Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> World Cup 2014

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 21.06.2014, 23:50

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Who's following it?
Your favorites?
Germany for me. No one better than them!    

• Page:
Message list:  

3.07.2014, 12:12

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

again, it is proven that I know nothing about football. According to bookmakers - who make their money assessing odds - most likely to win their game are:
Holland (1.5 to 1)
Brazil (1.87)
Argentina (2.15)
Germany (2.45)
France (3.1)
Belgium (3.7)
Colombia (4.3)
Costa Rica (7.2)

Maybe I should just "invest" some money in Colombia as I think their chances are much better than what the bookies say...

Specifically for Argentina, they are 1.54/1 to qualify, Belgium is at 2.48/1. Am I correct when I say that this implies that if the match is played 8 times, Argentina is expected to advance 5 times and Belgium 3 times? I could live with those odds :-D

As for Brasil: it is a pitty that this aura hangs about them. They have a really good team regardless of official assistance. In their place, I'd much rather become world champion without help than with. But, I'm not gonna lie: I'd much rather win the WC with help than go without help and lose...

By the way, Brasil isn't the only country. France is the same. In their 1/8 final, there was a very clear red card foul on a Nigerian player. No doubt in my mind that if the Nigerian had committed the foul, he'd've been sent off... And I will never forget the shameful way in which they where pushed towards the 2010 WC. Ireland should've qualified, not France, coz even the blind guy at the other end of the stadium saw that Henry committed "hands" before scoring the qualifying goal...

Still, this only influences odds. The other team can still win. Look at Spain: they got a free penalty vs Holland, but still lost 1-5 :-D 

4.07.2014, 05:25

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Actually i read somewhere that there's a 35%+ chance for brazil to go on and win the worldcup. But i don't think so. Apart from the homeside advantage, and the official assistance, they do not have a very solid team like Netherlands. Up until now, brazil hasn't really been challenged you know? Chile ALMOSTT took them down. It was sad to see them go because they played with so much heart.
Same for Algeria. Sucked that they lost to germany even though i am a german supporter. That striker of Algeria is SOO fast, it was amazing how easily he got through the German defence in the beginning.

Also, facts wise, no European nation has won a worldcup when it is held in South America. But this worldcup has broken a lot of facts and records. Hopefully, this one will be broken too 

4.07.2014, 23:43

VentureWolf
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
VentureWolf International

Germany: cold and calculating.... I just can't see how to take out this Cup from them. Again
Bye France! Here

Brazil vs Colômbia .... my heart Heart is on high pressure .... see you later guys 

9.07.2014, 00:34

Xeonos
Two years with Virtonomics

BRAZIL!!!!

9.07.2014, 02:23

Last time edited : 9.07.2014, 03:45

VentureWolf
m:

Congratulations to Germany team and the way they have been prepared to this championship. I appreciate their organization.

It is mortifying to our country to lose that way... and I believe that we, Brazilian people, needed this. There are many issues in our country that we need to deal, and I  believe people here will wake up from a fake dream.

Good luck to all! 

9.07.2014, 11:06

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

@VentureWolf: wow, that's a very down to earth reaction. Not easy to avoid getting dragged down by emotions in this type of situation. Cudos!
I hope your team and your country can rebound in time for saturday's "consolation" game and end this wonderful world cup on a positive note.
(it seems a bit sarcastic now to talk about all the beautiful goals we've seen, but it's not intended this way, I'm talking about van Persie's header, James' chest control and goal vs Uruguay, ...)

Of course, grats to Germany. What is it they have against Portuguese speakers? They gave another masterclass in football, even more so than against Portugal...

As for tonight: history predicts Argentina will win and go on to win the final since no European team have ever won the world cup out of their time zone...

Even Costa Rica managed to upset Holland's defense a few times, so Messi is bound to do so too. And as Argentina has shown this world cup: they only need 2 opportunities to score at least 1 goal.

That being said, Robben is also playing on a cloud and seems unstoppable... If Argentina give away space at the back, they can expect Holland to put a few behind Romero...

Interesting! 

9.07.2014, 11:11

Last time edited : 9.07.2014, 11:12

Xeonos

Weird, a part of me wants Argentina to go through, but another wants Germany - Holland, Brazil - Argentina 

9.07.2014, 11:54

Last time edited : 9.07.2014, 12:11

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Scolari should move to Kuwait, start new life as yogurt distributor in some urban area, and forget about football and what he did to Brazil. 

9.07.2014, 12:54

Xeonos

Wonson
Scolari should move to Kuwait, start new life as yogurt distributor in some urban area, and forget about football and what he did to Brazil.
Gene Hackman stunt double. 

10.07.2014, 00:04

VentureWolf
m:

Felipe Scolari should come to Virtonomics, and open a poultry farm. Well If he goes to Kwait we will try to sell hot-coats to wear.

Personally, now that Brazil is out, as a LA citizen I cheer to Argentina to win this Cup, buuut,... I can't see them winning Netherlands and Germany. Since the beggining I guessed that Germany would be invencible this year. And only a miracle would give to Brazil the 1st prize.

Well, at least I guess I won't see in my life another match like that ... since it happens each 90 years lolol... Brazil 0 x 6 Uruguay 

10.07.2014, 05:06

Desolation72724
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

What Germany did to Brazil was beyond humiliating. I actually called oxford and i am working closely with them to come up with a new word to describe what billions of people witnessed on the TV yesterday. It just cannot be described.

Germany has superstars in their team, from the defense to midfield to forwards. Lahm, Howedes and HUMMELS!!. Schweinsteiger, Gotze, Khedira and Ozil (disappointing performance by him so far). And Kroos! Klose and Muller up front. How can you stop such a machine? 

10.07.2014, 12:14

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

yeah, the machine was fantastic against Portugal and Brazil. What about the games vs Ghana, USA, Algeria and France?

None of the names you mentioned (you forgot Neuer!!) is Messi. If there is one player on this planet that can create something out of nothing, it's him. If Argentina defend well (0 goals conceded in the knockout stage!), there are 120 minutes for him to do just 1 thing succesfully... He's been far from brilliant, but he has already decided a couple of games himself this tournament...

Now, of course Germany is favorite for the final. It just might not be as easy as lots of people seem to think... 

12.07.2014, 22:01

Last time edited : 12.07.2014, 22:03

VentureWolf
m:

I don't think will be that easy as well... Argentina won't make the same mistakes of Brazilian team, and Germany will have the most hard game at this Cup ever. Of course, Argentina has Messi, but Germany has a team, and what a team!. But Argentina at a final match is far from a fair team.... do you remember Maradona's goal with hand? They will play as a war, not a game.  I know that people Well

Anyway, altough I cheer with Argentina, I don't think they will stop Deutch machine. It is easier stop Messi than Klose, Miller and company.

Have a nice game, all you buddies! 

13.07.2014, 02:24

VentureWolf
m:

@Vipero: Congratulations!

Brazil 0 x 3 Netherland.

They did a good job and unfortunately won't be at the final match tomorrow. But the team has played a very steady football, and deserve best results. 

13.07.2014, 21:04

Last time edited : 13.07.2014, 21:06

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Yes, this might be a long game. Argentina is no underdog, and Messi can turn the table in a nano-second. But still believe in Joachim Lou's scientific methods. He will find the trick that does Argentina too.

JustNash
yeah, the machine was fantastic against Portugal and Brazil. What about the games vs Ghana, USA, Algeria and France?

Did Germany play that bad against all these teams? Come on. France was a big team, far better than Netherlands and Brazil. Germany really controlled those wild roosters.

just in two hours Well 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> World Cup 2014

• Page: