Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> World Cup 2014

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 21.06.2014, 23:50

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Who's following it?
Your favorites?
Germany for me. No one better than them!    

• Page:
Message list:  

22.06.2014, 06:11

danp3185
Thirteen years With Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Pickles n Restaurants
m:
French Pickle Ltd

Aussie here. Too bad we are out already... although we nearly beat Netherlands!

But seriously, does anyone else agree with me that its a long boring game?? and that soccer players have to be the biggest sooks?? Oh, you stole the ball! Im going to fall over and cry, until you get a penalty!!! 

22.06.2014, 09:59

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I don't like football at all. The only exception the World Cup 8-bit NES game. To you I didn't care about past tournament, and I don't care about this one either (even with more reasons, obviously). 

23.06.2014, 13:23

Xeonos
Two years with Virtonomics

Starting to lose interest in football, just isn't the same kind of game like it was 5-10 years ago.

But for the WC, I hope Chile and Costa Rica get as far as possible. 

23.06.2014, 21:08

Last time edited : 24.06.2014, 02:09

VentureWolf
Three years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
VentureWolf International

I love football, although I agree with Xeonos, the game isn't the same. It is dominated by sponsor's interests.

It has been a big party with people from many countries here where I live, one of the cities where the matches are running. Really awesome.

My guess: Germany has been the best team, and will be hard to beat them this year. I cheer with me team: Brazil

24.06.2014, 01:43

Last time edited : 24.06.2014, 01:44

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hey, I'm Dutch, what do you think? Ridiculously
We played a great poule, beating Spain, Aussie and Chili!! Hope we get far, but we'll see. Next is Mexico waiting. 

24.06.2014, 02:07

VentureWolf
m:

Holanda has a great team.... Sneijder and Robbin are doing very well. Today they beat Chile and will play against Mexico next Sunday. I guess they will go on. 

24.06.2014, 13:03

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

yip, following this very enthusiastically!

Favorite team: Belgium (my home country)

We still have a score to settle with Brazil because we don't agree this goal was disallowed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwjQqXu_IM ...

This was in 2002, so it's been 12 years of frustration. We were so angry that we refused to participate in the next 2 world cups (or we just weren't good enough to qualify, I forgotTo wink). Now let's hope we get the opportunity to take revenge in their own country :-D
For this reason, we are happy that the japanese referee helped Brazil in the opening match. Without that help they probably would've lost and wouldn't have survived the group stage. Too bad for the Croatians (yeah, I'm a hypocrit :-)

Other teams I've enjoyed watching: Mexico, Chile, Italy, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Germany, Ghana and Holland. And a special notice to Australia coz they played a really nice game against Holland! Very open, nice goal (Cahill) and yes, it nearly paid off for them. All too often, weaker teams pull up a wall before their own goal (like Algeria v Belgium, Iran v Argentina, Greece v any team ...), but not Australia! 

24.06.2014, 14:53

Xeonos

Last match of Algeria was fun too, not top quality play, but at least full on the offense. 

24.06.2014, 15:15

Last time edited : 24.06.2014, 16:39

VentureWolf
m:

Today there will be a "final" match Uruguay x Italy.... My guess: Uruguay will pass to next stage, because World Cup in Brazil without Uruguay isn't a World Cup Yes

@ JustNash: Yes, the japanese referee had a bad day, but I don't think Brazilian team would lost anyway. Who knows? And Croatia team wasn't on a good day either. It was just the 1st match. They had 2 more opportunities to show it against Mexico and Camarões. So-so
Revenge isn't a good feeling, but Belgium team will have opportunity to it, just by beating USA or Germany.

Belgium has a great team and is going better at each game... It is always nice to see a new country going into the champions club. Yes

Here we go to the next stage. Tears

p.s.: and if, Brazil beats Chile, of course To you 

24.06.2014, 17:18

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

I think Brazil will have a biased ref every game from here on. Why so? Because if Brazil doesn't advance into atleast the semis, the whole country will burn. There are protests everyday against the government because so much has been spent for the worldcup and nothing is done for the people. Imagine if all that money was spent and Brazil failed to qualify for atleast the semi-finals? The protesters would tear the country apart.

I think all sports are now too influenced by Politics at some level. The other day i read FIFA has asked 7 Costa Rica players for a drug test while only 2 players from Italy. That is clear bias. Sponsors don't pay for teams like Costa Rica or Ghana to advance, they want their golden kid Neymar or Messi on the billboards. Imagine all that money going down the drain.

Holland is playing amazing. Arjen and Van Persie are a delight to watch (though i HATE Van Persie because I am an Arsenal fan).
Been a German fan since i was a little kid. I remember almost crying 4 years ago when Puyol headed the ball into the net from a corner to knock out Germany in the semis. It's been a long time coming. Germany has never had more depth in their squad and if it's not now, it's never really.

Interesting game today, Italy vs Uruguay. Hate both of them. Dislike Uruguay because of Suarez, find him way too arrogant. Hate Italy because they knocked out Germany in Euro2012.
But, let's hope for a good game Very we! 

24.06.2014, 18:41

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

@VentureWolf: all of that stuff about "revenge" was to be taken with a little pinch of salt :-) I don't really care if we win against Brazil or Tadjikistan, as long as we win :-) And yes, you are right, we aren't talking about beating Brazil. We need to beat our adversary in the 1/8 finals. That'll be hard enough. No need to look ahead of that at this point. We'd have no right to be that arrogant.

@Desolation:
1. Italy also had to send 7 players to doping checks after the game before Costa Rica (vs England). This is nothing to do with politics. Fifa said they wanted to check x% (I think 90% but don't remember exactly) of the players present on the world cup. Very few Costa Rican players were checked before the world cup, so they're tested now. Let's be honest: if Costa Rica had lost every game, nobody would've given a damn that the players weren't tested. But imagine what would happen if both Italy and England were knocked out by Costa Rica and then it turned out that their players weren't tested for doping?! Then everybody would say it was a conspiracy by Brazil and Germany to get rid of their competitors :-D

2. Arsenal-man myself :-D Still enjoyed Suarez' nose for goals vs England. Have to respect that... Same with van Persie's header vs Spain...

What about France though, guys? They were written off in 2010. Going to Brazil without Ribéry only made that worse. Nobody seems to be talking about them. But they have been verrry convincing, haven't they? 

24.06.2014, 20:02

Xeonos

I never found France convincing, ever since Zidane, Henry, Trezeguet and the rest of that generation stopped playing.
They definitely got talent, but no team, same as Spain. 

24.06.2014, 20:31

Last time edited : 24.06.2014, 20:34

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Yes, France played a great offensive football. But still not sure if they can score that easily against first class teams like they did against Honduras and Switzerland.

If I have to support a team that has a chance, my vote to GERMANY. But still wish success for USA, France, Mexico, Belgium, Colombia, Bosnia and Algeria, who tried to exhibit good football (somehow).

And finally have to express my deepest regrets for lack of sportsmanship in football. Tattooed wrestlers and dirty divers are taking over. Shining stars like Oliver Bierhoff, Pele, Michel Platini, Marco Von Basten ... could play top class football without violence, aggression and pretense. But the way they played football is not advertised these days. 

25.06.2014, 00:35

Desolation72724
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

JN : As per the FIFA law, only 2 players are required to be tested per team for doping. I didn't read about the 7 italian players, infact i heard the commentator talking about the bias shown by FIFA today while he was commentating for the Italy game :/

Suarez : He deserves to be kicked out from the WC after what he did today. Atleast a 10 match ban. ATLEAST.

France : They look good with Benzema. Though Ribery will be missed dearly in the round of 16 and so on. No Nasri either. Tough for them. 

25.06.2014, 01:21

Last time edited : 25.06.2014, 02:02

Xeonos

3rd damn time he did this, I wish Gattuso was still in the national squad.

ELLAS!
ELLAS! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> World Cup 2014

• Page: