Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Competition: Best Blog about Virtonomics

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.01.2016, 22:22

Last time edited : 1.07.2018, 15:26

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Virtonomics presents a new contest - best blog about Virtonomics with very valuable prize fund of 190 points!
Blogging skills will come handy in many ways, so it can be the time for you to try yourself in writing.

Participants
Support our writers! Read their blogs, leave comments, click "like" and +

G_Money33 http://virtonomicsnews.blogspot.com/
Marloan_Morris http://mmorrisvirto.tumblr.com
TyStuFF http://www.blog.virtonomics.nl/
paulotec http://virtualgamingfactory.blogspot.ro/

Stages

Stage 1 - duration 1 month
Stage 2 - duration 1 month
Stage 2 - duration 2 months
Total duration - 4 months
1st stage will end Feb 5th, 2nd stage - Mar 5th, 3rd - May 5th

Prize fund

1st place - 100 points
2nd place - 60 points
3rd place - 30 points

Prizes for each stage

1 - 50% (50/30/15 points)
2 - 25% (25/15/8 points)
3 - 25% (25/15/7 points)

Example:
If your blog take 2nd place in 1st stage, 1st place in 2nd stage and 3rd place in 3rd stage, you will receive (30 + 25 + 7) 62 points.

Even if you not going to make it into TOP 3 in 1st - 2nd stage you always have a chance to do better and take higher place in the next stage!

Additional rewards

Combo award. If a participant takes 1st place in all 3 stages he will get additional good prize of his choice. More information about combo award you can find in this topic at the end of January.

Participation award. All participants who take 4-5 places in any stage will get award with small bonus to qualification.

Blog Requirements

- Minimum of 2 messages per week with screenshots from the game (uploaded to a place where they will be stored forever, like google pics or something).
- Using key words in every blog's post such as: Virtonomics, online game, browser game, games for learning economics/economy, economic simulation game, Tycoon game, turn-based online browser strategy, etc.
- Using links to Virtonomics main page, forum and pages in the game. Some links may (and better be) referral  
- Good language, connection to real economy and recent news, connecting between Virtonomics and real economy theories, etc.
- Valuable and interesting information. You blog should be interesting to read. People should learn new things from your posts and discover game deeper. You can talk about new things in game, post news, political events, goals and achievements.

Recommended blog platforms:

WordPress
Blogger
Tumblr
Medium
Quora

All from this list:
http://thenextweb.com/businessapps/2013/08/16/best-blogging-services/

What should i write?

The ideal blog would be about starting a new company and starting playing from the bottom scratch. The best way to do so is to start a new company in a different realm and try to win all contests, do all quests and take everything from the game what it can give to a new player. You should play with 100% effort and do everything possible to impress new people and to show that success is quite possible without big donation if you do smart things.

You should teach player about game's rules, mechanic, principals and tricks. You should encourage them to play in team.

You can even make new corporation of bloggers and start playing together, this would be awesome Yes).
Give people links to forum guides and tutorials, show examples, etc.

All these is not obligatory (but what i previously said is preferable to get good marks for you blog). You can also make your blog about your current and developed company but in this case it would be nice if you going to set up specific goals to achieve for limited time (1-4 months). Make 5-10 goals, 5 long term (3-4 month) and 5 short term (1-2 month).

Also you can come up with some totally different new idea about you blog and ask me here, if this is a good one. For example the great blog would be - Virtonomics Newspaper, where you will write about what is happening in the game, make reports and predictions, collect and analyze game's data, etc.

Example: You can do something like this:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/105053/view

How to start?

1. Choose what your blog will be about. If you not sure yet, ask in this topic.
2. Choose a blog platform from the list above.
3. Start writing Cheerfully
4. Leave the link to your blog in this topic so other people can see it, read and comment your messages.

Determining winners

- Number of messages is a key factor. Minimum is just 2 posts per week but you can do 5-7 and more, as long as quality of each message stays good.
- Following basic Blog Requirements
- Size of you posts. Long post are preferable if they have good quality
- Connection with social network (twitter/ Facebook/Google +) is an advantage. So you made new post in your blog, share it (or give link to it) in your social pages. If you doing that, don't forget to let us know you social page address.
- Number of visitors and traffic. It is very hard to make your blog popular for 4 month but you should deferentially try. Give links to your blog in different places, tell your friends (and people in Virtonomcis) about it. If you can make your blog a bit popular with natural traffic after 4 month - this is a major factor which going to determine a winner on 3rd stage. You should provide a screenshot with statistic to prove your success.
- Comments. It is good if you blog will have valuable comments. That is why we reccoment to play this competition together, so all people who doing blogs will help each other and leave comments
- On the first stage of competitions the main advantage have people who follow the basic Blog Requirements. For the second stage the most important factor us length and number of posts (with following the basic Blog Requirements and with good quality of posts). For the last stage all factors are taking into account.

100 friends

Virtonomics has very nice referral reward program called "100 friends".
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/income/friends
Each player has his personal link and if someone register in the game by clicking on this link, player may get additional income. It can be hard to attract a person who will bring a lot of income to you but it is possible. This competitions fits perfectly with 100 friends complain. When you leave links to Virtonomics in your blog, make sure to make them referral links. For example my link is http://virtonomics.com/vera/income/1053029
You can find you special ID for invitation in: Office => Invite friends

All successful blogs which going to be started might be additionally awarded with contribution medal later in case you not going to stop blogging after the competition ends.

Good luck to everyone!    

• Page:
Message list:  

5.02.2016, 19:54.     Subject: cogratulatios

Last time edited : 5.02.2016, 20:00

Marloan_Morris
Triple corporate chevron For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Black Friday wallet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

My truehearted congratulations to all the winners so far!

If all decisions in the business world would be as mellow and with a background of rightousness, we would have world peace or something like that.

About the weakness of my blog: Its a groudbreaking totally revolutioary philosophy of entrepeneurship, cooperation, corporation and size of thinking delivered through my story... so there cant be more connection to reality than that, but thats not for everyone to see. (yet) ---- Actually exactly what Virtonomics or Simformer is trying to be educational about.

When you see it hand me an owl that has wings Well)

Btw. it would be nice of your would shoot out a system message about the winnings of the first stage so more people can benefit from the blogs.... also the very silent ones for us bloggers... not to reach. 

22.02.2016, 14:29

Last time edited : 22.02.2016, 14:33

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Just a reminder: 2nd stage coming to its end (2nd stage - Mar 5th).

It is never late to join this competition, although now it is better to do when 3rd stage going to start. I see that some bloggers lost interest in the competition (or intentionally left some space for a new participants) so it is good time to fight for 2-3rd place (taking 1st can be hard cuz as i can see Marloan_Morris didn't lose any interest and keep producing great content To wink). 

22.02.2016, 14:44

Last time edited : 22.02.2016, 15:24

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Too much work to make posts all the time. I only make it when I'm in the mood, which I'm not lately.

Besides, I don't care about SEO and social media. 

11.03.2016, 23:08

Last time edited : 11.03.2016, 23:11

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Second stage is over. Marloan_Morris finished first in the 2nd stage and he gets 25 points.
Unfortunately no one took 2nd and 3rd place this time due to not meeting basic requirements
Minimum of 2 messages per week
We would accept 1 message per week but other participants didn't post more then 1-2 messages during this month.

3rd stage officially started March 5.

I know that TyStuFF officially stopped blogging and it seems to me that G_Money33 stopped as well. I didn't see many messages in paulotec's blog as well.

Therefore now it is a good time to enter the competition to take 2nd and 3rd place and get 15 and 7 points quite easily.
We would accept just 1 message (a decent message) in your blog per week. So 7-15 points (real $) for just 8 blog messages. (Length of 3rd stage is 2 month)

After 3rd stage ends we probably not going to have such competition for a long, long time.

ps Marloan_Morris - congratulations and thank you for your great work! Gift Yes 

12.03.2016, 21:36

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Time is just a huge problem, I'm barely able to keep my divisions running, so blogging just doesn't work out very well... But it was fun for a short while. 

12.03.2016, 22:24

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Ty
Time is just a huge problem, I'm barely able to keep my divisions running, so blogging just doesn't work out very well... But it was fun for a short while.

agreed, I burnt out.

Jeka, if there is ever an official blog from virtonomics that is out there and has exposure to get hits from potential new users, if you'd like I'd periodically produce blog content that you or admin could edit and post as your own.  No compensation needed for that, but I'd only do it when I had time.

Jeka I think you were the only person who read what I posted, so that was not very motivating or useful. 

22.03.2016, 01:34

Last time edited : 22.03.2016, 01:34

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

G_Money33
Virtonomics getting quite some views from blogger.com after the competition started. Even 3-6 new players your blog broad is very helpful.

I am using TyStuFF's blog as a guide for new players about "how to win contests", so his work also really appreciated.

you'd like I'd periodically produce blog content that you or admin could edit and post as your own.
Unfortunately Virtonomics doesn't have the official blog. I have my blog about Virtonomics
http://virtonomics-free.blogspot.ca/ ...
where i am trying to write quite often. If you are interested, i can add you in co-writers there (not for this competition, but just if you'd like to write something from time to time). Send me your email in PM and i'll add you as a co-writer ;-)

I would appreciate that. 

6.05.2016, 22:35

Last time edited : 6.05.2016, 23:13

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

The blogging contest is over. Marloan_Morris was the only one who i made it through all 3 stages which took four months! This is the longest contests which we ever had in Virtonomics.

Virtonomics congratulates Marloan and he receives 25 points for the 1st place in 3rd stage.

In addition to that we give a Combo award to Marloan Morris for taking 1st place in all stages. He can pick any point property (a farm, sawmill, fishing base, villa, etc) worth of 50 points in any location! For example it can be Tabacco 1000-1 farm in Havana or anything else worth 50 points. The property will be given on Monday/Tuesday next week.

We should remind Marloan that certain cities have multiple resources and one farm can extract 2-3 resources per season in these cities, so it might be a good idea to choose a farm/plantation with multiple resources Well

His fictional story based on Virtonomics is very interesting, long (38 parts!) and entertaining. We can even call it a book! Virtonomics administration really appreciate Marloan's work and we hope that he is happy with the rewards.

We also appreciate work of G_Money33, paulotec and TyStuFF. Thank you guys for your blogs! 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Competition: Best Blog about Virtonomics

• Page: