Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Anyone willing to share their experience?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 28.12.2015, 12:02

Swaymaster
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Hi guys I'm a Business Administration Major in Marketing student and I wanna learn something new not only by playing the game but also through stories, experiences or whatever kind of thing you guys are willing to share for me when it comes to marketing or better yet in starting a business in real life if you guys won't mind! Very we!   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.12.2015, 17:23

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Is it me, or are educations a some kind of modern religion? The church of education is very popular I suppose.

Your question has so many kinds of possible answers. So not really sure what I should say. But I can say any kind of education doesn't really make you capable of starting your own business, it's mostly a natural skill. And even if you have the natural skills do to so, you rely a lot on the opportunities offered where you don't have any influence on. For example for me it was a decade ago very easy to make a decent dime out of a business with minor effort, and now it's more like mission impossible (or mostly huge funding requirements). 

29.12.2015, 12:49

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

I have no business background, I wish it was as easy as this game. It's hard in the U.S. to make a buck, and it only gets worse. Tears

Is marketing a good field these days? Seems like it would be a tough job. I could use some marketing skills in this game. To you

If I understand you Ty, it has become a gold mine education. All for a piece of paper that doesn't prepare you much for the real world! Not saying this game is close to real life but you might learn more playing sims than a classroom IMO. That said, education has become a must and the days of apprenticeship are over.

I see the U.S. has become an advertising mecca where companies dump all the money in advertising, CEO's, Unions....go bankrupt and rename....rinse and repeat. Imagine how many Coke's you have to sell to pay for a 100 million dollar commercial. That's how I see the world! Yes 

29.12.2015, 17:44

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

windps

I see the U.S. has become an advertising mecca where companies dump all the money in advertising, CEO's, Unions....go bankrupt and rename....rinse and repeat. Imagine how many Coke's you have to sell to pay for a 100 million dollar commercial. That's how I see the world! Yes

iirc: Pfizer spends more on marketing than on research for new medicine... 

30.12.2015, 03:02.     Subject: So my education in college was useless :(?

Swaymaster
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I should have just saved the money for capital :/. 

30.12.2015, 03:28

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I am sharing my game experience here from time to time
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/105053/view ...

Also, here Ridiculously
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/105329/view ...  

30.12.2015, 04:04

Last time edited : 30.12.2015, 04:09

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

It's funny you actually come to that conclusion based on a few messages. Do you actually believe in yourself? Seriously believe in yourself? How can you come up with a conclusion like this, if you don't believe in yourself?

You can become rich. You can end up in huge debts. Everything is possible.

I don't know you, so I can't really say much useful to you, especially if you only made a topic with a vague story ending with a senseless conclusion.

Believe in yourself, seriously believe in yourself. And come up with a plan, just about your life in general. Whether you start a business, find a job, whatever it might be, and just do it. Don't question too much what you do, as long as you are convinced it's the right thing to do.

For the record: I lived the good life as an entrepreneur. I had several good moments, even traded stuff online when I still was 15. And now, I don't know what to do, no opportunities and mostly I don't believe in myself any more. And I might do the odd thing called education, because that's the only option that now makes seriously sense in my mind, after I first tasted the entrepreneurship a decade ago.

And I'm sure you have the same sort "situation" where you are considering plenty of options. But from what I sense you don't have an option which makes proper sense to you yet.

Probably this sounds like a lot of blabla, typical for me to write just before I'm going to sleep. But it are some natural thoughts, words popping out of myself.

From lazy high school kid making a few hundred bucks each month, ending up with lazy stacking of debts, a new car instantly, repaying debts and just have a regular job in several warehouses, and now back to square one. I just wish you something better than that. 

30.12.2015, 10:09

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Who are you replying to exactly? 

30.12.2015, 13:00

Swaymaster

1.Hey stuff what was your business when you were an entrepreneur, what are you doing right now?

2.Why would you not believe in yourself anymore?

3.As you have said about your experience with ending up with huge stack of debts, how did it happen?

4. By any chance do you know a unique product that I might try and do as a feasibility study? 

30.12.2015, 15:02

TyStuFF

This topic is about you, not about me. I do you a favour by giving you my point of view, and you give my posts a negative rating, because it questions you as a person.

So it's pretty clear to me you just want to hear things you want to hear.

Therefore I'm not giving any answers to your questions, you ruined it for yourself by down rating my posts, so I don't feel like I owe you any further explanation. And like I said I'm the one doing you a favour, it's not the other way around.

If you really want constructive feedback you should open up yourself, show people that you are a motivated person, and then I'm sure you get some decent feedback.

Welcome to the real world. Where 99.9% accuracy is the norm, a far higher expectation than you have as a student. 

30.12.2015, 16:16

Last time edited : 30.12.2015, 19:08

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Swaymaster, guessing by the fact that you're a student it can be assumed that you're at the starting point of your career. You probably didn't earn and not saved that much $ yet so that it would seriously effect your future. Resorting to frustration just because of a few words from others isn't going to get you anywhere, thats why TyStuff is right to point out that the most important thing is to believe in yourself in any stage of your life.

In your field of marketing your aim is selling refrigerators to the Eskimos; they'll definitely come up with arguments you don't like to hear but expressing dismay and getting back at them won't get you any closer to success. Instead, it reduces your input. Especially in the field of marketing and business startup you'll want constant feedback, no matter negative or positive, to understand how you can close a deal; people hardly buy what you want to sell them unless you make them believe that they actually want it at their own.

My point here: know yourself, stay positive and open-minded, keep listening and constantly improve and re-invent yourself and your product/business. Never resort to self-pity because it absorbs valuable energy and focus.

"If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got"

— ALBERT EINSTEIN

aka "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" 

30.12.2015, 17:04

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Look at this from sway’s point of view.

Sway says he’s a student, shares with us that he’s into advertising and possibly starting his own business and asks for our advice and support.

We tell him for starting a business his hard worked education does not mean much.  That’s depressing, but it’s a valid opinion.

TyStuFF
But I can say any kind of education doesn't really make you capable of starting your own business, it's mostly a natural skill.

I don’t know if sway agrees or not, but he’s nice and says something agreeable like
swaymaster
I should have just saved the money for capital :/.

Then, assuming Ty is replying to sway, sway is told that he’s basically a weak spine dummy to have come to this “senseless conclusion”.

TyStuFF
It's funny you actually come to that conclusion based on a few messages. Do you actually believe in yourself?... especially if you only made a topic with a vague story ending with a senseless conclusion.

You just gave him that advice, so don’t flame him for agreeing with you.

And of course, after being flamed, you get negative marks.

So no one has helped sway at all, maybe we should get back on topic (and back in the right sprit). 

31.12.2015, 12:40

windps

One of the things I'm a little confused with is we seem to be getting real life and this game confused, not sure they really go together. Like I said I have no business background I just play for fun, ask many questions on here about the game and I suppose some of them I look stupid in asking. I think when people open a topic like this it normally is a do all the work for me post. As in life and this game I mostly try to figure things out on my own and if i'm having issues achieving that I ask specific questions or out of frustration I rant.

I'm not saying the OP is really like that...I really have no clue, it just rubs people the wrong way when out of the blue on a forum someone asks if you will sell me something or how do I win this game. Part of the fun of life and games are you figure it out on your own. If you take the advice of everyone here you will not only be confused but you will learn nothing for yourself. Not to say you can't learn from other people....I do.

I really don't mind helping people but help yourself first. Maybe that sounds harsh to some but it's seems people are always looking for handouts. It's why I don't really like asking for products very much in game. I don't wanna be knows as a taker.

Education is a well oil machine, it's been pushed that you MUST have an education, so much so that you can't compete without a piece of paper. It's all knowledge and no heart. I agree with Ty that people either have that drive or way about them or they don't. You will not "learn" much without either real world experience, or doing your research.

I'm careful because while I don't mind going against what people say i'm not a jerk, but you come off as needy. Do what lots of us do in game and I suppose in real life, research things you'd like to do and go from there. Not sure there are niche markets anymore but I'm not sure anyone would tell you if there was.

Sway, you started your account in April right? First comment?

Anyways, this topic kinda blew up....fun to watch though! Really? 

1.01.2016, 12:12

Swaymaster

did say willing to share their experience but then again you guys are making me the bad guy here because I only posted a question about what experiences you guys wanna share but instead you guys scold me and lecture me about being needy or not believing in myself. Furthermore, I don't do self pity nor do I become petty by getting angry and downvotes or some stuff like that as a matter of fact I only down voted your posts because they only show how condescending you are while making it appear like you are helping me so whatever the case I only asked for some experiences that you guys are willing to share and not some lecture about how needy I am becoming by asking a MERE question.

@tystuff you really dont know me but it seems that a few down rating votes made you mad and it seems to me you are just a petty condescending that really doesnt believe in himself but put others down in order to feel good about himself especially about the education thing that you said that sounded like you did not even went to college "Your question has so many kinds of possible answers. So not really sure what I should say. But I can say any kind of education doesn't really make you capable of starting your own business" so instead of bragging about things that you have no proof about but instead answer what my question was then you won't be a petty person at all.

@mike how did I get frustrated? I even asked about these things
1.Hey stuff what was your business when you were an entrepreneur, what are you doing right now?

2.Why would you not believe in yourself anymore?

3.As you have said about your experience with ending up with huge stack of debts, how did it happen?

4. By any chance do you know a unique product that I might try and do as a feasibility study?

you assume i don't have experience in receiving negative comments as well as no experience in the field but I did, I experienced getting shot down, refused and some good things like a good smile as well as positive feedbacks and negative feedbacks about my experience in school, you instantly said i got frustrated but you dont know what I experienced while I was in college, I experienced a lot on the field in marketing and sales because of the on job training that I received and an internship on a advertising firm, with all due respect I only asked for people who were willing to share their experience.

@windps I merely asked for anyone that was willing to share their real life experience in business and not how this game and their real life experience can help me through winning or getting good at this game so please do read the question that I posted instead of making obtuse remarks about me being needy because I never asked for any goods or whatever that they aren't willing so be mindful of what you say because what you said makes you kind of dense Well. 

1.01.2016, 14:31

Ksenija_
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

Dear Swaymaster,

Please don't get affended or frustrated. I assure you nobody here means any harm. You are always welcome to ask questions and debate on any topic of your interest. 

1.01.2016, 14:56

windps

Swaymaster

@windps I merely asked for anyone that was willing to share their real life experience in business and not how this game and their real life experience can help me through winning or getting good at this game so please do read the question that I posted instead of making obtuse remarks about me being needy because I never asked for any goods or whatever that they aren't willing so be mindful of what you say because what you said makes you kind of dense Well.

I guess you didn't really read my comment, funny you should call me dense. If that's what you get out of my post, not much more to say. I'll go post somewheres else!

BTW, this is a game forum. They have a off topic forum for that. Too dense?

It's funny I get a negative from someone "needy"YesCheerfully 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Anyone willing to share their experience?

• Page: