Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> game situation has not been updated today - why ??

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 7.09.2009, 09:37

LeoLT

so ? mayby someone know more about it ?    

• Page:
Message list:  

7.09.2009, 17:28

Last time edited : 7.09.2009, 17:30

msmth82

They must have been having a lot of server trouble yesterday and didn't have the servers running during the normal update time. I was getting a lot of 502, 504 and "server maintenance" error messages all day yesterday. 

7.09.2009, 18:58

KiGGi
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
KiGGi International

yea same here. its still not uppdated 

7.09.2009, 19:06

dioniss1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
m:
Shuma Inc

I am waiting all day for those update and still nothing 

7.09.2009, 19:18

bryanUC
Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Shamrock Industries

It's just a bummer, since this game only updates once a day anyway, to lose a day's worth of updates.  It would be awesome if they could get yesterday's update to run as well as today's.  As a new player, it's hard to evaluate how I'm doing (reset once already), so losing a day sets me back Well 

7.09.2009, 20:10.     Subject: Dissapointment

sawasawa

I joined the game yesterday.

I spent several hours trying to figure out what was going wrong with my uncles gift.

I don't understand why previous results are not available which would help. It's not as if the businesses appeared from nowhere. Anyway I made all the obvious changes I could figure out and then started waiting for the update.

I'm located in IST so in the morning I went straight to my computer to login only to find the server down until 6am GST. Of course I logged in again later to find it had shifted to 7 am GST

AAAAHHHH

Eventually the server came online but no game update and I'm no wiser than I was yesterday.

A suggestion for helping starters would be to accelerate the first game decision making steps so that new players learn the basic areas they need to become familiar with.... this could be done with a few wizards to make you think about certain things...

Anyway I'm full of suspense waiting for my first game update. Let's see if I impact the local business market with my stunning business strategy.

I wonder if my introductory 21 day period for buying game points gets extended by a day???

The suspense is too much ...!!!

sawasawa 

7.09.2009, 20:22

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

next update will be tommorow...so just wait ;) 

7.09.2009, 20:43

Graq

If this game 'ere teaches you anything--it's having lots of patience.

I have been playing for almost a week now and heavens--not much is happening and the server issues is making it even worse.

I wanted to post a long rant on my apparent dissatisfaction, but then I realized it is just how business in real-life goes--slow to see the results and totally unpredictable even at the best of times Very we! 

7.09.2009, 21:40

msmth82

Graq
I wanted to post a long rant on my apparent dissatisfaction, but then I realized it is just how business in real-life goes--slow to see the results and totally unpredictable even at the best of times Very we!

Ha! That's a nice positive reaction to the admin's incompetence!

Mistakes such as this one are acceptable in normal websites where we aren't paying anything, but here at virtonomics.com it appears like some players are putting a lot of money into this game. In the 'Audience description' page in the 'Advertising' section [http://virtonomics.com/advertising/auditory/ ... ], it says that the average player pays over $30 per month for this game ( although I don't know how accurate that is), so those players that are paying around $30 a month have a right to expect professional service. 

7.09.2009, 22:26

Luxem
m:
Skybox Ltd.

I'd have to agree with sawasawa. Just started the game myself aswell and after trying to use the Uncle's gift unsuccessfully, I restarted yesterday with nothing. Buying an office and one store in Paris and trying to make a profit out of food supplies (as I've read somewhere along the forums)

Seeing as myself would like to start my own bussiness one day, I spent quite some time researching what went wrong the first time, hoping I wouldn't make the mistake again. But unfortunally for me, and a lot of other people, the game did NOT update!

Someone else mentioned that one day on itself is quite long for a turn based economic simulation game. I'd definitly have to agree, having played games where the turns is about 2.5-5mins. But it has its benefits too, so it's not that big of a deal. TWO days on the other hand is surely too long. As said above, I've spended quite some time trying to perfectionize my bussiness, hoping too see some results today, sadly: no results...

Let's just pray that they will update it tommorow! ;) 

8.09.2009, 00:08

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Reelax guys haha. This thing happens like once a month. It won't affect your company if it doesn't update so reeeelaax. 

8.09.2009, 04:01

DrexCorp

They are updating it right now, I think. 
Alex
-DrexCorp Industries-

Wanna play another game? Click here

12.09.2009, 04:42

msmth82

globeballa
This thing happens like once a month.

Some much for the "This thing happens like once a month" BS! This is the second time that this has happened this month and it's only been about 5 days since it happened last time!

What about some redundancy? If their servers are really having that much trouble, maybe they should have two completely separate servers running two completely separate updates and the one update that actually completes successfully gets replicated to the main database(s).

Yes, I understand that it won't affect the game any, but the game is slow enough as it is ( with one update per 24 hours ), so missing just one update can be a big disappointment for many players ( including myself! ). 

12.09.2009, 07:56

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

Another day?

Oh man, that's getting annoying. But I guess since I haven't paid for it, I can't complain. I'd be awful disappointed if I did, however.

It seems like the developers could really increase their sales by making their servers more reliable, or making the update schedule flexible so it doesn't cause 24-hour delays like this. 

12.09.2009, 08:50

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

It happens once a month due to server maintenance.

It is only the second or third time there has been no update since I started playing. No server downtime in this instance so I have no idea why it didn't update.

We'll have to wait and see if we get an explanation. 

12.09.2009, 13:23

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Graq
just how business in real-life goes--slow to see the results and totally unpredictable even at the best of times Very we!

LOL ...sounds like someone needs a business consultant ?
The problem may be because solar panels are installed... now there is no slot available for quality assurance  
OMG is saturday and i can't work!!!!

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> game situation has not been updated today - why ??

• Page: