Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> large, evil Dominators.

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 13.03.2015, 11:13

Cwalen
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

(thank you Mike for feeding me the line)

There is no argument about large Dominator’s.

I am a relatively large player. 48'th in assets.
$1.5 with 12 0's behind it.

The top ten players start at 4 times larger and end at 27 times larger.

85 times my size between them.

Large is beyond argument.

For someone to earn as much money as Mike has, making a reasonable 5 000 000 000 a day would take an inconveniently long 295 years.

In less than 30 years they could break into the top 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkK8wS2WWc

(Monty python, an honest prayer "Oh god, you are so big")
(no not p[orn)

An even more impressive stat on the dominator front is looking at the market analysis.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/manufacture/1517
There are a few areas where Mike/max666 do not dominate the industry.

They have huge qualifications, produce at high technology with massive scale.

So yes, they dominate markets. This is as it should be.

Which just leaves us with the question of evil.

There are two aspects of evil that I think may be relevant.

Evil doesn't care for others.
Evil shits in it's own nest.

It's an economic simulator, so I am surprised as to how much people do still care about one another.
Unchecked capitalism leads naturally to monopolies.
The only checks on growth here are qualifications.
Once players hit the point where realm average quality becomes an issue for them, their technology is inadequate to compete, and it becomes a struggle to improve production capacity at a reasonable rate.
especially at a profit.

Large, yes, there are people who are huge.
Dominators, yes, whole sectors are dominated.

Evil?
Well that depends on how their behaviour effects other, the game world as a whole, and if they have even considered their power in those terms.

Well
C

• Page:
Message list:  

20.03.2015, 15:51

Last time edited : 20.03.2015, 15:53

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

@cwalen

The Success level is not linear or else the small players would top it. It makes some adjustment because growing from level 1 to 2 is not the same as from 100 to 101.

I think if two players grow the same qualification at max growth of the level they have, they will get the same points, despite being at different levels (and thus, different growth percentages)

Player with higher success levels are usually the ones that develop a wider range of qualifications (game point enterprises are very hard to max top 3). I don't take it much in account because although I am top 9, I'm not one of the best players at maxing production growth (which is, without a doubt, the most important qualification). I got to top 9 when I started with power plants and auto repair (which a lot of players ignore) 

20.03.2015, 19:24

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

@ Cwalen:
No need to worry about what G said. He is a friend and has any right to mock my poor English (he has not seen my accent yet I roll!) . Translating word by word creates ridiculous phrases most of the time. English must be the equivalent of "production qualification" among the languages; as you progress it will be harder to grow the skill. Ridiculously 

20.03.2015, 19:33

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Qualification growth slows down with every higher level according to this table:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100391/view/m:99902333#99902333 ...

Of course the penalty of 5% isn't included yet.

A large company may not have the same problems as a small company but theres plenty of other challenges.  I think its a lot more complicated, planning-intensive and time consuming to keep things going. Just to name a few:

- Unlocking the penalty for a single qualification at 140+ costs 15 points
- producing a piece of meat in Conakry with maxed worker qualification would cost 15 a piece
- maxing out all worker salaries for top growth is impossible because the limitations of administrative load and the salary cost would eat up all the profits
- Tech level 30 requires quality 48.50 equipment and wears off even faster than low-quality equipment / tech level 

21.03.2015, 02:57

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

So, I guess the only way to help the veterans to counter that reduced growth would be increasing the education level in the main cities, so they can produce at a decent price without having to inflate wages nor sacrifice qualification growth. This sounds like a good way to attract them to cities with unemployment. To you That, or having more badges/rewards with +bonuses to qualification.

Also, right now it would be impossible to max the TOP3 usage in offices for level 146 or beyond in Management (43.508 workers TOP3, max 1000 workers at 12.24). Only 43 regions and offices can't hold more than 1000 workers. Now, I wouldn't be too worried if I had such a high level in management. XD 

22.03.2015, 10:19

Cwalen

The veterans can still grow quite nicely. (within the limitations of the negative feedback loop of higher qualification slowing qualification growth)

They just have more problems disposing of the high cost, high quality product.

With that negative feedback loop and Mike's gem about every non realm average industry costing 20%  I need to some testing and checking to be sure my initial argument has any validity.

It's three times harder to go from 199 to 200 than it is from 30 to 31.

As Mike pointed out, managing his level of production is a non trivial task, combine that with having to fight more than twice as hard to gain each level.

My paranoid nightmare of endlessly chasing someone receding into the distance and accelerating as they went is obviously an illusion.

I am still concerned about the expense for mid range players chasing realm average production for qualification growth. Us 30's and 40's players generally don't have as much money, certainly not enough to be able to sustain losses for 900 or more days one after the other.

I'll sit and think and get back to this thread if there is a need to.

In the meanwhile I would like to thank; Mike, Rogue Cat, Wonson and Pyrex for their involvement in making this an interesting and informative exploration of an idea.

Well

22.03.2015, 13:41

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Cwalen
Mike's gem about every non realm average industry costing 20%

Please take that info with a grain of salt .. its been a rather long time ago that i concluded this value, it was based on watching and fixing during a few updates only. I was pretty sure that there weren't other factors but its not guaranteed. I also don't know if and how they accumulate and how q-level magnifies the factor.

I just fixed 2 products 2 days ago, its all green now but growth is still at 0.7%. 

22.03.2015, 20:16

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

I am at the level of production 37 myself (+ 5 from badges), I'm almost at the maximum production allowed by this level, and my qualification grows by 0,6% every day, which is even slower than Mike. That's what you get when you don't invest points in qualification. 

23.03.2015, 15:56

Last time edited : 23.03.2015, 16:06

jeka_igla
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

qualification grows by 0,6% every day
There are 2 possible explanations of that, if u r interested
1 - You didn't get rid of the qualification growth penalty. Every new level of qualification you need +5% more expirience to get a new one. So if you never invested your points to ur qualification, you need like 180% expirience instead of 100% which is 1/3 of max growth. It is suggested to invest point every 8th (18, 28, 38) to achive max growth
2 - Defenetlly quality of goods you are producing aren't higher than realm's avarage. In that case your growth will be much slower than possible

You max growth is 11.9% and you need total of 189 000 employees
http://calc.atlantis-corp.ru/top3.php ... (look at Производство at the 42)

For example, u r prudicing a lot of Sport Food with a quality of 17.98 (i assume)
But realm's avarage is 21.88 thanks to Max66 and Bickle International
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/manufacture/15336 ...

If you will produce sport food higher than 21.88, you growth will be around 4%. If you get rid of the qualification growth penalty by investing 4 points now, it will be 11.9% if you have total of 189 000 employees with highest possible tech for ur level (like 20-24th)

Hope i helped 

23.03.2015, 23:16

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

jeka_igla
qualification grows by 0,6% every day
There are 2 possible explanations of that, if u r interested
1 - You didn't get rid of the qualification growth penalty. Every new level of qualification you need +5% more expirience to get a new one. So if you never invested your points to ur qualification, you need like 180% expirience instead of 100% which is 1/3 of max growth. It is suggested to invest point every 8th (18, 28, 38) to achive max growth
2 - Defenetlly quality of goods you are producing aren't higher than realm's avarage. In that case your growth will be much slower than possible

You max growth is 11.9% and you need total of 189 000 employees
http://calc.atlantis-corp.ru/top3.php ... (look at Производство at the 42)

For example, u r prudicing a lot of Sport Food with a quality of 17.98 (i assume)
But realm's avarage is 21.88 thanks to Max66 and Bickle International
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/manufacture/15336 ...

If you will produce sport food higher than 21.88, you growth will be around 4%. If you get rid of the qualification growth penalty by investing 4 points now, it will be 11.9% if you have total of 189 000 employees with highest possible tech for ur level (like 20-24th)

Hope i helped

In theory, these are good ideas, but
1- I promised to myself I won't spend points on ingame advantages, and see how far I can go like that
2- I'm already researching for better quality products, for example sports food. But I can only go at my own pace, which is evidently slower than the leaders. And since I'm also selling other stuff in my stores, not all the workers can produce high-quality-lower-than-the-average-though sports food So-so 

28.03.2015, 01:12

Cwalen

Glad to see others reporting the problem I noticed with keeping up production qual growth in the 30-50 range.

It is really very difficult for us mid range players to produce realm average, the big players have high tech and massive volumes.

We can sacrifice profits by pouring in expensive raw materials, and we can go for goods like leather clothing, but then we need to sell at less than cost price to move any product at all.

I release qualifications every 20 levels or so, which is starting to get expensive, and I am maintaining 5% production qual growth at the moment. Time permitting I'll be overhauling my whole production wing in order to drive that up a bit more.

At the moment it's looking like it will take me something like another 7 years to catch up with where Mike is now, though it is sounding like he won't have moved up much by then.

Well

28.03.2015, 04:32

Last time edited : 28.03.2015, 04:37

jeka_igla
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

It is really very difficult for us mid range players to produce realm average,
Honestly, here on Mary it is fairly easy to produce higher Q than average. Lien is even easier
For example on Vera few mought ago i had an issue that i can't produce higher than average to improve my  livestock Q because... Wait for it...

Average quality on vera:

Meat - 41
Milk - 45
lambs - 57
wool - 58
chickens - 62
skin - 57
pigs - 44

And i had livestock qualification of 22. It was a real challenge to produce higher than that but i made it

There are just few guys there ( REAL large, evil Dominators Ridiculously ) who producing almost every good in game with volume of 5,000,000 units per day (taking 20-30% of the total share) each with quality of 80-100+ and they determine the average which we have to beat up

Also these guys developing hughes technologies and not selling them to the public...

That's why i moved to Mary, away from real Evil Cheerfully 

28.03.2015, 07:59

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

jeka_igla
That's why i moved to Mary, away from real Evil Cheerfully

Welcome to the relaxed life in Mary realm, where most of large companies cooperate instead of destroying each other.

All rainbows and ponies. I roll! 

6.04.2015, 09:38

Cwalen

Oh it's nice to have my voice back. Thank you Bo.

Respect to Mike, the 20% isn't quite real.

From the limited data I have, it will take someone with 30 quals, longer than the game has existed to catch up with where he is now. He may not have moved much further forward in that time.

Not sure how to sell that one to the new players though.
"don't worry, with a few hundred dollars, and tens of thousands of hours, in 2021 you can still be second rate"?

The big end of town will continue to produce ever higher quality goods.

Players below the point of requiring realm average to drive their qualification will continue to do well till they grow to the point where they do.

Then they hit the limit, and stagnate.

People who play this game are not stupid.
They can do maths.

30 qual in production demands massive point investment in point based industries to even try to compete. They can barely compete with non point based products produced by people with huge tech and production capacity.

All politics aside, and acknowledging that a lot of the contributions to the devs come from new players who barely read the forum.

The combination of large players producing massive amounts of high quality goods, and the realm average limit to qualification growth for medium players is still looking like an issue to me.

Well

9.04.2015, 00:51

suffix
Twelve years with Virtonomics

jeka_igla

There are just few guys there ( REAL large, evil Dominators )

I am not a devil - I am a boar! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> large, evil Dominators.

• Page: