Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Working together (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.10.2009, 00:32

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

I've started this thread because some work needs to be done to lower/ raise prices in the market. This is only possible with the help of a large group.

Alluminum: Costs are far too high to sell cola's at a good price, regardless if the quality is good. No one will pay 9$ for cola

This is just one MAJOR issue with my company. I'm sure there are several more issues to deal with.

How to change prices? It's kind of complicated. I THINK that if we get the major suppliers of natural resources (makes alluminum) to lower their prices, then the alluminum suppliers have more leeway with pricing. That gives us cola suppliers an even bigger gap for pricings. Would this work? One way or another, we need to make some changes.

Feel absolutely free to post any thing pertaining to this. Lets try and keep it on topic because this is a serious thread. Well

• Page:
Message list:  

16.11.2009, 14:53

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Mega stores are good but have a couple of drawbacks.

First you need a sufficient supply of goods to keep them stocked.
The amount should not be so high that you need to reduce your selling price under city average though.

Secondly, the efficiency demon.
Small stores are quite easy to keep efficiency high. Larger stores with more staff and higher rent require a higher qualification to keep efficiency up, especially when you have several in one region.

If you are only making 2m profit per day from a large store it probably isn't worth it. With a few small changes you should be able to increase profits.
I have 2 1000m2 stores that have 12m daily profit each. 

16.11.2009, 15:16

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i have some 100k stores and qualification in commerce 15...the efficiency is betwen 29-40% and profit is from 20-80kk

and i can't find the way to rise effieciency up to 50 at least... 

16.11.2009, 15:24

VLTrader

turkbostjan
and i can't find the way to rise effieciency up to 50 at least...
Only using game pointsNot so
I've got the same problem..I need 57 in commerce to manage my 4 storesEyes in a heap 

16.11.2009, 15:35

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

i know that...but i don't want to give 100 points just to increase qualification Not so on the other way qualification is growing only for 0.09 per turn (it's like a spit in the see as we say in Slovenia Well )

i have one question about efieciency of factories if you don't mind. if i get it right it's better to have 2 or 3 small factories rather then 1 big. am i right in this? 

16.11.2009, 15:43

VLTrader

turkbostjan
if i get it right it's better to have 2 or 3 small factories rather then 1 big. am i right in this?
Absolutely right! There is only one shortcoming - it's difficult to manage more factories... 

16.11.2009, 15:51

that's why i have bigger factories but now i see that this isn't good...damn it 

16.11.2009, 16:08

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

Larger factories will lose more efficiency but will also have lower costs per item. 

16.11.2009, 18:29

clone_1
Four years with Virtonomics

turkbostjan
i have one question about efieciency of factories if you don't mind. if i get it right it's better to have 2 or 3 small factories rather then 1 big. am i right in this?

Just let's look to company of Amantes... (it's part called "Production Group" in past).
And you will catch right answer

---
Regards, Eugeny, K and K Corp. in past 

18.11.2009, 11:03

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

clone_1

Just let's look to company of Amantes... (it's part called "Production Group" in past).
And you will catch right answer

---
Regards, Eugeny, K and K Corp. in past

All beautiful - but Amantes1 has a production Q of 34!

it'll take me forever + 6 days to get to maybe Q 12.. Not so 

19.11.2009, 18:05

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

- the indications under the link "work efficiency" and the orange color efficiency numbers only apply to the FUTURE to be introduced efficiency rules. Currently, there is no number available to see the daily growth of efficiency, but only the green bars.

- its not about factory size, but how many people you have employed (5000 worker factory size with only 1000 workers still can give 100% but add that up to 2000 workers and efficiency comes down)

- one advantage of small factories is that you can introduce certain stuff like quality management for in-game-money, but bigger plants require game points for the same thing

- having your subdivs efficiency on 100% doesn't give you the highest Q-growth each turn.. other factors apply, too

- high-tech penalty related to efficiency: a factory with 1000 workers on Tech 3 runs on 100% efficiency... increased to tech 6 or 7 even 900 workers don't make more than 90% at my company.

- if you have many (small or big) enterprises you'll soon suffer from the max amount of subdiv penalty

the new efficiency regulation will require much higher Q because its based on amount of workers and the bar is set even lower than with the current penalties. It may help growing efficiency faster for some of the sectors -  under unknown circumstances. But after analyzing my green bars and new Q growth numbers, the improvement is marginal in most sectors. To my virtual business it looks like a further restriction holding me back from natural business development/doing what is fun: expanding.

I followed Amantes a bit,  if i recall correctly just before he merged his Q were in the teens and his retail sales crashed almost 50% after the merger. Refrigerators selling in his shops previously were >4 quality and today just 1.27.  This caused by the max. qty of subdivs penalty i assume.

Now he increased Q for production & commerce and if the number in globalreport/manufacture are correct as per today this put it back to 4.47, and the retail sales amount similar as before.  When the new efficiency regulation kicks in, he'll likely need to add 100 Q points per sector to equalize again. 

20.11.2009, 09:33

m:
Company 2.0

Mike1
- its not about factory size, but how many people you have employed (5000 worker factory size with only 1000 workers still can give 100% but add that up to 2000 workers and efficiency comes down)

- having your subdivs efficiency on 100% doesn't give you the highest Q-growth each turn.. other factors apply, too

- if you have many (small or big) enterprises you'll soon suffer from the max amount of subdiv penalty

the new efficiency regulation will require much higher Q because its based on amount of workers and the bar is set even lower than with the current penalties. It may help growing efficiency faster for some of the sectors -  under unknown circumstances. But after analyzing my green bars and new Q growth numbers, the improvement is marginal in most sectors. To my virtual business it looks like a further restriction holding me back from natural business development/doing what is fun: expanding.

The new efficiency regulation and qualification growth system will be a big spanner in the works for a lot of companies.

Adding equipment and employees requirements will likely crash most office efficiencies, which will have an impact on all enterprises in the relevant region.

Qualification growth will be based on factory loading. This will reverse the current situation of efficiency basis. As Mike said keeping efficiency high means keeping factories small or having a loading rate at less than 100%.

The announcement says the whole system will become more predictable and stable, but I'm expecting chaos in the initial changeover period. It may be a good idea to save some cash to make sure you can fix what needs fixing. If you rely on day to day income you could be left short when the efficiency regulations take effect. 

12.12.2009, 08:24

Last time edited : 12.12.2009, 08:25

MichaelNielsen
Nine years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Film camera Vintage camera The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Nielsen Group

What happened to this thread been about working together to regulate prices.

If anyone wants to have privates discussions about working together message me.

Regards,
MichaelNielsen
Founder, Chairman, CEO & Managing Director
Massive Dynamic Inc

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Working together (OFFICIAL THREAD)

• Page: