Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> buying game points

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 10.04.2009, 02:49

redmaniac

I've played great number of online games. None of them offered possibility to buy any kind of game advantages for real money. The only charges were for subscribing to a game.
So I always assumed that it's illegal (at least in the US). I know that you can't sell nothing for real money. You can charge people for the service you provide or for the products you offer.

My question is: Am I wrong saying that one can't sell game points? Well

Regards,
redmaniac   

• Page:
Message list:  

10.04.2009, 14:42

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

...great number of online games...

What games? I've played TimeZero: in this game u can buy game points and some artifacts (like weapons and armour) 

10.04.2009, 20:35

Last time edited : 10.04.2009, 20:35

redmaniac

pectopatop
What games? I've played TimeZero: in this game u can buy game points and some artifacts (like weapons and armour)

I mean everything except Russian games Well 

12.04.2009, 03:02

Evgeny56

Do you really think that you need game points write now? I thought this is a test realm O_o! 

12.04.2009, 03:18

Last time edited : 12.04.2009, 03:27

messopotam

redmaniac
I've played great number of online games. None of them offered possibility to buy any kind of game advantages for real money.
In Travian (made in Germany) for a game points (= real money) you can :
- increase your attack/defence power by 10%
- increase by 10% aquiring resources from its sources (mines..)
- exchange any resources 1:1
- finish building's construction immediately 

12.04.2009, 06:00

redmaniac

didn't know about "gold" in Travian. Thanks! 

23.04.2009, 19:54

FoMaLe

Who say Travian? don't talk about strong drug. Nap.. We need nap 

24.04.2009, 01:53

Last time edited : 24.04.2009, 01:55

Argon2
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
SiS

redmaniac

My question is: Am I wrong saying that one can't sell game points? Well

Certainly, in the USA it is impossible... In Russia it is possible!

Welcome, at us all is possible!Very we!

On the Internet - it is exactWell 

1.05.2009, 15:31

Yellow_Melon

I can't but disagree with this statement.

It's not illegal since they give you smth (I mean game points) for your money, and it's up to you to decide whether you need game points or not. There are loads of on-line games where money is needed to get some extra bonuses and these games have non-Russian origin, e.g. German-made Ikariam and Travian. 

2.05.2009, 03:45

redmaniac

Yellow_Melon

It's not illegal since they give you smth (I mean game points) for your money, and it's up to you to decide whether you need game points or not. There are loads of on-line games where money is needed to get some extra bonuses and these games have non-Russian origin, e.g. German-made Ikariam and Travian.

First, it was a question, not a statement Well
When you sell something it should be a product. You can't sell air.
Are you aware of any US games?

Regards,
redmaniac 

2.05.2009, 17:22

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Can sell air..
Because it's a market's rule: you can sell anything, that other wants to buy..
--
Japaneses sell air and oxygen (in Tokio). 

3.05.2009, 11:05

Last time edited : 4.05.2009, 16:38

Yellow_Melon

redmaniac
Yellow_Melon

First, it was a question, not a statement Well
When you sell something it should be a product. You can't sell air.
Are you aware of any US games?

Regards,
redmaniac

I've considered "that one can't sell game points" as a statement and have disagreed with it So-so

I do believe that air can be sold. Moreover, there is even an international treaty establishing that kind of trade: Kyoto protocol Well

And I guess that service is a kind of "air-trade", so to speak So-so Tourism industry, for instance, sells emotions rather than products.

Best regards,
YM. 

3.05.2009, 23:51

redmaniac

Yellow_Melon
And I guess that service is a kind of "air-trade", so to speak So-so Tourism industry, for instance, sell emotions rather than products.

I think you are not right about service. First, there is always quality associated with it. Second, if I'm not satisfied with the service - I can always claim my money back. So if buying game points is kind of a service then I should have an option of getting my money back in case I'm not satisfied. Well

I'm not sure what you mean saying that tourism industry is selling emotions. You pay for tickets, hotel, excursions, etc. To wink 

4.05.2009, 03:21

Last time edited : 4.05.2009, 03:22

Argon2
m:
SiS

redmaniac,
To return bought you certainly not can, but you have a choice to play - to play, buy - to buy.

In 99 % of russian-speaking and english-speaking Russian браузерных online games, there are subjects - qualification etc, offering huge advantages before other players, but on sale exclusively for real money.

It is tradition and who to it is not surprised.

If you create a site in ru-net, will start to sell air (literally) and will manage to find buyers who to you and words will not tell, all within the limits of the lawWell 

4.05.2009, 08:38

redmaniac

Hi Argon2,

thanks for your input. But I'm not sure if I can understand your translator To wink 

4.05.2009, 10:10

Last time edited : 4.05.2009, 10:17

Argon2
m:
SiS

Hi, Translate the Russian text, through the translator, I think it will be clear.Very we!

http://www.online-translator.com/Default.aspx/Text?prmtlang=en ...

Деньги вам конечно не вернут, но у вас всегда есть выбор играть, или не играть в игру, покупать - или не покупать.

В 99% русскоязычных браузерных онлайн игр, можно стать значительно сильнее прочих игроков, за счет реальных денег и это вполне в порядке вещей. Well

Если вы создадите сайт, в русском сегменте интернета и в буквальном смысле - начнете продавать воздух, при этом найдя покупателей...То это так же будет вполне нормально. Well 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> buying game points

• Page: