Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Introduce yourself here

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 13.08.2009, 16:23

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 09:34

VLTrader

It's interesting for me (and I suppose not only for me) what people play virtonomics. Who are they? Students, workers or maybe scientists? What for are u playing virta? Is it only game for u or perhaps smth more(like simulator of real economic and u could make useful findings for real life). So I offer u to answer some questions:

1. Your name
2. Your country, city
3. What are u?
4. Your age(if (your_sex == female) {u may not to answer} Very we!)
5. Languages u could speak
6. About yourself
7. Why do u like this game
8. Your aim in this game
9. Maybe smth elseWell

U may answer all this questions in free style.
Thanks u for answers.

Message list:  

8.04.2014, 12:51

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ok, I'll write something too.

1. Vipero will suffice
2. Netherlands, Nijmegen
3. Student of business psychology with minor in philosophy and following courses of business school.
4. Male, 28
5. Dutch, English, German
6. I like to do sports: bodybuilding, boxing (and other fightingsports), running
7. I can daydream about figures...go figure it out ;)
8. A. Learn all facets of the game one by one (including politics). B. Building an independent empire in which I control all business chains. (I'm almost there for four stores, so still a long way to go). C. Necromance or recycle all dead. D. Take lead in different aspects of the game.
9. Let me know if we can do business or if you want smth special! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                              

ELEMENTAL: your necromancing and recycling company

9.04.2014, 11:43.     Subject: Hi Friends and Fellow Enterprise Builders

pepperminttree

Call me KK. I've an ambition to establish a top of the line brewing factory, known for its quality, brand and all the things refined and tasteworthy. All things equal Life's journey must be full of amazing experiences and adventures.

Male 34, I reside in Delhi, India. English is our official tongue.

I will be interested in entering Aviation and Auto Manufacturing space in coming times.

Its a great game to setup the entrepreneurs or existing business owners for all the real life situations, and trade-offs they've to make every day, and think logically with resource availability at hand, and set a definitive frame of mind to get where they want to go from here. Great game.

I want to do tremendously well and build lasting partnerships in this game. say cheers!

KK (Chairman/Promoter)
Peppermint Tree Inc.
Krohner 23 Beer Brewing Factory - UK Aberdeen
HQ UK - Edinburgh
HQ Spain - Madrid 

11.04.2014, 14:25.     Subject: Greetings

GLobaldre

1. Andre aka torp
2. Portugal, Porto
3. A worker with many ambitions
4. Male 30
5. English, Spanish, Portuguese
6. Very simple, yet focus in getting what i want.
7. Simulate real business scenarios
8. Too learn as much as i can
When the going get´s tough, money talks

I wish all good interactions, and the best of wisdow to prevail in this hard world 

14.04.2014, 14:09.     Subject: Hey There!

Arseniu
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Your name : My name is Andrew or Andrei .
2. Your country, city : I currently live in Romania in the heart of Transylvania in Sibiu . This city is quite nice and medieval . You should come and visit To you
3. What are u? I am a student right now . I am still in highschool and i want to study engineering .
4. Your age: I'm 19 years old .
5. Languages u could speak: English and Romanian
6. About yourself: I am very friendly tolerant i like sports i like music and to play the piano. And i also like physics and computer games .
7. Why do u like this game; I like this game because it simulates the real life economic process and i would love to become a business man someday .
8. Your aim in this game: To become wealthy and to be in the top 100 .
9. Maybe smth elseWell : No really . I am suspicious about the current situation with the Russians invading Ukraine . We could all be influenced by this shit . 
Arsi

17.04.2014, 20:10

LEM96
l:
LM Group Ltd.

1. Lassi
2. Finland
3. Student
4. Male 17
5. Finnish, English, German, Swedish
6. I play guitar and love music. Interested in technology, finances and world politics
7. Because it's an economics simulation
8. To succeed and have fun
9. - 

19.04.2014, 17:29.     Subject: Hello Virto Businessmen

vxt22

1. Cody
2. Los Angeles, USA
3. What are u? Have an engineering degree but am an aspiring entrepreneur and RE developer.
4. Your age? 25
5. Just speak English, very small amount of Russian
6. Interested in quality and authenticity in places and markets
7. I'm interested in production chain games.  Basically just love economics.
8. Aim is to get a foothold in the market and learn something doing it.
9. I think that the Virtonomics team might consider changing their payment model away from requiring money for ownership of the means of production.  The current method is damaging the viability of this econ sim.  If you take mines, for example, it's more realistic to use extremely limited rollouts of mine exploration success based on who is exploring for what in what parts of the world, as well as real world geography.  And I can't understand why fruit/veggie production is limited...
I think there are real value add propositions to make money off of that do not hinder the main supply chain competition in the game.
Introducing Real Estate markets to those who subscribe, for example, is one way to do it.  In real life many countries restrict foreigners from owning land, so in Virtonomics it could be that unless you subscribe you can only own land in your home country -- wherever you decide that will be -- forever.  Land for factories/ag/mines is "rented."  But building apartment buildings, developments, and other income property would be off limits to foreigners. 

11.05.2014, 11:16

Vacent

1. Nuriel
3. Student
4. 22, Male
5. English
6. Like computers and games
7. Just started dont know yet, any help will be appreciated
8. To have fun and maybe learn a bit about economics 

19.05.2014, 13:21.     Subject: Introductions

SSherinaI

Heeey Very we! ! My name is Sherina. I live in Balikpapan, Indonesia. It's a multicultural city in Borneo,the biggest islands on my country,Indonesia. We have big natural biodiversity. You should visit Bali for your holiday and feel the nature! next semester I'll be a high schooler. I'm 14 years old now and I'm female of course. I could speak English but I'm not really good at it xD. I love to learn something new and lately I'm interested in business game and that's pretty excited. I'm just started this game so I don't know much about this game thought so I'll give it a try because I am still looking for what i'm attracted on so i could fight for it and after facing national examination, we have a month holiday until the result came out,  so i am here to have fun. Anyway thanks for reading it and I hope you could give me some tricks to play this. Have fun! 

20.05.2014, 03:52

Nancy75

VLTrader
It's interesting for me (and I suppose not only for me) what people play virtonomics. Who are they? Students, workers or maybe scientists? What for are u playing virta? Is it only game for u or perhaps smth more(like simulator of real economic and u could make useful findings for real life). So I offer u to answer some questions:

1. Nancy
2. Egypt , Alexandria
3. i'm 25 years old
4. i'm a girl Very we!
5. Languages I could speak ((English,Arabic))

23.05.2014, 20:14

steele82
Two years with Virtonomics

1. Ken
2. Norway, Oslo
3. Engineer
4. 31
5. Norwegian, English 

27.05.2014, 11:18

Last time edited : 27.05.2014, 11:19

saibatay
Three years with Virtonomics

1. Your name : Saib
2. Your country, city : Turkey / Gaziantep
3. What are u? : Electric - Electronic Engineer
4. Your age(if (your_sex == female) {u may not to answer} ) : 35 / Male I roll!
5. Languages u could speak : Turkish and English
6. About yourself :
7. Why do u like this game : Because managment is my job
8. Your aim in this game : Earn money , put my self on top ... (Just like a life)
9. Maybe smth else : Love peoples , peoples love me !!! Well 

1.06.2014, 00:45

toutseul

1. Melissa
2. CT, USA
3. pharm/dental student (haven't decided)
4. 19
5. English, and some chinese
8. Your aim in this game: learn some things about businessy things, strive to be the best, find the most efficient solution given constraints 

2.06.2014, 21:50

mindshift
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics

1. Wayne
2. United States, Western Maryland
3. Operations Analyst at a leading investment research firm, aspiring entrepreneur
4. 26
5. English
6. Simple, strong interests in all aspects of business and entrepreneurship, psychology, philosophy, and many other things. Love to meet new people and try new things.
7. I love Capitalism II and am hoping for this to be a closer to real world simulation to learn and test my skills, although I feel that neither of these simulations comes close to the real thing. Haven't tried CapitalismLab yet.
8. To make a profit. And assuming I manage that, to grow to one of the top companies in the game.
9. I agree with a few of the previous mentions that some aspects of virtonomics should change in order to allow a closer to real world simulation. For example, why are there some products where the only few sellers are asking a price over 100 times the market average preventing anyone from realistically dealing with the product? In the real world, a company asking way too much money for, say salmon, for anyone to order it and sell it in their markets, would have their stock spoil and go bankrupt. I can't see the logic behind this. 

5.06.2014, 02:09

Last time edited : 5.06.2014, 02:10

Afferand

Greetings to fellow members.

If I may introduce myself;

My name is Daniel (call me Danny), from the UK. I'm a game programmer in my late twenties and a business-management enthusiast with the occasional interest in learning a new language. I am capable of speaking English (evidently), Italian, and Turkish (to an extent). It's my hope to learn German someday as well.

As for the game, it looks pretty good but I haven't played it yet to give a credible answer. I'd like to burn off some time and perhaps learn something new about management in the process.

I look forward to knowing you guys, and have a good day or night. Well

PS: Hope nobody minds that I answered in free-style. 

5.06.2014, 03:06.     Subject: 6.4.2014

Dude_Wes
Nine years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

1. Wesley
2. Norman, OK USA
3. Graduate Student, expert in battery technologies
4. Old enough to know better and too young to care.
5. English, C++
6. I am scary in dark allies, its dark most everyone is scary.
7. It is a very involved game that doesn't have any violence
8. To dominate one market, if only I could decide which!
9. Looking for a job very soon! Know anyone who wants a Physicist/Engineer with Electrochemistry experience? 
http://virtonomics.com/lien/main//income/755841]

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Introduce yourself here