Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Epic fails

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.05.2015, 06:24

Last time edited : 13.11.2015, 23:46

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

A collection of all stupid mistakes which people have done in Virtonomics

I'll start

Today i have got bunch of interesting messages Cheerfully

• Page:
Message list:  

9.07.2015, 20:10

JoeySatriani1980
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Rouwenhorst International
m:
JoeSim Incorporated

I just started. And when my first supply came to me today, I realised that I bought most of them too expensive with too low quality.
So I hope it will sell, or otherwise I have to sell it with no profit at all. 

10.07.2015, 16:46

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

JoeySatriani1980
Satch

Satriani rocks.  I wore out Dreaming #11 EP back in the day. 

10.07.2015, 18:59

JoeySatriani1980
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Rouwenhorst International
m:
JoeSim Incorporated

Hehe yeah he does for sure! 

21.07.2015, 19:59.     Subject: Chemical factory

franciscojrcosta
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Atlantis Ltd

Buying a chemical factory with size of 10.000 workers without checking the stored raw materials. So I ended up with a factory with

- 106.852.776 of chemicals (low quality and high price)
- 20.276.420 of oil more expensive than the one from the game independent supplier
- 2.087.556 of coal (low quality and high price)
- 313.968 of manganese (low quality and high price)

The factory equipment is level 8 and workers qualification is level 1.44
I don't even want to remeber how much I paid for that.
Lets hope I can produce and sell things without too much loss.

ADVICE: REMEBER TO ALWAYS CHECK THE STORAGE OF A COMPANY YOU ARE BUYING! 

23.07.2015, 03:24

RichieRoby
Seven years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I made a few bad purchases in my time under my old company that I let go two years ago. But my biggest mistake was not keeping that company, and now coming back in 2015 to feed my addiction. ;-) 

7.08.2015, 03:29

Ghiby
Eight years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places
m:
ITG Corp.

good and funny topic, good idea to talk about...

in my case, I would say the same thing - like francis here - buying a new factory or farm, or some other production unit, without checking the inventory and/or supplies already existing so me too I ended up (not just once) with an oversupply of low quality products at high price

to top it off, I also forgot to check the tech of the unit, so I ended up few times with a much higher tech than I could handle, so I had to wait for the tech to catch up with me... hehe...

did I learned something from this..??.. yeah, always check the inventory and supplies, the equipment, the workers if any, and not least always check the tech too, before buying a new unit from other players

do I follow my own advice..??.. hehe... not always, as sometimes I'm in hurry, so I still mess up things... hehe... 

7.09.2015, 20:05

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I don't think I have any real epic fails yet (or I'm too shy to admit I had them To you), so then I might as well share my epic wins from the last week, since there isn't an appropriate topic for that, yet Well

TyStuFF 7 September 2015 — 05:30 Victory in the tender!
TyStuFF 7 September 2015 — 05:30 You have won the Contest for Presidents!
TyStuFF 4 September 2015 — 05:11 Victory in the tender!
TyStuFF 4 September 2015 — 05:11 Victory in the tender!
TyStuFF 3 September 2015 — 05:31 Victory in the tender!
TyStuFF 2 September 2015 — 05:10 Victory in the tender!
TyStuFF 1 September 2015 — 05:30 Victory in the tender!
TyStuFF 31 August 2015 — 05:10 Victory in the tender! 

8.09.2015, 12:50

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Create the topic man!;) [Epic Wins / Success]
I ll make it attached ;)

This topic is needed as well 

8.09.2015, 12:53

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

by the smallest of margins... Epic! Congratulations to you and Arthion for this great battle!

Must be quite a rush to the head to wake up (did you sleep?) and find this message in your inbox.

Curious to see how you're going to spend your virts... (you wrote something on founding a new city...) 

8.09.2015, 22:10

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'll make the topic, it's more fun to read happy stories anyway! Thanks!

It was a big challenge indeed! I was seriously surprised and overwhelmed about the efforts needed to achieve it.

Spending the virts would be the greatest challenge of all I think. Probably I would spend some cash on a city, but I can't make up my mind yet on the properties I want to get. I thought about a huge farm or plantation, but that would take ages to earn back the value of the VIRTs compared to the current stock market value To you
Alternative ideas:
-Raising qualifications to achieve more income.
-City + House for 50% + Small farm -> Extra resources + Mayor + Governor + Head of state 

10.09.2015, 23:30

TyStuFF

I do have an epic failure now: I wanted to offer 10 VIRTs for sale on the stock market for 75 billion piece, but accidentally typed 75M instead of 75.000M; So I instantly ended op with 10 x 55.5B.

Now I seriously feel sadNot so 

11.09.2015, 12:37

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

^ 26% loss is better then 99.9% ;) 

22.12.2015, 19:48

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

I accidentally bought a level 8 range tech for close to 1B I was researching at the time.PancakeI am malicious Epic to me anyways! To you 

23.12.2015, 00:36

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

jeka_igla
I think if you change size the result not going to be calculated for you (same as in tenders), but i am sure few dummies not intelligent people will do so and change it to the biggest size

Oops! 

23.12.2015, 06:14

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

jeka_igla
I think if you change size the result not going to be calculated for you (same as in tenders), but i am sure few dummies not intelligent people will do so and change it to the biggest size

That's about contest for tycoons, right? I think the size of the store could be altered as many times as you want, but should be at the size as stated in the rules before the calculations starts.
I did it many times in tenders without being kicked out, when changing the size or the place of it would lessen popularity, hence the number visitors, which can be critical in small size stores to keep the service at elite level.

As for joining in Epic Fails club, my biggest regret for now would be spending unwisely the earnings from contest for presidents. I bought a tent, which I don't need anymore. Bought some barns, which are useless. What I was thinking? The urge to try politics in here, seems like clouded my mind for a bit. To make things little worse, I bought a sawmill for 30 points 2 days ago(1st level), when today there are huge discount offerings presented ( for 31 point I could get same size sawmill of 3rd level).

Ok, I didn't paid real money, but earned through the contest, so no big deal. My takeaway from my mistimed actions would not to rush and save the virts/points for a better times. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Epic fails

• Page: