Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> World Cup 2014

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 21.06.2014, 23:50

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Who's following it?
Your favorites?
Germany for me. No one better than them!    

• Page:
Message list:  

25.06.2014, 03:54

VentureWolf
Three years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
VentureWolf International

"Luizito" Suarez is kindda Maradona.... hated and loved. 

25.06.2014, 04:00

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Biological Passport for all players should be issued before tournament. It means ALL players must be tested BEFORE tournament starts. So why some Italians and Costa Rican players are not tested before, and they have to go and complete the tests after 1 and 2 matches?

FIFA's explanation is not satisfactory. If some players are not tested at the beginning of tournament, it is FIFA's fault.

(I have to add Costa Rica's bold and annoying man-to-man defence was very strange for me too. Never seen such thing before and hope this was not a result of nandrolone) 

25.06.2014, 13:18

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

you are too harsh for Suarez. Who here doesn't like to eat Italian? To you

Seriously: last time (his second bite), he got a 10 game suspension. I'd love to believe it's 2 years now for his third offence. But as stated above: fifa wants its stars to play. The Suarez incident might be downplayed. Much like Neymar's clearly very deliberate elbow in a Croatian face in the opening game. Although for me there is a very large difference between elbowing and actually jumping in someone's neck to bit him!

I propose a new rule against vampirism Very we! 

25.06.2014, 14:00

Xeonos
Two years with Virtonomics

Perhaps he took the insult ''Bite me'' too serious... 

26.06.2014, 03:41

VentureWolf
m:

Tomorrow: Germany vs USA and Portugal vs Ghana

Do you guys, believe that Germany and USA will play to win? I don't. 

26.06.2014, 12:02

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I'm absolutely convinced that there will not be any arrangements.

It would strike me as logical though that both teams play to make sure they don't lose. That's not the same as playing to win... But that doesn't mean that they'd fix the match either... 

26.06.2014, 17:40

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

I think Germany will play to win. They have been in such a situation earlier in a lot of tournaments and their gameplay showed they came to win, or atleast tried to. Interesting match.
Too bad the Portugal vs Ghana game starts at the same time! 

28.06.2014, 20:59

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Hey Wolf!

How Hulk and Fred found their way into the national squad? No one better than them among 50 million Brazilian footballers? 

29.06.2014, 12:59

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

wow, what a night yesterday!

Chile: so much effort and commitment. Very hard to beat. But if you only score 2 out of 5 penalties, you're making it very hard for yourself to advance...
Brazil: I actually think they handled this fairly well. It's always easy to complain about the level of play not being up to par with the status of the team. But in the knock-out stage, there really aren't any weak opponents...
The main issues I have with Hulk (great player imo and at times the only real threat on the pitch) and Fred is their flopping. If they think an opponent is near enough to try and touch them, they fall. That's quite disgraceful for such a glorious footballing nation as Brasil...
Howard Webb: what an incredibly good game from him and his team!!! They don't come much harder than this: Brasil in their own country against an aggressive (in a good way!) Chile. All the pressure from the events in the opening game, the fans, ... Congratulations!

Colombia: forget what I said about Brasil: these guys are amazing! And don't forget their most dangerous player isn't even present at the tournament (Falcao)... They did manage to toy about with Uruguay, a team with a defensive stance (fully legit) and known for its defensive capabilities...

Uruguay: they'll have time now to review their irrational views on Dracula, and hopefully come to terms with the fact that this guy let his nation down by doing what he did. It's not Italy's fault. It's not England's fault. There is no conspiracy against Uruguay. Suarez just let his country down...

Looking forward to tonight. Mexico v Holland might very well turn out to be an epic game. Holland is the favourite with the bookies, but Mexico is stronger than many might think...
Sorry for Greece, but I hope Costa Rica's frivolous play beats Hellas' anti-football... 

29.06.2014, 19:48

VentureWolf
m:

Hi mates,

I am still nervous because of last game. Brazil has a great team with great players, all of them. But I think we have relied too much on Confederation Cup outcome. I mean, little job and too much party as the Champiom. Fatal mistake because we can see that other countries are much better ready to this competition.

Anyway, we have a passionate cheer, and it may help, I hope Well

Congratulations to Chile team. They have played a very enthusiatisc footbal. Unfortunately they had to match with the hosters.

Mexico x Holland

All the world, unless Mexicans, believe Holland will pass to next stage. Right Vipero? Yes

But, Mexicans are very passionated, and can surprise us. One more amazing match to watch.

Vipero, I'm sorry, I believe Holland will pass, but my cheer today is to our "Hermanos", los mexicanos. Well

Anyway, may the best win! 

29.06.2014, 20:52

Last time edited : 29.06.2014, 21:14

Xeonos

I hope Mexico wins, this "passing around the ball for 5 mins and then a long ball forward" is painful to watch.

GOLASO!!!!!!! 

2.07.2014, 05:09

VentureWolf
m:

The most exciting World Cup ever.... Did you watch Belgium vs USA and Argentina vs Switzerland? Crazy, crazy

Far from being an easy game to traditional teams. They had to give blood and sweat to succeed.

Then we will have:

Brazil vs Colombia

Argentina vs Belgium

Germany vs France

Costa Rica vs Holland

My guess to next stage:

Brazil vs Germany
Belgium vs Holland 

2.07.2014, 10:55

Xeonos

I really hope Colombia goes through. 

2.07.2014, 11:31

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

yeah, I watched the game vs USA with a few thousand "friends" on a giant screen on a square in my hometown. We were in larger numbers than there were Belgian supporters in the stadium Very we! Every town in Belgium has this type of event for this world cup. It's an amazing atmosphere.

Besides by ourselves (not being neutral), I was really impressed by Colombia in the 1/8 finals. Brasil will have to turn it up several gears to beat them. I think that's a 50/50 game.

Argentina and Germany are both favorites in their games, I think. But both France and we can hold a little bit of hope of an upset.

Holland, seems to be the most certain of their semi-final position. Although it is to be expected that Costa Rica will force Holland to "make" the game whilst they lurk at swift counters. But I'm sure van Gaal knows more about tactics than me, so that won't be a problem Very we!

Good luck to everybody (except Argentina ;-))! 

3.07.2014, 02:53

Last time edited : 3.07.2014, 02:59

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

I don't think Argentina is a favourite against Belgium, if Belgium can score the opportunities they create. Germany and Belgium miss too many easy goals.

Hope Colombia beat FIFA's mollycoddled child. Hope a brave referee like Howard Webb will be selected for this game. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> World Cup 2014

• Page: