Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Working together (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.10.2009, 00:32

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

I've started this thread because some work needs to be done to lower/ raise prices in the market. This is only possible with the help of a large group.

Alluminum: Costs are far too high to sell cola's at a good price, regardless if the quality is good. No one will pay 9$ for cola

This is just one MAJOR issue with my company. I'm sure there are several more issues to deal with.

How to change prices? It's kind of complicated. I THINK that if we get the major suppliers of natural resources (makes alluminum) to lower their prices, then the alluminum suppliers have more leeway with pricing. That gives us cola suppliers an even bigger gap for pricings. Would this work? One way or another, we need to make some changes.

Feel absolutely free to post any thing pertaining to this. Lets try and keep it on topic because this is a serious thread. Well

• Page:
Message list:  

13.11.2009, 02:10

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

Well yes but who ever is the core of this project needs to have a complete supply chain in order to make those supplies.  Without that we are only serving a nitch market and while we could provide certain items here and there we would not be able to fix the market, just prolong it.

Lets say out goal is to get cheap machines out.  You need a chain of inexpensive items to make this possible which if put out to the market at large are very likely to be used in a less efficient method than if they were directed.  This just follows with simple economics of supply and demand, with high demand the cost increases to compensate.  If we are looking to subsidize the market then those items cant be generally available to the general market or you loose efficiency.

As it stands with most things you can find supplies but they are often expensive. 

13.11.2009, 10:00

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

globeballa
I've started this thread because some work needs to be done to lower/ raise prices in the market. This is only possible with the help of a large group.

Alluminum: Costs are far too high to sell cola's at a good price, regardless if the quality is good. No one will pay 9$ for cola

i haven't gone into the food industry as such, but found that the store prices have kept going up for electronics and jewellry.  i keep putting the prices up almost daily, and though the volume of sales may drop slightly the next day, revenue is increased overall because of the increased prices.

Globeballa, have you tried to sell the colas at your store at a higher price? 

13.11.2009, 10:33

Last time edited : 13.11.2009, 10:35

jono99
Twelve years with Virtonomics MBA diploma
m:
Scyther Inc.

You're absolutely spot-on there. I think i was also misunderstood, when i mentioned the forming of smaller groups, i didn't necessarily mean that the finally produce would then only be available to those in the groups. It's merely a production group of a certain type. Who the final product goes to is entirely upto the individual business. It was more the opening of diminishing businesses.

Edit: Sorry, this was meant for globebella's post, i didn't see the 2nd page here To you 

13.11.2009, 11:18

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

ccm_tsang
globeballa

i haven't gone into the food industry as such, but found that the store prices have kept going up for electronics and jewellry.  i keep putting the prices up almost daily, and though the volume of sales may drop slightly the next day, revenue is increased overall because of the increased prices.

Globeballa, have you tried to sell the colas at your store at a higher price?

i'm selling my groceries 5$ higher than market price and the quantity of sold goods is rising 

13.11.2009, 12:03

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

The retail situation seems to be getting better in a lot of cities, especially with non foodstuff items, it seems like most of the companies left have the same goal.

One thing that is becoming a problem in certain cities is the average quality.
If the average quality increases but the price stays the same the effect is the same as a price reduction.

If you are selling goods of a higher quality than other players, your prices should be higher. Otherwise other players sell less so are forced to reduce prices which will likely cause negative growth for the city.

The only legitimate reason to do this is to gain an advantage in competitions.
In normal gameplay situations it could be a better idea to use a warehouse to mix your high q stock with low q stock from other companies. This will have two benefits, increasing your total of saleable goods (perhaps enough to supply 2 stores instead of 1), and increasing the average price (based on sales price slightly above city average).

Item brand works the same way as quality, it is just easier to increase. Throw money at it and it will increase. 

14.11.2009, 02:45

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Yep I'm selling my drinks in my stores at a higher than market price. I find it's not difficult to find alluminum anymore. But I'll be raising the price on cola's soon. 

14.11.2009, 10:28

jono99
Twelve years with Virtonomics MBA diploma
m:
Scyther Inc.

It may not be hard to find alluminium but good heavens it's become expensive.. 

14.11.2009, 17:00

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

It's not crazy expensive. My factories are based in Gao, Mali, which is in the same region of alluminum factories so I won;t have to pay much transport or customs. 

14.11.2009, 21:47

Joshuawhelan

I've noticed that alot of my food sells, but no jewellery, cars or electrical goods. Could this be to do with prices? 

14.11.2009, 21:53

MegaMogul
Eight years with Virtonomics MBA diploma

Could have to do with brand, as well. I've noticed that consumer goods tend to be more brand sensitive than foodstuffs. 

14.11.2009, 22:04

Joshuawhelan

How do I get bran dup?
Atm it's only on like 0.7% 

15.11.2009, 03:49

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Josh, if you are buying a product from someone that person can only increase the brand in your area. To increase brand, that player needs to increase the advertisement in your region. There is no way that you can change the brand. You can however choose a supplier that does in fact have a higher brand. If you are producing the good that you are selling in the store and you want to increase the brand, you simply go to the office in the region where your store is, and you advertise that product in however many cities you want. 

15.11.2009, 05:33

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Joshuawhelan
I've noticed that alot of my food sells, but no jewellery, cars or electrical goods. Could this be to do with prices?

You are trying to do too much with your stores.
Small stores 1000m2 or less will do better with one department (sell only one class of goods).

Fashionable districts also have much fewer visitors than residential or city centre.

Try moving your stores to one of these areas and reduce the number of departments to one per store.
You could also increase store sizes to 500 or 1000m2.

Advertising will increase the visitors to your stores also. 

15.11.2009, 16:34

Joshuawhelan

I increased all my advertising now. Very we!
And I always thought that fasionable district would get more visitors, so I'll start moving my  shops too.
Thanks for the help. ^_^ 

16.11.2009, 04:17

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

I do really well with mega stores.  Large stores that sell anything and everything that I can buy for less than market.  Brings me around 15m average per store with a high end of 68m and a low end of 2m.  

There are alot of ways to skin a cat as they say, just find one that works for you. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Working together (OFFICIAL THREAD)

• Page: