Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Stable Store Supply / Sales

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 3.05.2010, 19:34

Last time edited : 3.05.2010, 19:35

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hey all,

Started with expanding the number of stores i have. Doing very well i think but, i have a few things in tweaking that need help ?

I try to get a good supply in my stores at efficient numbers btu the numbers change fast ?

Got stores that had one turn about 1000 products sales of bread or milk so i upped my supply than bam next turn it was only 150 ?

Can somebody explain how i can get stable sales numbers ? Can't get steady numbers !!!

P.S Every store i have i put my products under average price compared to quality ! Salary just above required with ranges of 0.5 extra   

• Page:
Message list:  

3.05.2010, 23:08

Last time edited : 3.05.2010, 23:15

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

You can't...
And all players can't
Even if economic model of retail in game will be steady (now it is not), then also you/all others can't reach stable sales volume.
Because you can't predict actions of your opponents in retail (in the same city). And also because new players adds to this city too..
So - retail forever was, and (imho) forever will be unstable.

That is the main difference between retail sector and production sector in game. If you are in production/agriculture, then you don't need to check your stores each (or nearly each) turn. If you are in retail, then you need it..

P.S.: sell your goods for me! Well I'm constantly looking for bigger volumes of retail goods. Because i have one of the biggest retail networks on Mary

or join some syndicate, like VLLord manages 

4.05.2010, 00:40

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Stable markets are impossible i know but my sales differe from 1500 sales to 125 sales for lets says example my bread that's too outragous. It's the differance between 200k revenue or about 100k loss if i have steady supplies.

Has to be something to get a more steady revenue, have internet marketing shall i up that ?

I want the whole chain Eyes in a heap

P.S I sell everything for you that i don't produce and can sell for 100% profit. Have stores in almost all off United Kingdom ;) 

4.05.2010, 01:13

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Such a significant drop can have two reasons from what I've seen... not enough advertising or other companies selling at better conditions (lower price, better quality, better brand). I had jumps from 1,2 million to 200,000 at some stores and a hard time climbing back up without bargain prices ;) 

4.05.2010, 13:26

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thanks Chris upped my advertising last turn one step higher. Sales volume is back, eating all my stock in one turn ;) 

4.05.2010, 14:44

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Nice to hear Well I had to play quite a lot with advertising to figure out the perfect way of advertising and perfect amount of spending to get desired results. 

6.05.2010, 00:35

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

How much profit you guys get in stores of 500 ? With mostly food ? 

6.05.2010, 00:41

ChrisBerlin82

Hmmm, I don't have such small stores, but you can easily reach a few million with a 1000 m² store.

Also out of curiosity the question is casperb and casperbons the same person?!? It is not allowed to have multiple accounts and I just ask because of the similarity in the username :p 

6.05.2010, 01:46

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

As far as I know it is allowed to have multiple account 

6.05.2010, 02:10

Last time edited : 6.05.2010, 02:13

ChrisBerlin82

Game World >> Laws
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/law/main_law ...

1.Jobbery (profiteering) in game are considered to be operations of any kind, bound up with ungrounded or illegal gaining of cash funds, material or non-material assets, securities or other values, taken by players, companies or particular enterprises, caused by errors in game resources operation, by collusion or by certain actions of affiliated persons (including game characters, controlled by one player (clones)) that could be defined as collusion, as well as other actions, going against general game maxims, with the purpose of unjustified enrichment or other profit (including illegally obtained payment capabilities).

It's the 1st rule in the game rules. Having clones a.k.a. multiple accounts is definitely not allowed! The reasons are quite obvious. 2 examples:
- A clone allows you to circumvent limitations in qualification growth, because you can simply open up many accounts to produce for yourself while your own qualification is not sufficient.
- It allows you to cheat in any kind of contests through many ways which I will not describe here for obvious reasons.

I don't know of any browser game, especially none where real money is a factor, where multiple accounts are allowed.

I find it unfair to every legitimate player if anyone uses clones and in my opinion not only clones but also the parent company should be immediately deleted or at least severely punished, but that's just my opinion. 

6.05.2010, 04:11.     Subject: Hi

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

You can try buy some game points or you can do some surveys and download some game for game points. 

6.05.2010, 10:09

Last time edited : 6.05.2010, 10:30

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

ChrisBerlin82.. how about you, did you pay that much to purchase virts or how did you reach your huge qualification levels and assets within just 7 weeks ?

I think you know that the administration does not encourage cloning but they also do not penalize it.  

You can see that many rules, for example asset transfers, are commonly broken. Jobbery not allowed? Just check the grain sellers, who would buy 1.0 quality grain for 60 if you can buy it for less than 1 from independent? There's also no solution to the fact that you can sell an instrument which has a market price of 400'000 for 1 $.  Or the browser scripts... rules clearly state that not any are allowed but then again, there are several such scripts now and the administration tolerates all of them - except one to bulk-create subdivisions.

If the no-clone rules is enforced i think the top 100 would shrink to less than 50 companies and i personally don't think the administration is silly enough to pay out real money to someone who used clones to get the virts. 

6.05.2010, 17:59

casperbons

Your right Chris i have a clone Tears

Thought it was aloud. It's is hard to start in the beginning so i used it for testing my changes. Two is quicker for learning than one. I also only used it to supply my stores different products. One bakery got noodles one got bread it wasn't for my production till about 3 turns ago i had to mix it because i expanded to quick. Will try to get unmixed clones before i can participate in tenders Yes

Although it's is twice the ammount of efford i have to put in now.

Chris for your peace of mind, i can switch one account to only production for the Mary syndicate and my stores of my clone ?

Mike1 is it aloud to have two accounts if they don't have business with each other ? ( Would really regret the efford i put in when closing one Tears )

P.S. Think when the world market is steady and new players can get a steady supply for all goods ( so small amounts ) there is no need for clones. How else can we fight the competition of the big players. For example, every product i started producing and sold my left over stock too the market. Where about 10k pieces and where immidiatly bought in one batch by one big company. It could have served 10 starting companies !!! But still i can change one company to serve the mary syndicate ? It only will take a couple of turns before i have my own supply on my clone. Because i have the whole supply range of goods now ;) 

6.05.2010, 21:07

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

casperbons i'm not an admin, just an (unpaid) forum mod and normal player like you, so i have no official interpretations on the matter. Just my personal 2 cents,.

Regarding your ps: most of the players honor it if you write "max. order xxx" into your subdivisions name. 

6.05.2010, 22:55

ChrisBerlin82

ChrisBerlin82.. how about you, did you pay that much to purchase virts or how did you reach your huge qualification levels and assets within just 7 weeks ?

I paid that much for the good of the developers. They made a great game so I am happy to pay for it Well Those qualification levels have cost me like 150 game points, otherwise I'd still be a lot smaller.

@casperbons
I didn't mean to expose you, I just think that the clones rule is a very important rule for every browser game as clones allow you to cheat in many ways. If you just used the closed for "testing" it's by far not as bad as using it to supply your "real" company with goods due to too low qualification levels. I cannot give you any advice on how to interpret or follow rules, I am just reading them myself as well Well 

7.05.2010, 01:55

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Is it allowed to have multiple account?

This was the question what I asked from Diska a few weeks ago.
And I got a Yes answer.

BTW I dont think it worth useing a clone, its too tiresome, tedious.
And for example with Production Q increase you got roughly the same (very slightly increaseing with the Q level) limit increase with a given amount of points spent.
ie. for example if you spend 20 points in production Q, you got very slightly more limit increase if you spend it around Q level 40 than 20 or 10
So no point to setup a new company because you got less for your buck, and low Q level in production has a lot of drawbacks, f.e. you cant really produce complex, high Q goods, because simply you cant operate a decent level factory with 5-10K people, because of your low Q. etc. etc. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Stable Store Supply / Sales

• Page: