Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Interview with Jeka

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 25.12.2015, 10:32

Last time edited : 26.12.2015, 02:08

Ksenija_
Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

"I can't just play for fun....I like to dig deep and figure out exact mechanic and break the game code"

Jeka started playing Virtonomics three years ago. Since then he has achieved several milestones in the game: he was among top players in success level category on Vera and he is one of the fastest growing player.
As someone who was raised on video and online games, he is very enthusiastic about the behind-the-scenes aspects of game development. In fact, Jeka’s hobby is developing games on Android. Jeka has always been vocal about his ideas how to improve Virtonomics and a lot of his ideas were implemented. He has always been a very active and contributing member of Virtonomics communities (both Russian and English) and recently, Jeka has taken the role of a moderator on English-speaking forum.

Jeka, tell us about your background in online gaming.

I have been playing games since I remember myself. It is easier to name games, which I have not played than name games, which I played. I think it all started with Star Craft: Brood War. Than it were war craft 3 and other strategies. I have played online and I wasn't very good but I really enjoyed competitive gaming. After a while I stopped playing RTS and switched to global strategies, starting with Civilization. I played Civ online but each game took too long, so than I discovered Victoria and Europa Universalis. Those two are probably the most played games by me; I even developed some game mods. We also played these games online but it was really hard to find people who have 3-5 hours a day to do so, plus we had jobs and some real life things. I played Gothic 2, Morrowing, Fallout 2 and most of classic RPGs as well. I am a big fan of games but I like to dig deep and figure out exact mechanic and break the game code. I can't just play for fun and enjoy, I need a challenge. Games are not only my hobby, but also they have been my work for a while. I worked in small game developing studio and, when I was young, we gathered 5 people with who I developed small PC games, unfortunately this industry was pretty much dead in Russia, when I lived before.

That’s impressive! Would you consider developing games professionally?

I am not that good at it. Professional developing takes time and a lot of effort and my major is actually finance. Games are just a hobby and I am probably going to stay on indie level. Although, who can predict future? May be someday I will find a job in game making industry and get another education.

How did you come across Virtonomics?

Virtonomics has been on Russian internet for many years and I as well as many others have seen its advertising many times. First time I tried I didn't understand the game's mechanic and quit after 1st turn. After few years I came across this game again and some good man wrote me a message and offered his help. Then I won competitions with his help and here I am 3 years later...

So, the fact that you are one of most successful players is all thanks to that good man, right? You can give him a shout-out now…

His nick name is Andrey230 and he plays in Olga realm. These days he does not play a lot and we don't keep in touch. Huge thank to this guy anyway!

How does Virtonomics stand out from the rest of strategy games?

Virtonomics definitely stands out great deal, because so many recent so called econ strategies are actually not far from simple clicking arcades. I can hardly play a happy farm game. The golden age of management and tycoon games passed, but everything is not that dark after all. Sometimes we want developers to make deep and smart games because some people need those games and are willing to pay for them.

The achievements you are mostly proud of? Why?

I am top 10-15 by speed of qualification growth (its call success level in the game) in Vera and this is actually quite hard to achieve. Also I bought a villa which cost 250 points from an auction for game money using very tricky method ;) I spent 3.5 trillion on it and I had full control over the whole game country - Cuba. Later I sold this villa for 5 trillion.

You have always been an extremely active member of Virtonomics community. Since November, you have become one of the moderators on English-speaking forum. What are your plans for the forum?

As a forum moderator, I am definitely going to be active on English-speaking forum and will do my best for developing this community. I will maintain my Virtoblog where I share my game experience and might write some other guides.

What advice would you give to new players?

Don't give up in fist days! Those are the hardest. If you spend your time and effort to learn this awesome game it is reward you with years of great experience.Don't hesitate to ask for help in game forum, try to find a good game corporation and play in team. And, perhaps, wait on your good man to help you out…    

• Page:
Message list:  

26.12.2015, 02:16

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Jeka and Ksenija, you both do a great job as forum moderators.  Keep up the great work! 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Interview with Jeka

• Page: