Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Working together (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.10.2009, 00:32

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

I've started this thread because some work needs to be done to lower/ raise prices in the market. This is only possible with the help of a large group.

Alluminum: Costs are far too high to sell cola's at a good price, regardless if the quality is good. No one will pay 9$ for cola

This is just one MAJOR issue with my company. I'm sure there are several more issues to deal with.

How to change prices? It's kind of complicated. I THINK that if we get the major suppliers of natural resources (makes alluminum) to lower their prices, then the alluminum suppliers have more leeway with pricing. That gives us cola suppliers an even bigger gap for pricings. Would this work? One way or another, we need to make some changes.

Feel absolutely free to post any thing pertaining to this. Lets try and keep it on topic because this is a serious thread. Well

• Page:
Message list:  

5.10.2009, 02:27

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

I've already started by Creating a Metallurgical Factory which will be selling at very low prices. Hopefully supplies for it are not hard to obtain. 

5.10.2009, 02:29

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

ALSO if your struggling because of all this comotions. Try and go more into retail. It's very profitable and it will get you through with more money in these nasty times. 

5.10.2009, 04:33

Rains

Yeah, i agree with retail since even if you've got low quality as long as you don't price it too much. A small portion of it still gets sold. 

5.10.2009, 06:41

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Yeah. And retail works very well because players don;t buy your products. The computer does, so thats an additional plus. I think that we should have more people open retail stores. As a huge group we can slowly i ncrease the prices in our stores so they increase everywhere.

Good idea? bad idea? Better ideas? 

11.11.2009, 14:38

jono99
Twelve years with Virtonomics MBA diploma
m:
Scyther Inc.

Sorry i didn't see this thread and think i kinda started something similar further up. Oops!

But def agree with you, i think we need to start working with each (even if in smaller groups) so as to increase productivity and supplies, and just to keep things running smoothly.

You'd almost be forming your own little business economic clan 

12.11.2009, 14:36

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/27863/view ...

Thats my thoughts from another thread.  The problem with just going retail is whos making the products for you to sell?  We need to increase base supply and that means mines and other basic materials.  Make them open to purchase and with availability the cost goes down. 

12.11.2009, 15:10

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

started similar from another thread as well

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/48/topic/27839/view ...

as of now, there are still no supplies for all electronics except computers.

there was not enough watches, now there is a big over supply (my point in starting the thread)

certainly some sort of co-ordination would be better. 

12.11.2009, 15:35

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

ccm_tsang

As i mentioned above, we almost need to form little groups of say 5 or 6 owners/companies and sort of assign certain businesses to those groups. That way, there is still some form of competition in the different markets in those little groups, just until such time that things settle down and grow further so that we can fall away from this sort of thing. 

12.11.2009, 15:45

Last time edited : 12.11.2009, 15:48

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

I've started by opening a new silica quarry. I'm also MASS producing in the manufactured goods section and grocery dept. 

12.11.2009, 15:46

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

jono99
ccm_tsang

As i mentioned above, we almost need to form little groups of say 5 or 6 owners/companies and sort of assign certain businesses to those groups. That way, there is still some form of competition in the different markets in those little groups, just until such time that things settle down and grow further so that we can fall away from this sort of thing.

OK, i'm in...just let me know what you need and i can start producing ;) 

12.11.2009, 16:33

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

ccm_tsang

If you place an order at my GPS factory you may find that supplies arrive even though it says 0 available.
I go through all orders occasionally and reduce priority for stores that sell under average, and car factories that are not open sale.

When I have some time I'll also be expanding a bit (including GPS factory), now the comps are over it is time to spend some cash. 

12.11.2009, 16:35

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

good going globeballa. i'm also willing to open some more businesses to help out. just as long as the supplying market is sufficient enough...

well i'm gonna look through my companies and see what's actually potting, and then get back to you ;) 

12.11.2009, 18:03

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Fractal
ccm_tsang

If you place an order at my GPS factory you may find that supplies arrive even though it says 0 available.
I go through all orders occasionally and reduce priority for stores that sell under average, and car factories that are not open sale.

When I have some time I'll also be expanding a bit (including GPS factory), now the comps are over it is time to spend some cash.

thanks Fractal.  actually produce enough for my stores right now.  have been expanding electronics stream slowly, but running into production Qual problems.   bijouterie factory now at 94.06 % only - was going to expand it to 5000, VLTrader advised against that, and it's a good thing i stopped the expansion accordingly.  Q at 9, seems i need 12.11

every time i expand my electronics factories, be it GPS, AV, fridges, mobile phones -  more customers order, or existing customers order more.  all production snapped up overnight.  can only assume there is pent up demand.  stores slowly consuming more as well.  in some cases, i take supplies away from customers to supply my own stores.  just see that there will be a problem for some products where we all start expanding in the same direction (like watches) and leave others like electronics.

don't know about other areas, can only assume it'll be the same. 

13.11.2009, 00:04

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

The issue with watches will fix itself soon enough.  The problem isnt that there are too may producing as much as there was a timing issue.  I finished expansion on one of my factories right at the same time that two other companies decided to do a large dump into the market so we ended up with a ton all at once.  The reason it will fix itself is that Im one of two people in the game able to keep up that level of production so once peoples warehouses are empty it will fix itself.  Its just taking a bit of time to get there because of how large the product dump was.  Being the number one producer I know a little something about the watch market Very we!  Oh and how people got qual 16 watches... damn, thats insane.

Anywho I fully support joining a cartel type system.  I think the best method is to have companies list out what they produce and the approx quantities/qualities and items needed for them and use that advanced info to set up a trade/supply route with preferred pricing.  I know I try to keep the prices down as best I can but there is always some room for reduction if the deal was right.

I make meat, watches, some jewelry and diamonds, have a bread and shirt factory and the flour to supply it and I think thats about it.  Im in the process of breaking into the machines business both for personal use and to diversify.  I know I could use some cheap raw materials such as silica and steel components.  I also have 5 50 building cow farms due in a few weeks that should be able to produce low priced meat for quite a few people.

Do we want to get a list of names and set up our stores to only sell to fellow cartel members at a reduced price?  The idea being to have a full production, supply, and retail path for all of our members.  Does this sound good to everyone? 

13.11.2009, 01:57

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

But heres the problem... If we hoard our products to our little group, how will other people get products for their stores. 100's of companies rely on my products and if it doesn't get to them, it can affect their companies. We should have our products available to anyone and everyone. The purpose of working together is producing products so may people can benefit, not just a few. The goal of this project is to produce products that are scarce or are needed on the market.

This is key to make this project successful. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Working together (OFFICIAL THREAD)

• Page: