Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> [Personal challenge] 1.5 month 250 mil

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Voting:  

Will i make it?

Voting duration:

Start: 28.03.2015, 22:03

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- No

- Super goal

- Optimistic goal

- Basic goal

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 28.03.2015, 22:03

Last time edited : 5.05.2015, 08:24

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I just started playing on Mary and i set up a goal for my self

Basic goal: After 1.5 month achieve 0.25 bilion (250 mil) of net profit per day [DONE! Not precisely]
Optimistic goal: After 1.5 month achieve 0.5 bilion of net profit per day
Super goal: After 1.5 month achieve 1 bilion of net profit per day

Today is March 28 and due date for this assignment will be April 28

To be fare, i started with a good cash (10 billion) which i'v got from exchanging 1 virt

Today my numbers are: (Profit -$7.000.000 and i need +$250,000,000)

I'v been playing here for 1-2 weeks, so techinchhy goal is to get 250 mil after 1.5 mount with start cash of 10 bil
Also, i ll try to not spend more virts and points and do not receive any help from other players

I will publish my Financial report here sometimes and will explain what i am doing and my plans and strategy

Wish me luck Very we!   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.03.2015, 23:44

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Good luck Well 

29.03.2015, 03:33

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

You are paying almost a million in taxes, so that means you are making quite a good profit, regardless of the expenses you might have right now (most likely, from long term investments).

With restaurants is quite easy to get quick incomes, and watching the pace at which you have expanded, it is quite likely to achieve those goals by then.

And with that cash injection, much faster to achive yet. 

29.03.2015, 06:34

Last time edited : 29.03.2015, 09:52

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I set up basic goal of 1.5 billions as a start but than i start thinking. Goal should be realistic and i have around 1.5 - 2 bil net profit on Vera now, but there i'v been playing for almost 2 years...

Only hope here was the fact that markets are quite empty. In the conclusion i reduced basic goal to 250 mil (Which is still going to be hard)

Here is my plan:

Stage one - "Cape of Good Hope"

Main goal on a first stage is to improve qualification, as fast as i can. Every qualification possible. That's why it doesn't really matter where i am starting my bussiness. My complany, Red Swarm LTD (RED - Cuz i was born in USSR Very we!) based in south africa near beautiful and meaningful Cape of Good Hope. My mission is based on hope and what can be better place to start an international business?

Main sources of income are stores and restaurants. Stores can bring up more money with smart management, but restaurants are easier to set up and to control. For stores i am going to need create my own production lines and for now i have all factories needed to supply my restaurants. Only one problem for me is shortage of coffee on the realm at the moment but i'll figure something out

Additionally other sources of income would be auto repair places and hospitals.

Stage two - "la costa"

Second stage is all about moving my restaurants to the Mexico looking for higher profit because obviously i can't succeed staying in Africa. In addition to that i will set up production in Mexico which i am going to need for my 3rd stage.

Stage three - "there will be blood" or "I'v come here to chew bubblegum and kick..."

US. Biggest market with insane potential income will be my final destination. There i am going to need products from my Mexican factories to sell them for super high prices. Many medium size stores will cover cost to cost and luckily i will have my 250 mil of net income daily.

On the 2nd day financial numbers look like that

Journey begins here 

29.03.2015, 15:24

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

good luck!

If it can be done, you're the player to pull it off :-) 

30.03.2015, 21:26

Last time edited : 30.03.2015, 21:56

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

With very low qualification of 2 (1+1) i am setting up few hospitals in Africa. Let's see how fast they can become profitable.

Because there are many diagnostic centers already i've decided to open dental clinics. It is quite hard to get cheap supplies but competition is near to 0 so i might be able to set very high prices. For now i set all prices at 25k and price cost is around 15k.

Stores are doing fine tho. All 4 closed with a small profit. Just selling socks... Nothing else Not precisely

In the mean time company aren't doing good. Profits are still negative because of huge investment spending and revenues aren't growing fast enough...

2.04.2015, 06:15

Last time edited : 2.04.2015, 06:17

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

So far so... bad?

Well i am not going good in terms of total income, even though qualifications grow as fast as possible

Dental clinics which i set up few days ago have smalles possible size and it tuns out that some cityes have saturated (hope it s a right word) market where all Market volume is already captured and competition is hard. Even thought there is almost nobody doing detnal, it doesn't matter because market is full and now i have to compete with a guy like this

Sure he has small size as well but equipments and workers Q is quite high for me. Luckily this is just one city and i can raise prices 200% or even more in some places.

Main problem now is that my offices are loaded 95% and i need much more power (ergo qualification) to start a serious TV companies for my restaurants. Without this i am not going to make good money 

5.04.2015, 06:45

Last time edited : 5.04.2015, 06:47

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Break even is coming

Everything look better today, i am getting to break even point even though for now somehow i spend 3 billion already which is crazy. I still have 6.8 left and i hope major investments are already done.

To find out what goes well i d prefer to look at financial report by products (or by units), for now it looks like that

These socks will be my major good for trading in stores and when i am going to move out of africa, now i set up only one factory but there will be 4-5 later. Why socks? It is relatively new good and markets are quite empty plus it s easy to produce.

For example now i need
12k of fabric (price $111)
2.4k of synthetic fabric (price $490)
Total of $2.5 mil + $0.13 mil of salary = $2.63 mil

And i ll get 24k of socks with a prime cost of $115 (I v got prime cost $35 on Vera due to low salary and workers training)

i can sell it in my stores for $300-400 per each which give me 7,200,000 - 9,600,000 just from one not full loaded factory. In US i would be able sell it for 600-1000 and then i should have 5-10 factories which will bring me around 100- 200 mil per day (as a positive prediction) just from socks and with that i will almost achieve my minimum goal.

Also dental clinics keep expanding to size of 1000 and with that i ll make addition money.

And the last thing is that i set up few laboratories which not going to be profitable (probably never) but they will improve my qualifications and allow me to research some nice technologies which i am going to need soon

5.04.2015, 18:48

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

If may I nose into your clothing business, I would suggest you to get into the Mexican stuff. I'm producing sombreros by a crappy price and selling each unit for $4000. It's a crazy market right now. 

5.04.2015, 22:13

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I know Very we! This is my next step, factories almost done 

8.04.2015, 00:44

Last time edited : 8.04.2015, 01:21

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Across the ocean

Factories in Mexico under construction. Honestly i think Sombro is an OP (over powered) good. It is crazy cheap to produce, it has + 20.00 % Quality bonus in Mexico and people buying a lot of it when it supposed to be have a very little demand. Anyway, that's what works now and i am going to abuse it soon.

To start building factories in mexico i had to rent an empty office there cuz i don't have enough Q to load it yet

What is up with restaurants? Nothing, they working well but i don't have enough Q to set up MAX adv and to have full load so now each bringing just 1-2 mil per day. Almost nothing

I have to set price of 20k when it should be 3-5k to sell more and get more total profit but i simply can't cuz my supplyies are quite expensive.

People often ask, what is better, sell 100 units for $50 or sell 50 units for $100? I used to say 50 units cuz that way you'll spend less on supplies but in this game price works realistic way and for $50 u d sell not 100 but let's say 125 units (elasticity) which in total will be more efficient so u always have to sell max of ur max capacity in restaurants IF u can sell it cheaper than cost of supplies

Main problem is still low management Q even though it growing as fast as possible

Hospitals doing fine even with such low Q bringing a milion each except those which are extending

I am too lazy to improve service sector Q cuz i know for sure it wouldnt give me any good money but it will tale offices load which i need really badly now

Last thing today is my Success level which is 61th on the realm. My goal is 30-40. Even Though i am improving almost of free Q (except energy which i should get into but i am suspecting no available equipment and no profits) success level should be higher. I am 25th on Vera and u can be in top 10 only if u also improving Agriculture, Fishing and such

Today's profit is -21 million... 

8.04.2015, 10:44

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i'd still look at auto-repair shops ; as seen on the ratings chart it offers decent profits despite low qualifications. 

11.04.2015, 03:07

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I am stuck in Africa now bc of my low management qualification. I have to move out soon otherwise i won't make it. I am surprised so many people voted that i ll make it. I have 18 days left and my basic goal was $250,000,000 of profit when now it is -21,000,000 I roll! And it wasn't a positive number since beginning Cheerfully

I can't make good money with Autorepar in Africa, so when i move out i might open auto repair somewhere else 

11.04.2015, 08:02

Last time edited : 11.04.2015, 08:07

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Finally

Day opened with +38 mil (15% of the goal) which i waited for since beginning of the challenge

30% of the profits come from warehouses and this is not quite source i expected to be the main one. I am not selling goods to myself for higher price than i bought so i thing this is relatively fare source of income but for a sake of challenge i am not sure if i should count it as 100% fare pfofit

What i really wanna achieve is profit in Medicine, Pharmacy and Beauty industry + trade + Services sector, excluding Industry-wide enterprises but we'll see how it will go further

Restaurants doing horrible bc i overbought supplies and due to low efficiency bc of offices over load. This will be fixed tomorrow

Tomorrow efficiency will be 95%... With a load of 105%. Still can't get lower than 100%, i am considering closing labs and farm bc i don't really need em right now

Plus i finally able to set up 3rd office in Mexico for my factories

So there are a lot of issues but i can see a small hope 

11.04.2015, 12:56

Last time edited : 11.04.2015, 14:40

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

if you don't mind, i'd like to comment about an issue here:

-you're waisting office workers because to many of them are hired in the same office. This is caused by low computer quality in that office and probably also by having to many subdivisions in the same region

- regions with low wealth are a good place for low cost production but sales to the invisible virto-buyers should be focused on wealthiest regions 

11.04.2015, 19:13

NobodyAtAll
Macedonian common amphora Three years with Virtonomics

More offices with fewer, higher quality workers is definitely the way to go if you are hitting your top 3 on management. I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually make quite a bit from some small stores spread through the US, even if you can't hit 100% efficiency on them. I have a single 100000 sq m in Boston that makes me 200 million in profit every turn that I Can only operate at 55-70% efficiency, it was making me 350-450 million before more competition moved in. I would assume even a 1000 sq m could make quite a bit of money.

Also, you should probably at least glance at the tenders every now and then: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/tender/29878 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> [Personal challenge] 1.5 month 250 mil

• Page: