Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> VirtoBlog

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.07.2015, 22:02

Last time edited : 31.12.2016, 10:11

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

VirtoBlog moved there: http://virtonomics-free.blogspot.com/

Our life can be boring without challenges and Vironomics is the same thing. When you start feeling that everything is “good enough” and there is nothing to do and nothing to fix, game (work/relationships/learning) start being boring and you want to stop it and start doing something else. That is why I made a new challenge for myself in game and this time it is much bigger than what I did before

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/104815/view

This time I am going to play on Vera, because there is my main account and I want to achieve much bigger goal which is 3 billion of net income (profit) per day. Truth is that I feel that it would be much easier to do on Mary or on Olga for me because on Mary I had about 1 billion of net profit at best and on Olga I make 1-1.5 billion when I am not lazy to play there. Although Vera is totally different story for me. I have been playing on Vera 2 years and my qualifications are quite decent (but I would not call them high). I have about 450 subdivisions and few subdivisions purchased for points.

This is going to be sort of a blog where you can see how it is going with me and learn some new stuff if you are a new player. Also you can read about interesting events on Vera, I will disclose some private corporate and political information here, because Russian people don’t read this forum and your knowledge can’t harm players of Vera. I hope my corporation and party won't find out and kick me out after

My current status in real life doesn’t allow me to donate much of real money, but hopefully soon enough I’ll be able to make a good donation because I just want to help this game to develop further and survive (and, of course, I want to get some nice farms). So for 2 years I donated not more than $100 and truth be told I don’t even know what I bought back then, most things I get in game were without a donation of real money and you can play this game for free, if you will be active and ready to play for a long time. I sold and bought so many subdivisions so now it is hard to remember how I spent my money before. I think it was a fish base. Big and expensive one (relatively) which was a very, very stupid thing to do because I never even use this fish in my factories. Now I am spending points much more carefully and have a long term strategy, but when someone helps me in game a lot, I can’t stop myself from giving him a Capitan hat for 1 point and I gave out 10 of them already (So many good people here).

Well, how to start? Let’s start with qualifications:

• Page:
Message list:  

18.10.2015, 18:54

Last time edited : 18.10.2015, 19:06

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Moving forward. So what is new with me?

1st is paranoia town.

Knowing that administration might add something new soon and delete an independent suppler i bought 5 billion of fruits from independent supplier.  

Each warehouse has 1 billion units.

If they will delete independent supplier of fruits i would have a nice reserve. Although i don't think that they will do so, but there are always small chance of such thing Very we! It is better to get fruits for $1 than buying them for $300-500 if there wont be independent supplier.

Next thing is that i opened 20 new food stores. Food is not a great thing to sell in this game, especially in Vera because competition is very hard and profits aren't high

The good thing is that my corp has some overstock and no one seems to care about it so i decided to sell some. Also i discovered that apparently # of employees in your store does not matter at all as long as it more that required. I was thinking that as more workers you have as more goods you can sell (or sell less but for higher price) but in fact it does not matter. So if your store needs 1400 workers there is no need to have 2000-3000. So i fired many people from my old stores and than i could open much more.

Not all goods are profitable and there are a lot of them therefore it might be better to concentrate on the most profitable positions in your product store to save yourself some clicking time.

For instance, do i really need to sell Flour and Oysters?...

Another topic today is about Incinerators which i have in Cuba. They gave me 5-25 millions each per day when i was a governor/leader there. Now because of competition price dropped down from 80-100 to 60 and i can't make them profitable. It is good for new governor bc now he buys energy from our Incinerators for $60 but for me i am loosing a lot from each Incinerator. I still need them to increase my Q. Although i don't know why do i need to improve this qualification, only hoping that administration will add some new types of power plants and this Q will come handy.

Damn you Klaus...

I started building new incinerators in Canada, 1 per city and governor of Canada is my friend. I suggested to raise energy price in the region which he will do and later i ll have some profits from incinerators there. Temporary... Because when energy price will raise new people will come and price competition will start there too. After all all server will be unavailable for incinerators and profits will have only people with max size, educated workers and highest tech.

The only thing which i visit this game for these days is science. Now i managed to research 70% of all techs in game and it slowed down around 20th level for me. Further i am going to need more qualification to be able to have more workers in my labs. 

27.10.2015, 01:04

Last time edited : 27.10.2015, 01:17

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Latest report of my company looks like that

I am doing well with qualification growth but lately i have a bit issues with production. Production is one of the basic and arguably the most important qualification for me right now because it allows to produce more, produce it cheaper because of higher tech and with better quality.

The issue is that i need like 5-10 factories all the time activated for 3rd stage of research and they slowing down my growth (some technical issues with production quality lower that average i assume, even thought i am not producing there anything, but factories do work). I am researching like 50+ different technologies at the moment. I deferentially not going to use most of them (actually i am not going to use 90% of them) but it is nice to have them researched just in case. The highers level i know now is tech_20. More about science you can read later

I was thinking of buying Halloween things for points which administration selling now but i don't have points and don't want to donate now. I have 650 B cash tho so i thought i can buy points from stock exchange. Unfortunately because of my silly actions earlier i totally screw up the market and price for 1 point on Vera is 60 B which i think is too much. I could buy 10-12 points and try to get a medal +1 to all Q but i don't think it worth it. Also there is no guarantee that i can get it for 10 points, because demand on Vera is very high and prices for such things are high as well. I would get +1 medal for 15-20 for sure but someone will pay 10 without a doubt and over bet me.

This is the last auction... Just for fun you can compare prices with your realm

My food stores doing fine with average net income around 70 mil each. Not that much i agree but we have a lot of food in our corporation which no one cares to sell because it is "too much clicking and to low profits" as they say.

Another thing i am doing these days is science. Actually i am playing the game not this much these days because i installed SimCity 4 (Nostalgia...) and lost 4 days of my life because game is too awesome and addictive. Eventually i made a city with 500 000 people with a 10-30 k profit so game is not interesting anymore and i am back in Virtomonics.
I remember good old days when i played Victoria 2, Europe universals, Civilization and such games but you come to the point when you want the game to be online so you can compete and share.

Back to labs

Here you can see all 3 possible bonuses. Our corp making Finland to a science country (Eco100 + palace with science bonus + budget spending). On Vera we have 3 science countries with regular activated Eco100 project - Armenia, Latvia and rarely - Mexico. I am cheap and i don't want activate corp bonuses but i do have a tent there with 3% science bonus.

And the last thing is just for the history. It would be fun to compare numbers now and after like 1 year

171 tech
51 turnover
73 retail
35 medicine
17 restaurants
67 auto repair

866 subdivisions (with like 100 not working)
Assets 1.6 T (0.65 cash)
Turnover 30 B (Income 4 B) 

1.12.2015, 04:00

Last time edited : 1.12.2015, 04:07

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

jeka_igla

1st is paranoia town.

Knowing that administration might add something new soon and delete an independent suppler i bought 5 billion of fruits from independent supplier.  

paranoia town… here i come Well

Using about 17 Mio grapes a day i’d need to take 17B units on stock to secure supply for 1000 updates and make an absolute killing (in my dreams ;).

To store them for 1000 updates would cost me 26M adding prime cost of 40B = 66 B of cost. I’ve agreed to pay $666 B to a fellow player - about 39 for a piece of grape -  in a deal to have 17B grapes available at 0.001 per unit until death does part us.  
Well, according to online tests i have 19 years left to live. Have i been over-reacting, you think?

NB: I totally considered the possibility of current storage volume in the realms to discourage the administration to remove grapes from independent supplies. Or at least encourage them to increase minimum quality requirements of the next super-profitable products,  which require grapes,  to 3 or even higher? The first would certainly be the most popular solution but otherwise,  solace may be found thru the notable raise of wine quality in all virtonomous sectors. 

1.12.2015, 21:54

Last time edited : 1.12.2015, 21:58

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I think we both were overreacting Very we!

This is the most common scenario
Or at least encourage them to increase minimum quality requirements of the next super-profitable products,  which require grapes,  to 3 or even higher

1.12.2015, 22:37

Last time edited : 3.12.2015, 10:11

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I feel like stock market should be restricted for me

I bought 8-10 points there and spent all cash on it just to try get +1 to all qualifications award from an auction. Somehow this time prices went even higher that before

He paid $5.35 for one qualification point It is surprised

Here is my small analysis from past auction

Vera:

+7 to all Q 130, 150, 130 (Av price 136) Price for 1 Q point = 1.38
+6 to all Q 126, 122, 96, 88, 83 (Av price 103) Price for 1 Q point = 1.22
+4 to all Q 291, 82, 83, 85, 71 (Av price 122) Price for 1 Q point = 2.17
+2 to all Q 49, 56, 42, 42, 42 (Av price 46) Price for 1 Q point = 1.64
+1 to all Q 20, 30, 20, 30, 25 (Av price 25) Price for 1 Q point = 1.78

Lien:

+7 to all Q 70, 55, 55 (Av price 60) Price for 1 Q point = 0.61
+6 to all Q 55, 62, 62, 50, 50 (Av price 55) Price for 1 Q point = 0.65
+4 to all Q 28, 36, 38, 36, 20 (Av price 31) Price for 1 Q point = 0.55
+2 to all Q 18, 22, 18, 19, 10 (Av price 17) Price for 1 Q point = 0.62
+1 to all Q 10, 10, 10, 15, 5 (Av price 55) Price for 1 Q point = 0.71

As you can see $5.35 for 1 qualification point is crazy. 1 point cost $0.61 - $2.17
(Or just get +1 for free if you know how qualification growth works Well )

Another interesting thing what people in Vera start doing is building farms of 2nd size. These farms have 2 nice business boosters (+ another one +15% to total quality which is also available for 3rd size) which cost game money (not points). So some people built 200-500 farms of 2nd size with 3 business boosters to save some fodder

Now i have 250 cow farms of 3rd size with +15 quality booster so i would need to build 500 instead if i want to activate 2 more boosters. I will consider that

Science goes well for me. My current rating is 38 443, which is top15. New grouped messages made science 10 times easier to manage

The last thing today is auto repair which still brings a lot of money

My total income from auto repair is 2B every day (1B is warehouse's income cuz there is low tax rate). The problem is i am running out of Car Parts. I still have 6 794 851 in my warehouse but daily consumption is about 150 000. The problems is that i can't get anymore car parts so now i increased sell price from 50k to 95k in each repair shop so i would sell less units but for higher price and this way i can sell it longer

I still don't know if it is a good idea to sell Car Parts as a service or just sell them is stores as a casual product. Same question for restaurants and medicine

Ps
I know u guys might not get this, but this is a video i made some time ago called "just another day in virtonomics"

22.12.2015, 21:34

Last time edited : 22.12.2015, 21:40

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Hey there! I didn't write here for quite some time because i finally get a job Very we! Although how can i stop playing this great game anyway?

Today's headline is Tycoon contest. Tomorrow is very first day of it. So i thought i'll give to people some tips and advises.

Well, let's start with Shagreen. This weird word gave me some troubles when i was translating it to English (i am helping Virtonomics with translation), but the meaning is tough skin of shark or some other animal. So Shagreen means - who has the toughest skin, ergo who is the "baddest homie in the hood".

What do we have? We have a store. What can we do with it?

If you recall my topic
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/105077/view ...

rules there are actually quite similar. You basically can do everything expect changing size. I think if you change size the result not going to be calculated for you (same as in tenders), but i am sure few dummies not intelligent people will do so and change it to the biggest size and going to just flood the market.

In any scenario i think in Shagreen: first day is everything! The reason is simple - market going to be ruined completely on the 2nd update because many people will set super low prices. First i was thinking to try out long-run strategy: hold up a few updates when everyone will sell most of their stuff and then make a strike, but i came to conclusion that it won't work.

There are 150 stores in Vera. Each has 140 000 units. Market size is 250 000. Store has 1000 sq m size. So it is impossible that most of the people will sell most of their goods in first turns.

First day is everything, so i should prepare for it eh?

What is my set up?:

1. Boosts: Parking + Consulting of the world leader in retail trade (2 points)
Even thought Shagreen is in Luxuries category of goods, it still looks weird to me because the only product which can be sold in this category and which Shagreen might have copied is Art decor. Local price however is ridiculous and i am not sure if it it is in  Luxuries category. So i just activated "Consulting of the world leader in retail trade" which gives bonus to all categories, to be sure.

2. Advertising. I did 50 000 000 budget. My store is in Paris with 3 492 476 POP. My budget gives me 100 469 393 contracts. The thing here is there is a small risk that store of 1000 sq m size will have TOO MUCH customers and my efficiency will go down (cuz i can't hire more then 100 people) but i am willing to take this risk. This might be my mistake and i should'v try go for fancy place and high price but i choose low price strategy because i don't think that many people will do so.

3. Location - Outskirts. I think people who will try to do low price strategy will choose Suburb, so i'd have a bit advantage. Not many people know about this very old Virtonomics trick/mechanic. It called something like: low-price mechanic. It works only for Outskirts and Suburb and in that case total sales calculated a bit different way then usual IF you have very low price. Your quality does not matter and the most important factor is price. I am not sure if this mechanic still works but i will try.

4. Price. 187. Why this price? I have no idea Very we! I just feel so. I feel like many people will go for 400-1200 range but what many of them don't realize is that after 2-3 turns local price will do down like crazy and quality will go up, so they not going to be able to sell all stuff for high price. I don't want to go will $50-99 because i feel like this is too low and i should use my advantage of first days good local price and get more income.

5. Qualification of employees 19.25. This is my MAX. It not going to be matter a lot in Outskirts (it matters more in center and down town) but still it will give me a bit higher service.

6. Super sneaky trick is to order some other good from this category (some trade marks). They might give you small sells bonus due to wide assortment on 2nd, 3rd turn. I am not going to do that because i feel that anyway everything is decided in 1st update.

Good luck to everyone and don't forget that there are 2 other nominations and victory will give you very nice permanent awards. 

23.12.2015, 07:11

Last time edited : 23.12.2015, 07:14

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

4. Price. 187
Well, this didn't work out very well, did it? I roll! 

26.12.2015, 08:22

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

LOL, I put it close to that price before I read this.To you 

8.01.2016, 01:09

Last time edited : 8.01.2016, 01:36

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Some news and updates.

First of all i want to mention here nice new blog which G_Money33 made for blogging competition.

Let's jump back to my company in Vera. Now i am trying to get 100 ha coffee farm from an auction

100 ha is acually quite useless but i gained 200 B of cash for last few months and i think that this is a good long-term investment. Althought i am not going to pay more then 100 B for such farm. Now we still have huge (up to 50% discounts) discounts for previous sales and there are 1000 ha for 26 points and 5000 ha for 99 (5000 ha is 25% cheaper then five 1000 ha farms, so it is much better to get 5000 ha farm instead of few 1000 ha farms). I was still considering to get 5000 ha farm for myself and then i'd have total of 11 000 ha of coffee, more then enough, but $100 is still feels expensive (even with discount) so i might wait up until the next time, after all there are enough coffee on free market in vera, even thought this coffee is quite expensive i can afford it. I can't stop thinking about this 5000 ha for 100 points thought... Very we! You never know when they cancel this sale, can be after a month or so. Then i should wait for city building event, or wait until next new year sales, which is crazy long...

Another thing is that i still doing quite well in Success level (qualification growth) and in science keeping 11th place.

I didn't have enough time to play the game so many of my stores having troubles as well as many of my restaurants. I probably going to need big optimization after a while, i'll close many of my old food stores and will hire more people in others to to have good qualification growth.

Also i did win Shagreen, VII-XV places in recent Tycoon contest but i won only in Mary Very we! Vera had very tough competition this time...

And the last thing worth to mention. I am doing a small charity

I opened one warehouse with Compound feed (i am making 7 669 978 units per day) with limited offer of 25 000 units (enough for livestock farm of 5th size). It is very hard to get cheap Compound feed in Vera for a new player so i am helping and so far new players buying 2 164 013 units daily from this warehouse. I am forcing them to use livestock farms of 5th size to activate 3 very cool boosts (+ 15% to quality, - 25% to required feed quality, - 25% to required feed amount). If you are an old and rich player you can always do something like that to help new people. They not only will stay in game longer but later you can recruit them to your corporation and you will also have massive spam list list of potential customers for you other offers. 

26.01.2016, 16:08

Last time edited : 31.12.2016, 10:11

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

My VirtoBlog moved there: http://virtonomics-free.blogspot.com/ ...  

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> VirtoBlog

• Page: