Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Epic fails

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.05.2015, 06:24

Last time edited : 13.11.2015, 23:46

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

A collection of all stupid mistakes which people have done in Virtonomics

I'll start

Today i have got bunch of interesting messages Cheerfully

• Page:
Message list:  

11.05.2015, 06:32

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

My main mistakes:

-Lending 4 VIRTs to a player (initially the were 3) that after reaching level 10 in management in time for getting the prize, left the game.

-Adquiring a coal mine for 1 point, with intention of starting the growth in mining. The thing is that I don't plan to sink points into restocking mines, so it was a waste.

-Playing 10 Broker-Yard games at the same time, and forgot to check them one day. All of them gone to hell.

-The Exchequer incident. Don't ask. To you

-And sorry to say this but, managing the warehouse for the NDP. To you It was a kind plan, but looks like the results were not good, and now I'm stuck with it and some factories and farms leeching from my qualification. 

11.05.2015, 06:44

Last time edited : 11.05.2015, 06:51

jeka_igla
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

One more today from me. I created a party for 3 points. Picked a platform. Then realized that i want a different platform and created a new one Very we!

Same topic on Russian forum has over 300 replies. So i am sure that any player have something to say here Cheerfully 

11.05.2015, 11:33

Last time edited : 11.05.2015, 11:42

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Broker yard game.
I was 1st with a very good advantage to the second. However, one of the colors had a very low price so there was a remote possibility of loosing.
I put all my money on that color and increased it by +30. It ended up on negative. The second place didn't make a move that turn and won the game Well

Grapes
I found a factory for sale with 5 million Q5 grapes. I moved the stock to an internal sales warehouse. The grapes were in "to any customer" on that warehouse, price equal to 1$. I only noticed after I sold them... 

11.05.2015, 13:20

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

Bought an oil well for 18 points............ Next day, the "Fuel paradise" starts, so i could by a well for 5 points
I roll! 

11.05.2015, 14:54

Last time edited : 11.05.2015, 16:47

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: master Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Fail: as newer player, I retailed tons of low priced goods in superstores. They were profitable, but made me almost quit the game they were such a pain to maintain. Now I mainly wholesale or retail low volume high price product. It's good for the bottom line, good for my sanity.

Also when I first started retailing I did it without doing market research.  That didn't work out well. 

11.05.2015, 18:15

Last time edited : 11.05.2015, 19:27

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

- exposed a tech for gazillions by copy-pasting a calculated result twice; got charged 71 Trillion of tech fee during the update
- clicked a wrong button deleting cookers worth 150 Billion
- wasted game points several times by buying a quality boost instead of solar panels
- posted pricky messages at the forum when i was wasted myself
- freaked out,  instead of taking it as a compliment, when someone called me an ass-wipe at the chat

11.05.2015, 19:20

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:

Oh man.....
150 billion in cookers?
My entire company does not worth 150 billion :-D 

12.05.2015, 13:08

Xeonos

Real smart stuff.

- Buying cattle for the wrong farm. (on the farm without grain)
- Setting sales prices of factories to real cheap, finding out the next day that I forgot to put ''my company only''
- Accidentally firing my highly trained employees.
- Buying the wrong tech. (not the one I researched but the 150 billion one I didn't need.) 

12.05.2015, 14:57

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

- Accidentally sunk a few points in factory upgrades.
- In my bid to have access to 'ALL' resources, sunk in 10 points on a goddamn grape plantation with no potential to grow other resources.
- Same goes for a cocoa plantation
- Setting a sales price of around $50 for Q10 gold and forgot to use the 'only to my company' tab. Instead, sold it to general public until my reserves fell from 200,000 units to just 50,000 units. 

14.05.2015, 18:58

Tee_Bickle
Egypt retail leader Thirteen years With Virtonomics Coral Coral Mask Mask Mask Mask
Italy retail leader Shock-worker of Virtonomics Swedish profile Swedish profile Père Noël Olentzero Julebukk Sinterklaas
Tovlis babua Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Biology teacher Physics teacher "Point and shoot"
Chewing gum Fishing spoon Brazil retail leader Gold SIM Kindergarten's Leader Festive glasses Festive glasses Festive glasses
Jubilee Ten Angola retail leader Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Double corporate chevron Mandarin duck
Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Denmark retail leader World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Mechanic USA retail leader Mexico retail leader Ball of Costa Rica Argentina retail leader Cuba retail leader Common amphora of Heraklion Greece retail leader
Doomsday Calendar Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Restaurateur Medicaster Top Technologist Retail Elite
Fitness Tycoon Uzbekistan retail leader Top Social Ranking United Kingdom retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Turkey retail leader South Africa retail leader World's retail leader Leader in technologies
m:
Bickle International

- forgot to purchase Company Logo service so I could not compete in competition for Presidents.
- accidentally pushing wrong buttons, for instance deleting raw materials (red truck)
- selling decor studio tech way too cheap (for a few days, but it made several players happy Very we!
- forgetting to check the tenders, I hate the message that I could have won a tender. Eyes in a heap 

16.05.2015, 15:46

Last time edited : 16.05.2015, 15:47

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

I have a new one!  Reaching level 31 in science research on the third day of an amateur league tender which I was at first place! Price was one virt.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/tender/30412 ...  

16.05.2015, 17:02

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Pyrex
I have a new one!  Reaching level 31 in science research on the third day of an amateur league tender which I was at first place! Price was one virt.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/tender/30412 ...

And man, I'm glad for it. XD Sometimes I have an unusually amazing luck. 

20.05.2015, 07:49

Last time edited : 20.05.2015, 07:52

ARAAB
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Samy A. Ltd.

- won a spot in the managers contest and couldn't collect bcoz i was lvl7 management.
- Issued Bonds more than half of my assets and now that i need those for the Directors contest i have to start the contest       18 turns late before other members with me.

& A lot more to come from a new Comer Very we! 

28.05.2015, 09:15

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Fortunately no big slip yet, still a few minor ones:

□ Selected the wrong radio button and purchased a brand new tech-13 for $3B while I had tech-12 in the bag. That was 1/6 of all my cash.

□ All of the players who stole the badges in contests from me (Pandemius, JulianB and Roman S.M) stopped playing immediately after the contests: first one returned to Russian realms to his mega-corporation, second stopped playing the game and the third was a cheater who has been arrested. All those good badges have been put to waste. In my coward nostalgic moments, I review every CP in progress to see how things are happening there, and it's hard on me to see those poor results win. 

29.05.2015, 00:13

Last time edited : 29.05.2015, 00:14

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

My biggest mistake was attempting to keep the meat prices at 8+ for q4 or lower. Warehouse storage fees sent the company into a huge debt. I pulled out on the 2 nd last day of liquidation. That was some 2+ years ago...

Spending points on coal power

Much like CTC I'm just a little big boy middle man with resources To you 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Epic fails

• Page: