:39

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

I didn't want to put general formulas on forum, but if ccm_tsang liked the first one...

General formula for the first type of required qualification is(in case of maintaining current subdivision settings):

rq2=rq1*(q2 /q1)^1.1 * (w2/w1)^0.5

For second type(to achieve ~100% staff efficiency):

I can't make general formula, but if you want your subdivision works with 100% put workers qualification as recomended.
Then the second required qualification will be a little less, than tht first one.

For third type(to manage total current number of employees ):

rq2=rq1*(w2/w1)^(2/3)

w2 - new number of employees, w1 - previous, rq2 - new required qualification, rq1 – previous, q2 – new workers qualification, q1- previous workers qualification.

P.S. Formulas aren't perfect, especially with small numbers. Formulas could help you to know new required qualification approximately. 

26.12.2009, 20:42

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

eVVe
Your maths is good Well  Are you Science stream Student ?
Yes 

30.12.2009, 23:55.     Subject: Formulas

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

Dude those formulas looks too wild for me, If I was new guy.  It would have given up.  
Why change the rules for office when the production,commerce,sciencce,agriculture are all the same.  It was challenge for us.  Why worry about us. 

31.12.2009, 05:35

Last time edited : 31.12.2009, 19:16

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

VLLord is correct. Try to listen to his suggestion, it could help you in your growth in this game.
He's the one that help me put inline with the game when i was still starting.
Try his suggestion and if it works its better if your not satisfy with it make some adjustment.
The mathematics thing on the formula is quiet hard to understand if your not incline to like number, but given the legend it could be easy to read. Just follow it.

I think VLLord is good in numbers, he could take up something that is related with numbers. 

31.12.2009, 17:06

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

VLLord, your formula and math-skills in honor, and yuga_ninjie i am glad that it helps you.

I thought this is a business game, not a mathematician game, and there is no obvious reason why data is displayed in every other subdivision but cancelled in the office.

I'm sorry yuga but i find your response patronizing .. you just tell me that i'm stupid. 

31.12.2009, 18:50

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

VLLord's formular gives a good guide for projected required growth (thankyou, VLLord).  
but yes, it would be a lot easier if admin can just put the work efficiency link back and tell us the required Management Qualification like all the work efficiency guides.

again, new players will be clueless.  older players are usually right on the edge, and it is not nice to only find that management qualification is over and all subdivisions suffer after the next update.

the snowman is due to melt.  a lot of players will be in strife again, especially without the work efficiency link to guide us back.  Please admin, reconsider 

31.12.2009, 19:25

Last time edited : 31.12.2009, 19:44

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Hi mike1,

I send a pm to you, to clarify thing...
I'm a bit confuse on your post...

The formula can be figure out if we could just read the source code of the program, but this seem to be impossible because of the confidential of it i think. Maybe the programmer of the game you give as a clue on how to compute the efficiency system of the game.Very we! 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> missing data in office "work efficiency" link

• Page: