Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> buying game points

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 10.04.2009, 02:49

redmaniac

I've played great number of online games. None of them offered possibility to buy any kind of game advantages for real money. The only charges were for subscribing to a game.
So I always assumed that it's illegal (at least in the US). I know that you can't sell nothing for real money. You can charge people for the service you provide or for the products you offer.

My question is: Am I wrong saying that one can't sell game points? Well

Regards,
redmaniac   

• Page:
Message list:  

4.05.2009, 16:38

Last time edited : 4.05.2009, 16:41

Yellow_Melon
Four years with Virtonomics

redmaniac
I think you are not right about service. First, there is always quality associated with it. Second, if I'm not satisfied with the service - I can always claim my money back. So if buying game points is kind of a service then I should have an option of getting my money back in case I'm not satisfied. Well

I'm not sure what you mean saying that tourism industry is selling emotions. You pay for tickets, hotel, excursions, etc. To wink

Ok, I'll give you another example. At times service, as I see it, is something impalpable and intangible... When you buy a ticket for a roller coaster - what do you get in the end? Only emotions Well 

5.05.2009, 09:25

redmaniac

Yellow_Melon
Ok, I'll give you another example. At times service, as I see it, is something impalpable and intangible... When you buy a ticket for a roller coaster - what do you get in the end? Only emotions Well

I disagree again Well Of course what you get are emotions only. But the owners need to pay for running roller coaster park, anything from energy bills to staff salary. So it's not an air really Well 

5.05.2009, 10:54

Yellow_Melon

redmaniac
Yellow_Melon

I disagree again Well Of course what you get are emotions only. But the owners need to pay for running roller coaster park, anything from energy bills to staff salary. So it's not an air really Well

Well I see what you're getting at, but don't you think that websites also demand time, money and maintenance staff who want their salary to be paid? 

6.05.2009, 08:50

redmaniac

Yellow_Melon
Well I see what you're getting at, but don't you think that websites also demand time, money and maintenance staff who want their salary to be paid?

yes they do. So I think monthly payments are totally justified. But gaming points are hard to justify...  Well 

12.05.2009, 16:45

Mogilyar2

I don'r speak english wery good, and I understand all word's at this topic 

12.05.2009, 19:27

Last time edited : 12.05.2009, 19:31

Yellow_Melon

redmaniac

yes they do. So I think monthly payments are totally justified. But gaming points are hard to justify...  Well

I see what you mean. But I'm afraid I cannot agree with you up to a point. Well I guess this system could become an insurmountable obstacle for newcomers. Only fancy, a novice who cannot understand immediately what is going on and how to play must pay to gain access to the game! Even if it is free for a week or so. Again

Another thing is: what should be done with all the gamers who haven't paid in time? And what to do with their companies for the time until they pay? Should they be shut down? Not so And don't you think that this decision will push aside all the gamers who don't want to pay in principle?

I understand possible positive consequences of the monthly payment implementation, but they will be easily outweighed by all the negative and adverse effects of this drastic change. 

13.05.2009, 03:10

redmaniac

Yellow_Melon

I see what you mean. But I'm afraid I cannot agree with you up to a point. Well I guess this system could become an insurmountable obstacle for newcomers. Only fancy, a novice who cannot understand immediately what is going on and how to play must pay to gain access to the game! Even if it is free for a week or so. Again

Another thing is: what should be done with all the gamers who haven't paid in time? And what to do with their companies for the time until they pay? Should they be shut down? Not so And don't you think that this decision will push aside all the gamers who don't want to pay in principle?

I understand possible positive consequences of the monthly payment implementation, but they will be easily outweighed by all the negative and adverse effects of this drastic change.

I guess you never played in a game with monthly subscription. All the things you mentioned are already solved in other games.

Mainly there are 2 type of games (both solve the problems with newcomers):
1. Will offer you free trial for couple of weeks or so;
2. Have very limited content for free users, whereas for subscribers there are much more things to do.
For this game I think 2nd option is the best choice. Just limit the number of subdivisions to 5 (or 7, 10) for free users. Then when a newbie decides that he likes the game - he subscribes Well

And now to your question about people who don't pay on time. The solution is easy: you simply can't login in. Your company will run on its own until you pay.

About people who don't want to pay at all... Let them enjoy their limited content Well 

13.05.2009, 11:38

Last time edited : 13.05.2009, 11:42

Yellow_Melon

redmaniac

I guess you never played in a game with monthly subscription. All the things you mentioned are already solved in other games.

Mainly there are 2 type of games (both solve the problems with newcomers):
1. Will offer you free trial for couple of weeks or so;
2. Have very limited content for free users, whereas for subscribers there are much more things to do.
For this game I think 2nd option is the best choice. Just limit the number of subdivisions to 5 (or 7, 10) for free users. Then when a newbie decides that he likes the game - he subscribes Well

And now to your question about people who don't pay on time. The solution is easy: you simply can't login in. Your company will run on its own until you pay.

About people who don't want to pay at all... Let them enjoy their limited content Well

You're definately right, I've never played this kind of games. But you haven't convinced me yet ;)

I do believe that a half of virtonomics gamers haven't paid for game points or bought them just once or twice only, but they've been very successful though. And hardly can I imagine how can the limitations on subdivisions quantity can be implemented soon. There might be an extra realm with these strict limitations, but it's impossible to transfer Vera or Olga to the system you described. Even the brand-new Mary has filled with more-than-5-subdivisions companies for just a month! It is surprised

Another thing is that, for instance, buying game points once a month only could be cheaper than a monthly payment, so it is affrordable for a great number of people and that makes the game more exciting for everyone. And don't forget that label "free online game" draws more gamers So-so

And what about those who want to unscribe and play for free again? So-so

P.S.  As to me, I believe that there are two kinds of strategy for online games. The first one is concerned with a free access to draw more users, but paid extra advantages. The second one refers to a game with monthly subscription. And all these kinds of games have its legal grounds Well It's up to Virtonomics owners to decide, I believe. 

13.05.2009, 22:37

redmaniac

From what you are saying I clearly understand one thing. If someone has never played a game with monthly subscription, it's hard for him to understand all the benefits of it. To wink

I played and invested a lot in both types of games. And now I'm 100% sure that games with monthly subscription are so much more enjoyable Well 

15.05.2009, 05:44

Last time edited : 15.05.2009, 05:45

Argon2
m:
SiS

redmaniac , I agree, but games with a subscription much lessNot so

I hope now you me will understandWell 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> buying game points

• Page: