Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> VirtoBlog

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.07.2015, 22:02

Last time edited : 31.12.2016, 10:11

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

VirtoBlog moved there: http://virtonomics-free.blogspot.com/

Our life can be boring without challenges and Vironomics is the same thing. When you start feeling that everything is “good enough” and there is nothing to do and nothing to fix, game (work/relationships/learning) start being boring and you want to stop it and start doing something else. That is why I made a new challenge for myself in game and this time it is much bigger than what I did before

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/104815/view

This time I am going to play on Vera, because there is my main account and I want to achieve much bigger goal which is 3 billion of net income (profit) per day. Truth is that I feel that it would be much easier to do on Mary or on Olga for me because on Mary I had about 1 billion of net profit at best and on Olga I make 1-1.5 billion when I am not lazy to play there. Although Vera is totally different story for me. I have been playing on Vera 2 years and my qualifications are quite decent (but I would not call them high). I have about 450 subdivisions and few subdivisions purchased for points.

This is going to be sort of a blog where you can see how it is going with me and learn some new stuff if you are a new player. Also you can read about interesting events on Vera, I will disclose some private corporate and political information here, because Russian people don’t read this forum and your knowledge can’t harm players of Vera. I hope my corporation and party won't find out and kick me out after

My current status in real life doesn’t allow me to donate much of real money, but hopefully soon enough I’ll be able to make a good donation because I just want to help this game to develop further and survive (and, of course, I want to get some nice farms). So for 2 years I donated not more than $100 and truth be told I don’t even know what I bought back then, most things I get in game were without a donation of real money and you can play this game for free, if you will be active and ready to play for a long time. I sold and bought so many subdivisions so now it is hard to remember how I spent my money before. I think it was a fish base. Big and expensive one (relatively) which was a very, very stupid thing to do because I never even use this fish in my factories. Now I am spending points much more carefully and have a long term strategy, but when someone helps me in game a lot, I can’t stop myself from giving him a Capitan hat for 1 point and I gave out 10 of them already (So many good people here).

Well, how to start? Let’s start with qualifications:

• Page:
Message list:  

3.08.2015, 16:57

mihero
Seven years with Virtonomics Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Jeka does the neighborhood affect the sale price in restaurants? I mean I guess it does, but is it as significant as with stores?

Why do you want to have all this restaurants in the suburbs? Because of the competition? or quality of products... etc 

4.08.2015, 05:32

Last time edited : 4.08.2015, 05:35

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Jeka does the neighborhood affect the sale price in restaurants?
From my experience i can say that i can get as much income in suburbs as in city center, just because there is almost no competition and many people think that in suburbs and outskirts they will get a huge sales penalty. But from what i see it is not true and being only one seller in bad neighborhood is much better then being one of 10 other sellers in city center.
I feel like in trendy neighborhood sells will drop a lot, even if there is no competition but in other areas you can make a lot of money as long as you alone in this location (of your specialization).

I mean I guess it does, but is it as significant as with stores?
It feels like it is not nearly that significant for restaurants as it is for stores. Althought for stores it is a bit of a different story, i have most of my stores in CC and TN areas. 10 000 store full of workers with 600+ populatiry and located in trandy neighborhood of a huge city can bring crazy profits. All top stores on Vera are like that. So it is not always fare to compare stores and restaurants, they work different in many ways

Because of the competition?
Yes On Vera there are a lot of players in every big city and competition is tough and 75% of people place their restaurants in city center, thinking that it works 100% like stores 

28.08.2015, 23:49

Last time edited : 29.08.2015, 00:04

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Lately i am making quite a lot of money but i am still not considering the challenge as completed. The thing is that most of my recent incomes comes from a sale of old stockpiles which i don't need anymore

These two warehouses with best income are just temporary source of income but even if i subtract 3B which i gained from then my income would be ore the 3B, but i still not sure if i can consider current income as "stable"

I am going very good in increasing my qualifications and currentlly i am 14th on the realm by Success level

Enough bragging about myself Ridiculously Let's get to the business

Now i have 280B and i owe 300B because i built a city... I feel like the only reason to do so is to get a point property with 50% discount which is going to be a coffee farm 1000-1 for me in Cuba. I really need my own coffe to get the lowest prime cost for my restaurants.

As we foud out, these days the most valueabe resource is corn. If you have your own cheap corn you can:
Just sell it in stores and sell products made from it (and they are expensive)
Load your medicine
Load your auto-repair
Load your resourants
And even load your manufacturing qualification

Corn is crazy valuable and important but i don't have it at all. If you thinking what point property you should get now i'd say - get a corn farm. Of course small size isn't helpful, you need at least size of 1000 ha to be able to operate at normal capacity.

Also recently i made a deal with a new player which i think is interesting and you may consider to do something like this for yourself. He didn't know what to produce and he has production Q = 25. So i suggested him to build 30 sombrero factories for me. I am giving him wool and latest tech, he selling me hats and works with decent profit for himself. The most important thing is that he produces higher quality than average on realm and his growth of production Q is +18% now. So we helping each other that way but i am currently #2 by poncho production and #10 by sombrero on the realm so i having troubles to sell all that.

Luckily there is a market which can eat even more then that...
It is Moscow with market size of 400 000 and i took 40% of it. Wondering how long can i keep it that way

3.09.2015, 00:44

Last time edited : 3.09.2015, 00:59

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Today i want to talk a little bit about science and research. New players were told that science is not for them and that they just going to lose money by doing it. All that is totally true for a new player. However later many people just kinda forget about science until one day they look at a tech price and can't believe how expensive it it. Well, they buy this one anyway, it is forever right? But after a while qualification grows and they need to buy next one, and next one until they end up with numbers like this

WTF? Not the big one I roll! The one with red underline Ridiculously The big one is a little bit of bug abusing stock trading Cheerfully

Well, 38 B on tech is actually not a lot. I am not producing much these days and tech 16-20 cost relatively low. We have tech 30-32 on vera and you can only imagine how much they sold for (if sold at all). Only 3-4 people know latest techs on Vera and they are very valuable. I know the guy willing to pay more than 1 T for 1 tech lvl 30-32.

I found all this interesting and started improving my science qualification. Then i got into this more and more when i researched lvl 18-20+. One day out of a blue you just get 100-500 M of cash from tech sell and when you realize that you don't even need to have a company, you don't even have to have any subdivision to make money on this.

That is why i am wondering how much this guy makes from selling techs

There are few ways to increase you research speed and you have to use them on high levels because developing 1 new tech on levels 20+ can take more then one month of real time. Developing tech 30+ can take you a year Very we!
You can imagine how +10%, +20% to research speed valuable for those who developing high level tech.

1 - Head of state can help it by increasing a special expense

2 - Scientific Coordination center in your villas

3 - ECO100. A project which can be lauched by a governor

You can launch it for 1 point if you and your friend can manage to drop energy prices to $0.1-1 in the region by selling a lot of cheap energy

4 - Business boosts in labs are helpfull as well if you willing to spend points

So what we do in our corporation is that we built the majority of labs in a region where we regularly have eco100 and a palace with science boost. And of course the head of state supporting it as well. All that require teamwork and some investments but boost will be huge.

After all, if you are planning to play this game for a long time and produce stuff, you have to research and do science. It is a very long term investment, but a very valuable one To wink Also sometimes you can win tenders and get some virts. Good luck!

10.09.2015, 03:00

Last time edited : 10.09.2015, 03:12

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Quick update

I quit my corporation and political party on Vera bc of some misunderstandings. This is a bit sad because i was playing with these people for more then a year. So i decided to play by myself and do not participate in any team play on Vera for now.

Our political party (party: Keys keepers - мировая ключница) with 3 years history collapsed couple of days ago and many people feel as sad as when USSR collapsed Very we! We had 70 cities, 16 regions and 11 countries under our control. The biggest political party of all times in the game. Daily income from politics was about 35 billions. And there were 25+ people in our party. RIP

I am selling my 250 points Villa on auction (Cuba buy buy... Tears ) hopefully for 2-3 trillion and going to move on. Back to business. These money i can use to get some farms from auction

Now some of my old contracts were canceled (great contrats with quality sometimes higher then 70-80) because i had to leave my corporation as well. Therefore i have to figure out some replacements and make some good stockpile for convenient individual game

The biggest challenge right now is to find fodder (?), a good available only on Vera and Olga which produced on factories from grain and animal feed. I need 3-4 million per day and this is a lot. The problem is that if i produce that my qualification not going to growth fast so i have to find s1 else to do so who doesn't care about q growth and has like 100+ manufacturing already. Animal feed should be 22+ quality so my animals wouldn't die. 

10.09.2015, 17:46

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

What made the party collapse? 

10.09.2015, 19:16

mihero
Seven years with Virtonomics Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Wow! I bet this will add more "salt" to the challenge itself...

Would you be able to still get 3BNet without those nice contracts you had? 

10.09.2015, 23:25

Last time edited : 10.09.2015, 23:31

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I already achieved my goal and now this is more like a blog Very we!

My income was stable 3B+ for last few weeks

Would you be able to still get 3BNet without those nice contracts you had?
Nope Very we! They left me few and now we trying to stay friends so i might convince to keep some of these contracts but i learned hard way that you shouldn't rely on anyone and just in case, have everything you need.

It is certainly very hard for company like mine to growth as fast as i did playing just by myself without donation of real money. I need a lot of goods with low cost and good quality and many people who play by themself without good corp just can't get them. In our corp we had 5-7 people with livestock and manufacturing 100+ (one guy with 200+) so if i need anything, he can give me that and still make some profit for himself.

What made the party collapse?
Good question Well Same as any other huge Empire - it was greed and lack of organization. We thought no one can beat us but we lost battle after battle against much weaker but more organized group of players. And became angry at your teammates and blame each other. Also the big problem is weak decision making and unwillingness to talk and look for compromise. Party had sotial platform and we had 2 people who took 80% of income even thought they didn't have a lot political power. When it is a question of who gets bigger share of 35B per day it is hard to find fare disigion withing soticl platform where money devited according to assets. Also we forget the initial idea, just play politics together and have fun and also we mixed our corp with our party so we didn't know where is which. We learned few lessons thought, now people split up in 3-4 more groups and some of them left to our ex enemy #1. Our guys don't just play this game, we lived here. Many of them playing 6-8 years and spent more then $1000. Man, after all, we had 7 palaces and countless smaller villas in our best times. 

12.09.2015, 17:42

Last time edited : 12.09.2015, 17:48

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

On a bright sight i am selling my Cuban Villa and i expected to get 3 trillion for it but the auction still going on and 2 guys really want to get it. Good for me Very we! I v got this villa from auction for 3 trillion and after 4 month selling for 4.5 trillion.

Although i have to come with smart plan about how to invest 4.5 trillion
1 - Buy some farms from auction. Preferably coffee, grain, corn, cotton. 1000-1
2 - Play on VIRTs stock exchange
3 - Buy some bonds

Any ideas? Please don't suggest give money to you or build a city I roll! 

19.09.2015, 03:35

Last time edited : 19.09.2015, 04:05

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Small update (No pictures today Not so )

The villa went for 5 trillion which was a nice surprice for me but as it turned out i have got only 4.5 T. Taxes eat up 0.5 T (10%).

Anyway i v got some nice cash and i already spent some of it.

650 B i spent on a grain farm 1000-1 which i bought from auction. Grain isn't the best resource of all and there are a lot of it on free market but it is always nice to have your own. I will supply my 30 mills which make flour and one farm of such size should be more than enough.

Next thing i decided to get one more coffee farm with 50% discount in my new city so i went in stock market and bought 13 points (40B each, total of 530B). I already had 12 and get a total of 25, the exact amount needed for 1000-1 farm.

It might seem like a lot of money (1 farm would cost me about 1T if i bought all points from stock market) but actually it is not that much. Last time i v got same farm (1000-1 coffee) from auction for 800B. Now i have
3 coffee farms (1000-1)
1 graine (1000-1)
and 1 cotton (1000-1)

I almost have all coffee i need right now to supply my restaurants (i need 5000 ha coffee to cover all needs) but i want to stay 18th (and move forward) in best restaurants rating. To do so in long term i need my own coffee. There are quite a lot of coffee on free market but price starts from $150 and when you need like 3-5 mil per day, having your own farms makes a huge difference in total net income.

Now my income (positive cash flow) is 4-5 billion per day and i feel like quitting my corp was actually a good thing because i saved most of my valuable contacts but i don't have to bay 0.7 B per day to our "fund" which used for corp needs.

All what left i 3.5 T and i will try to get more farms from auction and soon i want to invest 4 points in science qualification cuz it is going to be 38 and i want to keep fast growth. 4 points from stock market = 200 B and i think i can pay such money. Also i might need to play some tenders again to gain additional cash because of my stock market games price on virts went from 40B to 50B and now i can make a lot by selling virts

Also i did a lot with science which is the most interesting game area for me at the moment

It is kinda funny how my interests change along with playing this game for 2+ years: retail, production, mining, fitness, improving qualifications, production, retail, fitness, restourants, playing in corporation, fishing industry, tenders, production, medicine, production, livestock, farming, improving qualifications, retail, politics, playing in corporation, politics, politics, tenders, politics, politics, improving qualifications, auctions, tenders, restourants, production, livestock, retail, energy, auto, medicine, restourants, farming, science... The funny part is that production was the most interesting game area for me for many times in past but it was a long way until i found my interest in science 

20.09.2015, 23:01

Last time edited : 20.09.2015, 23:13

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Next stop - stock market. I wanted try something big, something interesting and i still need to find a good place to invest my cash so let's crash the stock market! Very we!

So what do we have here? 52 virts on stock for a reasonable price 43-50. Let's buy them all!

Hell yeah Pancake

After the deal i have left exactly 1 trillion

Now i have to figure out selling price. Obvioslly it should be higher than 50B (45B+ as avarage) so i will make 3 sell offers 55, 60 and 65 B each. 15 virts per offer

There it is

And then let's just wait when people start complaining on Russian forum "what's up with stock market?" I roll! Let's hope there won't be any stock market tax in the game after my small trading I roll!

My tactical advantage is that i know many people on Vera and 80% of virts won by very slamm group of people. They rarely sell virts and they will be happy to sell them for higher price. Although the thing is that it can take long time for me when someone decided to buy (after all 2.5 T is a lot of money) but there are some people who might need a lot of virts and many of them can pay 55B for few. Te only danger in my case would be if now s1 wound throw 10-20 virts for 45-50B and block my price but i thing he/she won't do that and if they will sell virts, now they going to sell them for 54B at least. I have a big hope that administration will have some events/auctions when people going to need a lot of points and then i will sell many.

If i sell all virts for such pices i would earn 3155 B and net income would be 755 B.

ps I hate that they call it "bid" and "ask" and made prices in millions, so confusing... 

21.09.2015, 13:47

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

That must be some hell of risky adventure but exciting nonetheless.

I think it could paid off instantly if it's done just before the recent construction craze sweeped over the game. On Lien stock market just before the event the virts would normally go for 50-55 trl. and after it went up to 60 and hit the roof at 75 if I'm not mistaken.

So better put your clairvoyance helmet on and predict the timing of next events and "the stock market shark" tag will be officially yours.

Thanks for blogging about your financial endevours. It's an interesting read. Keep us updated. 

27.09.2015, 08:15

Last time edited : 27.09.2015, 08:27

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Gendalf04 - i thought about my investment i end up changing my mind. I just can't sell all these points because people not buyng this many. Next day someone put 5 more offers with prices 46-47-48 etc so he beat me up cuz i cant decrease price lower than that. I could just wait 3-6 month to sell all these points but i am not that patient

So i just took all 52 points from stock market and boght my 1st 5000-1 farm with 50% discount in a city which i built during this construction event

Now i will have more than enough coffee and i finally can stop talking about it

Next stop is my qualifications

Yesterday i did something with Production (boost its growth from 6.1 => 7.9) and screw up livestock but i'll fix it tomorrow

The trick is in distribution of top1 and top3 load

I am doing national cloth manufacturing at most and the highest tech available now is 12, i have installed 10th
With all this my Q can carry 18-19 tech and with 18-19 i would have top1 load about 60-80% but with 10th tech i have load top1 only about 10-15%. And top 3 (total # of workers) is loaded on 119% with which it is perfect to load top1 (current subdivision) on 80%. The question is - how to load it if the highest available tech is = 12? Well i just hired workers with higher qualification which would add up top1 to 60-80%. That is how i boost my Q growth in manufacturing. I did the same with livestock but it overload my office cuz most of my farms located in one region.

Prime cost of each unit will raise a bit because of higher salary but i can compensate it with education.

One last clarification bc i feel not everybody could get what i said in the first place

I don't need workers with Qualification of 11.79 (i need 6.81) but actually i kinda do, in terms of qualification growth

And the last thing is a bit bragging, even thought i quit politics, i could not leave my old and loved city of Turku. i became mayor of this city like a year ago and it was just an ordinary city with Wealth level of 18 and now it is in top 10 richest cities on vera by Wealth level with...

The secret is to increase salary, population and choose a retail specialization which you will constantly boost. For example in this city i only improve Household goods (Finland, ikea...) for a long time and let people know that i am doing so in city's description

Not that bad for a small city in Finland, eh? Well

The problem is that i just can't leave this city and lose elections because it will be impossible to win it back with my tent

City's budget

ps if u like this topic like and subscribe, just put + in initial topic message To wink 

2.10.2015, 06:39

Last time edited : 2.10.2015, 07:56

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

It takes administration a bit time to traslate and publish a description of a new update so i'll make a short review to give out some spoilers to those who read my topic Well

1 - Marketing service. Subscribing to "Marketing services" gives access to group or automated operations, related to the advertising of your company's goods or services.

This thing is great and for now price is just 1 point for 30 days. It might increse in future so hurry up to try it out

1.1 - Marketing report with all advitised goods (brands) in the company
1.2 - An easy way to access all marketing budgets of all subdivisions
1.3 - Tools to manage your budget in a convenient way (limit total budget, minimum support of brads so it would stay the same, etc)

After all this is what we have been asking for a long time. A bit sad that it is not going to be not free but what you can do... Still good to have it in game

2 - System messages improved. Now it combined together in certain cases for easier access. Also there are new messages about techs research when it goes to the next stage (FINALLY!!!!)
3 - Repairman and HR Department have been improved a bit
4 - New feature for corporations! A technologies summary page shows all you need to know about technologies known by members of ur corp so u can ask for a license (and it just nice to have this data). This is is also very cool and we asked for it for a long time. Also it is part of improving corporate functional
5 - Pages have been improved in terms of disign.

If something went wrong in game after new update, push CTRL+F5

Thanks to Diska and Administration for good work and for listening what we asking them to add or change Well 

7.10.2015, 00:51

Last time edited : 13.07.2016, 01:26

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Battle of Britain

This might have been the biggest elections yet in game history

UK
UK in Vera belongs to one of the oldest and powerful force in game - COK corporation. Country has 40% tax rate and many of customs duties 100-150% which makes it one of the most profitable country. These numbers stay the same since the beginning. The center of power is the capital - London. City with 11 million people and huge markets. COK's heart always was there, in London, and it has a nice protection of Palace and few other Villas. The second line of protection is retail power of COK's members in the city. Many of TOP stores located in down town London so even if someone would get more political power, they can just win by trade superiority.

Many times another political force tried to capture such nice piece of land but their Positions were not strong. Without London you not going to have enough votes in governor's council to capture the region and COK has a Palace there.

The attack started with city building event. Few cities appeared on the map each costs more than 5 trillion. In each city many huge farms were placed to get additional votes and because there was 50% discount. Such action extended England's map and decreased London's power.

Next step was to create proxy Patriots party which has a huge local advantage. Although the main question was - how can you beat the palace? The answer is - with 2 palaces!

Political advantage is not everything when it comes to such big city so everything will be determined in the field of retail war. I decided to help a bit and my stores + restaurants get about 0.18% votes with total of 7 billion revenue. Now imagine the scale of having 5%. This 0.18% cost me 25 billion. 5 stores with 50 million per day advertising and goods on 22 B just for this election. Some people had 30-50 stores for this election, each with 100-150 m daily advertising, brand = 6-7 for each sold good and god knows how much money spent on good purchases.

Top by retail

This was a great example of team work and before COK showed such power when they captured Uzbekistan. The battle is won by "King's landing" which is a group of top players who left from the recent collapse of biggest party - Keys keepers. Some of players after collapse left to COK, most went to "King's landing" and some left to smaller parties.

The fight is won but the battle isn't over. COK going to strike back and King's landing might attack again in another place.
Political war in Vera is back! 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> VirtoBlog

• Page: